Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain Under Ribs and By Stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain Under Ribs and By Stomach

Under my right ribs, right underneath them, I sometimes feel a pain on the front side of my body, and sometimes down further. I've done some research (looking at anatomy pictures) but does anyone know what organs are right underneath your right ribs AND if it could be anything else, such as muscle pain/cramp. (Kidneys, pancreas, what?)

the organs right under the right ribs include:
The gall bladder, bile ducts, liver, some part of the intestines, pancreas and the pancreatic duct, other than the usual blood vessels and nerves.

what is the type of pain that you develop? Is it severe or mild? Intermittent or continous?

Is it related to any bowel changes you may have noticed? appetite fluctuations?

Finally, what is your age and sex?

Please let us know more about this to help you better.

Best regards
Question for any MD -  RE : Female -45
Moderate to severe pain, Under ribs, Across abdomen, above stomach,
Appitite fluctuation, feel more hungry, but also stuffed and bloated,
Possible  impacted intestines ????
Dulcolax stool softener so far hasn't helped, thinking that
maybe that only works lower down, in the actual STOMACH ???
Not sure what to do, Tempted to eat pineapple, to try and "shove" it through ??
Or would that make it even worse ? Please help. Thanks.
I would check gall bladder and appendix.  I have had both removed, and yes, they do cause pain!  Also, pain can radiate from the location of these organs (my gall bladder felt like pain was in my back, and ruptured appendix , pain was allover my stomach area).
I would get to a Dr. and be checked.  If it happens to be either of these, the pain will continue to become worse.
I have asked my doctors to research my ongoing pain. I discovered all the effects in the gallbladder attach.com but the pain is on my left and not right where the gallblader (gallbladder) is located. I have those shoulder blade pain, froms constipation to soft bowel reactions Plust it gets worst during my menstrual cycle. The pain is bad....I am going finally to the Gastro on Tuesday.
I have pain under my right rib and went through all the test to rule out Gall Bladder.  I am on very blan diet but the pain arises when I exercise. Could it be muscles?  If so, any recommened exercises? I am a 40 yr old female who recently lost 50 lbs.