Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feel hungover without drinking and a host of other problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello, I'm writing for my husband who is 36. He has been 'ill' for about 2 and a half years now and the doctors haven't been much help. His main problems are with his stomach, eating causes nausea and stomach pains mainly in the upper quadrant, sometimes lower. Sometimes he feels sick before he's even finished his meal. He's had a CBC done and also been checked for H. Pylori, all clear. The GP hasn't been interested in sending for more tests, just writes a prescription for Zantac. If his only problem was his stomach, I wouldn't be that concerned, but he also suffers from joint pain, muscle pain, extreme fatigue, blurred vision, headaches, occasional pins and needles and 'burning', and the oddest symptom to me is that he wakes up in the mornings feeling hungover even though he's not had a drink. I keep thinking it's a food sensitivity, as he feels the worst after eating. I've researched the hangover bit myself and the only thing I found that was medical related was gut fermentation caused by overgrowth of yeast in the gut.ALL of his symptoms match. I was wondering what other people thought or if anyone had any other suggestions. He has yet another Dr Appt in a few days and this time I want him to be armed with some info, because the GP's around here try to fob you off as much as possible. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers!
Hi sara, Did you ever find an answer? I have had the same symptoms for about 6 years now. It seems to be worse the longer I am inactive. I don't get sick during a meal, but I do have a mild burning sensation in my stomach after I eat. i have joint pain, the hangover in the morning effect and headaches. I also get pins and needles, but usually if I have my arm resting on the table or from certain pressure points. My muscles hurt mainly in the neck, base of neck and shoulders.

Let me know. I am curious. I was beginning to think this was just the way I was going to feel forever. I go to the doctor and I usually get the brush off because I look fine.
hi guys, i have been having similar symptoms, hungover feeling in the morning without drinking, feeling very drowsy and sleeping, tingling sensation in my face, neck stiffness and pain, other joint pains and muscle pains, itchiness of skin, bruise easily, headache, foginess in head etc. after numerous tests was told i had ME/ Chronic fatigue syndrome, i too look well tho i feel ill all the time, now i am bringing up very bitter tasting stuff. i have felt thois way for over 2 years . i already have a gut problem.

if any thing comes up please let me know too . thank you
I have very similar symptoms.  I have been thinking either a food allergy or candida.  Got tested for celiacs disease/gluten allergy and don't know the results yet.  Will let you know if anything comes up.  Only abnormal blood tests so far are Low B12 and positive Ebstein Barr (maybe from past infection).  If candia or gluten allergy don't work out, GP is thinking CFS but not sure I believe in CFS except as a word to describe various and numerous symptoms.
Hi I had similar systems and ended up allergic to wheat (not gluten so you can eat other grains) but when I stopped eating wheat, it healed up.
What test did you get done that showed your wheat allergy?  That is interesting; so you were allergic to wheat but not gluten?  Maybe I should have gotten tested for more allergies than just specifically gluten.  Still haven't heard back on the results yet though.  
These are all symptoms of candida albicans overgrowth which your husband could have. Yeast feeding produces Alchohol and other horrible things which over work the liver making one feel generally unwell most of the time. It will be worse if he eats simple carbs. and then goes to bed. My advice to you is to get a high strength probiotic (20 billion+ per capsule) take a few per day and go on to an anti candida diet. The probiotic will compete with the candida, the diet will starve it. If this is the case he'll notice an improvement fairly soon.

I have had some of those symptons for the past few years now. I basically feel hungover every day even though I'm not drinking. I usually get it for months at a time and then it randomly goes away. I had a number of tests done and tried some alternatives including acupuncture and iridology. I don't really have the joint or muscle pains

Did anyone manage to have any luck with solutions?

Thanks, Emma

This was very interesting because I thought I was the only one with these symptoms. I basically feel hungover every day, without drinking any alcohol. Drinking a lot of water will not alleviate the problem. I also suffer from chronic neck and shoulder pain (muscular), fatigue and anxiety. I haven't had much help from my doctor, although I did find that exercising for 20+ minutes a day for about a week will get rid of almost all the symptoms. A couple days without exercise and my symptoms will return. Also, cutting out simple sugars from my diet seemed to help a lot. I feel much less hungover if I avoid candy and cookies.  Hope these two tips might help someone.

-Cam (age 22)
Hi. All of these symptoms are also caused by anxiety. Without even realizing it, our body's react in strange ways including a hungover feeling, pins and needles, stomach problems, speech problems, seeing problems and a whole bunch more. Try to get exercise and see if that helps, it should. Also, drink lots of water and avoid alcohol! I hope this helps :)
Any updates on this? I too have chronic neck pain, pressure in my head, feeling of a hangover, slight dizziness, floaters in my eyes,  etc... and no doctor has an answer.
yes! yes! there are others!! I feel hungover every day with out drinking. Also have chronic dull daily headache... my Dr. thought it was related to my Hashimoto's thyroid disease but i'm taking medicine for that and it doesn't seem to be helping, if anything it's making it worse!

I clearly am having an auto immune reaction to SOMETHING since my ANA levels are 1:320. but I don't know if it causing me to feeling like i'm hungover... or if it's something else....

Also can't seem to tolerate alcohol as well anymore either.

Please if someone finds out what is causing this let me know!!!!
Finally! Finally, others with similar if not identical symptoms. All of my blood work has come back normal with the exception of Epstein Bar and Valley Fever, both of those were in chronic or past exposure phase. I have an easily upset stomach, lower abdominal pain, hangover sensation without drinking, dry mouth, frequent head aches, muscle pain and weakness, joint pain, fatigue, mental fog and anxiety as well as weight gain. I take ibuprofen, but that is it, because without knowing what is wrong with me there is no way to treat it. I try to stay hydrated, eat an organic pesce vegi diet and exercise as much as I can. My quality of life is going down here and I am so glad to find others with similar experiences. I will try the Candida fast, but am already on probiotics.
I'm curious......any one here gotten their adrenals function tested???? I'm beginning to think my issue is adrenal insufficiency which probably CAUSED my thyroid problems to begin with.....

I've read that it can cause similar symptoms described by many of us here...
So what's the verdict on this?? It's is certainly annoying feeling like this every day. It's nearly 5 and I'm in bed feeling hungover and haven't touched alcohol? I'm not really sure what to do.
I've been having this problem for a while but today I am feeling so sick, I decided to come online to research. I thought google will not understand but  lo and behold, so many of you with the same symptoms.While its heartening to see so many like me out there, I am sorry for all of you, 'cause I know how rotten it feels. I have a few problems that compound the issues, I eat whenever I am bored, I suffer from PCOD, I am lactose intolerant and I don't like sweets (cookies, cakes, deserts, ices, the works) or sugar and if I ever have them, I get a headache.

Having said thttp://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/Feel-hungover-without-drinking-and-a-host-of-other-problems/show/201444#his, I also know that to deal with half the above symptoms, I need to burn 350-500 calroies daily in sport or excersice, the moment I stop it, things start going downhill slowly. First PCOD wrecks havoc with my monthlies which become all monthers, then I get chronic headaches, then the eyes start hurting, elbow joints particularly hurt, fatigue (which could be the all monthers also), lastly (like today) feeling hungover. The more I overeat, the quicker I get to the hungover state (I can't tolerate the taste of alcohol for over 2 years now)

