Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning
I am experiencing all of the symptoms described in this old thread fround in the STD forum.  It is not an STD, but no one knows that it is.  I can find no other mention of this problem on the internet, but it seems many have the same problem

"Hi, I have a very irritating problem. For the past 8 years, since I was a teenager, I've periodically had intense pain after ejaculation. This only happens once every 2 weeks or so, and I've had it from sex and masterbation.

This pain will happen anywhere from 5 min to 30 min after I ejaculate, and the pain will stop temporarily when I urinate, sometimes when I urinate it even feels good. This also causes me to feel like I constantly have to urinate. This pain always disappears after an hour or two, and never happens unless I ejaculate. I don't understand this at all because it only happens once in a while, and there is no common factor to relate it happening to sex and masterbation (as far as material objections like latex etc). It seems like there might be some slight swelling during this period of 1-2 hours also."

In my case, the pain has happened ever since I was a teenager a few times a week.  I actually only experienced it the last few years a handful of times, which almost made me forget about it, but now its happening every day with no change in my lifestyle/sexlife/diet. Anyone?

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STD/messages/1204.html

if anyone knows anything, please respond.
Well guys the problem is actually real simple. Friction! The tip of the penis is getting chafed. Its the same idea as if you got chafed legs and decided to go take bath in salt water or a vat of alcohol. Not the most comforting idea and actually makes me squirm thinking about.

Now part of the problem is hydration, but remeber that water is only part of hydrating, the other part is lipids(i.e. vitamin E, fats) Make sure that if you are working on the hydration part, that you supplement. As humans we hydrate from the inside out not the other way around. The one way to do this through foods is good oily tropical fruit. That and if you get *head* it makes the ejculate not taste so funky. Several good options are mango, pineapple, avacado, and lychees are supposed to really make it taste great.

Friction being the other part of the problem, a good lubricant is the best option. I suggest on the especially sensitive days that you use carmex. Just like you use on chapped lips, use on chafed wang. I personally always bring it with on mountain hikes for when I get chafed thighs. While any type of lip balm is useful I like the tingly medicated feel it has. Now its best to apply before sex or masterbation, not midway through. Reason being is that you have already started to inflame the glands there. If you do apply late make sure to possibly spend a little time in the bathroom wincing.

As for you chronic masterbaters, take it a little slower! Its not a race. You will win, just enjoy the journey while getting there. Just make sure you are well lubed.

Oh, just for good measure make sure you get screened for the regular STDs. I know it is real labor intensive to pull yourselves away from Stumbleupon, but I am pretty sure thats why laptops got invented! Well, that and mobile pron!

If you have any questions regarding this issue please feel free to email me at ***@****.

Ciao for now
I have the same problem. I have read all the comments and I have noticed, like alot of people, that it seems to have something to do with drinking alcohol. I have had the problem without drinking alcohol but if my memory serves me correclty, this was after repeated masturbation. I would speculate that drinking alcohol relaxes some muscles in that region and causes a strain to occur. With regards to the idea that friction is the cause, I think that this is valid so far as the burning at the tip of the penis during urination is concerned, but the other symptoms do not really fit that cause. I am going to see a doctor soon and so I will post after that with the professional opinion. Try not to worry too much lads, and if it gets too much, just stop masturbating (or having sex if you are fortunate enough) but I will say that online medical forums are sometimes bad because that can make you either get too worried about something or not pay something the proper attention.
I have chaffed it before when I was young, but this AINT due to chaffing.  Its definitely something on the inside of the peehole, right where the head connects to the shaft (bottom side).  Some days are worse than others... that makes it even more frustrating.  I took a month off from sex and masturbation, it helped none.  The ex must have a  voodoo doll with pins directly in it groin.  
I went ot the doctor and he was reassuring. Obviously I cant be sure that what people are describing here is the same as what I have experienced. He said that if it wasnt happening all the time it wasnt anything to be worried about. As its in my case. He said that men often occasionally get strage sensations after ejaculation.
Hey guys, great to see this forum...hehehaaaa..the moment I saw these posts I bursted out laughing as I coulndt believe so many are having same problem. Its been going on since many years to me and thorugh my experience I assume the BODY HEAT causes this problem.
Body heat is mainly increased due to foods like chicken, alchohol etc.
I have tried experimenting and when I dont have these I never got the pain.
How ever its reccomonded to visit the doctor.
Hope this helps.
wow, i have the same problem. so crazy. i sort of feel like it has something to do with when i masturbate and wipe my tip off with something dirty (dirty cloth, rag, even my finger) it is worse. i do not drink alcohol and i get it. maybe it has something to do with dehydration, it happened a couple minutes ago and i was in the desert earlier this morning, drinking a lot of water. so either too much or not enough liquid? peeing is only temporary relief. it only happens after masturbation, never after sex, only at night time. i am a strict vegetarian and am 28 years old, very healthy. maybe it has something to do with the ph??
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are various causes for pain at the tip of the penis. Exact diagnosis is difficult without examination. However here is a list of diseases that can cause pain at the tip of penis: genital herpes, infected prosthesis of the penis, infection under the foreskin of uncircumcised men (balanitis), inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), cancer of the penis, erection that does not go away (priapism), injury, Peyronie's disease, pimples, Reiter syndrome, sickle cell anemia, syphilis, and urethritis caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea. Also maintaining poor hygiene as in cleaning the tip with dirty things can cause balanitis or any other infection. You must get a STD panel done once since you are sexually active.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hey PainfulPenistip its me notAstd again.

Just wanted to check up on you to see if you have any updates since we are exactly in the same boat. Especially with the part when you said you could have swore she had a sharp thing in her vagina. It bothers me most during penetration and I get a sensation that sharp hairs were prickling me like thorns, the pain and discomfort it caused would usually put my man of steel into a pool of flaccid meat. So for awhile I thought it was maybe because of her fresh shaves, I told her to grow a bush and still the same sensation.

Checking with my hand there was nothing sharp to the touch.

Has for the burning during urination its extremely mild and not a problem. But the sensitivity and discomfort are the ultimate problem. I even have a tickly feeling in my urethra at times combined with a burning sensation that radiates from around the shaft area. Which can drive a person insane, but it comes and goes and has nothing to do with diet.

I think I am gonna go for another full check up combined with a cystoscope and a full Prostate checkup.

Ive been through Ciprox, Titro , Anti-Fungal Creams and something for bladder infections (forgot the name, made my **** red though). Absolutely nothing happened.

So far there is nothing that has enhanced my symptoms except for one thing. I was away from the fiance for about 8 months and took a 2 week vacation to go and see her and during those 2 weeks I absolutely had no problems. Those 2 weeks happened to be the only 2 weeks I was absolutely happy. Stress Related or a Coincidence? So I think about it again, 3 years ago when I graduated from university the degree of my symptoms got a lot better and it has stayed that way until now.

I have heard of people with similar problems that went through massage therapy called (Trigger Point Release) and had their problems solved. It was a problem related to the Bladder Valve muscle not opening and shutting correctly, hence why Hot/Warm water eases the pain. Maybe because it relieves the tension in the muscles?

Other than that my best guess is Chronic prostatitis for the time being.

So after extensive research I have narrowed it down to the following.

1)Trauma (that may have caused a stricture/scar tissue) (Cystoscope)
2)Bladder Valve muscle issues (Solution: Trigger Point Release Therapy)
3)Stress (Solution: Lots of Iron and anti-depressents)
4)Chronic Prostatitis (Prostate check up will help)

All of which are unknowns and will be pretty hard to sidebar. At least we are somewhere. Let me know what you think.
I have the same problem and I'm only sixteen. I'm not trying to come off as a baby but somebody please e-mail me at ***@****. I really wish to find a cure for this problem.
Wow!  This post bringsback BBAADDDD memories

I had this problem for years.  Long before ever drinking alcohol or having sex. I found the answer about 3 years ago and haven't had the problem since which is GREAT since it used to happen at least once or twice a month.  Just clamp down with the kegel muscle and don't ejaculate until the orgasm spasms stop.  ie Hold it in till you can't hold it in anymore.  This has the effect of making  the orgasm last longer and feel better.  It also gives your "plumbing" plenty of time to get setup.

