Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am experiencing all of the symptoms described in this old thread fround in the STD forum.  It is not an STD, but no one knows that it is.  I can find no other mention of this problem on the internet, but it seems many have the same problem

"Hi, I have a very irritating problem. For the past 8 years, since I was a teenager, I've periodically had intense pain after ejaculation. This only happens once every 2 weeks or so, and I've had it from sex and masterbation (masturbation).

This pain will happen anywhere from 5 min to 30 min after I ejaculate, and the pain will stop temporarily when I urinate, sometimes when I urinate it even feels good. This also causes me to feel like I constantly have to urinate. This pain always disappears after an hour or two, and never happens unless I ejaculate. I don't understand this at all because it only happens once in a while, and there is no common factor to relate it happening to sex and masterbation (masturbation) (as far as material objections like latex etc). It seems like there might be some slight swelling during this period of 1-2 hours also."

In my case, the pain has happened ever since I was a teenager a few times a week.  I actually only experienced it the last few years a handful of times, which almost made me forget about it, but now its happening every day with no change in my lifestyle/sexlife/diet. Anyone?

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STD/messages/1204.html

if anyone knows anything, please respond.
I've also had the same problem that you've described.  any resolution to this issue?
just to join in on the party, i get the exact same thing, and like everyone else, i have it right now, so i jumped online to try and figure out what causes it.

something interesting to note.. my girlfriend has been gone all summer long, and ive masturbated at least one a day the whole time she was gone (about 3 months). however, now that shes back, its been 3 days, and ive had it happen twice.

reading the comments about diet makes sense to me- now that shes back, ive been eating tons of junk food (cookies, chocolate, candy), and tonight i drank when we went out to a party. when she wasnt here, i was on a diet of basically no sugar, no alcohol, and was being rather healthy (and hydrated!)..

so i dont know, hopefully thats it. im going to make sure to keep hydrated and lay off the sweets- its probably better in general.

at least it only does last a half hour to an hour :)

hopefully someone can post a good resolution to this- it sucks

good luck
ok ok

What is it? inflamation (inflammation) (I bet).  Trick: ejaculate not as hard (probably not possible) or ejaculate in a "good" position

I just recently started getting this.  I used to "do the do" a few times a day.  I took a 6 day break, and when I started again I got the burning (for 20-30 mins).

- Ice pack helps.
- Try ejaculating with your **** not facing upwards.

I urinate immediately after the ejaculation, and then wait 30mins before going again, after the burning has subsided.

I don't think it has to do with hydration.  I've been on a high fiber diet lately and have been drinking tons of water.

I bet it has to do with inflamation (inflammation).  Imagine yourself peeing really really hard (don't do it) and it burns.  That is most likely what is happening with the ejaculation.  The key here is when you ejaculate, it explodes out -- it doesn't come out nice and regular like peeing.

The "explosion" could be the reason.  Recall how I got this twice in a row after abstaining for 6 days, whereas when I went every  day, it almost never happened.

One thing I did notice however is that I've had some acid intigestion.

It has me thinking.  SO to avoid inflamation (inflammation), how about we try:
1.  (Don't hurt yourself doing this).  Try peeing a little harder than usual, and move your **** around.  Make note of the positions that are easy to pee, and the positions that are restrictive.

When masterbating (masturbating) or having sex, try to ejaculate in those postions that had little resistance/felt good.

If its JUST towards the end of the **** that is sore after an ejaculation  then I don't think its a seamen infection. If it were, you would get burning in your balls, where the seamen is created.

Sorry  if I'm talking too much/

Basically, an ejaculation is an explosive force through a hose.  If that hose is straight, then the force speeds along the hose.

However, if there is a big curve or a kink, then the force of the ejaculation is absorbed by the hose and hence the inflamation (inflammation).

Imagine a water hose that all of a sudden is turned on full blast: if that hose is straight, then the water goes straight through. Whereas, if that hose is twisted, then the hose jerks as  water goes through it.  I bet it is that "jerking" that causes the inflamation (inflammation).

I get this too. Good to know I am not alone.
Its weird since its so sporadic, I second the acid indigestion, had it tonight and had the problem tonight, almost enough to double me over and make my eyes water.
someone does need to research this thoroughly.
Man oh man I'm glad to see these post. I was freaking out, about to go to the doctor, dreading the test where they shove a metal q-tip down your pee hole and twist it to get a sample. I've had it done twice and it was two of the most painful experienses of my life. Anyway.

I have the same thing sometimes. Ejaculation stings the tip and I feel like I have to pee constantly for about half an hour or so after ejaculation. It comes and goes and sometimes the tip will just burn or itch for no reason at all. I'll be sitting there doing whatever and all of the sudden "YOW" "What the F?!?!?" then it's gone. It's the same area that stings sometimes when I ejaculate. It can be from sex or m/b. I see no pattern or anything. I don't drink alcohol of any kind, no drugs, don't smoke, don't eat sugar, can't use dairy products, don't drink caffiene or have any fun at all. No wait I had to quit drinking because of alcoholism the smoking soon followed then the sugar. Quitting caffiene is a new thing. The thing is this burning after ejaculation has happened sporadicaly no matter what I ingest or abstain from. I'm going to cut back on the salt and see if that helps.

I'm just glad to find out I'm not alone. I was obsessing over this sure I had some strange STD. Wondering how I could break it to my girl. Wondering if my girl gave it to me an on and on and on.

