Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Facial fullness and pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Facial fullness and pressure

For the past few months I have had a sensation of fullness in the face in the cheekbone area and behind the ears and eyes. When I lay on my side I have a feeling of pressure on my eyes. My MRI came out negative. This is driving me crazy. I feel like I have a lot of fluid in my head but I am not blowing anything out of my nose. What could it be?
Just checking again. Does anyone have this symptom? Its worse when I am lying down.
I have had the symptoms you're describing.  I do not know if you have the same thing that I do, but I have sinusitis.  It doesn't always show up on an MRI.  My doctor prescribed antihistamines and anti-inflammatory drugs.
But I thought with sinusitis you would have a lot of nasal drip, etc. I will ask the doctor about it.

You could be having sinusitis or rhinitis. Do you have associated symptoms of cough, wheeze, breathlessness, post nasal drip etc?

You should try steam inhalation, saline nasal drops and oral antihistamine medications for your complaints and see if it helps with the symptoms.

You should see your doctor and get a clinical examination for a diagnosis and to evaluate if any investigations are required including blood tests, chest xray and CT scan of the sinuses.

Are you allergic to any specific substances or have had allergic reactions in the past?

You could read the following link -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinusitis

Let us now about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.