Lower Left Abdo Pain
a year ago i was stabbed and nearly died my apendix was severed and remove, but since i have had severe pain in my abdo area i've been seen several times but no one can understand why I'm still in pain, my symptoms are that i have severe pain in the abdo area radiating to the back heavy number of stools about 3-4times per day vomiting and twitching stomach when laying you can sometimes see my left lower abdo area seems to flutter also my stomach is heavily distended. I'm sick of being fobbed off I've been passed between doctor to doctor all saying that i needed to see them as they can sort me out. WHATS WRONG WITH ME PLEASE??????
It sounds like scar tissue. I had my appendix removed in 02 and I still have pain from it. They told me it is scar tissue- which can attach to your intestines and sometimes cause an obstruction. Might want to ask your doc about it
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Agreed! Your problem can be due to scar tissue. Scar tissue causes adhesions. Adhesion related disorders have varied symptoms. You should look at other possible causes like Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Chronic intestinal obstruction, cancer of the gut (even metastasis), tuberculosis of the gut, are all cases that develop variable symptoms like yours over a period of time. GERD also causes pain with vomiting.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

hi there my partner asked me to keep everyone informed if anything happened anyway there was a massive development today my partner collapsed and was rushed to the ed/er and they said that he was suffering from an aortic dissection  he is at the moment he is in surgery and im scared out of my mind thank you to you for your advice to him and i will keep you informed on how he gets on in the next few days apologies for disturbing you.

Louisa
We'll all pray for your partner. All the best! Take care.