Gnats or Fruit flies following me
This may sound very unususal,and beleive me I wouldn't even mention it, if it hadn't become such an anomoly to me. For the past 3 months or so I have noticed that I have gnats flying around me at home. Just a couple,but they follow me from room to room, wherever I go. They also follow me to work,and I have them in my office too. Then when I go to another person's office, they follow me in there too. So essentially it's me they are after. There is no food or fruit anywhere,and I do not wear cologne. I have not done anything different from when they were not constantly around me. I am not sure why they are around me, but as you can see, it has become a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
Sorry everyone this is !y first ....third attempt at trying to contribute on a public site. From a practical point of view, I take garlic, apple cider vineger and vitamin b supplements, bath in borax (1/4 cup) with apple cider vineger, always use dandruff shampoo, topically coconut oil top to bottom, which hazel and the ever favorite apple cider vineger, try to avoid sugar in diet, always clean all fresh veggie thoughly, use honey instead of sugar, episom salts in the bath, and last but very important always sterilize footware at every use and don't walk barefoot anytime even in the house. I use grocery bags. They are cheap diposible and don't take up !such room. All the best everyone. And if you think I! Nuts about the feet just sit down wipe with good old apple cider vinager and watch the white antennae grass grow!
Fungus gnat larvae inside of me is killing me. They are hatching out of my skin leaving tiny black specs all over my body. Myiasis? I'm very depressed and miserable. Please help! Email me ***@****
Hey I have seen them around a lot like you are saying. Doctors say that they can't figure it out. Crazy thing is that they showed in my life right after my son was born. Everyone in my life wants me to get help, ha funny thing is I have read other people story's online and they're so much alike. He is now 10 months old and honestly I don't have a clue why I can see the things I do. But I thank the lord every day for it. For one I really believe these creature are what we call SIDS. If I couldn't see what everyone else can't I truely believe my son wouldn't still be with me. I don't think they (creatures/insects) do it on purpose,cause death. But I do know they learn from their mistakes and they fight back. Say if you try to kill them.  They have an understanding like humans. And they, I truely believe are also the ones that use lint. What I see is they have figures a way out to put a vail over themself and what they are trying to transport. I know I see more than everyone else. They use lint in building the nest. They move so fast it's unreal. And they love to learn from us(humans). I will not lie I study them a lot.
If you are still on this site / if you get this message, please let me know as I would like to share our experiences for corroboration and gaining knowledge. My email is ***@****
I have been struggling with myasis for 3 years. It is so horrible. I believe I got it from the Asian clothing imports. There are three different kind of bugs from what I can tell, all of which are capable of infesting me: white bugs, fungus gnats and some kind of fruit fly looking thing which could be a phorid fly (thanks to cantfindout for posting that name above which I think could be a match for the fruit fly looking ones - and wikepedia reports that: A few cases of phorid flies opportunistically causing human myiasis have been reported). I have managed to get rid of these things for a while using massive amounts of Nix and leaving it on for hours - way longer than you should - or by covering myself from head to toe for a day in 10% sulfur cream - I used DeLaCruz brand available from Amazon. The problem is, the eggs are in my clothes and so I keep reinfesting myself. I have not found a solution for getting them out of the clothes. I am trying to keep those to a bare minimum and am constantly throwing clothes out and trying to find new bug free clothes. Some people say they have had success with borax on clothes but I am not sure they are dealing with the same bugs. I am dealing with gnats and phorid flies I believe, although the bugs seem to attract other bugs so it can get pretty hard to figure out what is going on at times. It is getting very frustrating and expensive. I think these bugs are getting to be pretty common out there so I am trying to find ways to change my diet to make myself less attractive to the bugs - I started taking food grade diatomaceous earth, MSM powder, garlic pills and swedish bitters this week and will report back if that helps. I will also try the dandruff shampoo someone mentioned above as the scalp is the worst.
not sure if you are still on this website but I have to tell you, by far my worst problem is the clothes. There is a constant cycle of infection and reinfection because there is no getting the suckers out of the clothes. It is much easier (although challenging enough) to get them off the skin and scalp, but the clothes - I have tried everything!  and unfortunately, I am finding many of the new clothes in the stores just as bad or even worse than my old buggy clothes! I am going to try Cedarcide PCO choice in my laundry next but to be perfectly frank, I would be surprised if it works because so far nothing and I mean nothing has worked at all and these things have proven themselves to be more powerful than I would have thought possible. I am prepared to start fresh with my wardrobe (pretty well already have a few times) but there always seem to be new clothes which have the bug and infect everything else all over again.
any luck.with.the.pco
I am having problems in one ear too. Can't hear properly there and am sure it is because of the bugs. I put some swedish bitters in my ear as recommended by one blogger and in the night I woke up to hear wings fluttering in my ear!  I think it was a gnat and it departed but there are still some eggs or fungi perhaps in there as it still hasn't cleared completely. Then yesterday I bought a new Tshirt and as soon as I got it home and put it on, I felt something fly into my ear. Not again!
I just think sometimes it because of my ear because i have an ear infection when i notice this problem. I also donated blood. Those are my college times. And now it getting worst. Even the dogs sense it. I observe them sniffing around like they are looking for something.

