Hand movements during sleep
Back in February, I was having some very strong night jolts (not twitches). I was ill and under a-lot of stress. I have taken magnesium and eaten any banana I could get my hands on and it seemed to help.

However yet, just prior to my waking up-am finding my hands move. Suddenly closing (forming a "C" shape) and at no will of my own. Occasionally, a shoulder will shrug.

Is this common?
yes when you sleep you move your subconscious is a;ways working its not uncommon to have more movement when you are stressed.  I have awakened from dreams where i am being choked to find my own hands are on my throat so yes that can happen.  I also remeber hearing that when we dream that we always wake up before we die in a dream for me this is true.  I have fallen off a mountain only to wake up before i hit the gtound enough to startle me straight out of bed.  Its normal. good luck
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Kate