Right now, I'd promise that from this moment on I will burn 350-400 calories in the gym daily, 5 times a week, not overeat, have low carbs, normal proteins, lots of stir fried veggies, 3 fruits raw per day. (Pray that I stick to it)
OMG I have been like this for 3 years now! No solutions!!!!
Hanover without alcohol - I have the same problem once a month or so. Lasts for 1 to 3 days. I quit alcohol years ago. My research has come up with 4 possibilities so far but I am sure there could be more.
1. We need to drink more water and less coffee, less tea.
2. Some of us may have kidneys that cant handle our diets. I will ask my doctor about this next visit. Other website mentioned excess potasium could be problem for tired kidneys. I ate bananas every day this week
3. I have a weak liver due to excessive alcohol years ago. Another website mentions that some carbs can metabolize into alcohol under some conditions?
4. Toxic air in our homes or offices from radiator paint, new carpet, defective furnace leaking carbon monoxide, etc. Keep
We should all try writing down what we eat.
What a relief to hear i'm not the only one - been going round in circles for years at docs. Over 10 years ago i drank far too much and always woke up only after a few hours. Now i'm doing the same but without any alcohol for years. I tend to get red hot in the face and body and the pressure builds up in my head, i'm alert and this could be 2am. I don't sleep well and rarely wake up feeling refreshed. I can have bowts of this during the day though where central heating seems to make it worse. I've recently had a food intolerant test and wheat, oats and barley came up with a deficiency in many vitamins. Has anyone got any further with this? (I also got tested for sleep apnea and now have got referred to hospital for infectious diseases????)
I have been having similar symptoms and you may want to get tested for Diabetes.............unfortunatley some of the symptoms can be a result of the imbalance in the sugar...........not saying it is full blown diabetes but can be the start of diabetes that can actually be prevented.
Hallo. I am Hanna 39 years old. I have just taken a genetic test that showed that I was born with celiac disease. I have suffered from all of the above, (not all at the same time) all my life. I also get car,boat,plain,train sick. I have exzema (eczema) and I migrene. I have also not been able to get pregnant. With great help from my husband, an allergy doctor and a nutrisionist, I Have been GLUTEN FREE from almost 5 weeks. It is difficult without help, because GLUTEN is in so many products that are not obvious. My life is great without GLUTEN! All my health problems have dissappeared. The greatest thing is that two days ago, I discovered I was pregnant!!!
hello fellow sufferers.
i suffer with major hangover feelings most the time from the moment i open my eyes, i dont drink but have noticed that its mostly the day after i eat out, also recently i felt like this on holiday everyday for 10 days. no ammount of fluids shift it and im a bit sceptical of going to the doctor with it as i dont think they will understand, in the past all my blood test have been NAD so i  know its not a haematological problem but i had an enderscope a couple of years back where they removed 4x polyips and also there was what looked like a cauliflower type object attached to the side of my bowel. ive been tested for celiac and chrones disease as they are both in my family and that was also NAD.
The feeling i get is a groggy mouth, no ammount of teeth cleaning can help a bad head that no pills can shift i even get the upset tummy very tired feeling like i cant stay awake sick feeling at food and also ive noticed my joins are really bad too mostly my hips (to the point my legs give way underneath me) and my shoulders and a foot and ive been having bad head aches too.
I feel its now time to get it sorted but my doctor is so old fashioned and stuburn i dont even know how to address this or where to start and even a little bit of me thinks she wont belive me especialy seen tho i have hangovers without drinking. :(    :(     :(
Hi, yes i'm the same - after eating out and on holidays (as if it goes against routine?) - I'm trying to run it off and wake up all dreary and head out to get some fresh air. My legs don't feel like carrying me far as i feel so hungover but somehow i manage to do some and i do feel better afterwards, i just wish it wasn't so much of an effort - i keep thinking i could be a top athlete if i didn't feel so exhausted with a stomach the size of a house all the time - running also seems to get the digestion moving and often i can't get back in the house quick enough...
yeah, i get the "heavy leg" feeling at work, ive been feeling like this for two days this time, spent 17 hours in bed but feel worse today, im thinking about going private for an MOT the full owrks to see whats going on.
I am almost 22 years old, and this problem began a couple weeks after my 20th birthday.  Also, I really began noticing something was wrong two weeks after I had used Ritalin (unperscribed) for the first time.  For about 2 months afterwards I used Ritalin for schoolwork and parties but never was addicted to it.  I have abused more serious drugs than Ritalin in my life and have never had serious problems.  Now i have a serious problem, but I'm definitly not a druggy or a bad person.  I have been sober almost two years now, but ever since this Ritalin thing, I always feel like I am high on marijuana, or that I am hung over everyday.  My mind is a static TV screen, and never can think productively, but yet my mind is racing.  I have basically all symptoms of clinical depression and am in a lot of pain and can't enjoy anything, but I am definitly not upset or sad about anything in life, I just feel aweful all day.  I have a really hard time being around friends and family.  I dont think Ritalin can do this to anyone, even if its snorted and abused.

When i think about how I feel, the best way to describe it to someone else is the feeling of being hungover.  I have a hard time believing that something called "depression" has nothing to do with being depressed.  I'm not upset or mad or anything, I just want my functioning skills back!!

I have been seeing physcaritrists, practitioners, neurologists, have gotten catscan and MRI done, and all the bloodwork tests.  All of this hasn't given me anything.  I was actually hoping that I have multiple sclerosis because that would explain a lot of this.  However, the MRI didn't show any legions.  

I've tried fish oil, vitamins, excersie, healthy social behavior, I have done everything to try to feel better and clear my head up.  The only thing i havn't done is try to balance my brain out with anti-depressants or whatever, but because i dont understand why I would need to do this.  

Very interestingly, ever since age 17, I have had very high tolerance to alcohol.  Ever all this **** has been happenning to me, I can barely handly one beer.  I used to be able to take seven shots and seven beers with my friends and still function a party.  NOW if I have two beers I can barely see anything and say two words together that make any sense.  But before i start drinking, i already feel drunk/hungover.  I havently felt sober in almost two years.  This is hell.  

My husband who is 42 now has been suffering small bouts of many of the symptoms I have read above for approximately the past two years.  Recently, however the hung over feeling without drinking has become more and more frequent and more intense.  We too have had all the blood tests and some have show adrenal dysfunction and some have not.  I have considered the pituitary gland and hyperthyroidism.  At one point we even considered a caffeine allergy as he became less and less able to tolerate coffee in the mornings.  He has cold sweats where he feels like his groin area is warmer than the rest of his body, he has a bad taste in his mouth out of nowhere, he has had difficulty sleeping on and off and would at times fight to stay awake when driving, chest palpitations, itchy dry skin and scalp, joint pain with poor circulation.  His heart rate is solid and strong like a runner.  Last week we took new blood tests for food allergies and we are waiting on results.  He was having stomach related issues which lead up to a colonoscopy but still no answers.  

Most recently he feels as if he is loosing control of his bowls or that something is just not right with his control or the feeling of being normal in that area.  We think that symptom is likely triggered by whatever it is that is causing all the other symptoms.  

One other interesting symptom is his intolerance to chewing tobacco. He has chewed tobacco since he was 16 and all of the sudden he is instantly nauseous when he puts any in his mouth, but not always.  What is most peculiar about all of it is how this symptom, like all the others, is not consistent; presents with some symptoms sometimes and other symptoms at other times.  We are really frustrated, and my poor husband is exhausted and just wants to fell well again.  I hope the right person with the exact remedy reads this and helps us.  Please help us.
I felt like this for SO long. It was terrible. I felt hungover all the time. I was exhausted, achy, anxious, was having derealization, confusion, migraines, tingling and numbness in my hands and feet, blurred vision and many other symptoms. It wasn't until I started getting painful and uncomfortable GI symptoms, including diarrhea, nausea, more exhaustion, that I was finally tested for CELIAC DISEASE. The tests were all positive and within days of going gluten-free I felt better than I had in 10 years!

If anyone is having the symptoms described above get to your dr and get a Celiac Panel done. Don't just go gluten-free, get tested first. You have to be eating gluten to get the tests done. If you have such a strong reaction to going gluten-free you may not ever want to ingest gluten again in order to get tested. I have to comment on one post I saw about being due to anxiety and/or depression. My anxiety and depression was caused by Celiac and has gone away after taken gluten out of my diet. If you truly believe something is wrong internally don't let anyone tell you it's just anxiety or depression. I had doctors tell me that from time to time when they couldn't figure it out. They were wrong. Hoping you all find your answers!

PS-You may also have other food intolerances and/or allergies that could be making your body go haywire. A friend of mine just went through allergy testing and found out she's allergic to so many foods and that's the cause of many of her health issues.
CELIAC DISEASE

For a year and half I was fatigued, brainfogged, crazy, physcotic, high low mood swings, extreme disorientation.  I dropped out of school and didnt' talk to anybody for a year and half.  I also had blood in stool for a year.

After four days of being gluten free, EVERYTHING is cured.  

WHY DON'T DOCTORS SUGGEST GLUTEN FREE DIETS?
Instead they told me I had depression and needed to go on Lexapro, Xanax, Bupoprin, or whatever ******** drug.  
Healthcare system doesn't really care, and if you are ever sick in same ways I was, still try to be a strong individual and don't accept depression as your diagnosis unless there is actually something bothering you.

Most importantly, I know from experience that GLUTEN can damage your intestines so badly that your body doesnt absorb nutrients.  This caused serious Mental disability for me, but on the contrary I didnt suffer from any pain with my body, just brain.  
It all went away once I stopped eating GLUTEN.  I had no painful digestive problems to be concerned about at all.
I am released from hell, and especially happy that I proved to everyone that I wasn't depressed about anything.    
Sounds like Lyme-disease to me, would explain the joint pain, blurred vision and the neurological pain sensations in his extremities. It can be detected by a a simple Blood Test. Just ask his GP.
Another option, which is as inconvenient as the first one, would be a psychiatric problem. Panic and fear can trigger stomach problems and might induce pain of various arts. For me, this second option is pretty unlikely to be persistent.
All the best
Jonny, Germany
I feel like I always wake up with a hangover!  But I never drink alcohol.. if I do, I either throw it up, or feel really nauseous!  It's awful.  I was diagnosed with anemia due to low b12, and gastritis.. but the problem seems to be getting worse.  Restaurant food ALWAYS makes me throw up, after 2 bites!

