Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hard to Breathe and Lightheaded
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard to Breathe and Lightheaded

For the last two weeks or so, it has been difficult to breathe and my chest feels constricted. Whenever I lay down and get up and I start walking, my vision goes fuzzy then I see only blackness, and then the blackness gradually goes away within 10-15 seconds. I know that happens to a lot of people when they get up too fast, but it has been happening to me the last two weeks all the time! And my difficulty breathing isn't bad to where I think i need an oxygen tank, but it feels harder than usual to breathe and doesn't seem normal, and is kinda scary. I'm only 18 and I just moved from California to Idaho, and possibly the elevation may have something to do with it, I'm not sure. Is this something I should be worried about? Or should I just let it play out and hope that it goes away?
4 Comments
Blank
1613542_tn?1366472143
It could be the elevation change, it may also very well be allergies. Since you are seeing black spots I think you should get checked out. You do not want to take the chance of it getting worse and put yourself in danger. I have not had allergy problems in years but recently began feeling dizzy and my breathing was like I could not get a deep breath it was very shallow. I went to the dr and he gave me an inhaler and I could not believe the difference after I used it! It is nice to get a lung full of air. Best wishes, Sissie
Blank
I agree it could be allergies and/or elevation. However, it would be best to check with a Dr. to be sure. You could also be experiencing stress and anxiety. I`m dealing with anxiety off the chart again due to many issues, including medical. Anxiety will do more than you think, so please see a Dr. Keep us posted. Hope You feel better.
Blank
4851940_tn?1385441629
You need to see your doctor about this.

The black spots that you are seeing and with you having difficulty breathing could be that you are anaemic.

The breathing problem and constriction in your chest could also be from a chest infection or a breathing disorder like asthma.

Go to your doctor so that he can check your blood for anaemia and listen to your chest for any infections and also do a lung function test to check you for asthma.

Best wishes.
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
You could have a tilt table test to find out what's going on.  Just describe it to your doctor.  Because of your age, most likely you will outgrow this.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank