Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I have Swelling of my Feet, Ankles, and Lower Legs...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

7647393?1328204731
I also have a question about swollen feet, ankles, and legs. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing swollen feet ankles and now it's even moving up my legs from my calves to just above my knees even. the feet are so bad recently that it feels like the skin on them is going to burst open. Especially in the morning when I first wake up and get out of bed because they have been not used all night and when I first step out of bed the skin is pulled so tightly do to the swelling it is very painful. I also drink quite a bit. I drink vodka pretty much daily and about 2 pints a day of it. I thought perhaps this was the cause so I cut way back for a week but that seemed to do nothing to help it really. it seems to be getting worse week after week. I am really beginning to grow concerned as to why this is getting worse not better. I have been monitoring my temperature several times a day and it has always been normal. So I seriously doubt it is an infection because I have no signs that go along with infection such as, fever, cold sweets, shaking, feeling sick, etc. a few days ago my right foot was itching quite a bit so I was scratching it, the next day where I was scratching turned into open wounds, so I have been putting rubbing alcohol on those wounds several times a day and then Neosporin on , to ensure that I do not get an infection. I've been looking online and there are quite a few things it could be. As I said I've pretty much ruled out infection, I don't think it is my salt intake because I don't really use it, it's not caused from being on my feet all day because I am not. I was beginning to be concerned when I read an article about heart failure, because I already have issues with my heart (an artificial Tricuspid valve and pace maker). I called my cardiologist and told him of the swelling issues I was having with my feet and ankles 2 weeks ago and told him I was concerned about heart failure. He told me not to worry about it because and I quote, " I see swollen feet everyday, I'm pretty sure you don't have heart failure because you do not have the other symptoms that go along with it, chest pain, excessive shortness or breath, etc." Well that was a relief , so I'm thinking perhaps it could be liver failure? I have Hep-C and have had it for about 10 years now. As I said I drink quite a bit daily, so perhaps my liver is shutting down? What do you think and what do you think I can do to try and get this swelling to go down and hopefully away for good? Please E-mail me your answer or copy and paste what you write here into an E-mail and send it to my e-mail account on this site my username is "CRyoul". Because I've never been to this site before and doubt I will be able to find it again =). Thank you for your help with this matter. btw I am 36 years old. White Male. if that matters at all when it comes to this issue. Thanks again. Chris

-  OK I just Uploaded the pictures of the swollen feet, Ankles, and Lower Legs to my profile.  To get a better idea of what I'm talking about please view my Profile "CRyoul" and click on my photos, and then select the album titled "Swollen Feet, Ankles, and Lower Legs 2-1-2012".  Thank you very much for your help with this matter, I welcome any and all feedback, suggestions, advice, or opinions on this matter.  - Chris =)
you have adema    could possibly be heart failure you should see a doctor immediatly
have u seen ur GP coz it could be u have diabetes ?? i know someone whos feet ankles n legs do that and they have diabetes so i think u should see ur doc get ur blood tested
I haven't seen a doctor yet.  I did show my cardiologist my feet about 2-3 weeks ago when I last saw him but they were only slightly swollen then, nothing like they are now.  I plan on going over to the ER tomorrow if I wake up and they are still looking similar to the picture.  Today I spent 5 hours waiting at the hospital to see the charity care woman and fill out that paperwork because I have to health insurance to pay for a ER or doc visit right now.  so after I finished that I was too tired to go sit in the ER for the rest of the night, so I will go back over there tomorrow morning and sit there all day tomorrow.  I will post what the ER doc tells me tomorrow.  I'm relaly curious as to see exactly what it is, what is causing it and how I can fix it.  hopefully I will get some kind of decent diagnosis tom. in the ER..
Thanks for all the input and please, anymore comments, advice, suggestions, opinions, etc. are more than welcomed .  
Thnk-you   - Chris =)
See a Dr ASAP. It might not be heart failure but kidney/liver failure, lympodemia (swollen & possibly dead lymph nodes), and diabetes. Hopefully it's nothing that serious - but these are all extremely serious and life endangering diseases that it could be.

Also don't put too much in store in that thermometer. My uncle's misfired and so he waited a whole day to go back to the hospital. I don't know if it would have saved his life if he went in earlier, but maybe. By the time he got there his infection was shutting down his organs and he went into shock a few hours later.  
Yeah I have to different digital thermometers, just for that reason.  You just can't trust those things half the time, and to be honest I have found the old mercury therms to work the best, it's just a matter of tilting them just right to be able to read them.  Thanks for the input though it was very helpful..
Chris