Anyone else have similar problems?
Does anyone here have a sensitivity to members of the Allium genus (onions, garlic, leek, shallots, ginger, chives etc.)? I have always had sensitivity to members of the Allium genus, therefore I have avoided them; what I did not realise, is that my sensitivity is not exclusive to these vegetables and herbs. About 2 weeks ago, I ventured to this site looking for some answers as to why I was feeling chronically hung-over for the past 3 months. After reading many testimonials, I decided to begin dissecting my diet through a process of elimination. I have a very strict diet, so this was quite easy to do...Nothing! I eliminated virtually everything that I consume, and I still felt dreadfully hung-over. I have been enjoying the lovely weather in London, and sunning whenever the sun is out. I was feeling particularly abysmal at this time, to the point where I was vomiting due to the cluster headaches I was experiencing. I began to correlate this to the amount of fluid I had been consuming. (Remember, I had  ruled out everything else in my diet). Under normal circumstances, when I sun bathe, I consume a lot of water, to avoid dehydration...subsequently now that I am not feeling well, I decided to drink VAST amounts of water, to try and deter the evening & morning headaches, lethargy, stiff neck etc.. I was experiencing. I thought perhaps I was experiencing hyper-hydration, essentially water intoxication. Well, I decided to investigate. There was definitely perfect positive correlation: The more water I consumed, the more ill I felt...but there was a problem; I was not consuming enough water to warrant hyper-hydration. Well, there is a bit of information that I have been leaving out. I NEVER just drink pure water. I always add squash (fruit concentrate) to my water. I also utilise squash with artificial sweeteners. I thought perhaps I may be sensitive to the sweetener. So I went over to the squash to analyse the nutritional information and record the chemical compound number or name to investigate, and lo and behold I see a warning, 'This product contains Sulphur Dioxide'. It took me a second or two, to realise that it is the astronomical levels of sulphur found in the Allium genus,(onions, garlic, leek, shallots, ginger, chives etc.) that I am sensitive to!!!!! The squash, and many other foods contain ridiculous amounts of sulphur dioxide to preserve the food or drink substance. Sulphur is found in most, if not all foods naturally, but in low quantities, it does not affect one who is sensitive. The worst offenders are onion and garlic which is probably not much of a surprise to you now. Raw onion contains about 1 ppm and raw garlic a whopping 4 ppm. Thankfully, most other foods are under 1 ppm of effective sulfur oxide. Sensitive people have many different reactions to sulfites and sulfur dioxide including typical allergic symptoms like hives, rosacea, facial swelling, throat constriction, leg cramps, digestive upsets, headache, fatigue, and allergic shock. I realised at that moment, the reason there was such a familiarity with the way I was feeling... HUNG-OVER. Wine also has very high levels of sulphites...which have just compounded my historical hangovers. I gave up alcohol about 6 months ago. Anyway, I discontinued using the squash a week ago, and I have felt entirely restored...not a hang-over symptom in sight. I hope this is of any assistances to anyone. If you know you are sensitive to garlic or onions (symptoms are a thick headache, light sensitivity, some dizziness and nausea, appetite becomes suppressed, stiff neck, lethargy etc) please do some research on sulphur sensitivity, and which foods to avoid.
Kind regards to all,
Justin
YOU ALL ARE SENSITIVE TO GLUTEN.  YOU ALL HAVE CELIAC DISEASE.  Every sickness is a manisfestation of gluten creating autoimmune responses and creating malabsortion of all nutrients you eat.

Gluten free diet will take 2 weeks to 3 months to cure you.
Believe the truth, or keep paying doctors who probably wont tell you this.  
It's terrible that people are brainwashed by doctors special tests and fancy medicines and may never try a gluten free diet.  Sick people will never really live as they should, before dying, if they decide a gluten free diet isn't worth it.    
Hi all,

I am a 37yo male.

I have been dealing with most of what you all describe here since September 2007.  It all started with one of the nastiest flu's (thats what it seemed like anyway) that I've ever had.  During that two weeks I lost 12 pounds, experienced severe abdominal pain in the upper area below my ribs, dizzyness, weakness, and passed in my stool bright red blood, lots of it.  I also had this burning sensation across my stomach, from hip to hip, below my belly button.  My stomach ballooned to something like a woman 5 months pregnant.

It took about two months to start to feel normal again, but my stomach has never been right since.  For a long time I believed it was solely a problem in my stomach or intestines, so I began to seen a GI to get some answers.  I have had, over the 3 years, 2 CT scans, 2 endoscopy/colonoscopy, barium xray, blood work of all kinds, test for Celiac, (twice), parasites, all STDs, diverticulitis, and many other things that I don't even know quite what they were for.  All came back saying I was going to live to be a million.  All the while though my illness continued to progress, as it still is doing today.  I have good days and bad days, but always it gets a little worse.  My best today today was like my worst day 6 months ago.  If there's a common suggestion for what it could be, I've been tested for it.

I am now of the opinion that the stomach issue is not the cause but a symptom.  I believe what we are all suffering from is an immune system deficiency, caused by a novel agent.  It would explain the myriad but similar symptoms we all are experiencing.  Recently I had an experience that has given some support, in my opinion, to this theory.

Over the last 6 months I actually started to feel better, for the first time since this all began.  My constipation had gone away and I was going pretty regularly.  My abdominal pains had become less frequent.  I enjoyed a winter of weekend snowboard trips, and was beginning to think perhaps I was gonna beat this.  I was getting better at about the same slow rate I got sick over the years.  I had been following an all organic and natural diet.  No fast food, no caffeine, no refine sugars, lots of water, definitely no soda, and I avoided reined flour as much as possible.  Then last month, A flu went around work.  Everyone got better in about 3-5 days, but I caught it and haven't been the same since.  It seems like all of my symptoms have come back with a vengeance, with some new ones that are particularly worrisome.

Basically what I am experiencing is this:

I feel nauseated all the time.  If I don't eat this will ease up.  I can then eat and everything seems fine until about and hour or two after, at which point the nausea will start, followed by pins and needles in my hands, arms, lower legs and feet.  I am cold all the time.  My stomach burns as I said above, from hip to hip, from my public area to my belly button.  The burning is in my skin it seems rather than in my stomach or intestines.  If I pinch and roll my tummy skin I can feel the soreness.  The severity of this varies but is almost constantly present.  It is worse when I am sitting.  I have been getting little painful sores on my scalp that feel and look a little like pimples, but they wont really pop and come and go in the same spots.  In this recent episode I have been getting a strange rash on my upper lip and chin.  Just kind of like a red patch, and it is itchy.  For days now it just wont go away.  I feel exhausted all the time.  Walking up a small flight of stairs makes my muscles burn.  In fact, even something as simple as brushing my teeth does as well.  I am losing weight to the point that coworkers are beginning to ask me whats wrong.  The food I eat does not seem to give me any energy at all, and even water makes me sick. I feel like I am wasting away.  I have had varying degrees of white thrush on my tongue, and little red spots on my tongue as well.  Constant drainage in the back of my throat leaving me wanting to clear my throat a lot.

And maybe the most confusing part: It gets worse at night.  I can't sleep.  As soon as I lay down my body starts to feel all crazy.  Kind of tingly and just wrong for a lack of a better explanation.  I have muscle pain down my buttocks to my leg, in my forearms and shoulders, a lot like those kind of pains we all had as kids our parents called "growing pains".  If I sleep propped up into more of a sitting position, like when sitting in a recliner, it seems to help but not much.  I can usually fall asleep by early morning.  I hadn't really ever though about describing how I feel when waking up as having a hangover, but I supposed that's a pretty good description.  Sometimes I feel like I can't even walk to the bathroom I feel so weak in the morning.

To put it simply:  I feel like I keep getting sick.  Constantly.  Every little cold or flu, and everything in between.  I feel like its always getting a little worse, getting a tighter grip on me each time.  Its very hard to have hope in this state.

Recently my research has led me to consider XMRV as a possible culprit.  Its a retrovirus; a mouse leukemia virus that acts similarly to AIDS in humans.  Before anyone panics please do some research, I am clearly not a doctor and my speculation, while based on my own extensive research, is just that:  speculation!  But I happen to think it could be right on point.  Recent research suggests this virus is responsible for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole but there are recent news reports of a novel aids like illness in China:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/37509/

I have no idea how reliable a source that publication is, but I find it extremely interesting.  I can find only this one article on it, but what details the report gives seem to be similar to what many of us report here.  Decide for yourself!

I have tried to present as detailed an account of my plight as possible here in the hope that I can gather enough evidence to get my doctors to take me more seriously.  Our doctors need to stop giving us the basic tests or blanket "throw-your-hands-in-the-air" diagnoses like IBS, when the scope of our illness is far beyond what something like IBS presents as.

If my account is similar to yours, please chime in.  As I continue to search I will post my findings here.  In the meantime, don't give up, stay as positive as you can, and fight for answers!

- Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired

WOW! this blog pretty much saved my life. Maybe rather my sanity. I was feeling terrible and had been looking online for any clues to what was wrong. I typed into google "feeling hungover all the time without drinking". I didn't think anything would come of it but I read through everyones' posts and got excited because everyone had been feeling exactly the same as me.
I started not feeling well when I got some kind of virus that lasted about a month (longer than normal) after I got an antibiotic I started to feel a bit better but then things came back and started to feel different. Here were my symptoms...
Feeling hungover, or terrible headaches
Not sleeping well
Stomach problems (taking prilosec)
Tired all the time
Angry and mood changes
Weight loss (lost 15lb in a couple months)
Back pain
loss of blood flow in legs and sometimes arms
eyes felt tired and funny (hard to describe)
had on and off diarrhea, constipation and then normal.
dizziness, nausea
night chills
gin is my best friend and I couldn't drink it!!! :(
After I read this I finally went to see a gasterologist and had to go get an ultrasound and then a blood test which was supposed to be the best to test for celiac. I got the tests back a few days laster and the ultrasound was fine but my blood count for the celiac disease was really high. When I went to the doctor I told him my symptoms and he didn't really mention gluten allergy until I asked about it and then all the sudden he said I should most def. get a test for it. He said that either it was different issues going on or it was one problem like the gluten that was causing me to feel bad.
The weird thing is that today I feel pretty good even though I have been eating wheat/ bread for a while. I had tried a gluten free diet for about a week and didn't feel any better. So if you want my advice, as much as it ***** to go to the doctor to get a test, it is much better than just trying it on your own.
I spent 4 months feeling terrible, up and down in how I felt. It was torture and started to get into fights with friends and family because I was beyond frustrated with feeling bad ALL the time. Now I have to make an appointment for an endoscope where they will see if I do have celiac disease for sure. I hope that soon I will start to feel more normal.
I hope this helps anyone.
Hi Candace,

Please post your results!

thx!
Your symptoms seem to be much worse than mine. I don't mean to make you feel badly, but I know that celiac disease is so hard to diagnose because the symptoms are all common things that are associated with so many other problems. Since youve been tested twice idk how much it would be celiac anymore. BUT a lot of what you described, especially trying to sleep at night and having to prop yourself up I can relate to. These symptoms being more specific. And the growing pain thing was the best thing I could think of to describe how my limbs left sometimes and that always happened at night. The fact that you started with a virus as well is interesting. I was thinking that a virus (I was so sick, never had been so sick in my life and I have had some not so fun things before) triggered the celiac. Maybe the virus triggered something in you because since the virus I felt like I just never got back to normal. My advice would be to try different doctors and have them send the medical records over for you and just write down all the possible things you have researched and ask the doctor if it could be a possibility. Get tested for any parasites and try to get a blood test when you feel the worst and see if the results could be different. Sometimes I know blood tests are not nearly 100% and you should make sure you got the right test done for celiac because there is a specific one that is the best.
It is beyond frustrating to go through test after test and doctor after doctor and not know. I had done 3 blood tests and was ready to do a sinus x-ray and CT scan with one doctor. I decided to go see someone else. I am glad that I asked about celiac. Another doctor told me the likeliness of celiac was so low that I shouldn't worry about it. Then I go see someone else and get a test result back saying I was positive for it.
See my post a few up to get caught up if you haven't read it yet.

Well it seems I have something rather alarming and have  taken a turn for the worse this last week.  I have a burning red rash over most of my body and am getting little zit-like blisters on my chest and face.  On top of this my body pain is intense and my face and arm are sort of paralyzed feeling.  I went to the ER twice this week with this rash and terrible body feelings numbness/paralysis and they found nothing in my blood but it keeps coming back worse.  Anyone experiencing anything like this?  Red patches of skin, particularly on your upper lip ( not on the lip but where a mustache would be), itchy, with feelings of pressure behind the eyes and just a sick all over feeling?
This site ***** .. If they wanted to help us they wouldn't have deleted my last three posts directing you all to the site Hippocrates777 is telling you about.  Like he said, Google "Chronic Sore Throat / Mood Virus" to find it.  I'll keep posting this each time they delete it.  Bastards.
I am 51 yo female.
I have had all the above feelings/sensations/occurances for about the last year.
Is anyone rhesus negative?
I am so I wondered if there was a connection?
I have loads of blood tests and all come back negative for whatever they are testing for. Doctor just sits and frowns at me when I go!
Had a couple of weeks recently where I felt "normal" and put in down to going to a gym for 2-3 times a week but then they all started up again so stopped going as could not cope with the pain.
I am not over weight or under weight.
Night sweats and burning flushes I put down to menopause but see that some of these posts are from men so can't be the whole reason for everything.
Going to try gluten free diet as my sister has done a year or so ago - she was suffering bloated stomach but never mention anything else so going to find out more about this.
We must find an answer to this - I was amazed when I googled "hangover with no drinking" and to find all the other feelings too, well I was relieved in a way to discover I am not alone!
Im an 18 year old girl and have suffered with stomach promblems for years. Ive spent months trying to get to the bottom of why i constantly felt ill. I have had numerous tests done and they have all come back negative so the doctors diagonised it as IBS but as they kept telling me i needed to eat more fibre i was still feeling really ill and my symptoms were getting much worse. I then deciced to cut out wheat from my diet and noticed a massive improvement but as i felt i was starting to feel better my symptoms have slowly started to come back. I have promblems sleeping and when i do get enough sleep i still feel shattered in the day. I get regurlar headaches and my stomach is constantly in pain and has now started to plau up agein even though im still not eating wheat. Im woundering whether it could be Cealic disease i just feel really down about it. As an 18 year old i should be going out having fun but i can't drink alcohol or else i get a flair up and its got to the point now that im constantly staying in and not going out incase i feel ill. I just want to feel normal again and am sick of going to the doctors where im sure they think im just making it up. Can anybody suggest anything i would be really gratefull thanks
All this sounds far too familiar.. whats wrong with us!? Im a 28 y.o physically active male who has been suffering miscellaneous symptoms for years now that have intensified over the past few months or so. waking up feeling hungover, feeling spaced out and dreary, headaches, seriously sore joints and muscles after exercise, stomach irregularities, disrupted sleep and basically not wanting to talk or interact with the rest of the world. I have never eaten junk food in my life however i do drink in moderation.  I am fed up with it considering i eat 'healthy' foods and exercise almost daily, so have purchased all these multivitamins and fishoils thinking that maybe im missing something in my diet. After reading all this, maybe i need to cut out a few things such as the wheat and see how that feels instead.. i do eat a lot of wheat products. So i will change the diet and see how it feels for a while.. thanks for the tips.
Anxiety is not a cause. Anxiety is a symptom.
Stress is the cause. Get checked out for Fibromyalgia.
A thousand threadjackers.
Hi Raverr, I have the same symptoms as you by the sounds of it. I also can't drink a drop anymore and its been over 5 years since I even tasted alcohol.
I have been to the doctors so many times and had loads of tests, the only thing that came back was high biliruben in my blood results but only just outside the acceptable limits. This means I have Gilberts Syndrome...which is asymptomatic, or so they tell me. I have explained all the symptoms I suffer but they just say its stress, or eat more fibre and sleep more. Basically there is no treatment for it and there is nothing as yet that they can give me that will make me feel better.
I can go for weeks feeling fine if I watch what I eat...like eating in and taking care that what I eat contains no alcohol. Then I think I am ok so I go out for a meal and drink water but feel rough the next day, like as if I had been drinking vodka all night!
I wish there was something I could suggest, with me I have had to cut out all spicy foods and anything that might have alcohol in it...most foods with those fancy sauces contain it. I know they say it reduces down but if we can't process it then it might only take a minute amount to cause us discomfort.
It can get you down and it is very frustrating somethimes. What annoys me is when I feel rough I seem to be hungry a lot more thatn usual, but I feel sick so I don't want to eat, then if I don't eat it feels worse. If I do eat I still feel sick and then not long after I feel hungry again...like what the hell is going on!!!
This is crazy how many people are on here complaining of the same symptoms.
I would suggest going to the doctor though and ASKING them to do a Celiac test.  I have not had one, but I just went to the ask website and put in 'feeling hungover without drinking' and this is where I ended up.  I never drink, but I have constant headaches, a bad taste in my mouth, my stomach gurgles and churns constantly, I am fatigued, have a sore throat (although that could be due to my underactive thyroid), my legs get heavy and sore, etc.  Pretty much what everyone else says.  I am 44 and have NEVER had these problems.  I could always eat whatever I wanted and I drink--(not that I really do, I had my first beer in about 4 years just a couple of days ago)
I was thinking that it might be gastrointestinal, like acid reflux, but there are so many things this could be.  Celiac, MS, candida, lyme disease....etc.  This only goes to show that when you go to your doctor and you tell them your symptoms, if they shrug it off, GO TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!   We do not have to feel this way--there is a doctor out there that will help you--try to find a homeopathic doctor--they look at more unconventional things like acupuncture, changes in diet, adding supplements instead of drugs, and they are much better at listening!
Good luck everyone--once I get updated on what mine is, I will update.
Is it possible he's just lying to you and he's hitting the bottle again?
La primera vez que fui al médico y le dije que por las mañanas tenía sensación de resaca sin haber bebido alcohol me miro como si estuviera para el psiquiatra... pero no me hizo el menor caso. Tampoco me mando al psiquiatra.  
En mi caso, no es constante, los episodios son como 'crisis', puedo estar temporadas 'casi normal' y de repente se presenta otra vez. A lo bestia.