Skin problem is far from my suspecion. Because even my body is submerge in the water, flies appears also.

I suspect that it is in our breath or something not get dry like our eyes mouth.

Maybe it is in our breath because air is warm and moving. And we exhale more volume of air than the surface of something rotten. But we can't notice that.

I suspect that it a tissue in our airway.

But i have read the post of bleubreath here that it is because of his rotten teeth. And i remove suspected teeth nothing happen now. But still hope if the wound will heal it will disappear.

I also go to the doctor but they didn't help or interested about it.
The doctor will ignore it because they think its not a disease.
It may not a disease but it affect us.

I don't have friends now.

I was bullied by people.

I can't do most simple thing live without worrying. I'm not affraid of fly. But i'm affraid of people will saw it and bully me or will push me away.

I can't accepted this situation as long as people will not accept it. Sure they won't .

If people can't accept then we are not one of them.
We should never live like them.
I still hoping.
I have suffered for years with having what seems to be one gnat at a time in my hair at all times.  It just hangs out until I either wash in then see it flying in the bathroom mirror when I get out waiting to come in for a landing or when I go out in public and it has a chance to roam especially around food or wine.  Needless to say it has been exasperating, humiliating and frustrating!  I felt completely helpless and didn't know what to do then suddenly they were gone!  They've been gone for awhile now but I still don't believe it!  I frequently check to see if it's still true.  Before if I shook my hair out in the mirror it would come out then back in again.  Hasn't happened!  When I go places where they are they do still circle around me but they don't seem to come home with me.  The only thing that I can think of that could possibly contribute to their disappearance is that I changed my hair conditioner.  I am using Biolage Conditioning Balm.  It's a bit heavy and waxy so maybe that's why they aren't nesting in my hair anymore?  Either way I'm not questioning a good thing and still remain nervous that they will return. I'm hoping that this is what did it and that if only just one person tries it and it works they will find relief from this stressful condition.  So it's Biolage Conditioning Balm by Matrix.  You can find it in Stop and Shops, perhaps from your hairdresser and online!!!  If anyone tries it and it works please tell me!  Thank you and good luck!!!
I've seen them ... or at least the ones on me. They are very tiny, so I cannot make out any detail, but they are white with a teal dot in the center. They feel kind of waxy/fibrous when you squish them and they begin to turn more and more teal color the more you squish them.

I never had any problem like this until I moved back to my hometown in the South and bought my first house. I've read about fungus gnats and wonder if that's what they are.

When I first looked at the house with the realtor, the soap dishes on the wall tiles in both showers had fallen off and the owners had taped plastic over the openings in the wall. I didn't think much of it at the time, because my brother said it could be easily fixed. But I know now that was a sign of moisture in the wall.

The house had a terrible moldy odor every time the AC would go on -- something I didn't notice when I looked at the house ... probably because the house was empty and the AC was off when the realtor showed it to me. After moving in, I quickly learned that the roof leaked down the dining room wall and inside the wall that separated the dining room from the bathroom, which explains the soap dishes falling off the tile wall in the shower that was on that same wall.

I began to see what looked like blue dust all along the baseboards in the bathroom and by the end of the day it would have spread outward all over the floor. I suspect it was some kind of mold. Although, I suppose it could have been the little bugs at an early stage. Don't know.

Also, immediately after moving into the house, my brother and I (who was living with me temporarily while selling his empty house) noticed little bites around our eyes and on our cheek bones when we'd get up in the morning. I began feeling something pricking me like a pin in my eyes and all over ... including my private parts and even on my tongue and in my nose and ears. I felt little bugs crawling all over me and biting me at night in my bed and in the afternoon while working at the computer. They would stop a while during the day, then they'd start up again in the late afternoon. No matter how much I washed and cleaned they were always there.

I began to notice tiny white specs floating or flying in the air around my computer monitor. They seemed to be attracted to it and to sunlight, as they would fly around in the rays of light that streamed through my window in the late afternoon. Because they were so small, I would often inhale them through my nose and mouth, and they would get in my ears and eyes. I don't know if the flying gnat-like bugs (but smaller) are the same bugs crawling on me and biting me or if I have multiple types of bugs on me. It could be the same bug but at different stages of development. Not sure.

