Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Is there a blood test for Gluten intollerance?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had IBS for several years now and have been eating a lot of oatmeal because that is one of the foods that are recommended for this diet. Does oatmeal contain gluten? Is there a blood test for gluten intollerance that you can have done?

Please send any information to this e-mail address:    ***@****

Thanks,  Marilla
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Gluten is a complex protein present in four main grains---wheat, rye, barley and oats. If you have gluten intolerance, then you probably have celiac disease or Non Celiac gluten sensitivity. There are blood tests called celiac test to detect gluten intolerance. You should consult a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system).
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for the information...
                                    Angene