It's funny how your mind can play tricks on you because this has been going on with me for some time now but more so lately. I know one thing obsessing over it makes it worse.
i get this too.  the same symptoms: stinging at the tip for a while, and peeing a lot/feeling like i have to pee a lot.  i'd always associated it with drinking, but that's probably a coincidence.  i'd like to mention that when it happened during sex and i wasn't wearing a condom, my girlfriend would say that my *** stings.  anyone else had this?  that would suggest that it is not an inflammation problem.  also, this whole feeling like you have to urinate thing is sort of mysterious.
whoops... not ***, ejaculate.  censored.
same problem here too.

for me it started about 8 years ago, just random out of the blue, i hadn't had sex for a long time, maybe a year before it started happening so i never considered it to be a std.

it happens mostly after masturbating, not as much after sex, sometimes its accompanied by a burning sensation in my sphincter also :-o

of course it happened just now, thats why i found this thread, the acid thing might have something to it, i just drank a pint of cranberry juice..

it would be nice if someone can get us an answer.
I have this too. I have narrowed down that it happens after ejactulation when I've been drinking more liquid than normal - be water or alcohol. A bath really helps.
Same here! It only happens to me on my days off from work i tend to drink a lot of liquids, no alcohol, and when i pee close to ejactulation, with in 15mins before or after doesn't matter. The only thing that seems to work for me is to compress my package between my legs and destract my mind from it by doing some thing like this using my computer after about 15 to 30 mins of this it's like it never happen. I'm going to see if cutting my liquids on my days off will do anything. Or maybe i will just leave play time to work days.
I just found this at
http://www.topix.com/forum/med/urology/TG2DQVA2U8AEEE7FI

Mike S
"I'm assuming it's my plumbing not switching form "ejaculate mode" back to "urine mode" fast enough."

Yada
"You figured it out just fine. It is bladder neck spasm which is how you prevent yourself from urination while ejaculating. It takes a spell to relax again. It is not a biggie."
I thought i had an STD guys, as u can guess by nickname i have the same trouble.......

So ive just knocked one out and now i get that familiar really need to pee but nothing comes out burning at the end of my **** sensation.

exactly what the **** is going on, maybe catholics would think this is punishment for shaking hands with myself. but probobly not.

i get this on my own or with a bird and the only connecting factor is that this happens after consuming alcohol in any volume, never at any other time, i'm sure u can imagine, this makes knobbing ugly lasses difficult for me :)

i dont know about you fella's but i have hypoglycaemia which alters what my body extracts from food/drink i consume.i have no idea how that could make my bell-end sting after squirting but would be interesting to know if anyone else who suffers ****-burn also has the same blood disorder.

anyways in the time its taken to read you guys comments and type this up my willy feels normal again so im goonna hit the sack and not play with me self :(
one thing that ccervantes chap doesnt sound like he suffers ****-burn, so y is he reading about our painful penis' :(

sadist
I get the same thing...and only if I drink alcohol before sex(the quantity of alcohol does'nt matter) I hate it because I'm single and usually when I meet girls, it's often in bars!!
when ejaculating cease your breath. you will c the miracle it holds. give it a try guys.
am having a problem here which i believe is a common problem amongst adams (male). whenever i ejaculate i find it difficult to continue the second round of sex. could someone paint a true picture of the causes and a workable and lasting solution to this problem.
+1. Actually.. it went away.  A friend of mine have joked around about this and I told him he doesn't have an STD (necessarily) cuz i've been tested and it happens to me.  I told him taking a poo sometimes helps me... or maybe it just kills time... wait, that might explain my frequent hemroids... aannnyways, I first remember this happening when I was in like 7th grade.  I actually confronted my parents about it and they were concerned enough to take me to the doctors.  I had a urine test and then they came out, in front of my parents, and was like "The doctor says this is caused from something rubbing against it...::long awkward pause::... perhaps change your detergent, or material of your underwear..." And then I never spoke of it again.  I thought it just went along with masturbation.  

Do you guys take showers after or during?  I was thinking maybe water gets in there and solidifies any ammo that hasn't quite made it out making it like passing a stone... just a theory.  
Im glad I found this post because I've had this problem once or twice before and couldnt find any reasonable explanation for it untill now. I decied to look it up because It just happened to me 20 mins ago and the pain was more intense than anytime before, and it happened just after a wet dream on wich you could say, the ejaculation was pretty intense so it all makes sense to me now. The thing is that for me, every time l have this problem, urinating hurts a lot so I abstain of doing it as long as I can but in the end it always hurts the first time I pee after this problem appears and I havent read anything about this particular "symptom" so does anybody have a suggestion? this is much appreciated.
I do not know if my symptoms are like yours but my package tip burns lately practically all the time. Sometimes its worse then others. When I pee it feels better but still hurts. If I ejac when master debating it hurts biiiggg time. Then later it calms but still hurts. I want to ask if any one on this forum feels pain down the shaft as well as below the scrotum as the muscle goes deeper in your body. I have pain here too. I also have pain when I push in the bladder area. I know people will chime in with bladder infection or maybe prostate problem. But I have been to the Urologist and taken all the tests and they have come back negative. I subscribe ( though without hard facts) with inflammation brought on maybe by high acid body levels or maybe stress. I personnally hate guessing about this I just wish a doc would come up with something to get rid of this or take away the pain. Sometimes I feel like I have gravel or sand rubbing the inside tract. Torture. Out
Alright ive had this same problem for a while now and this is really the only forum ive found where it looks like we are all having the same problem. What ive found out is that a reduction of times you masterbate can help. Just leave it alone for like five days then try again and see if it continues. Also i happen to be a smoker and drink caffiene alot, but idk if that has to do with it or not. I know for a fact that i do not have STD, and this problem is not realted. I did have ringworm though from rugby, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Resolving that problem is my first priority.
My observations:

First experience was very young (before alcohol or masturbation).  Second occurrence was around 16 or 17 (before alcohol or sex).  From there on, it seemed to occur once every month or two.

If I urinate within about 10 minutes before or 5 minutes after masturbation, it seems to occur.  I've never experienced it after sex.  I believe alcohol can be a factor largely because it makes you urinate more frequently.

My best cures are a warm bath, sleeping or getting another erection.  Somehow, a second erection seems to cancel it out (though the pain always makes it the farthest thing from my mind.
I am so glad I found this. This problem only started coming up last year, so I had no idea what was going on. At first I thought it was caused by alcohol consumption and marijuana use, however, I soon realized it happened while completely sober. It is completely random with me too, I can find no reason at all why it happens. My only guess is that it might happen when I have a "weak" orgasm, or my penis isn't rock hard. When I am drunk or high the pain is much more intense, particularly so when drunk. Usually last for 30 minutes or so.
I might have a solution.