Like I said, its cured me.  Good luck.
I have the same thing for about 8 years now, and it's gotten worse over the years.  I know that I have tried almost everything except kegel exercises and the holding it in till you can't any longer.
I stopped drinking caffeine, got on a better diet, I masturbate only 1 or 2 times a week for the most part.

One of my problems is I have to pee a lot, more often than most people so I like to pee RIGHT before I start anything, otherwise I usually have to pee in the middle of jerkin it, partly because I worry that I am going to have to pee so much that I do, like when someone tells you not to cough and then you feel like you have to immediately.

It happens to me about 50% of the time. Usually if I have to pee within 5 minutes after ejaculating it burns even if I don't pee.

These are all the things I've personally thought it could be from.

1. I have a problem peeing in public, "shy bladder". As a result there has been loads of times that I pushed out my pee forcefully, and I mean PUSHED. but doctors say "no".

2. I once (shortly before the problem started) did the classic zip up the goods after peeing, and I got it BAD, right in the tip, I could easily have some scar tissue. but doctors say "no".

3. STD, but nope, clean as a whistle.

4. I randomly will have really cloudy pee at random times a day, and if looked at RELLY closely you can see little pieces of something white floating around, and it BURNS like hell after I'm done, I got it tested and it wasn't jiz bits like I thought, it was phosphate crystals, THOUSANDS of em, but the top urologist in L.A. said that that wouldn't cause pain in any way and isn't a problem, ( doesn't make ANY sense to me, I thought we had figured it out)

I've gone to at least 6 doctors and 4 urologists about both of those problems with no results.

My most recent doctor is some hobby gobby guy, that I kind of feel is full of ****, but my mom insisted I give it a shot, and he said I have Reverse T3 ( Wilson's Syndrome ) and very low vitamin D levels.
( I also somehow have mono chillin' inside of me )
His solution is to have me drinking Asparagus extract tea every morning ( ******* grossest **** ever ) and taking all these homeopathic things and vitamin D pills.
Not a damn thing has changed, that was 6 months ago, but I have to admit I haven't been consistent with it, mostly because it's gross and I kind of think it's bull ****.

I had a cysto and they said everything is all good. ( worst experience of my life EVER by the way )

So now I've kind of lost hope, I think that I screwed up my Giz/Pee switch from pushing my pee out so many times and the phosphate crystals are from a lack of vitamin D. and since my urethra is so damn worked and scared and chaffed on the inside from all of this the crystals hurt like a ******* when they weren't supposed to.

But I'm glad I found this forum, first thing I've heard of other people having a lot of the same problems.

Update. I did a heavy metal test and I have REALLY high amounts of lead in my body, and mercury, it's the only thing they found.
I have to go once a week for five weeks and have an IV put in for an hour and a half that's going to fill me with stuff that gets rid of lead.
If it helps at all I will let everyone know.
ok i read up on the problem because i have it too. it seems to happen after i have sex and i need to take a fat ****. it has to do with the semen that is still inside your penis when you go to the bathroom as the semen and **** mix inside your wang they cause stinging to the lining of the inside of the penis which causes the feeling of pain in the tip of your penis. as you pee the pain subsides as it would when drinking water after eating a hot pepper but the pain returns as soon as the liquid is throw your penis. it last as long as 15-45min after sex or ejaculation. but no worries the only harm this causes you body is the stinging you feel other then that your A - OK to stop this from happening try pee'ing 30 min to an hour before or after you have sex or ejaculate. I hope this helps cause it bugged me for years. lol still douse when i am drunk ; )   safe Sex ahhhhh... just kidding ya
whats up every one? I am so greatful that i found this forum. i have been sufering for the past few years and i even accused women of giving me an std and later had to apologize after test came back negative.i am very sexualy active & also a frequent self pleaser. the tip of my penis burns constantly even as i type thisim squeezing ittrying to soothe it..i originally thoughti was burning from an std then eliminated that then i rememberd a few years back i sneezed while urinating & that was very painful & i never thought that was even possible but boy did it strain the hell out of my penis..anyways hot showers or baths do help but also dring plenty of water. i hate this uncomfortable feeling allday but im pleased to know there are people that understnd what i deal with on a daily basis
     As a kid, way before i ever came for the first time, I would have the same burning. It kinda made me feel like I had to pee, and peeing would give relief only momentarily, then it would return as soon as i finished peeing.
     Now I would say 95% of the time it happens after I ejaculate. Rarely will it happen independent of an orgasm. It makes sense to me that our internal valves are letting a bodily fluid back up in the wrong direction. I have noticed that if I make myself pee immediately after an orgasm, I avoid the whole ordeal.
Hey YetAnotherOne,

Just so you know I had a urinalysis that said I had phosphate crystals and have the exact same discomfort you have.

I think the Phosphate Crystals created an inflammation in the tract by irritating it.

Let me know what happens with your Mercury/Lead test. Could you be more detailed with the procedure exactly? and name of the examinations you went through?
I have the same symptoms as all of you and is almost comforting to know more than just me suffer from this condition! (not that I wish anyone to have this)!  I was just wondering if anyone also felt a really strong urge like having to pee along with the burning?  I know for me if I try to urinate while in this pain it makes things much worse.  It seems to only last about 45min to an hour though, but sometime the feeling lingers for a while after.  Anyone else feel like that?
This happened to me before i ever had sex as a kid so I knew it wasn't something I needed to see old cotton eyed joe about.

Funny thing is it rarely happens to me after sex but 7 out of 10 times when I walking my own snake. Why? It has to be in the motion that aggerivates the condition.

Im I alone I don't think so. Sex 1 out of 10 taming my shrew 7 out of 10 and only urinating helps me and time.

I hate this. Also when I was young I shook hands with the one eye pope alot. As many times a day as I could. Did I damage myself.

I want an answer? Prostate problems at age 13 don't seem right or does it happen to kids too.

is there anyone on here whos found any treatments or cures for this yet?
ive found that bactrim or cipro mainly bactrim will take this stingy away or subdue it.. and warm hot baths..if anyones had problems with testes pain please email me ***@****
So the procedure for the heavy metal stuff turned out to be bogus, I had more metal testing by my normal doctor (the one that told me I had high metals was a sort of homeopathic type of guy, not my typical doctor) and the results came back that I had completely normal metal levels, I think that homeopathic guy just wanted lots of my money.  

My vitamin d level is back to normal as well. So technically I'm in good health except for the random phosphate crystals that hurt like hell which still show up now and then, and the burning after the sperming. it goes up and down, haven't had it for a month or so but I can feel it coming on sometimes and I just drink tons of water, like 4 or 5 big glasses, till I feel like I can't take anymore,  that always helps, flush everything out, but that only works if you have easy access to a bathroom and don't mind going every ten minutes till you've peed out all the water. And it still hurts the first few times of peeing.

My doctor said I should go to a nephrologist, which is a doctor for kidneys case you dint know. So that's my next move,

btw - if i drink caffeine it's almost a guaranteed burn fest.  
I Keep on ejaculating all the time and my penis is always in pain lately and i dont know why?
My husband feels pain in his penis after having sex with me, a week ago. Its freaking me out, because I don't know if I was the one who had a problem or him. I have an irregular menstruation. I was confuse. please help!
I am also glad to find this forum, I have this problem frequently. It is the worst after masturbation, but it can be bad after vaginal sex as well. I think it is safe to say that all of us on here excluding women, masturbate too much...lol. i am having this pain right now, and figured i would check it out. what a relief, i knew it wasnt std cuz it is not everytime, mostly when i pull a double shift ...... if ya know what i mean. There is nothing you can do when it happens, just try not doing it so much........ I know right...lol good luck. Also a recovering alcoholic addict. Go dr. bob
Holy **** lmaoo u all have urinary tract infections 12 percent of men get them In there lives so it is not common I have one right now.u can have them for years n just not think nething of it but u need antibiotics to kill the infection becuz eventually it can spread to other parts of body example kidneys which is what hppened to me extremely painful get it checked out
This is due to ejaculating whilst your penis is on an angle. the tube inside your penis distorts and you need to blast out urine to make it straight again. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE TOILET AND URINATE WHILST YOUR PENIS IS STRAIGHT. AND THEN DRINK WATER AND DO IT A COUPLE TIMES. If you're in too much pain while waiting for the water to turn into urine, you can get an icepack and rest your penis on top of it BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG! maybe every 30 seconds give it a break. This problem is 100% normal and can happen to anyone and is not linked to any drug use or any sexually transmitted diseases.
I suspected that ejaculating at an angle theory is correct & also suggests that it can also happens if one is trying to withold their ejaculation. It happened to me quite badly when I was doing a combination of the above, I suggest that one can try the following

