Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
FAINTING? BLACKING OUT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

FAINTING? BLACKING OUT?

iFor the last 3 years or so i have been fainting or blacking out for no reason.

When it first started, i just thought that it was just because i was getting out of bed way too fast ( i used to fall in my room a lot! and in the hall way. one time i fell into my closet and couldn't get up for some reason.)

But then it got all weird because it would happen out of the blue. i would be feeling fine and walking and then i would just pass out right there.

sometimes i can feel it coming and i sit on the ground before i fall down.

I'm 17 now and i thought that i would stop, you know grow out of that... bu that was 3 years ago.

THE very first then i see is black spots then it all just goes black and i fall down. But its not like i am out for long. I get up with in the next 10 seconds to 30 seconds

It happened a lot during the first year but then the next year it only happened everyonce in a while after that. THen it happened again and i fell against the hall way and i guess you can say i got a "wall burn" and it sort of bruised. so my got a shaman to come and see me.My parents are religious and have done a ... umm im not really sure what its called, but the shaman person said that i should be fine. and i was okay.... but that was 2 months ago. and this morning i fell in my room again. but i didnt tell my parents...

i'm not really into my religion and i have suggested that we go see the doctor.. but my parents try to avoid doctors if they can because they don't really trust doctors and thats another story though...

what can be wrong with me?

other problems that i have noticed is that my period has been getting farther and farther apart. last time it was 2 months.. now its been like 2 months and a half since i've had mine.

and i haven't been able to think correcting... or think straight... and i fine myself not being able to speak right. English is my second language but i've never had problems talking in english... but ive been having trouble finding the right words or saying the wrong words even though i know exactly what i want to say. ( thats in both languages )

i just thought that it was a little problem but now i'm starting to get worried....

Its always happened when i was at home. only once at school, but i was in the bathroom so no one saw anything.
what im really worried about is what if that happens when i'm driving??? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME....
anyone?
I do not wish to speak against anyone's personal beliefs, especially to a minor. Since it sounds your parents are not 100% against doctors, and you have already suggested seeing a doctor, I will say I agree with you.

Whether your symptoms are connected or not, who knows? Please do not keep your blackout episodes a secret. Tell them each and every time, even keep a journal of all your symptoms.

Just a few things that are known to cause blackout spells are extreme anemia, low blood pressure, low or high blood sugar, some cardiac syndromes - just to name a few.  Your other symptoms make me think that evaluation by an endocrinologist and then maybe a neurologist could help lead to a diagnosis.

Seeing a doctor for evaluation does not require a commitment to treatment. Maybe they would be comfortable getting some diagnostic information then the three of you discuss how to proceed. Start by telling them about today's episode, and discussing the other symptoms you've told us. Please let us know how things go for you.
Thanks... i will speak to my parents and we'll wait and see what happens...

For syncope/fainting to occur, either the reticular activating system in the brain needs to lose its blood supply, or both hemispheres of the brain need to be deprived of blood, oxygen, or glucose.

So it can be due to fall in BP, hypoglycemia, dehydration and inadequate electrolytes in the body, postural hypotension, blockage of arteries supplying blood to the brain esp. the carotids,anemia,vasovagal attacks or underlying neurological conditions.

Diagnosis is important as treatment will depend on the cause. So pls do get yourself examined by a physician.

The irregular periods that you are having may be due to stress or anxiety or due to pituitary malfunction or due to hormonal imbalance like excess of androgens or testosterone and decrease levels of estrogen and progesterone. Conditions like polycystic ovarian disease and fibroids are other important causes of irregular periods.Pls consult a gynecologist and get yourself evaluated.

Take care and God bless.

How are you?
Your symptoms could be due to a hormonal imbalance especially since your periods are irregular. Please consult an endocrinologist to rule out thyroid dysfunction and ovarian cysts.
Other possibilities can be nutritional deficiencies like anemia, low blood sugar and low BP.
Please make sure that you are not dehydrated and eat regularly to avoid low blood sugar levels.
thank you all so far. I'll speak with my parents... but it seems like they are always busy and ... they don't like spending money... so... i don't know.... sometimes from the look in their faces its liek they think i'm just kidding or something. its problaby because when i was younger i had a lot of chest pains but then i had a CAT or something like that and it turned out to be nothing... but i really REALLY did have chest pains....*sighs i'll talk to them... hopefully i'll be okay... in the last 3 days i've only fainted twice... so thats better right?..... yeah..honestly... i'm trying to avoid going to the doctors... i want to go because i want to know forsure that theres nothing wrong.. but at the same time... i'm afraid of the bills that my parents will recieve.... GAWD MY HEAD HURTS!!!!