Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
How high is too high a fever in an adult?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have a fever that went as high as 101.9F last night or 38.83C and is currently down to normal 99.3F or 37.4 (well normal for me anyway, my body temperature is normally around 98.8F-99.7F because of my fibromyalgia).

To get my temperature down took some paracetamol, and a cool bath.

My glands, throat, and head are sore, as well as the middle of my stomach. Should I go seek medical assistance, it could be just the flue after all, and not much to be done about that. The problem is when my temperature goes above 101F or 38.3C I start to hallucinate. I always have and probably always will when I get a higher temperature. It's that bad when my fever was at it's highest I woke up and saw my Grandma standing beside my bed. Now this wouldn't be any cause for alarm you may be thinking, the problem is my Grandmother has been dead for 10 years.

So either I had a visit from beyond the grave (not above the realm of possibility if you believe in that sort of thing), or most likely I had a hallucination of her standing there.

Is it normal to see things with a high temp or should I seek medical help?

This discussion is related to Fluctuating Body Temperature.
You should go and seek medical assistance. You have to remember that there are times when the flu can be fatal. The fever indicate that you might be fighting some sought of infection you know nothing about which may be producing flu like symptoms. The heat from the fever is to much for your brain to bear which in turn might cause you to hallucinate. The best thing to do right now is to visit your doctor or go the emergency room and explain your symptoms including your fluctuating temperature and your fever and your hallucinations. Visit your doctor
I would definitely see a doctor right away, especially if you hallucinate with a fever.
i think you should seek medical advice you should not be hullinating
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is no fixed criteria for a dangerously high fever. Generally temperatures above 1010F would be a cause of concern, but if you have symptoms much before that then you should consult a doctor immediately. Some people hallucinate when they have fever without any cause, however usually it is taken as a sign of irritation of brain. Hence rush to a doctor immediately.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!