1. empty the bladder of urine
2. go and ejaculate while keeping the penis down or straight (during ejaculation, you may feel a hot flushing sensation)
3. do not pee immediately, do so after a minute or preferably two to 3 minute.
4. Pee as usual, emptying your bladder again. You should at this time be cleared of the burning sensation. (At this stage, you should be feeling much better)

After this, for guys who are overweight like me, I will suggest to cut down weight as well as obesity leads to a lot of problems that can lead to urine incontinence and prostate problems.

I also read about the kegel exercise from one of the member, I am going to try it. So the last two comments is really follow up for protective care.

Do not use this method as a quick fix too often though, ejaculation produces a cocktail of body hormornes that can derail the body physiology when over induced.

May you all be in good health!

Keep me posted if it works for you. I rarely post, but I have a heart for sharing what help me in this important issue, and hope if it works for more people, we can help our fellow brothers in need.

I have had the same problem & I have tried everything by drinking cranberry juice,drinking water,bathing,urinating,but I have not tried sleeping,but I Have layed down & it`ll ease down.Does anybody have any other suggestions?
I havent masterbated insince last year & I have been having problems like when I go urinate,then after a minute or two my penis will start burning & my heart will race & I feel realy uncomfortable.Does anybody have any suggestions?
did you have sex unprotected with a girl recently??? or just masturbating??? and when did it start happening after what??
I'm gonna go with the suggestion that it happens when you do it too hard. I too used to associate it with alcohol but there's a good chance you're doing it harder when alcohol is involved since sensitivity is down. Makes sense to me at least.

