Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Forehead swelling/abrasion after fall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Forehead swelling/abrasion after fall

Hello, I am an 18 year old male and last night I fell and hit my head against something resembling a curb. I have a large bump in between my eyebrows accompanied by redness and abrasion. My nose is cut but not broken, and I have an abrasion on my cheek.

This swelling of my forehead concerns me.

When should the swelling/redness go away from my forehead injury?  I already went to a doctor and was examined for concussion etc. but I forgot to ask how long it will stay like this.

Thanks,

Since concussion has been ruled out, I would suggest you to apply ice packs to the affected part and take OTC pain killers for pain.
It is difficult to tell without examination as to how long the swelling will remain, hopefully it should resolve in a few days time.
Take care!

This small swelling may be due to superficial vessel oozing leading to a small haematoma.It will go in 4-5 days.

Apply some warm compresses on the swelling, take some OTC anti-inflammatory analgesic like ibuprofen and the swelling should reduce in a couple of days.

Pls watch out for any dizziness or numbness or headaches. If some other symptom arises along with this swelling, then you need to consult a neurologist and get yourself evaluated.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

The cut on my nose is now oozing green and has covered the cut...is this infection or normal?

There are many stages involved in healing after a cut or injury. After getting a cut, scratch, or abrasion, your skin may start bleeding. At the site of a wound, the platelets stick together like glue. This is called clotting. Then a scab (a hardened and dried clot) forms a crust over the wound. Underneath the scab, new skin cells multiply to repair the wound.

From the description that you have given it looks that this green colored oozing is pus.It may be due to infection of the wound. An infection happens when there are too many germs for your body's white blood cells to handle. Infected wounds may hurt, look red and swollen, and contain pus, which is a thick yellowish or greenish liquid.

A course of antibiotics is required if the wound is infected.Pls consult your physician for that as antibiotics are available on prescription. Infected wounds may lead to abscess or cellulites. So pls don’t hesitate in consulting a physician.