Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in the breast bone area and mid back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello, I have had mid back pain (between shoulder blases, but more pronounced on right side) for over a year now. I had xrays of my lungs done back in Jan 06 plus a wide variety of blood work, breast and abdominal ultrasound plus a spinal xray. All came back normal accept for one of the disks that look off in comparison to the others. If I remeber correctly I think my GP said that this was at T2. She prescribed physical therapy which helped somewhat but the pain never really subsided. Now my worry is that I feel pain next to the breast bone on the right side wich seems to radiate around that area. I have already been to my GP once again and have done blood work again plus another abdominal ultrasound which came back normal. Im very worried- I have a very sedentary job and sleep curled up, could this all be related to posture/muscle issues. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to panick.
it could definitely be related to posture issues.  Have you ever seen a chiro or do you do any yoga or pilates?  Those things have helped me with my pain in those areas.
Thank-you for your response. Yes I did do some work with a chiro initially earlier this year, but then stopped going once I started to feel better. I think I will restart once more. It will help with the pain and reassure me that this is indeed muscular. It sounds like you have pain in the same areas. My pain is of a burning sensation deep inside my chestin back, and if you press on that area it is very sore both in my back as well as my chest.
Hello, I too am suffering from exactly the same symptoms and a few additional ones.
I noticed it about 6 months ago.  It started with a serious throat infection, which gave me the symptoms of headache, dizzeness, enlarge neck glands, fatigue.
Then I started to get pains in my ribs.  It was like a pinching pain that would come and go, but would appear in different areas of the ribs.  Then it started in my back, and would travel around.  During this time I found a breast lump, and of course thought the worse that these symptoms were related to that.  The lump was checked out and was given the all clear. I had blood test and all came back normal.  The symptoms gradually disappeared until about 4 weeks ago.

I started getting pains in my leg and a cramping, then the hip.  Now the pain is in my ribs, back.  It is the same pinching/aching pain that travels round.  In some parts when you touch where the pain is it feels really sore/tender and as if bruised.
I have again found a lumps in the other breast, which I am waiting to get checked out.  My doctor does not think it is anything to worry about and it's glands thicking.  But this last week the tenderness in the breast bone has gotten worse and is so painful when I touch it.  It is on the left side where the first few ribs start.  I almost feels like there is a huge spot there that needs to be popped.
I do not know whether finding the breast lumps is me being over cautious and seeing things that are not there or weather it is realated.  I am also having blood tests for FIBROMYALGIA.
I can live with this, but would just like to know what it is and that it is not "C" related.