Hoy es uno de los días malos. Me he levantado con una resaca de campeonato y ayer lo único que tome para cenar fue un bol de cereales de dieta con leche desnatada con calcio, una alegría, vaya ...
Llevo un día de pena, con los sintomas típicos de una cogorza de las grandes. Con todos los sintomas: Dolor de cabeza, malestar estomacal, mareo, visión 'cansada', sensación de quemazón en los ojos, acidez, cansancio, debilidad. De libro.
Mi conclusión es que los culpables pueden ser:
a. Los carbohidratos simples (ayer comi muchisimos carbohidratos a lo largo del día), bien porque haya desarrollado cierta 'intolerancia' a ellos (hice Atkins durante algún tiempo y además de bajar de peso no tenía estos sintomas) o porque fomentan una sobrepoblación de Candidas -que los médicos pasan de diagnosticar- y que son las que causan todos estos sintomas.
b. La intolerancia a la lactosa es otro de los candidatos o mejor dicho, creo que son varios los complices del delito: carbohidratos + lactosa + sedentarismo
c. Otro punto es que llevo un par de días tomando edulcorante del tipo polialcoholes (chocolate sin azucar). ¿Podría ser el edulcorante?
d. La eterna culpable: Sindrome (syndrome) premenstrual.

Desde que deje Atkins y deje de fumar he recuperado el peso perdido y todos los sintomas anteriores, además de la resaca, están regresando: estomago distendido, ansiedad, hambre, comer compulsivamente, no llegar a sensación de saciedad o no poder parar de comer, gases, somnolencia, etc..  
¿Qué por qué no he vuelto a Atkins? porque en mi caso, una vez que he retomado comer carbohidratos me resulta muy díficil volver a prescindir de ellos. Como una adicción. Lo consigo un par de días y de repente lo mando todo al carajo... y me doy un atracón de carbos: últimamente me da por las patatas fritas con salsa barbacoa, los Nachos o galletas rellenas de chocolate (curiosamente, alimentos que no han sido especialmente de mis preferidos pero a los que ahora  no me puedo resistir... como si algo superior a mi me lo ordenara ¿las candidas vía química pura? )

En algún sitio he leido que a veces, las intolerancias alimentarias se manifiestan como una fuerte dependencia o adicción hacia el alimento que nos provoca la intolerancia.
Recomiendo que busquen información sobre la Candidiasis (Dra Cala Cervera) porque muchos de los sintomas los clava.

Por mi parte, creo que voy a intentar por enesima vez eliminar los carbohidratos simples ya mismo y la leche. Por lo menos para empezar.
Cuando me siento tan mal como hoy me parece facil prescindir de ellos, espero esta vez no flaquear.  

¿Alguién más coincide conmigo en algo?
- Carbohidratos simples
- Leche
- Polialcoholes
- Sedentarismo
- Síndrome pre-menstrual (evidentemente, no los varones, que veo que aqui hay un montón también)

Lo que me sigue sorprendiendo es que somos muchos con estos sintomas y ningun médico lo toma en serio, ni hace la conexión, ni se da un diagnóstico....
Se que no es un consuelo, pero al menos, hoy no me siento de psiquiatra.
Espero que sígáis escribiendo si alguién llega a alguna conclusión.

I have hangover feeling for almost 5 years, Dont sleep well, tirred all the time, my mood will be keep chanding, see cloudy always, feel like sleeping always but wont get sleep properly and always be in durty dreams which i will not remember when i wake up, badly body ache Especially back showing me hell.

Really i am in hell and feel like dieing. i really dont want this life.. if i remember my old days.
People have shown similar symptoms for glutenn sensitivities which usually go undiagnosed.  Maybe try eating gluten free for a period and see what happens.
Sounds like the symptoms of gluten sensitivity.  Get tested or try a gluten free diet and see how you feel
I have been feeling hung over without any alcohol. Although i did abuse alcohol regularly for a number of years. I have lost my balance my coordination my bones and muscles ache all day long, I cannot think or remember anything I get confused very easily I cannot think of names, I am very short of breath, my eyeballs feel frozen like I cannot move them without great effort, headaches all day, feeling shaky inside, an incredible terrifying feeling of fear that never goes away, crazy detachment from reality mixed in with panic attacks, overwhelming scary feelings that I am going crazy, stiff neck and upper back, inability to manuever around like I once did, moving creates discomfort in my mind and body. I try to fight it but it is overpowering me,. I can barely exercise anymore. It used to respond to exercise now it doesnt. If I do not get a full nights rest the symptoms are soooooooo much amplified. I am thrist all the time no matter how much water I drink . I have beeen this way for three years. Somebody please help.
I have had most of these symptoms as well, mine staring with a really bad flu when i was was 27 and the only illness ive ever had before was bronchitis when i was 16, the flu lasted over a month, thinking i was getting pneumonia because i was having shortness of breath so i went to the hospital and i checked out ok but soon after the flu ended other symptoms started, shortness of breath continued and the wake up hangover bit started. i couldn't get up to care for my children in the morning then started the nausea, bloating, joint pain, puffy eyes/face, sudden wight loss and gain, dizziness confusion,forgetfulness, burning itchy rash like soars on the cheeks, soar throat/raspy voice, sharp pains in the stomach area.Half the time  was living of of water due to the fact everything made me sick.Doctors and tests gave no solid answers, so i started to take things into my own hands, slowly taking things in and out of my diet.It is now 6 years later, and i know that there is still something wrong with me. but for 3 1/2 years now i have been sticking with a gluten free diet, low to no dairy, and especially low sodium,minimal to none fast foods and processed foods.Ive added a little vegan protein powder shake to my diet and eat more meat, snack more,and now drink a glass of wine occasionally which was never in my diet before. i feel like i'm living off of nothing sometimes, and annoyed by the fact i have to make a separate meal for myself while my whole family gets to enjoy anything  whipped up.BUT its so worth it to not have to wake up feeling like your gonna die, feel like your gonna throw up all day, barley walk cause your joints hurt. i definitely dont miss having people look at me like like im a druggie or alcoholic, due to the fact i started looking how i felt.
I am gonna continue with tests, many of these symptoms are so similar to many diseases.Someone, one day with figure this old or new thing out and we may be possibly cured!
Have all these same symptoms, been on a gluten free diet with some relief, but all in all these symptoms are similar to Lupus, Addison's, Celiac, Scleroderma, Sjogrens, RA, and plenty of other autoimmune illnesses, or it could be Mono side effects on the immune system (AKA Epstein Barr).  Acidophalous is good for the gut, antibiotics and medications make everything worse, and best cure is eat right, exercise, reduce stress and drink plenty of water!
Ive been like this for 10 years and I was told I had M.E./CFS.  Got some books on the subject and it def sounds like me.  Eating right and avoiding stress helps, but any exercise just makes me worse.  I can avoid the hangovers if I just stay in bed all day and dont move!!  I can't believe there's so many people complaining about the same thing and yet nothing can be done to help.  It's crazy.  Gonna try the gluten free thing tho for sure - thanks guys.
I feel really horrible 95% of the time, I get daily headaches and a horrible feeling of being hung over almost every morning, I often wake up through the night feeling hung over and sometimes I can get dizzy when I get up to go to the loo , when I woke up this morning I was so confused and lay in bed for hours in state of half wakefulness I really thought I was gonna die! when I found enough strength to move my body I rang my gf to say good bye but after a few hours I came around. this is so freaky, my doctor doesn't have a clue, all the usual blood tests come up perfect, anyway im gonna try the gluten free and see how it goes from there and post back.
I suffer from just about all these symptoms and (I must confess) I am relieved that I am not alone. I am thinking that what we have is an aggravated YEAST infection. After spending yet another day in bed “Hungover” I am going to start a Diet designed to rid myself of YEAST. Can’t hurt to try. The Doctors have tested and tested, they think I am a bit of a hypochondriac, Depressed possibly (because I have been sick for so long) but certainly not a hypochondriac. Well wish me luck and perhaps you guys should give it a go.
At 16 years old I was diagnosed with "Gilbert's Syndrome"  - it means i have an under productive liver function (which would affect your tolerance to alcohol) and importantly it can trigger Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ALONG WITH Insomnia, When i am not overly tired i usually cannot sleep at all, either way i always have one or the other. Basically i haven't had a decent nights sleep in a long time (i'm 27 now)

I also experience cloudy thought, blurry vision, mildly aching joints and occasionally pins and needles.

So i am told - Gilbert's isn't commonly diagnosed and can be confused with an under-active thyroid as well as diabetes. It actually took several doctors to diagnose me with it (after years of complaining)

Apparently as many as 1 in 20 people could have it so if you have the same symptoms as me its something else to ask your Doctor about.

You can read more about it on Wiki.

Cheers,
W
After many years of feeling horrible with almost daily headaches and hangover feeling without drinking I had many tests for food intolerences, the only thing I was alergic (allergic) to for sure was nuts, I had a celiac test last week and it showed up as negative, I ended up going to see a traumatologist/chiropractor who told me right away that the hangover feeling and headaches were caused by a disk disk hernia in my neck. he manipulated my neck and lo and behold I feel 75% better already. headaches are almost gone and no hangovers as yet, he subscribed me 5mg of diazepam to take before bedtime. I haven't felt so good in 15 years plus. all the time I was thinking I was allergic to some other foods but having spoke to the traumatologist he told me 90% of illnesses are caused by spinal problems. everthing is connected to your spine, I didn't believe him at first but certainly do now.
I have been gluten free for 5 yrs I still feel sick some days & i'm super careful, so I don't know if it's Gluten or something else, Doctors are not as smart in real life as they are on TV, I know if I have been sick for 36 yrs then I could have other issues. So why do I feel like Crap some days, I don't know, I truly think I'm dying some days. eventually as the day goes on I'm ok. i guess i could be allergic to more then Gluten?
Just signed up to add my comment as I hope I can help someone here with this.
When I was a kid, I had an allergie to penicillin. The symptoms of this were acute nausea, headache and stomach cramps. My doctor used to prescribe penicillin for the flu and also give me tablets to stop the sickness.
These days I get other antibiotics that dont make me sick.
Anyway.
Lately, I have been having similar symptoms to you guys and have been trawling the net for answers. I saw the posts here but didnt find an answer but I think... only think.,.. I have found out what my problem is and hopefully someone out there will find it useful.