They seem to get all over my clothes like dandruff and seep through my clothing to my skin.

The one thing they have in common is that they all seem to be white and all seem to turn blue when you squish them. (I've read that some bugs have blue colored blood or their equivalent to blood.) They all just feel different and are a different size. Some feel like they have a harder, shell-like exterior, others a waxier, more fibrous texture with the blue dot more visible in the center.

The ones with the harder exterior are flat and round and painfully embed into my skin. I have been able to pick some of these out of my skin. If I leave them on my finger tip, I can actually see and feel them beginning to embed into my skin again. Very weird.

I had Orkin come to my house and they found no sign of anything  -- no fleas, bed bugs, ants or other pests. They set out sticky traps to catch some of the bugs and find out what they were, but they claimed nothing showed up on the traps. Of course, the microscope he used was just one of those ones you put over your eye with a head band ... not exactly the most high powered microscope. Anyway, they fogged my house and my brother and I moved out for a few days. When we got back, the bugs were biting us with a vengeance -- even worse than before. It was horrible. I also noticed little black fruit flies or other tiny flies flying around me all the time in my house.

I am at my wits end about how to get rid of these things. I see the white flying bugs everywhere. I've seen them at the physical therapist's office and at the clothing store in the dressing rooms. These things are everywhere. In fact, there was a story on our local news station a few years ago when all of this started that said people in one of our movie theaters had complained about something biting them as they sat in their chairs. Like me, the theater owner called an exterminator, but nothing could be found.

My doctor said she'd had lots of patients coming in with complaints about bugs biting them. She said she thought it was mites. She gave me some cream to put all over. It helped a few days, but the bugs were still there. Cream won't get rid of flying bugs.

Anyway, I couldn't stand living in my house anymore and moved in with my two sisters and my mother. I noticed the same moldy smell when her air conditioner came on, though not as bad as mine. I began to notice the little flying white bugs in her house too, and my sisters and Mom were coughing all the time and gagging like something was biting them in their throat, just like I would feel sometimes. My Mom described it as feeling like something was biting her like a pin, not like a mosquito. At first, I thought I'd brought them with me to my sister's house, but then I went outside on her patio and could see the little white flying bugs flying around me. When I would dust off my shirt there would be 100s or more of them on my clothing. I always felt them crawling on me when I sat in her patio chairs too.

I also began to recall that the first time I felt something bite me was on her couch when I stayed there before moving into my house. Her house is always immaculate too, so it had nothing to do with cleanliness.

The one thing that her house and my house had in common besides the moldy smell was cats. My other sister who also lived there had a house cat, and the people who lived in my house before me had house cats and also had feral cats hanging around their back patio at night. I've also seen feral cats hanging around my sister's patio at night.

Anyway, Louisiana is a very humid, wet place -- the perfect environment for mold. That's why I can't help thinking these are some kind of mold bugs/gnats or possibly some kind of mites that the cats are carrying. My sister's cat died, and he was always scratching himself constantly, especially his face and ears ... just like my brother and I, whatever was biting him loved the eye/cheek area on him as well.

I also wonder if these things are responsible for some other painful, debilitating, and worsening health issues I have or, at the very least, whether they have exacerbated my symptoms. My body is laden with excruciating pain all over on a daily basis -- so much so that I can hardly walk some days and have great difficulty showering/bathing without feeling muscle weakness and extreme fatigue during and after.

I'm trying to take it all in stride, but it sure would be nice to be bug free, as I've had these things on me since June of 2011. Proof that I'm not crazy and that they are real is my brother, who was bitten by them as well. And now my sisters and Mom feeling an occasional bite and constantly coughing and having things in their eyes like me. We can't "all" be crazy.

Any suggestions on what has worked for other people to get rid of them would be welcome. I am especially interested in natural cures -- i.e., herbs, etc. -- to get rid of them on me as well as in the air around me.