This has been happening to me on and off for about ten years now.  I've considered everything from STD's to alcohol to dehydration to too much hydration to lint or other debris lodging in my urethra.

Anyway, try kegel exercises.  You can Google them, there's a thousand sites that give instructions, but I believe it's basically working the muscles that control urine blow, ejaculation.  

I started doing them to increase erection/ejaculation stregth, but they seem to keep this pain from happening too.

Hopefully it keeps working.  

Try it out.  They're easy to do, and even if they don't help, they're are those other benefits.

I have this same problem and had it for close to 15 years!  Hell!  I am actually writing this post to everyone becuz I just went through the pain after having sex with my wife.  She's sleep and I am internet surfing to see if there is any progress.

I will tell you this...  When you get the feeling immediately take a hot/warm bath shower.  It will relax your prostate and get rid of the pain. I just got out the tub myself.  After 20 minutes, the burning is gone.  It just feels like you have to pee or take a ****.

There is allot of speculation, so maybe I can help others understand what the problem is......

I am 32 work out, jog, drink a half gallon of water a day, I box, 6’1 200lbs.  Basically I am in awesome shape!

I finally got over my ego and went to the doctor to FINALLY get this checked out. Over a three week period, no one really knows the problem!  I was 27 years old when I went through every test possible. (Even a capacitor down my penis to my bladder)  owwweeee!!! I finally found an urologist who could help me figure out what the problem is.  

#1..  IT IS NOT AN STD!  I am so sick and tired of reading that!!!!!

What I was told was that I could have suffered from some type of trauma to my groin area when I was younger...  I don’t remember that, but OK...  That was the first doctor!  

After I didn’t take that as an answer I went to another doctor an urologist and  after urinate tests I found out that my muscle that contracts and controls your urination is very strong and does not fully empty the bladder.  Because this muscle is so strong it contracts as the prostate pushes *** out of your penis.  

Nonetheless, the prostate has to PUSH/THRUST the liquid out, it (your prostate) becomes inflamed and what you feel is the delayed pain from your prostate through your urinary track in your penis to the tip.  

It has nothing to do with your intake of liquids or alcohol as I have gotten this feeling with both or neither of them.  It also does not make a difference how hard your sex is or the lack of or quantity of sex, this condition will get cha…

My best friend is an ER doctor and I have had multiple discussions with him about this.  He has never had a patient complain about this, nor did he even know about it.

If you want to feel better quickly you can
1. Take a hot bath or shower to relax your prostate.
2. Take 3 tablets of Advil (Depends on how bad your case is)
3. Get some codeine.  That will knock it out quick! (Great for if you like having sex in the middle if the day and you get the pain)  But it is not the best choice as it is addictive.

I hope this helps a little…  I think the ones that have this condition should go to the doctor…  You never know if this could lead to prostate cancer…  

I will be checking this post and will be glad to answer any question I see..
Let’s make progression!
Try taking Ural or Citravesants. It will help within minutes.
This just happened to me (again) but it hasn't for a long time... and I now remember that I had to urinate before having sex. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I purposely waited to urinate until after sex... Anyways after reading some posts it has now went away and I'm wondering if this is the cause. If anyone else can relate let me know.
Ive had the same condition that everyone here has described. Ive tried to figure out what is going on, so over the years i have looked for patterns and investigated in any way i could.
Im no doctor but from what i can tell it has to do with urinating before the urethra has had time to clear all the semen from it. I think the mixing of urine and left over semen in the urethra is causing inflamation (inflammation).

I think a way to prevent this is to avoid excessive liquid intake before ejaculation, and be sure to urinate before ejaculation.
After ejaculation avoid urinating for some time. Allow the urethra to clear and be in a ready state to release urine
By avoiding liquid intake before ejaculation you will be able to eliminate the need for urination directly after ejaculation.

I am not 100% sure on this theory, but ive noticed a pritty strong pattern that i have based this conslusion on. Im going to test it over the next week and i will report back.
okay so yeah... there is one bit of advice and that's the peeing thing.. i went to my docor and this is the truth. the difference between the plumbing as it is called previously has not switched. have you ever eating something and it goes down the wrong way... yeah.. you choke and your throat burns. i find if you wait to pee after sex or masterbation (masturbation) it is much better. or pee a fair bt before hand. if you pee right before .. it seems to get jammed.. if you have to pee during.. the bladder has already started leaking, which leads to the acidity being wedged in your urethra. it like you're stomach acid in a way.. it absorbed into the nerves and you feel a burn(heart burn). so if you feel like you need to pee before hand go, then wait a good 15-20 mins. otherwise save it for afterwards.  if you don't go pee however and you realy need to but you choose to masterbate first(which i do often) you most likely will get the burning sensation but peeing right after lets it all go away which in a way, almost in my mind feels better then the original ejaculation. i am no expert but i would think that could bring a risk up for urinary infection, but it has not happened yet. IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. it's natural. however. if burning does not stop  with in a couple of days and it is not just a tingly sensation it almost hurts.. i suggest you look into it as the most likely problem is bladder infection.. OR if you are older.. middle aged that is.. it could be kidney stones.. we are all in the same boat.. and our anatomy all works the same way.. so for now relax, masterbate, ****, and enjoy the freedom of taking stress of the daily human life off your mind. (it is proven psychologically that masterbation (masturbation) is good for the mind, and prevents anger, stress, tight muscle strains anywhere in the body, and helps you sleep)

one more note to ramble on about. some people can masterbate more frequently then others. i find that too much masterbation (masturbation) can cause inflimation and irritation with the burning sensation from the outside of the penis. if you are experiencing this, do not be alarmed, it's like when you build muscle mass you work the muscle until it tears and then regrows back stronger. i suggest not masterbating (masturbating) as frequently and let your penis heal. otherwise it can develope more muscle on one side if that's where the irritation occurs more so, and can cause a bend or curve in the shaft. i hope this is usefull. as it is plain facts.

