Knee problem, bone appears to be sticking out.
Six days ago I felt some pain in my right knee.  There was a lump sticking out of my knee.  I went to the dr. and he said it was fluid under the knee cap pushing the bone out.  There was nothing he could do.  Take Ibuprofen and take it easy.  How long should I wait before getting a second opinion.  The lump is a bone protuding about half an inch on the outside.  It doesn't hurt all the time after I walk on it for awhile it aches.  I am 26 years old.  I don't want to be hurting my knee by walking on it.  I am very concerned with this, I don't see how I can return to work since I can't stand on it for any continuious period of time.  Dr. said to basically work through it.  Do you think I will cause more injury?  It doesn't seem right.  Does the diagnosis sound legit I guess is my question, has anyone else had fluid under there knee cap?  No tests were ran he just felt by bad knee then the normal one and watched me walk and extended my leg.
look up osgood slater's....it's a benign bony protuberance of the knee cap...are you athletic? it could be this.

good luck
I am not athletic although I was when I was younger, 15-19.  I played softball.  But I do work in a profession that is very physically demanding, so that could be it.  Thanks.
A related discussion, sticks, stick out of my knee was started.