Deborah
Heat seems to trigger the emergence. Such as over heating. Probably a myiasis atypical fungus gnat. Could try lice killer.
maybe the first thing you need to know is what kind of flies swarming around you,
maybe the first thing you need to know is what kind of flies swarming around you
i have also the same situation, there are one to three flies following me wherever I go, i think it is a house fly that is common here in my country. I always keep my hygiene in check, but when i go outside, I noticed a fly going on around me and it perched on me. it's quite irritating and humiliating, especially when people saw you in that kind of situation, they'll laugh at you and say you didn't take a bath or you stink, but actually it's not. i suffered for years, and i didn't know what to do until now, sometimes i want to stay indoors just to save myself from this depressing situation, if you have answer please can you tell me?
I've tried to tell someone this kind of situation i have, but that "someone" said to me that it was all on my mind, that i'm hallucinating. until I checked this website. I discover that some people have the same kind of situation, the only difference is it is gnats and fruit fly, but for me is a different kind of fly, maybe in this way i can discover some suggestions
I recently am going thru this... a week ago we got a gnat infestation and it seems like even though they are dying they are attracted to me .. and a few days ago i started seeing them coming outof my hair. I thought I was loosing my mind. I washed it and saw some relief but now the skin on my scalp constantly feels like it is crawling and I see tiny ones flying from my head. Please tell me what you have done that works to get this under control.
Please someone try to examine your breath. You may not notice it but even dog can sense it. Sometimes it hard to convince a doctor to check what happening to us. I plan to see a ENT doctor special in the throat.
I saw a dermatologist for this and they gave me dermol for skin and dermovate for scalp.
did this work for you?
I think it is not on the skin. Even the person that have severe infection on skin don't suffer like this. If you notice the dogs can even smell it. And i think that it is in the air we exhale. That is why i am going to see an ent doctor again to ask for refferal for tracheal x-ray. If nothing found wrong i for endoscopy. I hope they will find something unusual.
Hi ALL.

I have had this problem for a little over a year now.  How do you live with this? Why is this happening??!! Thank you for creating this forum. Bless you