in reference to peeing before and/or after masterbation (masturbation)/sex... i suggest going well before sex or sexual activity with a partner.. as when you are "cranking" your shaft, urine droplets may leak and cause an odor that is not appetizing.. this goes for girls too and is the reason why people say "if it smells like fish get the **** out"  

i also find if you masterbate less you are in turn less likely to create the problem where when you pee it seems as if it does not leave the penis completly, you do up your pants and it dribble's slightly leaving a slight odor. the more you masterbate the easier the tissue will allow your bodily fluids to escape without you wanting it too.

if anyone was wondering about zits or an acne like substance.. it could be herpes. but in the teen age years it is likely it can occur and you get a zit. since your penis does enlarge and it's trapped in clothing and sweats it will create a larger bump that almost hurts to touch. it's the same as getting acne on you rback or legs or *** or anywhere.. keep it clean. don't irritate it. and it should clear up as all acne eventually does. if it does not leave, and or it keeps reoccuring, consult a doctor.

any other questions about penis problems and i can find you a definate answer. e-mail me at brian_hess89***@****
and that's brian_hess89@ hot mail . com
i've had the same thing happen to me for the past few years. burning after masturbation or sex for about 30 mins for so. it feels like i have to pee constantly and it feels good while i'm actually urinating.

does it burn right after ejaculation? or is it after you ejaculate and then urinate?

i think that when you ejaculate, the stream damages the inner walls of the penis (though i dont know if it depends on which way you point when ejaculating). anyways, this causes a little tenderness in the inner walls. when you pee, urine will irritate the tenderness because urine is acidic. that will create the feeling of "burning". i also believe that peeing relieves the irritation momentarily, and so that is why you get the feeling you want to pee more.

a diet rich in citrus fruits, legumes, and vegetables raises the pH and produces urine that is more alkaline. this is not necessarily a good thing, you don't want urine that is too alkaline or acidic. i think you want a happy medium.

one solution i can offer is to try cranberry juice. That seems to help a little.
I had my prostate removed over 4 yrs and is unable to get an erection. However, whenever l masterbate l get a very strong burning in my sphincter muscle areas.The pain last for only a few mins(1-2 mins).Taking a tynolol3  pain killer before masterbation (masturbation) reduces the pain sensation.I believe the symtoms (symptoms) of pain is due to weak sphincter muscles that fails to shut of urine flow at the time of ejaculation.The acidic urine entering into the tract obviously causes the pain sensation.A some instances the removal of the prostate can cause the spincter muscle to weaken. Bladder infection can also be another cause. you can also add stress to the cause.Prior to my prostate removal l never experience any burning sensation in my penal areas.
i can't believe this very exact group of symptoms has not been labeled by any doctors yet. i have always had it. I just read all the threads and i have to say i completely run the full spectrum of whatever few variations there are in symptoms. after ejaculation there's the burning upon urination, then the excessive burning after urination that only goes away with: more urination (but its temporary), time, and many times taking a ****. i think the explanation must be a combination of the 2 common suggestions listed by everyone (which is why it might be so rare). First is the valve thing, where the semen pipe doesn't close properly and urine backs up into it. second is the prostate inflammation or  sphincter weakness, because like i said taking a **** really makes it go away, as if flexing it resets the whole system down there.

exercise helps me. plain and simple. also it makes sense that drinking would make it worse because drinking weakens valves, well at least with the stomach. I actually have weak valve issues in my stomach (heartburn), and my heart as well. weird. i also have weak kegel muscles, i don't have much firepower at all. those exercises might be a good place to start and also why exercise in general helps me.

does anyone else have heartburn and or heart valve problems? that would be really interesting.
I have heartburn issues also. I get heartburn 3-4 times a week. This burning sensation doesn't happen every time I masturbate though. Someone please help on instant relief for this. I'm so tired of it.
:( I get the same ****...especially the urination stuff...after I ejaculate, if I pee, i find that if I don't pee at a slow rate, it starts to burn...I always get the image of urine ripping sticky semen off the inner wall of the urinary tract...:( It hurts like hell
also, I have heartburn every once in a while...

:(

At least everyone else here has it...I was FREAKED out...lol I still sort of am
I have had this same probelm of burning pain more many years and have abit of relief to see others are also going thorugh this....:(
Its has just happned to me and has now gone but I can't figure out why this happens as I dont materbate and have not had sex today.
Its so frustrating to go thorugh this............
i know what a lot of you are going through ive been in pain  for 4 years im 33yrs old when it first started i had pain in my testicles had medicine off the docs testicle pain went then a feeling of having a cactus down my little man pain has eased slightly over the years and numbness has come as well when i urinate it eases a bit when i *** it burns sometimes but i have the burning in my tip all the time if i ever get better i will tell you all how coz this must be one of the worst things to happen to any man hope you all get better if you do dont forget to tell us how
36 yrs old & experiencing similar probs for several years.  It started with what was diagnosed as epididymitis.  The docs have also suspected Prostatitis and (believe it or not) a yeast infection (apparently men can get this too).  Two things I have found to help: 1.) Extended foreplay - for whatever reason, the longer I am erect before ejaculation, the less the latent pain.  2.) Apple Cider vinegar - no kidding.  I have been taking 4 tablespoons/day and have experienced marked improvement.  
I'm 57 yrs old and have just developed this burning symptom in the tip of my wedding tackle. STD tests and urine tests are all negative. My prostate has been handled more than my handle by two different docs. I have taken Cipro and Ampicillin even though no bacteria shows in urinalysis. Now on prednisone, and it definitely helped, but it is a very harsh medicine. AZO pills are a temporary help, not a cure. This has definitely taken my mind off of sex, its not worth the pain. Something is definitely irritating the lining of the urethra, wish anyone could tell me what!  My case started rather suddenly and scared the heck out of me. I'm still obscessing over this and self medicating as I try to outsmart the doctor. I hope to find a cure soon, looking forward to another mattress dance. Any help appreciated.
I am 22 and i have been experiencing the same pain as all you guys, only after ejaculating.  I have come to a conclusions. i know it is definately your acidic levels... I have noticed that it is only after drinking coke that i have the pain after ejaculating. It has happened to me so many times and is so annoying. you just have to remember, that if your guna have sex, dont drink coke........  This is definately the cause...

