Pain after drinking alcohol
I find that after a night out drinking, i wake up with pains in the top of my arms, under my armpits, across my chest and down my ribs. The pain feels like when you press on a bruise. Its very tender and the pain usually last 24-48 hours.

Anyone know what this could be? Thanks.

It sounds like alcohol myopathy. Alcohol intake in excess can cause alcoholic myopathy. The severe form of acute alcoholic myopathy is associated with the sudden onset of muscle pain, swelling, and weakness; a reddish tinge in the urine caused by myoglobin, a breakdown product of muscle excreted in the urine; and a rapid rise in muscle enzymes in the blood.

Avoidance of alcohol is the main treatment available.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Hi.. I also have the same feelings of bruised upper arms, chest, back & neck the day or two after I drink alcohol.  
I know you said avoiding alcohol is the main treatment, but is it ok to drink alcohol occasionally?
Are there any long term effects from this acute alcoholic myopathy??
Is it ok to drink one or 2 drinks??  
Ive never had any other health problems & I get regular physicals where everything has seemed to be fine.  
Is there anything else I should know about this myopathy??
Thankyou SO much!