-W.O.W.
The gnats that follow me and that's always, go up my nose. Going crazy...
A related discussion, ITCHY was started.
Hi, I have the same thing, this has been going on a very long time.  I thought I had lice or scabies and after treating that for a long time w/ no relief I had to look for other ppl w/ the same symptoms. I recently started a new job and the ppl at work think I have lice because they see bugs on or near me.  I've been to the doctor here recently and was treated for lice and scabies again and it did nothing.  I don't know what to do, I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow and ask him to personally check my hair for lice. They talk about me all day at work and they don't care that I can hear them.  I don't say anything to them about my itchy problem because I fear I will be fired and I feel if I tell them about my itchy problem I will be fired.  So I am loosing my mind lately.  I need my job and I need a solution.  MY family think I'm crazy and will not help me so I am going thru this on my own.  I am afraid I will be committed for delusions and paranoia.  MY question is ,is this "itch" catchy?  Can I get a doctors note stating I don't have a contagious disease and keep my job? Please help me
You are not going crazy...Use ammonia with your shower gel....not to much...Also mist yourself with part body spray and ammonia...preferably lemon ammonia.
For three years this is happening to me. I have one kidney with low ph around three. Now I take sodium barb ,10 grain and it helped little but now I can"t get rid of a yeast infection and their back. Now in my house bitting the crap out of me. Boric acid is the only thing that kills the biting ones. Go to a doctor for a blood test. Most insects are attached to carbon dioxide which is another problem for me. It will only get worse.LoL
Use lemon ammonia....not a much but enough....also keep a spray bottle around with sea salt   ammonia...and spray yourself and your house daily...
Logic tells me something smells like decay to them, since it's something they're both attracted to... But they also go for food, period... So, you smell... like something. You either smell like some kind of food - even your diet could be the culprit for a food scent... you could eat like a dog and spill it on yourself...idk check yourself! OR maybe you have a real problem inside and things think that you're dead/dying. Do you have vultures fly close to you too?.. Maybe you should have a check up!first make sure you rid yourself of funky smells, pick a new soap! If that doesn't work I'd get checked by a pro!
I know what you are going through, I have had the same issue on and off for a while now. I thought I was rid of the buggers this past winter - well almost - but unfortunately my bug journey is not over yet. I can only give you partial tips to help because I haven't got it completely figured out yet, but I can tell you that there are real bugs involved and that they will lay eggs in your clothing, so it is very important to keep them from spreading to your entire wardrobe by keeping every article of clothing in a separate zip lock bag or other closed bag. On another website, a lady mentioned she got rid of them out of the clothes by using diatomaceous earth (DE) on the clothes. I believe she left the clothes in a bag with DE for about a month. I don't know how much DE to put in each bag of clothing however, so can't give you any advice about that yet as I haven't started my experiments with DE on clothes yet. Anyway what I have noticed is that if you keep each article of clothing in a separate zip lock bag, you will have an easier time sorting out which clothes are infested and which aren't. You will feel a strange substance (I have nicknamed it "devil dust") rising out of the clothes and going into your eyes when you open the zip lock, if you have left the clothes in there for a while (eg several days or weeks).  And then, when you wear the clothing with the "devil dust" in it, you will start to feel uncomfortable, as if an explosion is about to occur, and gnats will suddenly appear (depending on how warm it is / how warm you are and how "ripe" the clothing is, this can take several hours - but it can also happen very quickly). The main ones you will see are gnats and fruit flies, but I have had several other bugs show up too, including giant blackflies which I believe followed me and my clothes home from Cuba last year (I did not see any blackflies on the plane home but I assume by this point they had laid eggs in my clothes as the black flies popped out of the clothes when I wore them months later after taking them out of their zip lock bags). There are also moths, white flies and very small black specks which can fly very quickly compared to the gnats. I believe these are the same as the black specks we see coming out of our scalp when we comb our hair into the sink.)
As for getting the bugs out of your hair and skin, I found 10% Sulphur cream very effective (leave it on your skin / scalp over night or even longer if possible) and Nix or other permethrin cream.
Lately I have noticed that previously ok clothing I am wearing outside exercising (eg playing tennis) is attracting bugs, not just new infested clothing I bought in the stores, which means that I need an ongoing, daily solution to avoid having bugs interested in me and my clothes.  I am going to try Avon Skin So Soft products and / or absorbine junior on my skin and ingesting wormwood herb tablets from the healtfood store (paragone works well but I don't know if you can take that daily forever).
Hope some of this helps!  Please post how you are doing ....
Two things.shower with a little of ammonia in your liquid soap...not to much where you inhaling the smell....then mist yourself with part your body spray and ammonia daily. Make sure to get around your neck area good.If you can get a big repellent bracelet wear that as backup.....
thanks goddess, will try this. desperate today as I had a major incident yesterday and continuing today. I was frustrated because I started to have bugs again recently - flies etc on my scalp and clothes - and I do not know what caused this latest outbreak. New clothes I purchased? New apartment I am staying in? The laundromat? Bugs just invading me while I am out and about? I should know better by now but I tried to rescue some of my clothes by soaking them in Epsom salts and OMG, bug city in my place now. I think this is the worst I have ever had them. Based on what I have seen, this is some kind of GMO thing coming out in the clothes. Black flecks flying everywhere and then the gnats and other bugs appearing out of nowhere, God help us. This has got to be some kind of GMO experiment gone awry or a biological terrorist attack of some kind. Nobody will understand what I am talking about if they have not been through this before. I just hope I have something to wear at the end of this. I am on about my third round of attack at this point. Sprayed the place with Lysol and left for an hour, lots of black flecks everywhere when I came back, and there is still a fungus in the air going after my scalp and gnats coming out.  I noticed this before (a couple of years ago when I had a previous out break) and can't tell you what it means: but for what it's worth I will tell you that there is a kind of swarm of these bugs which will follow you around and which smells odd (first like urine and then like horses?) and then you are fighting for your life so to speak to get rid of them off your body. Maybe I am rotting inside and giving off some kind of urine / horse odour which is attracting them to me, or maybe I just happen to be a victim, I don't know.
Ello guys I'm 16 Years old and I'm no doctor or scientists but I think the problem is connected to cysts/acne most of you are pretty old but try to think back to the last time you had very bad acne or unusual acne to the point where its almost like zits  and this can be anywhere on the body. I think that the bugs want the liquid inside acne if you've ever popped a pimple and clear liquid comes out that's what I'm talking about also the white cysys its self I think the bugs like that if you've never had acne that bad then I have another theory about dead skin cells on your skin. The next time you take a shower before putting soap on let some hot water on you for about 5-10 minutes and if you have nails scratch these parts of your body- Side of face, nose, behind leg, front of shoulder, Any part of your back, and if your an inny then inside of belly button I know it sounds weird but while scratching try to see if dead skin cells go into your nails and if you don't have nails then just get a sponge and scrub hard if you see that dead skin cells are getting into your nails that may be it. Please reply back if most of you agree with my comment ill take it apon myself to become a microbiologist to help find the problem and a solution
sorry Mr NarutoUzimaki but I think you are on the wrong site, don't know why you are on here exactly? are you having issues yourself? I can guarantee you this is a bug issue, not acne. I see bugs flying around all the time so sorry, never had any acne cause gnats to fly around me before. Please go on another site and save us responding to you, thanks
sorry for posting such a rude answer last night, I was in a bad mood!  I do appreciate any and all suggestions, so thanks for taking the time to post. I don't have any acne but I do have dead skin on my legs so will try exfoliating. I don't feel I have dandruff but they do love my hair and scalp so I will try some natural methods of fungus control for the scalp in case it helps.
I honestly think out of all the post I read yours was the best. Its only been 2 1/2 years of this horrible acne but my face always feels gross now. I feel like these bigs are aiming for myface which is the biggest problem area but recently behind my legs my thighs back neck chin ect have random bumps. This is annoying but im going to have to home remedy the crap out of this problem. Thanks
I have this problem and gave been having it for 8 or 9 months.  I am only 29 but I had a lot of boils before this started. This is the most horrible thing I've ever been thru. Every doctor I've been to acts like I've been bite by bugs outside or that I have scabies. I did the scabies treatment and it did help but didn't stop it. Now they're worse than ever! But yes, something does come out from under my nails and will go under another one and so does skin.
I hope you saw my apology, and I want to let you know that your post gave me an idea which is really helping me. I have been wracking my brain for 3 years trying to figure out why I am being terrorized by these things while others aren't. Even though I don't have acne - and in fact my skin lesions aren't that bad compared to some of the people I've seen wandering around these days - there is evidently something about me attracting the fungus gnats, and it is probably a skin fungus of sorts. While researching over the weekend, I came across an article - I think it was a YouTube video - discussing how 100% of people in Germany have the fibers associated with Morgellons on their skin, but only a small % of the people have Morgellons symptoms. Another article suggested that malassezia may be the reason - some people have too much on their skin. So now I am learning about busting the biofilm layer on the skin and using natural methods to attack the fungus. There is a good article on this website:
http://www.gestaltreality.com/2014/07/08/healing-skin-by-altering-its-ph-microbial-malassezia-profile/
I hope this helps someone and thank you again for bringing up the skin issue NarutoUzimaki!!
Hi. I've been plagued by this for a while now but I may have an answer.