If you start to experience the pain after ejaculating.. your in trouble ,haha, just drink plenty of water to flush it out of your system and soon as your acidic levels drop from your urine, the pain will stop.. This has worked for me sooo many times.  
This thread has been fantastic! I thought I was the only one in the world suffering from this!

I've had it since I was 15, now 45. In the early years, it was horrible, having sex in a car and not having a place to get relief and riding out the waves of pain in a cold sweat.

I've found the pain can come on from two sources; one is after a bowel movement, the other after ejaculating. Although I've occasionally felt some mild discomfort after peeing, it's never moved on to the full blown pain. I often take comfort in that, mentally keep myself from letting it happen under those circumstances.

I use to think the pain was just in the tip of my penis, but after analyzing it while it was happening, I realized there's discomfort in my sphincter and that my lower abdomen gets very tight and bloated. These seem similar to the IBS symtoms (symptoms) my wife experiences.

I've long since determined a few things;
- Caffeine, chocolate and alcohol almost guarantee a problem will happen.
- Not staying hydrated throughout the day can cause discomfort even without masturbating.
- Peeing after the pain kicks in to full gear; very bad idea; triples the pain!
- Getting off in restrictive positions, especially on my back with her on top, increases the odds of a problem.
- Very hot water on a cloth placed on the scrotum is my number one source of relief. I also try to drink allot of water ( up to 24 ounces) while I'm dealing with the pain as it seems to dilute things or expand a constricted bladder.

It usually takes up to an hour in the bathroom alone with a hot cloth to get to a point I can feel free from it starting back up again. If I quit early, the whole process starts all over again. When it's over I'm wiped and want to go to sleep.

My wife of 20 years has been extremely understanding, even though it puts a huge damper on our lovemaking, knowing there's a 50/50 chance I'll be suffering in pain to make her and I feel good for a while. She feels guilty and I tell her it's not her fault but of course, that doesn't really help.

I've reduced my coffee intake to one in the morning, and switched from Jack and Coke to lite beer, helps somewhat. No magic bullet I've found. I'm 45 and assuming I'll die never had felt 100% relaxed after sex, always worrying if it's going to hurt or not. Thank god I'm married and not having t explain this to every new girl I'd be dating.

I've read most all of the posts and felt I needed to add my story. I love having sex with my wife and won't ever let this keep me from that/ Although lately, I am asking to "get a rain check" when I know I've done everything wrong and the pain if a sure-thing after we have sex, favoring instead a good nights sleep. This is a real turn around for us; now she's asking for it more than I do!

Good luck fellas, I hope the dialog helps everyone know they are not alone and maybe some cure or real solution will be found. Remember, I could always be worse. Read a general thread on a urology site sometime; I'll tkae this over some of those problems anyday!
my problem started about 3 months ago
i am a gay man and i do not practice any type of sex only mutual masterbation (masturbation)
i used to masterbate at least 4 to 5 times a day every day and have done for years
i noticed the tip of my penis was red and the top of my fore skin
just after that when i masterbated the head of my penis felt as if it had broken glass inside it and i have an ache down the shaft when masterbating (masturbating) and after ejeculation
i have had all the std and sti tests done all have come back negative
ive had urine tests done blood tests done i have seen a urologist and a dermatologist and no one can find anything wrong
i even lay of masterbating (masturbating) for 5 or 6 days which drove me mad as its my hobby !!!!  lol
i have even tried masterbating (masturbating) while my penis is soft but still no luck
i would be made up if someone could tell me what it is
as my hands have nothing too do these days

111
go to the ******* doctors!!!
Typical males. If it was a womans problem this would all be diagnosed by now.
Im only reading this thread because my fella has just started getting it so looked for internet diagnosis, couldnt find one, and ended up on this. I  have personally booked him an appointment at the doctors.
You cant mess about with the lifeline that is ur genitalia.
Of enough males actually went to the docs about this instead of ranting on forums, some medical expert would have carried out some research on this problem by now because it is so common and you all would have a diagnosis. Jesus!!!
GO... TO... THE... DOCTORS!!!
NB.I am a female x
I have this sort of pain occasionally - either in the vicinity of my prostate, or the tip of my PP, or both.  It happens only after orgasm (natural or hand-made), starting within say 15 mins and subsiding after around half an hour later.

I've never pinpointed a cause, but it seems more likely to happen after drinking alcohol, especially red wine or rum and coke.  Beer is safer.

It first happened the same year I started taking finasteride (e.g. Propecia), which also medicates enlarged prostate.  I wonder if there's a connection.  However, I've been off finasteride for more than a year, and it still happens.

Top suspects on my list are acid and dehydration.  Maybe a couple of glasses of water and antacid before sex?  I don't get heartburn, but worth a try.
Most of the symptoms being reported here relate to Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate), which is very common condition. It can be acute or chronic, and often has a bacterial cause. About 1 in 6 guys get this at some point in their life, but many suffer in silence because it's a little embarrassing to talk about openly with a doctor. But don't be embarrassed. Your doctor has seen it and heard it all before. Sex is important - don't undermine it with unnecessary worry and pain! See your doctor ASAP and get some relief.
Guys this periodic pain in the shaft of the penis is only due to inflammation caused in the urinary bladder because the urine passes out when it is not supposed or if semen explodes out when there is already some urine in the tract. You cannot control acidity levels here with food intake. What you can do is the following.