However, one thing no one has suggested that I'm curious about is whether or not it could be internal inflammation or reaction from a foreign substance (like lubricant, oil or dirt from skin, fabric fibers) etc. Thoughts?
A related discussion, Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning was started.
Whew. Defanitly glad not just me. ALL same symptoms.... Only ejaculate sex or m/b. Definatly not a hydration problem.... Maybe a little to do with diet but I believe it has alot to do with infection, inflammation, and ejaculating is not helping unless cured first by abstanaince for a little while. My only input. Btw it ***** being able to pee once in the morning and that's it but feelin like you have to all day, ***** so bad.
S uck s**
Omg thank god I'm not alone, I thought I had some sort of STD got "the swab" and takin blood test for labs and urin test, i'm very unhealthy diet wise but when it starts burning I don't leave the bathroom and drinking alot of water seems to help somewhat or maybe i just think it does, please someone get to the bottom of this, my second year of this **** tierd of being afraid of geting an  STD And having it hurt 20 times worse and everyday. Btw I've taken azithromycin and it does no help
Just thought about this while I was reading, does everyone here flex their **** during sex/masterbaition? Maybe just maybe it's constricting the urithra and causeing it to burn, it'll be hard but Ima try not to flex it while I'm cumming next time, may make things worse :/ I'm doin this one for all of us, wish me luck
it happens when your sperm gets into ur urine tract by not drinkin enough water before ejaculation
weeing after ejaculating helps because it clears the tract.
to aviod this try lying down with your back up for some time after ejaculating should help prevent this problem
Is the pain when you really feall you need to masterbate if it is then do not masterbate when feeling you need to really badly if not I would reccomend going to the doctors but it could be that some of your sperm has been stuck inside your penis this is why the pain goes a few minutes after u wee
A related discussion, Extreme pain in penis after ejaculation. was started.
I've got a redness on the middle of the head of my penis and a few red spots also. They appear after intercourse or masturbation followed with a slight tingle/itch in my urethra. The redness and spots are not soars don't raise above the skin and do not hurt to touch. I noticed after I shower approximately 30 minutes later the redness and spots are gone but still slightly faint. If I don't have intercourse or masturbate they do not appear at all. I'm wondering if this is an STD of some kind or just some type of irritation. My girlfriend says after about 20 minutes that her vagina gets soar almost as if ive torn her open a bit. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated thank you for reading
I read almost all of your comments and I was thinking, "gee, someone on the internet might have a solution." No, so here I am, with a solution, since everyone has the same questions and I almost laughed at some of the answers. (no offense.) Here's my theory: Ever notice that everytime you masturbate you have a strong urge to urinate? Well, that's because after sex or ejaculation your body cleans out the inner shaft. Like a woman who urinates after sex, men have the same system! That's the theory, here's the solution! Solution: When you masturbate and you ***, don't you just feel the need to do it again? Yes!! No. Don't do it, wait until you have to urinate, go to the bathroom, then after your body has cleaned out the excess semen, you can go again until you fall into a sex-coma. Any questions?
I have the same problem to but we all need to stop saying we have this problem and find an answer to it I'm tired of making love to my wife and the sitting in the bathroom waiting for the pain to go away while she falls asleep. There has to be an answer and if someone has one please let me know I am so tired of this problem please help find the answer and thanks for your time.
--the fed up penis burner
Been having similar problems here, the only difference is that my urethra itches constantly and doesn't let up too much. My bladder seems to have shrunk and feels awkward when i ****. Possibility of STD but I'm straight sure it's not. Have a buddy lives next to me and he has the same problem just a little difference in symptoms. We are both 19. How do I stop this itching and whatnot?
Yep - an answer sure would be nice. Never had my girlfriend complain about my see men stinging though... It's been maybe a half hour or so andy pain is gone - I can finally sleep.... lol. But damn is this annoying or what? I think it has to do with inflammation as well - I nearly smacked myself in the face with my soldiers tonight and woah did it burn... Also, I believe alcohol plays a roll. Only had five beers but still getting the issue. Same with lastnight. I've only had this happen once after unprotected sex (extremely intoxicated) - my bet is that was a different, more temporary, cause (yeast?) not sure... I haven't had this pain in at least six months and I decide to jack off after a few beers and ITS BACK'!!! Maybe the FDA is holding back like they do on cancer ;) (no offense, but there is a cure - economics baby... Economics...)
Im 15 and this happens to me once every other week , and ive found that if you masturbate when you have the pain/sting it eases the pain and when you ejaculate (the second time) the pain goes away. Hope i helped
Ive had this for many years (now 36 Ive had a few ejaculations) I was on here to see the cause so it wouldnt happen anymore. But it seems as if I might be able to help more then get help.  What I have found that is after I ejaculate I squeeze from the base of my penis slowly towards the tip and squeeze the seamen out of my penis seems to help.  When I don't do this I get that awful feeling.  Hope this helps also another remedy is to ejaculate again if you didn't do the squeeze technique and then make sure you squeeze.  It has worked for me
Ya i have the same problem..i dont knw what to do with this..nw i am afraid of doing this and my doubt is whether it would be a problem in my future marriage life...should i consult a doctor
Ya i have the same problem since i started doing masturbating..i dont knw what to do with this..nw i am afraid of doing this and my doubt is whether it would be a problem in my future marriage life...should i consult a doctor
Hey guys I've also been undergoing this prob for the past 3-4yrs and it ***** really bad. Yes it only last about 3min to an hour and drinking water helps to flush it out but it ***** when u gotta poop right after cause then ur gonna be stuck on the toilet thinking u have to pee for the longest time! Hah. I really hate this feeling whatever it is and I'm still waiting for an answer. My gues to what it could be tho is a tear in the urethra. When the pennis becomes to hardly errect it could possibly open the inside up a little causing fluid to irritate the urethra. But if anyone knows the forsure answer please put it up cause this is like one of the worst things I ever get!