Quorn.

This muck is made of a mould (like penicillin)

Last Thursday (its Sunday now), I ate a spagetti bolognaise made with Quorn and have spend Friday and Saturday with a massive hangover. I still feel a bit rough now, but feel better knowing that I might have got to the bottom of this.

www.hubpages.com/hub/Food-Allergies-Quorn

So much of the symptoms I read at the link above were so similar to mine.

Hoping this helps.

Dave. uk
I have been experiencing moderate to severe migrains,extreme fatigue(especially the more active I am at work etc., irritability, aches,pains,always wanting to sleep as well as on and off nauseousness. I feel as though I am Hungover and I havent drank in years,nor do I have any urges or desires. I am physically fit, 34 years old, and borderline iron deficient anemic,  and as of most recently(from blood testschecking for low sodium,Bunn,creatine,etc been told that my potassium has been quite elevated-which my doctor was puzzled as to there being no reason for the elevated potassium levels. I am having difficulty in my work performanece when and on the days that this is an issue as for some days seem to be better or worse than other days. please respond to this post should you have any suggestions. Best of luck to ALL of Us suffering and here is to hoping to find out a reason for why I am feeling so exhasuted and hungover feeling.
for a week now i got this feeling like having hangover without taking any alcohol.

for me, maybe this this are the cause of my problem:

1. i got  lack of sleep (sleeping like 5 hrs a day)
2. lack of activities or exercise. (i stop doing exercise)
3. too much in front of  computer, specially with the CRT monitor. (my LCD get damage that's why i bought  this cheaper, old model CRT monitor that i think makes my eyes much blurring..

guys read about computer hangover, or computeritis.

This is a great thread even if it did not give a solution.
I have hep C and chronic B and most if not all the symptoms that listed in the thread.  (the genotype of the hep C I have does not respond well to treatment)  

But for the past 4 months I have been waking feeling as though (and looking like) I have a hangover or the feeling like I was crying all night.  I was not drinking nor was I crying.  I have not a clue what is causing this as it is not indicative to the symptoms of hepatitis.  The lousy thing is, with all the pain, the brain fogs, the dry eye, the insomnia, the depression, the numbness and list goes on, this feeling that I have a hangover I did not need.

Hepatitis is an auto immune disease and the symptoms are pretty much the same as all other auto immune diseases so a person needs to go through the gambit of tests.  If there were a disease that runs in a person’s family logically that would be the first tests.  I was tested for MS as it runs in both sides of the family, and some doctors are of the mindset that it is passed down.  A friend of mine has lyme disease, her entire family 3 generations all have it, what a terrible thing. My lovely ex passed on to me his hepatitis.  Unfortunately there are lousy people out there with hep C who will tell a person that they are a carrier.

This was the better thread regarding the topic ‘waking with a hangover without drinking’.  I was sure wishing there were a definitive answer somewhere online alas to no avail.

Good luck to all
sounds like IBS (stomach issues) & firbromyalgia fatigue & (pins & needles) feeling.  The hungover feeling could be sleep apnea.  I suffer from all 3 of these & feel the same way all the time.  Their is no cure for any of them, well except sleep apnea surgery can be done or a cpap machine...medications are given for IBS & fibromyalgia to relieve symptoms.  Good luck.  
I am also a sufferer, not a doctor but thankfully I have a good consultant. Many of you are describing migraine type symptoms. No-one on a forum can diagnose you as Im sure you are aware but it maybe helpful as a starting point. Migraines are also very common and considered to be one of the most disabling conditions! Many people can be helped. You dont have to have a headache to have a migraine. It is complex and can cause many symptoms including leg and stomach pain, sickness, dizziness, hangover etc. You may feel full or bloated and sick when/after you eat and drink, if you have stomach symptoms? This is because the nerves going to the stomach can become over active and cause the stomach to slow down. There is a drug that can help. If you have stomach problems you may also be low in iron. Sleep, or rather lack of it is a major part of the problem too and if this is improved then other symptoms may reduce too.Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is thought to be a major contributor and can be treated, thus improving sleep. Do you have aching legs on waking up, do you dream alot (signs of RLS)?  Neck and shoulder pain like a coat hanger shape is common as is getting travel sick and a family history of migraines. It can also cause autonomic nerve symptoms.

My consultant recommended a detox procedure to remove ALL sources of caffeine including coffee, tea and chocolate and some fizzy drinks like sports drinks. This will help to remove some of the triggers. Analgesia may contribute to a cycle of pain (rebound symptoms). I am not allowed to take any analgesia! I started detoxing last year from heavy meds and had to do some of them in hospital but am still coming off the remaining one. I am not symptom free but I am working hard at it. It maybe worth having a chat with your doctor and trying to find a good neurologist who specialises in migraines if this rings any bells with you. Oh and its important to drink 3lts of water a day!

Wishing you good health!!
I am so relieved to see I am not the only one, although I feel for you all cos it is  a rubbish feeling, I am led in bed as we speak with the hangover feeling, legs are aching sooo much and I feel lightheaded/dizzy, to the point when I close my eyes at night the room is spinning like when ur extremely drunk, when I wake up my hands are always clenched tight and the soles of my feet hurt, I have been diagnosed with Fybromyalgia prescribed prozac and paracetamol, and prescribed spasmonol for IBS, I have been feeling like this for at least 3 years and starting to think of myself as a hypochondriac because there is no definite answer given although my symptoms are defintely real, my family life is suffering, my hubby and kids are getting fedup with me, I ma always irritable and snappy, but its only cos of the way I feel, I wish this would all go, gonna give the gluten free diet a try, see if it helps, thanks for listening ;) xx
Hello everybody,
I felt the same thing for about 3 weeks. I used to eat lots of bread during breakfast. I stopped that and also tried drinking honey with water. Surprisingly the hangover and other bodily discomfort have gone. Please try it. It might work with you too.
With best wishes.
I am so glad i read these posts. all of these posts were so helpful and now i know im not the only one. my fiance calls me a hypochondriac and my doctor calls me depressed because all my lab tests are normal. I know i'm not depressed, i get stressed out sometimes but i know thats a part of life. i have been feeling hungover (without alcohol) every morning, being forgetful, generalized weakness, fatigue, no motivation, not sleeping well, mood swings, stomach aches, headaches,  i feel like a totally different person and i hate it, i want my old happy self again. i take vitamins every day and i have a good diet. im way too young (24) to feel like crap every morning! thanks alot everyone! i will call my PCP and talk to him about celiac disease or possible allergys (allergies) or intolerances.
all these symptoms sound classic of your liver telling you something...maybe there is a food or perhaps water source that is not treating your liver so well. if it is still a mystery i would get the water from your tap tested. perhaps find a pure water source (sounds tuff) for six weeks. good luck
also, make sure are buying organically and washing all food before ingesting it. you might try looking into different algae's for pure forms of vitamins and minerals.
I also suffer from all these things! Wow, I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone. My hung-over feeling is greatly reduced when I get up really early. When I go to bed at 10:30PM and get up at 5ish all my symptoms mostly dissapear. But, unfortunately the body gets used to waking up that early and then I have to get up even earlier to maintain the same effect (going to bed earlier makes symptoms reappear). It seems that there is something going on when I sleep that it makes it bad for my body to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours. I heard an idea from someone that the kidneys filter less during sleep and that if there is a toxicity problem going on somewhere inside me those toxins would tend to buildup in the system overnight. That would cause the sick feeling in the morning. This would fit in with the Candida profile, but probably many other things as well.
I just wanted to comment on doctors and drugs because some in this thread will likely be prone to go onto the latest new drug in a desperate act to get rid of their symptoms. I'm 36 and have been on various medications my whole life for different things. I recently found out that two of those medications (Paxil and Accutane) have been found to be life-altering on their damaging effects on the body. They didn't say this or know this at the time, in fact they both were really popular for a long time. They were "FDA Approved" and my doctors reccomended them. My parents thought "How bad could they be?" Now... in hindsight we know these two drugs are infamous for being evil life-destroying drugs whose side-effects never stop, even after decades after having stopped taking them. So word to the wise, be VERY RELUCTANT to be up for trying any NEW medications on the market, even when it is highly reccomended by your doctors. From much personal experience: doctors don't know as much as you would think. Myself personally...I will never ever go on another medication that hasn't been in the mainstream market for less than 15 or 20 years. I will let someone else be the lab rat from now on.
Forgot, in addition to finding that getting up earlier greatly reduces my symptoms (hung-over feeling without drinking) I did some internet research and found something about how the Pineal Gland in the brain can become calcified which can force it into producing less melatonin, causing all kinds of problems throughout the body. I don't know if it applies but, it is something to consider.
  I  suffered many of the problems mentioned in the forum, came across   the web site **********.*** after reading it I have given up milk, cheese, butter,milk chocolate, yogurts, beef products,beef gravy, beef stockcubes, inc geletine. all dairy products,on the 4th day I had bad withdrawel symtoms (symptoms) that lasted for a day and a half, this morning I'm feeling much better than I've felt in years,I also cut out caffine I didn't have much caffine in my diet anyway, I'm eating more fruit, fish, chicken, potatoes,rice, salads, bacon,
pork,beans,pulses,noodles,soya milk.
Some of the symptoms you have talked about sound like the way I feel in the morning if my blood sugar is elevated. There might be a food allergy as well even if there have not been any food sensitivities before allergies can come on later in life. If you don't want to have more tests done I would recommend for two weeks to cut out all dairy eggs meat gluten and soy, basically eat fruits and veggies only and introduce the other foods back into your diet one at a time a few days apart. If it is an allergy you should be able to tell what food or foods is causing it. Good luck
Please look up FIBROMYALGIA is typical of excess yeast. And body aches and pains, joint stiffness, restless unrefreshed sleep, stomach and bowel problems due to food allergies or intolerance. I had this for 2 and a half years before I TOLD MY DOCTOR I COULD HAVE FIBRO. and I do, DRS are ignorant of this condition.
See a naturopath, homeopath, or a Chinese doctor.
Totally agree with the above post. See a naturopath people. Doctors have their place but are limited once diagnosis has been made and can only treat symptoms with drugs which can cause other issues.