1. Pee 15-20 min before ejaculating or having sex (if you have the pee badly then wait 15 to 20 min before have sex)
2. After ejaculating, wait 5 to 10 min before peeing, giving the urinary tract time to dispense out the liquids completely.

Ofcourse drinking lots of water and a high fibre diet, abstaining from alcohol and drugs will certainly help. I noticed that i got the pains generally when I drank alcohol silly and/or did drugs. All this messes up the urinary functions and if unplanned sex comes into the equation, then it time for disaster or the penis pain. I know the trying to flush out your system by drinking water helps reduce the pain but follow the above pointers and you will be fine. Another awesome trick is to drink ALOE Vera drink everyday,. and you will be free from this problem. trust me.

regards
a doctor and a patient
I have had this problem for as long as i can remember, it normally occurs once every couple of months but recently hasn't happened for closer to 6. like everyone else happens after ejaculation and the the common factor is urinating too quickly. Last night it came back but unlike previous times no sexual things were happening, i was dancing in a night club when i felt the tingling went too the toilet (bad move) and pissed, PAIN got a taxi home leaving a none the wiser girlfriend thinking i was annoyed with her.
At home i jumped in the shower which is the only thing that helps stayed there for 20 minutes and refused to urinate for over an hour till i was sure it was gone. This morning i wanted to meet up with my girlfriend so performed a road test; ejaculated and its all good again!

Research shows that the majority of us are suffering from BLADDER NECK SPASMS and that there is no cure, so guys live with it and pray that nothing gets worse.
Wow,   why havent I ever heard about this on the job site or in the bar or anywhere where guys are bs-n about sex stuff.
Im pushing 40 and have had the burn'n love syndrome for about 10 years.
I can guarantee it happening if I drink more than a few alcohol bevs- its really the worst when Im blasted.
I learned a while back that a nice warm bath will take the pain away in about 30 min.  But I'll tell ya, the women who have had the pleasure of knowing me must think I'm nuts and or have something to hide-
"I'll be right back hun, I'm just gonna take a bath."- mmhm.
One girlfriend was a litl freaked that I had something ill-legit- course I explained that I've had the condition for a long time (she rolls her eyes) and not to worry.
Its just lame that I have to get out of bed to run the tub in the middle of the night right when the chance to crash with my girl all naked and hot is beckoning.
I hate it.
How annoying.
The burning and urge to **** almost kills the magic of the sexual experience not to mention making the pillow talk unbearable if not impossible.

If I had to guess, I'd say that my prostate could be a 1/2 size smaller and I wouldnt have this problem.
Well until it shrinks Ill continue bathing and attempting to curb the strong drink and when possible coordinate my wrestling matches in the earlier hours of the day before lying down for bed.

good luck to us all  

Again can I say how glad I am to see this.  I've had so much embarrasment with this, having to run to the bathroom for half an hour after sex.

Same as most people this happens once every 1-2 months.  It usually happens when I've been drinking, but not every time I drink so that always confused me.  I'm going to try the waiting 20 mins before urinating to see if it goes away.

Also bizarre tip I have tried sticking my **** into a glass of cold water to relieve the pain, unpleasant at first but did ease it.
Me too, good to see i'm not the only one, sitting up in pain at the moment, while she sleeps!! Yea, the acidity thing seems on the right track along with some jiz still along the track.
First of all I would like to greet all the guys on the boards. It's relieving and at the same time unnerving to see so many posts about these symptoms. Anyways enough of the introduction, let me add to our findings.

Before anyone says I have an STD I would like you to know that I've had 15 Urinalysis tests, to get the most accurate results I made sure I took them in the morning as the 1st **** of the day and did a mid-stream catch. All tests came back perfectly normal. I've had almost every doctor in the state of Ohio squeeze,tug, pull my **** to check for discharge and none, and had a Q-Tip stuck up my ********(just what I needed - am I in hell yet?) and after recovering from the black out from the pain that it caused I was told the swab was clean. Like I didn't already know. So I'm sick of doctors talking about STD's and ******* UTI's.

26 now and i've had this for 3 years now, weird thing is my case is similar and dissimilar to you guys at the same time. I have all the symptoms but not as extreme as you guys. The extreme burning after masturbation/sex has only happened to me only about 3-4 times in the last 3 years. But it always burns during urination only to a degree of discomfort rather than pain, most noticeable at the tip. I have noticed that the more concentrated my urine is at the time the more it burns (usually after drinking a lot of caffeine and not to much water). I do also experience sensitivity on the tip of my penis to the point that water hitting it while taking a shower is discomforting , and drying myself with a towel after wards is a nuisance, having sex without a condom is irritating as well. I use condoms on a regular basis always Durex.

Perhaps all of you can mention your condom usage habits, could it be related to an allergy flaring up from the latex?

I find that drinking water,cranberry juice especially beer(casual drinker) contrary to some comments on this thread , to dramatically decrease the burning sensation.

As a last note I would like to note that all of us need to get this word out rather than bottle it up, I'm totally fed up of doctors telling me its a STD or UTI. I even get the burning sensation in my sphincter while taking a dump on occasion.

Good Luck To All , I hope we can get a solution soon and if not at least an answer to the cause would be sufficient. Be sure that I will post it here if I find out as its my number 1 priority.
You'd think doctors might search these very specific symptoms and discover this discussion. Unfortunately most are not firm believers in the power of sites like this to assist in the diagnosis of unusual symptoms. Given the periodic nature of the symptoms we can discount the possibility of a UTI. STI is also not likely since it seems people who have not been sexually active are experiencing these symptoms.