I too seem to attract flies no matter where I go. I sometimes have an odor but I smell my skin and and breath and both are perfectly fresh. My clothes smell clean but I still attract flies.

But I noticed one day while eating lunch the flies wouldn't land on my food but chose to stay on my shirt or pants instead. I then remembered there are flies that love mold which I'm also battling.

So I went home and started cleaning my room like crazy. I bought a air purifier, borax n baking soda which kills mold in carpet and clothes, and vinegar.

My room smelled so good. I got most of the mold up trying to get a dehumidifier.

For the first time in a year I'm fly free. I'm typing this at lunch.

I do have a bo problem in the summer and I do get people who cough around me. I can deal with that but when you start to attract flies that'd what really kills your self esteem.

Next I have to trash a mild infested mattress and I'm going to steam clean my rug.

I'll keep ya updated but wow... this is so nice I'm so happy if only for a little while.

Also people. Don't kill yourself over body smells or flies. Your life is more important.
The acne answer was close imo. I believe it has to do with clogged or blocked pores. Salt primarily. You see, when your pores get clogged, oily hair or skin, dryer skin or ingrown haurs, salt as well as odor/specific hormones can't excape.

We all know how electrolytes work and how salt plays a vital role in hydration. Salt is vital in this and the fuel of sweat(containining smells), water ect. and needs to come out of us properly. If it builds up inside it can be like a potpouri for insects.

My suggestion is to stay hydrated. Heat rises so trapped pores will get attention with closed off pores to the scalp and face. Some who sweat more than others need to be more attentive.

Witch hazel should be a good solution as it opens pores. B7 or biotin might help. More vitamin C and citris also. Lastly, cayenne pepper in your food more regularly. Hope this helps
I've got the same thing, I've had it for years since 1996 the doctors don't seem to believe me I've gone to four skin specialist and tropical disease specialist the years later went back to the original skin specialist, who said I had psoriasis, He now says I never had psoriasis my skin is getting all scarred up from me diving and itching.  I am seeing those flies all the time, thought maybe it was because I used to work in bars and restaurants but now I'm working in a department store that has no food no fruit and other staff members see them too and only started to see them the first night I started working and ever since then and some of them and other friends say they're getting itchy!  Please somebody help if you can!!
As I sit here and type these words I am swatting and swatting and swatting and swatting. It is endless. I can go on a camping trip with 10 people and no one sees a single damn bug all weekend. But here I am looking like I belong in a rubber room. I have researched this Daily for years and I have yet to find anything that works. And I have tried every suggestion I ran across. I have gone as far as I started smoking and I always have a fan on so they cannot get to me, it doesn't matter what I do they find a way. They fly up my pant legs, in the arms of my shirts, down my neck and all over my hair constantly. Im lucky if I sleep 5 minutes at a time. I wake up constantly and I can feel them on me. I feel I am living a miserable existence. What did I do to deserve this?? And what can I do to make it go away?? About a year ago, I decided that I give up finding an answer. In one weeks time I recorded how much effort I put into this and I was pushing almost 30 hours and barely getting about 3 hours sleep a night and only a few minutes at a time and with all the other negative stuff going on in my life and around the world, I can't take it anymore. I wish I could hit fast forward then break the damn remote. Just so they will someday not bug me anymore. I do look forward to that. Good luck finding an answer to your question. Answer no one wastes their time messaging me back I only joined the site so I could post this because I can relate, but I will be erasing my profile so dont bother......
This whole paragraph is my entire life since my teenage years summed up in a nutshell. SOMEONE FIND AN ANSWER PLEASE
Hello all. As most of you, I too am being bothered by these little bastards who like to fly into my eyes and feed. I have been having this problem for around 7 months and haven't been able to find any cure yet. The only reason I'm writing here is because I want to share my situation with you, maybe this information will help someone else or help us find a solution, despite the fact that I've quickly come to believe that there's not much we can do about it, at least not until the medical profession has a better understanding of what's causing these symptoms.
Most of the time I'm not bothered by these flies except for when I go to sleep. A couple of minutes after going to bed, I start feeling the little bastards flying around my eyes (sometimes ears, but I might be imagining this, I wouldn't be surprised) and constantly bouncing back and forth and around my eyelids. I tried sleeping while having my eyes covered but most of the time they manage to get close to my eyes even through fabric, weird! The only way for me to fall asleep is to either use my hand (fingers) and cover my eyes (it seems the flies know my hand is around there and don't bother me that much, at least until I fall asleep) or to use the blanket and cover my eyes until I manage to fall asleep. I don't even want to think what happens when I'm asleep.
Having read quite a lot on this topic (mostly from this website and this post) I have quickly excluded Morgellons and other similar syndromes and the only 2 possible causes I am being left with are:
1) (Micro) Myiasis. A helpful short website is: http://www.morgellonsuk.org.uk/micromyiasis.htm. I believe someone else posted it on this forum earlier.

