PAIN IN LEFT TEMPLE
WHEN I COUGHT OR SNEEZE I GET THIS PAIN IN MY LEFT TEMPLE THAT TAKES HOURS BEFORE IT GOES AWAY. WHAT CAN THIS BE?

Headache on coughing or sneezing is a kind of exertional headache. It is called cough headache. Primary cough headaches strike suddenly after coughing or other types of straining. They typically last a few seconds to a few minutes. Some primary cough headaches last up to 30 minutes.

The pain of a primary cough headache is often described as sharp, stabbing or splitting. You may feel the pain on both sides of your head and at the back of your skull. This type of headache is more common in men.

Primary cough headaches aren't cause for concern. But it's a good idea to consult your doctor if you routinely experience sudden headaches after coughing — especially if the headaches are frequent or severe.

Diagnosis is by MRI brain.

Mostly self limiting. But if severe then some OTC pain killers can be taken. To prevent primary cough headaches, your doctor may recommend preventive therapy with indomethacin. This medication helps reduce pressure within the brain. Other options for preventive therapy may include acetazolamide or topiramate. To prevent primary cough headaches, avoid coughing. Treat lung infections, such as bronchitis, and avoid cough-inducing medications

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00639.html

Pls keep us posted if you need any more information.

Regards.
that makes sense but even when i sneeze its the same thing. I dont have a cold or the flu neither. I had a cat scan with dye done and everything came out fine.

There can be many reasons for pain in the temple on coughing. The most common cause is chronic sinusitis or allergic sinusitis.
Other cause can be TMJ or jaw clenching. I would suggest you to please schedule an appointment with your physician and undergo a complete clinical examination. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.