Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Headache, general discomfort and sometimes some fits. What should I do?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Headache, general discomfort and sometimes some fits. What should I do?

So it's been 3 days now that i kinda have a mild headache. I have some fits, actually only my left eye is shaken at times, probably it's the light or something. I don't know. It's been, though, since last November that I've been having aches all around, for 6 some months i've been having also a mild/severe pain on the back of my neck, right below my head, so i suppose I can define it by back upper neck. My armpits hurt every now and then, very mild discomfort that i don't recall having before November 2011. Other discomforts include stomach-ache, that lately isn't even hurting.

I fear it is a brain tumor because of the fits and the headache?!? Maybe I just got a little cold so I'm having this headache for a few days.

Though it's about a year that I'm not feeling good as I did before. I have done some blood tests, like 5 or more, since April of this year but after the last blood test I didn't do anything because all the test come up very perfect, even a PCR blood test i did in January came completely clean.

So any help please? Any suggestions what could I do or what can it all be?
Out of curiousity, did your blood tests include iron testing? Not the blood tests that give you hemoglobin, hematocrit and RBC, which can all turn out normal, but another test drs can do, if they have been on the ball to your symptoms, are for iron related to iron overload.

I have become an advocate for the awareness of iron overload disease, as it is so common and yet undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, as the symptoms overlap many other common disease, yet all the tests for those come up empty...early warning signs are some of what you describe.

I know there are some people probably rolling their eyes right now...here she goes again, but when things are undiagnosed, there are reasons for people to feel the way they do, and having drs tell you you'll just have to live with it or get used to it, well, some things do have an explanation.

They are human beings just like us, and they make mistakes. Ours along the way did, for over 10 years. Now the damage is done, but we have some answers, finally.

The answers have been astounding. The information is there at our fingertips, awareness is too far behind, and it seems unless there is a prescription at the end of it for the dr to write they lose interest or look in another direction.

The term for iron overload is hemochromatosis, and there is a genetic mutation that causes this disorder. I encourage everyone to look it up. At least once and it never hurts to inform ourselves of new things...in doing so we can pay it forward some day...even if it isn't what is wrong with us.

In talking to people and sharing, I have met more and more that say, hey I know someone who has that! Or my mom and Dad have that, and me and my brother are supposed to be checked but we haven't bothered yet, etc...

In the meantime, it is silently doing inner damage. Early detection is so important. That's why I keep telling people about it when they ask about their symptoms such as yours. I only hope it helps, like everyone else who is here and have their own personal experiences and ideas. One day, one will click.

Take care...
some headheaches are migraines which can be severe can cause spots on eyes sensitvve to light .it can stop you doing your day to day chores can even more where you have to stay in bed dont know about fits could be a bad virus
Thanks I'm definitely going to check that out too.

Thanks again.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I've heard of migrane (migraine) beafore but I don't really know how it works. Is one born with it or it can grow later. I mean i haven't had these problems and aches forever.

I didn't mention above, and probably it isn't even anything to add, but these last days I haven't been able to sleep well. I sleep for about 5 hours then i wake up and i find it hard to fall asleep again.

Thanks again. :)
One more thing. May it be because I donated blood a few months ago?
Did they check your blood levels before you donated...If your hemoglobin etc were too low they wouldn`t let you donate, as is my understanding...my husband has been giving a pint of blood each week for his phlebotomy and his hemoglobin, which was high to begin with, has now dropped farely low, and he really felt the difference last week, but it recovers in a couple days, with feelings of lightheadness and dizzy for a few days, not usually as long as you describe, especially after a few months...
yea of course they checked everything in my blood. they did a lot of tests. so it can't be that.