2) Gastro-intestinal problems. I have had gastro issues for the past 4-5 years with some major complications. Mostly is undiagnosed illness like IBS/IBD and things like that. I'm saying undiagnosed because I've come to learn that the medical profession has close to no clue what is happening in the human gut and they attribute these names (like IBS) to a set of symptoms that is also similar to 10 other conditions but what actually IBS means is "we have no idea what's causing your distress in the gut/stomach/colon". To help "treat" (there's not a particular cure but more of a condition management way) my IBS condition, I tried many many ways, tried different supplements, prescription pills etc but it all comes down to what you eat. Although I'm still far from fully managing my condition, I'm now beginning to understand what is best for me or what causes a reaction. In any case, the DIET and what food and types of food we put into our body matters the most, I am now fully convinced of that. And I'm not just talking about eating healthy foods, I'm talking about watching the ingredients the foods are made from and so on. It's more of a way of micro managing what you put inside your body.
The reason I wanted to bring this up is because, as MANICBLOGGER thinks, I too believe that this condition is caused (at least with me) by some gastro-intestinal problems. Something went wrong at a time inside our bodies and caused the flies to be attracted to us.
What's also worrying is the fact that sometimes I can't even see these flies which makes me wonder if there are some other species (maybe invisible to the human eye) which are also attracted to my eyes. In either case, I only told one doctor about this and after I saw he wasn't really believing what I was saying, I changed the subject and left it like that. I'm seeing doctors regarding my IBS condition but I haven't mentioned to any of them these symptoms and I don't plan to.
I hope this helps and good luck everyone!
I think it was a polmunary problem.
I have a reactive bronchial. But the doctor don't gave me a medicine to take.
I got it to ... my only solution to sleep is a high powered fan at the foot of my bed
I too am experiencing what seems to be micro-myiasis (a possible infestation or breeding? of several forms of tiny and almost microscopic flies) for over a year and have been trying to convince my doctor to no avail. (Note: I also have type O negative blood type.) After seeing an article linking it to Morgellons, I am planning to try to contact the Morgellons research center at the University of Oklahoma as well as a parasitology lab I just heard about run by someone named Dr. Amin. Has anyone out there had any luck getting a diagnosis yet??
Same here! Ive noticed for about a month now the same tiny fly following me around literally EVERYWHERE. Im not exaggerating, its with me in the house, i see it when im at school in every classroom, it follows me in the hallways at school, i see it when im at the mall too! It only comes near me for about 5 seconds then flies away until i see it again at another room or place i go too. And i am very hygienic aswell, I wash my hair regularly and wear Deodorant. I honestly feel that there is a spiritual meaning to this though. I feel like its my grandfather watching over me and protecting me everywhere I go but im not sure. The fly isnt annoying, but its everywhere I am and im honestly surprised to how its even at school or the mall with me inside stores.
I went to the doctor to see what inside my lungs but they found nothing. I am waiting to the result of biopsy. I hope they will find something there about these problem. Please email me if you have any idea about these.
The result of my bronchial washing cytology is "Reactive broncial epithelial cell macrophages present" the doctor said it is normal. And they found out that i have a 0.4cm pulmonary nodules. Anyone give a comment please. Or contact me at yahoo com my account is drannisya
Try to test your breath to the dogs if they react.
Since the doctor found nothing in my lungs and airways. I like to think that it is because of my blood because blood is responsible of releasing CO2.
I think president obama have same problem too.
Oh my god thats crazy , the exact same thing. And specially I alway catch it more so flying in front of the left side of me. This is insane and you posted this back in 06 , wow . I don't know what this means , why does it follow me. I couldn't read all the prior comments.
Exactly same thing happening with me.
Fly attraction mystery solved

The problem has to do with a unique chemical in your body and a bacteria in the water you bathe in, drink and wash your food with.

