Hypnosis for treating nightmares
Has anyone received relief from nightmares through hypnosis?  What about shock therapy?
My husband has PTSD and within the last year they perscribed blood pressure medicine at night and this has helped with his nightmares. (he does not have blood pressure issues) they say by reducing the bp while sleeping it helps.
I have PTSD and have also experience a great deal of relief from a blood pressure medication (guanfacine-- I'm 21 and have average bp)-- although I've read somewhere that there's supposedly one that's more effective. Definitely worth a try unless you have abnormally low blood pressure.
Hypnosis works well.

Also daily exposure to sunshine for 45 minutes per day.

I wouldn't mess with blood pressure.
Not through hypnosis, no.  Psychotherapy worked well for me.  Resolving underlying issues and themes mean that you don't end up processing the material in your subconscious.  The doctor on the mental health expert forum would be a good person to discuss this with.  He is currently away though.  Not sure when he will be back.

Some people have found that emdr works well.

I would not recommend ect to anybody, ever.  I think there is a better and more effective way to resolve this problem.

Have you been to a psychiatrist?  Have you spoken to a psychotherapist?
Jaquta, I've tried therapy and EMDR.  Nothing works and it's clear that this is not an emotional issue but rather physiological.

Caregiver222, did you personally get rid of your nightmares via hypnosis?