Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in back, Chest, Jaw

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pain in back, Chest, Jaw

I have had Heart Stress Test with LVEF of 67%, All blood work comes back as normal for kidney & Liver Function, Thyroid function normal, all other general bloods normal, Blood Pressure within normal range, chest xray normal, tested once for cardiac enzeymes when I had the below feelings and came back normal. ECG's came back normal, Holter Monitor came back normal after 24 hours of wearing (although didnt have and feelings below in that period) I have been diagnosed as having Panic Disorder/Anxiety and take Xanax .25mg 3 times daily. I do not smoke, drink, have caffeine or artificial stimulants (choclate, tea, coffee, energy drinks etc.) I work in a Retail Sales environment running my own business with 10 staff. I am Male, 37, 175cm high, 80kg's.
I am told that my symptons are all associated with stress/worry etc, but they are real.
My heart races, I get hot flushes, pins&needles (tingling) in arms and legs, I get pain in my back on the upper left, my jaw sometimes hurts like a tooth ache, and i get a stabbing feeling in the upper left of my chest like someone is poking me with a pin just under the skin but ontop of the ribcage, also I get tighting of my skin across my shoulders and upper arms as if its being stretched. The odd headache in the temple region that is sharp and pusle's in and out( as if being hit ) that runs through to my eyeballs. Get pain in my neck that runs up the left side just under my jaw (where you feel your pulse). Also get that feeling of impending doom (ie I'm gonna drop dead or die). Both my doctors say my heart is fine, but why do I still get these physical symptoms, is there something they are missing or should be checking for. Should I be seeing a physcologist? I can go awhile without worry then it'll start, and it sometimes starts as soon as I wake before even getting out of bed. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Avatar n tn
Sounds like the retail enironment is definitely getting the best of you. You've already been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder, so that's big part of what you feel. Are you the kind of person to keep a lot inside or do you have a close friend, pastor, family member whom you can share your heart with? I've found that having a support system--someone who will let me vent or just talk--helps relieve my anxiety. I'm still learning how to pray and turn things over to God better than I do.....sometimes he provides someone with "skin on" just to give me a hug....surround yourself with encouraging people, if possible.
Avatar n tn
Hi, I leave in india. Even i have the symptoms. I went to a cardilogist, he said my heart was very much fine. He gave me SERTA 0.25 mg 1 per day after breakfast. One of the doctor asked me to meditate and relax my mind, so i can get some relief from anxiety and stress.
Avatar n tn
I have some of the same occasional symptoms as you describe.  I believe it orignates from a tightening in the chest and then, since everything is connected, the chest pain moves to the jaw and sometimes to the head and then sometimes to the back in no apparent pattern.  I 'm of the opinion that this pain does not necessarily mean that something seriously is wrong.  

When I am successful at putting my mind elsewhere (watching TV, reading, walking around the block) I can mitigate the pain a bit (it comes and goes).  It may sound odd, but I have recently discovered that by simply swallowing, the pain abates for a bit.  Since eating and drinking involve swallowing this seems to help.  Also, since it affects the jaw, the jaw can be massaged from time to time (before you get the pain) to help release the pressure buildup and help lessen the number of painful episodes.