Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Navel Pain and Negative CT Scans

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Navel Pain and Negative CT Scans

Two Months ago I had horrible pain in my belly button. I went to the walk-in center and was given a CT Scan. It returned negative. I was given pain medication and sent on my way. 4 days ago the pain came back, slowly at first. I saw my Dr. and was given a oral and iv contrast ct scan and blood work. All came back negative. I have been referred to a surgeon, but not until next week, I was given no pain medicine other than Motrin. (although it has helped the pain a bit). I also have been having some nausea. The pain is also spreading above my belly button, the worst of it is when I bend. Also  I am not pregnant but have not had my period for 2 months, I am a 25 year old female. What is could be happening to me?  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
With CT scan appendicitis and umbilical hernia would have been ruled out. Then this pain can be due to gas, cystitis, endometriosis, urinary bladder infection or due to an abscess in the umbilicus. Please discuss these possibilities with a doctor. Take omeprazole and antacids and see if it helps.
Take care!
Thank-you for your answer. I just got a letter from my Dr. saying that my hormones are lower then she expected and have been referred to a gynecologist.
Just wanted to update you on my status. For anyone else going through this same issue. Went to the ER after pain kept rising and belly button popped out. After an ultrasound and high white blood count, I was diagnosed with a infected cyst and a very small hernia. I will be having surgery next week for it.