Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Muscle twitches and more

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Muscle twitches and more

for approx 5 months on and off I have had general twitches all over, including toes and fingers moving on their own (I am 38 male). besides that I shake a lot, previously told I have Dystonic tremor, I have had the shakes sinse my teens. The other symptoms are I feel I slur my speech and my mouth/jaw strugles to move as fast as i want it to, mornings are worst. I get tired from talking a lot (however I try to explain this part my speech is just not normal). Normally I swim 1km per day, the last two weeks this is getting very hard to complete. Fine movements are very difficult, such as using chopsticks or putting a screw on the end of a screwdriver. Also my weight this time has dropped from over approx 100kg to about 86kg, the main weight loss has been bum and legs. I am generally very tired. 5 months back i had mri, which ruled out ms, I also had emc test and was told to stop worring and its stress. I did put it behind me for some months but its still there and in my opinion getting worse...I am also quiet nasally and have phlegm but no cold/flu. I have crohn's but under control.
Have you seen a neurologist? If not I would go or go back because of the weight loss and getting more tired, and you are getting worse.
I just went to a neurologist and my b12 and vitamin d levels were beyond low and I have  very similar symptoms as yours he has issued a eeg Oct 21st..but my hands shake really bad and I have muscle twitches all over involuntary..so I would suggest a neurologist bc I am on the path to figuring out my problem... I wish u well as I am only 33 myself and feel like I am just exsisting not living life like normal healthy people.  I will pray for you:)
Well, for dystonic tremor it is benign but needs to be treated with drugs like Neurontin or Topamax etc. But you have some symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency and it is good that the other poster brought it up.  The speech problems, stomach problems, tiredness can be due to B12 deficiency. Also it can cause damage to the nervous system, shortness of breath, tingling or burning of extremities , dementia etc. I also again worry about your weight loss. You should also get screened for Parkinsons even though you are young. If they haven't done an MRI they should, a B12 level and some other neurological tests to see where you are at this point. If it is "just" the dystonic tremor if you are not on meds or even if you are they should try you on something or something new.
take care,
mkh9