Also to these links will help:

www.energymedicine.org this woman is BRILLIANT please don't dismiss this type of work...

Anything to do with Brandon Bays The Journey work. You will be surprised
with the results!

Good luck people's :)
SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME IVE HAD THESE SYMPTOMS,
i have suffered ten years or more when i wake im hungover for hours ,,slow no energy,,pains swelling of the stomach,,im worse when i eat meat or any food with the E numbers in them or antibiotics or preservatives ive found,,going on to a healthy diest no soda pop ,no booze,helpss,but most of all if you are going to eat meat stick to free organic range chicken not to much,also lamb organic grass fed with mint,,,cut the steak out,,eat white fish small portions with carbs like chips ,,not to much of the green vegetables either but decent amounts,,,eat plenty fruit,,cranberry a glass at night say 7 pm the 2 glasses of water  say half an hour later,,sleep at 10.30 pm ..keep of the laptops at night they are a major source of this ,,think when did this begin,,oh yes when i started useing the internet alot,,wifi em,,get a cat cable,,insulate where you sleep,,you will notice a difference 70% of the people on this board,,we are in a silent war and you need to defend your cellular regeneration at night time,,serious drop the laptops in the bin,,get a desktop and you will notice a change as you spend less time online,saying this though or enviroment is totally smuthered with electronic passing right through from neighbours even,,1 cable to 1 house with 1 wifi conection proparly setup could deliver a safer internet experience to your street,but dont tell the tax man,,check the studys done from the world leading people on wifi and electronic polution ,,or open your door an look at your trees an garden plants,,talk about an soft kill in the name of profit,carnt edit no time sorry good luck with it
I've felt like this almost everyday of my life.  I have only recently discovered a partial explanation.  I have chronic low grade SILENT migraines.  I also have gluten intolerance (possibly Celiac) and dairy intolerance (the casein connection).  All three of these things are definitely inter-related.  Tyramine Intolerance encompasses the gluten and dairy intolerances, so that means a whole lot of other food intolerances as well.  I also have chemical sensitivities, which is also inter-related to these things.  This is by no means the full explanation either, because I still have the brain fog, which is the other way of saying the same thing as what the thread is about.

What is maddening is having haters accuse me of being drunk when I'm actually allergic to everything with alcohol in it.  It's not just the alcohol.  I'm also allergic to the sulfites.  It's unfair of being accused of this when what we're all experiencing is not self-inflicted.
These are terrible symptoms that I've been suffering with for years! And as alot of people mentioned, it is at the least comforting to know I am not alone in this.

I've had 2 nasal surgeries in the past 22 months as the doctors said I suffered from allergies which they can't identify and it's due to lack of oxygen at night etc.

None of these have helped as I still experience these despite my nose feeling more open and easier to breathe for months now.

I will present some of the suggestions to my GP and specialist and should i have any luck will be sure to post here :)
Im a 40 yr female I too like all of you have been suffering with these dilbiltating side effects of whatever is going on here for 4 years. I have been thru numerous tests  a number of specilists and nothing . Until recently . I have been to an allergist and appartently im allergic to all kinds of things including foods.  I had the ***** test and yes reactions to many things. Now Im awaiting the blood results from futher allergy testing to come back. Once this is all done I am going to try the drop under the tongue instead of allergy shots once a month.
All I know is day to day is a daily battle up hill. My friends and family all think im crazy . Even my doctor said i was crazy. Nope not crazy just know that something isnt right with my body and it brings my stress levels up to an all time high and loads of aniexity attacks from feeling so bad . I am hoing that with all this allergy testing and drops will improve the way i feel
Yes I have had the same symptoms now for some time. I believe that it is due to gluten. Although you might not have an allergy to it, it is still one of the most difficult substances for your body to break down. I just received a blood test to see whether I had an allergy, but the results turned out negative. This didn't help me very much, so I am now basing my diet on how my body feels. If you try going a week without eating any pasta, bread, deserts, and other foods that contain gluten I bet you will feel much better. After going two weeks without it I had so much more energy, did not feel hungover in the mornings, no stomach pain, and was more focused and clear headed than ever before. If it is difficult for you to eliminate some of these foods from your diet that's ok. You can buy gluten free pasta, bread, soy sauce, etc... that all taste just as good if not better in my opinion. Anyway I hope this helps.  
I've felt this way for over 10 years!   Daily Pain & Fatigue.
The most secure way to isolate your problem, (if it is an allergy), is to Stop eating everything.  I've done it ALL.  The Parasite Cleanse,  Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free...Sugar Free....Colonics...Vitamins....Anti-Depressants!!!
It's all worthless!!!  You have to file it all under Fibromyalgia or CFS.  
I have a very damaged Cervical Spine and after 3 surgeries have a totally fused neck which leads to several types of daily discomfort.
It would be wise to pay some credence to "Stress".  I couldn't lead a Less Stressful life, BUT  it can play a very prominent role in your physical well being.  Also SLEEP is very crucial.  Not just how long, but how well.
Good Luck to Everyone!  Keep fighting!
I have found the following to be Extremely Helpful.....Please Try!!!
But follow it to the letter and don't deviate.

***STOP ALL CAFFEINE IMMEDIATELY*** (Especially morning coffee)
Take the following supplements:
1. SAM-e ( S-Adenosyl methionine ) 200-400mg.  
2. LICORICE ROOT   400mg.
3. GINKO BILOBA  (Take in small doses)
4. Relax & Breeeeeeaaaaaaaaaathe

Try ONLY the Sam-e  & Licorice together first and see if you notice a difference within 3-5 days. Start with small doses and adjust as needed.
Too much Licorice and Ginko can make you anxious. Anxiety creates Stress and Stress creates Fatigue. If you must have a hot morning drink, make it Green Tea.
If you have no side effects of the SAM-e and Licorice then add the Ginko.
After a few days or weeks (SAM-e takes time to get in your system) alternate each supplement with the other daily.  Take SAM-e one day then Licorice the next, etc.....Try to rotate these 3 supplements until you feel stronger. Too much of any supplement gets rejected by your system and inhibits it from doing it's job.  Caffeine addiction is the best example of this.
Our daily morning ritual of "Liquid Crack" infusion into our systems will destroy your adrenals and create a vicious cycle. That's why all coffee drinkers are dead until they have their "morning coffee".  
This has worked wonders for me in every way.
Fatigue, Pain, Nausea........ALL gone!!!!  I hope this helps someone.
Good Luck!
Hey, thought I would comment because the way you described your symptoms match mine exactly and I am fed up with trying all sorts of different healthy diets cutting out wheat, gluten, sugar etc! I have had all sorts of tests and all has come back negative! My next step is an allergist... allergies to preservatives and additives can cause similar symptoms and are hidden in almost everything! Its worth a try... good luck!
For many people on this thread, it would be worthwhile to do some research on Lyme Disease.  

It is one possibility for all the symptoms described here, including brain fog, headaches, fatigue, joint pain, muscle pain, (all the symptoms of Fibro), GI problems - incl, stomach pain, digestIon problems, nutritional deficiences (esp. B12 and magnesium), high viral loads (esp. HHV, EBV, HPV, and a couple others), cognitive problems, numbness, tingling, dizzyness, unrefreshing sleep, feeling drunk or hungover with little to no alcohol, motion sickness, clumsiness, adrenal issues, UTIs, even rib pain/chest wall pain and heart issues (arrythmia, tachycardia, heart block).  You could have your own unique combination of these symptoms.

