Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Low Blood Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Low Blood Pressure

I went to the Dr. with a list of the following symptoms that have occured within this past year... rash , hip pain, sore throat and swollen lymph nodes.  I am having a CBC but she feels it is exhaustion.  She was not concerned my Blood Pressure was low but her nurse seemed alarmed when she took it.  It was 88/60 something, is this low?  What are causes of low blood pressure?  Anyone know?
That's pretty low. There are many causes, and you probably shoud google it.
Yeah, I agree that is pretty low.  My blood pressure runs low too but not that low - so does my temp - (usually around 97)
I am hypothyroid and I read somewhere a while back that it can cause low BP and temp.  Let us know what you find out
I have had mine this low but rarely and only when late at night, just before bed or just when waking.
If I were you, I would invest in a decent BP monitor and monitor yourself throughout the day (begining just when you wake and before you get out of bed) and keep a log. Take this to log to your doctor.
With that, I would take your monitor and compare readings with yours versus theirs.
my blood pressure is usually 80/44 to 88/52 my cardiologist says that is great nothing to worry about unless i was dizzy or passing out i should be happy to have such a low blood pressure.
A blood pressure of 88/60 is low, but not dangerously low.  It may be that the medical assistant (who is not a nurse, but often called a nurse)took the pressure incorrectly, or doesn't see very many low pressures. It was unprofessional of that person to gasp or upset you with her findings.  Your blood pressure is fine.  Low pressures are often found in people who are exhaused.  Good luck.
>sore throat and swollen lymph nodes<

Possibly indicative of an infection. Did your Dr. take a culture of your throat?

I'm not a medical expert, but though you might want to at least check this website out to see if perhaps you might be hypothyroid. Blood work can come back as "normal" for this condition but it still be possible to have it.
Here's the link: (Best of luck to you)(by the way, I am hypothyroid and my blood pressure always tends towards the low side 98/76 among other symptoms)

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/hypochecklist.htm