I have been a severe attraction to various gnats, fruit flies and tiny moths for two years and have tried everything I could think of to no avail, until the idea of installing a UV light, with a 30 micron roped and 5 micron carbon filter, dawned on me and within two months the flies have disappeared and life is back to normal.

To speed things up seal any cracks in your house and put four, 1 liter plastic bottles, with three 1/4" holes near the top, each filled one-third from four eggs blended in a gallon of water and hang them outside around your house. It will take a few days for the eggs to stink and attract the flies and they need to be refreshed every two weeks. The flies cannot get out once inside. Remove any garbage or compost that is attracting the flies.

EM1 works wonders on the kitchen compost by eliminating the odor of decaying vegetables and fruit.

In the meantime make a bug spray:

8 oz water
8 drops Lemongrass oil
8 drops Cedar wood oil
8 drops peppermint or any mint oil
8 drops Citronella oil

Mix and while closing your eyes, liberally apply to head, face and ears from a spray bottle.

The insects will initially be active because of the water, however once the water dries the insects will stay away for an hour or so. Use as often as needed.

Cover your head with an inverted T-shirt and have the sleeves pulled back secured by a clothespin.

I have the same problem but don't worry, one day I'm going to end all life of these insets on the planet
It turns out the UV light was not the complete answer for me  as the tiny eye gnats continued to be attracted to me, however after installing the UV light the insect traffic was much less, so after some more thinking I realized I am allergic to the sun because of the red spots I get when I get some rays.

My back was all bumpy and these red sores were all over my head and neck.

So I began wearing a hat with a cloth hanging down to my shoulders and a long-sleeved white shirt when I go outside. Now the red spots are healing and the insect attraction is for the most part over.

They are not living on me 24/7 like the last two years.

I can now sleep through the night without being disturbed.

This was a very complex, unique and individualized situation and I now realize why the doctors and entomologists could not provide an answer.
One more thing that will help with the struggle to squash these extremely fast and tiny insects is to fold a dry, rough hand towel three time to make a square that will fit into your hand.

The towel should be the fast drying kind that has rough ridges.

Keep the towel with you and when the insect begins crawling and digging on your skin smash it with the towel.

They seem to not be able to get out of the way of the larger surface of the towel as opposed to the smaller area of the hand or it intimidates them and they leave.

At least you might find some peace.
Before showering wash your head and face with 5% Heinz Cleaning Vinegar and leave on for 20 minutes.

Wash with soap and rinse then put Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay on and leave for 20 minutes or until dry then rinse.

Although the UV light and covering my head from the sun helped,  the vinegar / clay treatment ended the insect attraction.

I believe it was the sores from the sun that caused the bacteria the moths and gnats liked, as they are foragers.
Take the offensive.

Put 91% isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle and when the insects are on the wall or screen spray them.

They will fall and can easily be squished.

This kills mosquitoes in mid-flight instantly.

The alcohol evaporates and doesn't stain anything.

Be careful not to get any alcohol in your eyes.
I remember you awhile reading this in i found it very funny,no longer funny any longer....it take all your self-esteem....i take at least 4 showers a day very clean in as always same results ...it bother me so much & i gone through it so long now ...i like give details as well..i hate the summers thats when i see it the most . i notice its when i swet in it dont take much .i did a theory this summer..i play basketball will hard into i swetted out ,the minute i sit down rather gnats not mosquitos gnats bomb on me ..i get up sit another spot ,they follower .no matter where i go it seems a fly pop up out of nowhere..I'm mobile in when im in traffic i notice when i look at side mirrors outside of car they be just flying around at that spot lets say if im at red light....at the parks going on dates fly pop up out of nowhere in want go away .kinda bogus if u with a woman who dosent like bugs now u sitting there like u dont wash your *** look,but u do 3 r 4 times a day ...now i notice that bees are hanging around also .if they not in air they on ground flying near the feets close by ...i fill like something wrong with me .we all human in we know when the body dosent fill the same or strange stuff going on that u cant explain to average person without them thinking u crazy or retarded..it make u well make me fill low alot that i hang to myself ,a looner.i keep saying i wishi can have my life back .now i wonder if i have a feces smell which i cant smell but others do ...lest face these type of insects come around cause A u funky ,dead smell,or ****** smell.gnates flies bees low a rotton smell .yall are not alone