Good info at www.ilads.org
I felt so sick that I left work early again today..nausea...mild headache-neckache, dizzy, hard to focus...so bad that I just wanted to cry and lay down. Is it menopause? Is it silent migraines? Celiac? Nut allergy? Too little exercise?
More than 15 years ago, I tested positive for E. Barr, Gilbert Syndrome (high bilirubin, anxiety and dep), positive ANA- connective tissue problems.
I have allergies and anxiety,
When reading all of the posts, it makes me wonder if there is a connection. Anyone figure it out yet?
.Hi, You might want to check your aspartame, splenda, high fructose corn syrup.  I get this way, the gonging headache, hung over feeling, feeling dehydrated and heart palpatations.  I stopped using equal years ago because of this and I just started having a real problem with it again, so I checked and there it is, in the little crstal light packets I was using to flavor my water.  I thought I was dying, brain anerism or stroke or something.
Good luck.
I have experienced all these symptoms. I have Fibromyalgia, Brain Fog, Fatigue, Depression, Stomach Problems including IBS, Heartburn, and Stomach Motility Issues (my food tries to digest in between my throat and stomach), weepiness, Hangover without drinking, moodiness, Chronic Fatigue, Cold Feet and Hands, Sleepy even after getting 18 hours sleep, to name many symptoms. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Depression, IBS, GERD, Migraines, Allergies, Irregular Menstrual Cycle, Hemorrhagic Cysts on my Ovaries that come and go, Anxiety, and an Abnormal Rheumatic System (diagnosis of Fibromyalgia). The bad thing about doctors is that they just patch you up. You have symptoms, they run tests, and then prescribe you drugs. Nothing actually cures what is going on with you. They in turn get more money the more they see you and prescribe medicines for you. I am going to have my hormones tested, but am not going to hold my breath that something is really wrong with me. I usually just go to my depression doctor and have them change my anti-depressant. That is the only thing that has ever made a difference in my feeling better I hate to say and now, for many years now that doesn't help???? Beside myself in desperation. I have tried vitamins, being more active, and you name it I tried it. Even taking Apple Cider Vinegar, to no avail, I am not any better. Oh well, someday I will get better. Maybe I'll try y'alls suggestions. Discouraged
I have almost all of the symptoms you guys have all been talking about especially the "hungover" feeling in the am. I suffered from out of control migraines for about 3 years that eventually spiraled into severed neck pain along with joint and muscle pain....was placed on antiseizure meds with no relief of the migraines. I started to correlate me not feeling well after eating. I was soooooo hungover in the am without drinking any alcohol. I started seeing mds in Boston regarding my severe neck pain unrelieved by physical therapy...I now was out of work to find an answer. A nutritionist I worked with refered me to a fellow colleague of hers who specialized in food sensitivities. She did a blood test on me that saved my life. She put me on a special Leap Program diet for 6 months and I am completely healed. I cannot tell enough ppl about this experience but I will never stop trying to help as many as I can. If you are in need of help still please contact me at ***@****
To add a few more things.  I did get every test done.....lyme...celiec...food allergies and environmental....etc.  All were negative! Until I found this nutritionist who specializes in testing and treating food sensitivities.... I finally was able to live again. I am 34 and have two small children. I owed this to my family as well as myself to try anything. The test was very expensive now covered by insurance.  Go to www.gourmetrd.com i wish u all luck
Lastly.........I failed to mention that the main foods causing my symptoms are wheat sugar and dairy. A few others ...strawberries broccoli and yellow #5. Things that I never would of guessed. When I now cheat on my diet a year ago on. April 30th.... I will experience a slight hungover feeling and or migraine and or neck pain all over again. The mds had no clue and dont really get it. Who knew. It was as simple as fixing my diet???
ME TOO! I am 39, eat well, drink plenty of water, (occassionaly with some electrolytes) and consume ZERO alcohol... and I wake up at least once a week feeling half-drunk and grossly hungover!! I call these my "toxic" days. I often get it a day after lots of sweating (a hike, or just working hard) so have assumed it is related to water intake. But I am really stumped, because I am a water-drinker! This has been happening off and on for years, but seems to be getting more pronounced. I am seeing my doc next week, and eventually plan on getting a naturopath involved if I don't start feeling better. It totally *****- my sympathies to all you guys- I will post any helpful info!
I know this is late, but I hope you are feeling better, I also wonder if you've been tested for candida overgrowth? I am suffering from all of these symptoms and have for years. I am in the process of some unconventional testing. I am waiting for my candida test to come back. I sure feel it will be positive. I don't care for this kind of quality of life. I really hope you are much much better! take care!
I feel for your husband as I too suffer most of the same symptoms and have been for over 6 years. I've tried so many things and am trying to stay persistent with doctors because they all say I am fine and learn to live with it. I recently started acupuncture and an allergy program called naet and it seems to be helping little by little. Its worth checking out if you are open to alternative methods. One thing I've learned from my acupuncturist though is that we are often told we have an abundance of digestive acid but that more often than not it is the opposite. We just happen to feel the burn because of where its sitting. I've been drinking a shot of braggs apple cider vinegar with each meal (not snack) and its made a huge difference in my gastro problems.it takes the pains away and helps digest things faster. Its not tasty but it makes me feel so much better when I eat now. I never go out without it anymore even to restaurants. There are other benefits I hear from it with inflammation and arthritis pains that may even help you more. Good luck with your journey. I hope you find answers very soon. You are not alone
bet you have a candidia over groth, check it out. it almost killed me. i was exactly like you. then i found out about candidia and did the diet cleanse and probiotics and feel much better
try the candidia diet and some probiotics
hey man ive been sick for three yerars now, after a sexual exposer with a women, but docs cant find anything wrong, the only thing that has helped me is the candidia diet and supplements. did you ever figure out what is wrong with you
candace ive had your exact symptoms, did you ever find out what is wrong with you?
A related discussion, THYROID was started.
i just typed in (reluctantly, because I was a little afraid) feeling hungover without drinking, and I am amazed at how many suffer from the same symptoms I've been having and how long ago folks have been posting their symptoms and concerns.  I just started suffering symptoms last month.  I just had another episode this morning.  I have not touched even a brewski, (which I love), in about 2 years.  I stopped smoking a year ago.  This terrible hungover feeling just started with me.  I do thank all who gave their comments and shared their symptoms.  It makes me wonder though...
Hi, I feel like this constantly too.  Have been struggling with the hang-over feeling and thirst, numbness in my limbs (almost always in bed at night but on a couple of occassions during the day), neck pain that's been going on for about 3 years.  Physio/acupuncture/naturapath/drs haven't been able to help.  I haven't worn a regular bra in that long - only strapless for me.  I wear a mouthguard to prevent teethgrinding which helped the headaches I was getting.  I have hypothyroidism but that's under control - I find the whole thyroid much more helpful than the synthetic but these other symptoms are outside of that diagnosis.  I also ended up with a fungal nail infection and was put on heavy antifungal meds.  I felt much better whilst taking them but my doctor didn't want to continue them as my liver was struggling (despite my feeling better than I had in ages).  I think because of that that there is a fungal component to it.  I need to do the antifungal diet but it just seems so hard and I'm a vegetarian so the diet doesn't offer much variety.  Has anyone found the answer yet?
A related discussion, Liver/Gallbladder Detox? was started.
Hi Everyone

There is a stomach condition that you may not be familiarly. Its called SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) Just type it in google and you will get lots of info.

In a nutshell the bacteria that helps you digested food is in the wrong place.Its in the small intestine. This can cause all sorts of unpleasant symptoms.

Some of them mentioned in your posts. I was diagnosed with it in 2007. It can be treated with medication but the Private consultant I saw said in his long years of experience the best way is to control the the condition is with your diet

Obviously that was 7 years ago so their might be better methods or medication. Please don't suffer its a horrible condition so goggle it now and hopefully get the right treatment and info.

If you want any more help just reply

Hello all! I have been cured of the 'feel hungover without drinking' !! For several years I suffered all the symptoms mentioned above.It seemed to get worse until I felt so bad that I wondered if I would die in my sleep. By coincidence, I found out about bioresonance diagnostics and therapy and found a practitioner who had the diagnostic machine that discovered the source of my problem.
The machine test result showed that I had a virus which had been occupying my organs for many years. The Practitioner gave me four bioresonance treatments of one hour each with a week rest in between. It is also known as 'zapping'.
The hangover feeling is caused by toxicity ( think of having been intoxicated ) --it doesn't matter whether it's by alcohol, bacteria, parasites or allergies etc and is the liver trying to clean out the toxins.
For about 3 weeks after my treatments I felt really wiped out, but the Practitioner told me that was because after years of accumulating toxins from the virus, my liver had to work even harder to get rid of the debri left by the now destroyed virus.
After a month, another test pronounced me free of the virus and I now feel like a new person!
For more info go to youtube ' how bioresonance scanning works'.
Some practitioers recomend a liver cleanse after the bioresonance.
Ther is also a home macine--google  'does the hulda clarke zapper really work'
This treatment has worked for a number of people I know and for me it worked a 100%!!!!!