Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Globus Sensation and Warm Face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Globus Sensation and Warm Face

Hi I'm a 17 yr old otherwise healthy male and for about the past week I've been experiencing a globus (tight/lumpish) sensation in my lower throat near my adams apple. It is not really bad but constant and bothersome though it goes away when eating and recedes when talking. It seems to be normal globus, as in nothing actually there but feel need to throat clear and swallow... just kind of that gurgle/phelgm sound like grating.

Beyond that, for the past couple days I've been experiencing a constant warm/hot feeling on the right side of my face (forehead down to shoulder including ear lobe)  and also a roving "fever" (feels much hotter) every evening around 6, and later around 9 or 10, though I haven't had it during the day, it has been for about 4 days and each day at the same time.

I might have a couple of enlarged lymph nodes in my neck (left and right side) but they are moveable, kind of rubbery (not hard) and I did have a couple of mild colds (with runny nose, mild throat irritation etc.) In the couple of weeks preceding these symptoms.

Beyond those 2 symptoms I feel fine and otherwise healthy, no pain, no sinus irritation (clogged nose etc.), no headaches, no changes in voice, no trouble breathing, eating or talking, no digestive issues, normal sleep pattern etc.

For further background info, I'm normal weight and height for age, non smoker/drinker (though I've had like 3 cigs total in the past year) and no drug use.  Also no previous health issues of note, no allergy issues and no family health history of note.

I'm just trying to figure out what this is as it ranges from best case scenario plain ol anxiety to worst case some sort of cancer and its worrying as I'm otherwise healthy.

Thanks in advance.
1 Comment
I should also add that I've had red hot ear in the past (like 2 years ago) and its similar, though this extends to cheek, head and neck.  Also its as if my globus gets better when the fever starts, then when it recedes, gets tighter again.  

I have no fatigue, no appetite loss etc as well.