I have been experiencing this problem for several years though it occurs very rarely. It seems to occur more often when I have a full bladder, and when I have sex or masturbate longer before ejaculation. It does seem almost completely random. Fortunately, it also seems harmless, so the best you can do is probably just hope it doesn't happen often. Don't worry, and don't bother telling your doctor, your probably more educated on this problem than they are after reading this thread!
well i am 18 and this pain just started happening like over a year ago for the first time, and it just happened again last week. I am in OK shape. i dont drink alcohol, i workout, i eat healthy, and i do have some junk food/unhealthy foods. i am not sexually active but do "the deed" like once a day or sometimes like 3 a week (not that much) but its been happening. dont know whats up with me. i ejac and it doesnt really hurt, but then i go pee right after and it burns the tip.
when i pee i feel a sting on my penis after wet dream i used to masterbate for like 1 year but i quit and i havent  had sex when i feel a sting or burning after a wet dream is it normal
I've had this problem when i was 7...i went to the doc and he told me to pull my fore skin back wen i pee..i did that and it went away..im 17 now and its back and pulling the foreskin doesnt do anything..warm baths do help..thought i would post that to see if it helps...im so glad to know its not an std
When I was 9 or 10 I was diagnosed with CHRONIC CYSTITIS. The symptoms and pain are exactly as described by many here. The only thing to add is it seemed to be happening worst when I was in the cold for a long time. I was treated with a course of antibiotics and for a while there was no sign of the problem.

Nowadays (I'm 24 now) I'm having that problem every now and then, especially if sex is a plenty (3 times a day). Sometimes it also happens after masturbating. As before, cold seems to contribute to the issue, as I don't recall it happening during summertime.

I'm quite certain the condition is related to an infection process associated with the condition, as when I live clean (good food and plenty of liquids) I don't seem to have it.
I have this same problem about once a month and cant offer an instant relief solution but i do have these tips:

1. Be sure you are clean down there and change your underwear everyday.

2. If you expierence these symptoms do not try to urinate unless you really have to.

3. The closest thing you will get to instant relief would be sleeping pills.

4. leave it alone cause touching it only iritates it more along with trying to urinate when nothing but small dribbles come out.
That almost describes me to a T.  My stuff started about 5 yrs ago at ~24.  After having the Dr do the metal "dipstick down the tip" test, I have not been right.  After a month recovery from that pain.  I started noticing that it would hurt to have sex in certain positsions.  At the time I swore it was something sharp inside my girls vagina.  After many Drs visits and getting us both checked for EVERYTHING, we both came back normal.  

-Since then I have come to realize, that it is not her vag, but rather my shaft.  Just squeezing the tip of my penis (and halfway down the shaft) hurts.  Never before did it EVER hurt like that.  If I am too rough with it during masturbation.....look out!  Ouch the peeing will burn!  Same for sex.  It makes having sex a scary thought and is very hard for any position other than me ontop, in full control, with the girl lying motionless (boring).

- I randomly get pain during urination. Lately I have noticed hurting a bit more after ejaculation. Like one guy stated, when sitting there doing nothing, I will get a quick sharp, stabbing pain at the tip of my penis for one second and I am like, "WTF?!?"

-Could the dr have damaged the interior lining of my penis?

-My uroligist now seems to think that it is a stricture and wants to perform a cystiscope.  Sounds pretty painful from what I have gathered. Even being under anesthesia, 2-3 days afterwards of painful burning doestn sound fun.  Especially if it doesnt CURE my hurt member.

-Can the cystoscope procedure acutally remove the scar tissue (stricture) and leave me witha  healthy penis?

-Or is it something else?  

-For me vast amounts of alcohol seem to make the urine flow nice and smoothly, pain free.  Even ejaculation is painfree drunk.  Go figure.

-My last thought, I used to jerk off then go to bed withoutcleaning up or peeing.  Only to wake up in the middle of the night or next day, go to pee and my tip is crusted together with semen.  I almost think that maybe the urine forcing the crusted semen out could have done some damage too.  Half asleep I woould forget to check and it would feel likea tearin sensation and pee would fly everywhere.  So now urinate and washed right after ejaculation.  Too bad that is starting to hurt now.

I am on the verge of cutting my penis off, no sh!t.  Then jumping off a cliff perhaps.  Could to hear I aint the only "FREAK" out there.  
how old are you guys i am 15 and i constantly get this is this normal
Well guys the problem is actually real simple. Friction! The tip of the penis is getting chafed. Its the same idea as if you got chafed legs and decided to go take bath in salt water or a vat of alcohol. Not the most comforting idea and actually makes me squirm thinking about.

Now part of the problem is hydration, but remeber that water is only part of hydrating, the other part is lipids(i.e. vitamin E, fats) Make sure that if you are working on the hydration part, that you supplement. As humans we hydrate from the inside out not the other way around. The one way to do this through foods is good oily tropical fruit. That and if you get *head* it makes the ejculate not taste so funky. Several good options are mango, pineapple, avacado, and lychees are supposed to really make it taste great.

Friction being the other part of the problem, a good lubricant is the best option. I suggest on the especially sensitive days that you use carmex. Just like you use on chapped lips, use on chafed wang. I personally always bring it with on mountain hikes for when I get chafed thighs. While any type of lip balm is useful I like the tingly medicated feel it has. Now its best to apply before sex or masterbation (masturbation), not midway through. Reason being is that you have already started to inflame the glands there. If you do apply late make sure to possibly spend a little time in the bathroom wincing.

As for you chronic masterbaters, take it a little slower! Its not a race. You will win, just enjoy the journey while getting there. Just make sure you are well lubed.

Oh, just for good measure make sure you get screened for the regular STDs. I know it is real labor intensive to pull yourselves away from Stumbleupon, but I am pretty sure thats why laptops got invented! Well, that and mobile pron!

If you have any questions regarding this issue please feel free to email me at ***@****.

Ciao for now
I have the same problem. I have read all the comments and I have noticed, like alot of people, that it seems to have something to do with drinking alcohol. I have had the problem without drinking alcohol but if my memory serves me correclty, this was after repeated masturbation. I would speculate that drinking alcohol relaxes some muscles in that region and causes a strain to occur. With regards to the idea that friction is the cause, I think that this is valid so far as the burning at the tip of the penis during urination is concerned, but the other symptoms do not really fit that cause. I am going to see a doctor soon and so I will post after that with the professional opinion. Try not to worry too much lads, and if it gets too much, just stop masturbating (or having sex if you are fortunate enough) but I will say that online medical forums are sometimes bad because that can make you either get too worried about something or not pay something the proper attention.
I have chaffed it before when I was young, but this AINT due to chaffing.  Its definitely something on the inside of the peehole, right where the head connects to the shaft (bottom side).  Some days are worse than others... that makes it even more frustrating.  I took a month off from sex and masturbation, it helped none.  The ex must have a  voodoo doll with pins directly in it groin.  
I went ot the doctor and he was reassuring. Obviously I cant be sure that what people are describing here is the same as what I have experienced. He said that if it wasnt happening all the time it wasnt anything to be worried about. As its in my case. He said that men often occasionally get strage sensations after ejaculation.
Hey guys, great to see this forum...hehehaaaa..the moment I saw these posts I bursted out laughing as I coulndt believe so many are having same problem. Its been going on since many years to me and thorugh my experience I assume the BODY HEAT causes this problem.
Body heat is mainly increased due to foods like chicken, alchohol etc.
I have tried experimenting and when I dont have these I never got the pain.
How ever its reccomonded to visit the doctor.
Hope this helps.
wow, i have the same problem. so crazy. i sort of feel like it has something to do with when i masturbate and wipe my tip off with something dirty (dirty cloth, rag, even my finger) it is worse. i do not drink alcohol and i get it. maybe it has something to do with dehydration, it happened a couple minutes ago and i was in the desert earlier this morning, drinking a lot of water. so either too much or not enough liquid? peeing is only temporary relief. it only happens after masturbation, never after sex, only at night time. i am a strict vegetarian and am 28 years old, very healthy. maybe it has something to do with the ph??
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are various causes for pain at the tip of the penis. Exact diagnosis is difficult without examination. However here is a list of diseases that can cause pain at the tip of penis: genital herpes, infected prosthesis of the penis, infection under the foreskin of uncircumcised men (balanitis), inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), cancer of the penis, erection that does not go away (priapism), injury, Peyronie's disease, pimples, Reiter syndrome, sickle cell anemia, syphilis, and urethritis caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea. Also maintaining poor hygiene as in cleaning the tip with dirty things can cause balanitis or any other infection. You must get a STD panel done once since you are sexually active.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hey PainfulPenistip its me notAstd again.

Just wanted to check up on you to see if you have any updates since we are exactly in the same boat. Especially with the part when you said you could have swore she had a sharp thing in her vagina. It bothers me most during penetration and I get a sensation that sharp hairs were prickling me like thorns, the pain and discomfort it caused would usually put my man of steel into a pool of flaccid meat. So for awhile I thought it was maybe because of her fresh shaves, I told her to grow a bush and still the same sensation.

Checking with my hand there was nothing sharp to the touch.

Has for the burning during urination its extremely mild and not a problem. But the sensitivity and discomfort are the ultimate problem. I even have a tickly feeling in my urethra at times combined with a burning sensation that radiates from around the shaft area. Which can drive a person insane, but it comes and goes and has nothing to do with diet.

I think I am gonna go for another full check up combined with a cystoscope and a full Prostate checkup.

Ive been through Ciprox, Titro , Anti-Fungal Creams and something for bladder infections (forgot the name, made my **** red though). Absolutely nothing happened.

So far there is nothing that has enhanced my symptoms except for one thing. I was away from the fiance for about 8 months and took a 2 week vacation to go and see her and during those 2 weeks I absolutely had no problems. Those 2 weeks happened to be the only 2 weeks I was absolutely happy. Stress Related or a Coincidence? So I think about it again, 3 years ago when I graduated from university the degree of my symptoms got a lot better and it has stayed that way until now.

I have heard of people with similar problems that went through massage therapy called (Trigger Point Release) and had their problems solved. It was a problem related to the Bladder Valve muscle not opening and shutting correctly, hence why Hot/Warm water eases the pain. Maybe because it relieves the tension in the muscles?

Other than that my best guess is Chronic prostatitis for the time being.

So after extensive research I have narrowed it down to the following.

1)Trauma (that may have caused a stricture/scar tissue) (Cystoscope)
2)Bladder Valve muscle issues (Solution: Trigger Point Release Therapy)
3)Stress (Solution: Lots of Iron and anti-depressents)
4)Chronic Prostatitis (Prostate check up will help)

All of which are unknowns and will be pretty hard to sidebar. At least we are somewhere. Let me know what you think.
I have the same problem and I'm only sixteen. I'm not trying to come off as a baby but somebody please e-mail me at ***@****. I really wish to find a cure for this problem.
Wow!  This post bringsback BBAADDDD memories

I had this problem for years.  Long before ever drinking alcohol or having sex. I found the answer about 3 years ago and haven't had the problem since which is GREAT since it used to happen at least once or twice a month.  Just clamp down with the kegel muscle and don't ejaculate until the orgasm spasms stop.  ie Hold it in till you can't hold it in anymore.  This has the effect of making  the orgasm last longer and feel better.  It also gives your "plumbing" plenty of time to get setup.

Like I said, its cured me.  Good luck.
I have the same thing for about 8 years now, and it's gotten worse over the years.  I know that I have tried almost everything except kegel exercises and the holding it in till you can't any longer.
I stopped drinking caffeine, got on a better diet, I masturbate only 1 or 2 times a week for the most part.

One of my problems is I have to pee a lot, more often than most people so I like to pee RIGHT before I start anything, otherwise I usually have to pee in the middle of jerkin it, partly because I worry that I am going to have to pee so much that I do, like when someone tells you not to cough and then you feel like you have to immediately.

It happens to me about 50% of the time. Usually if I have to pee within 5 minutes after ejaculating it burns even if I don't pee.

These are all the things I've personally thought it could be from.

1. I have a problem peeing in public, "shy bladder". As a result there has been loads of times that I pushed out my pee forcefully, and I mean PUSHED. but doctors say "no".

2. I once (shortly before the problem started) did the classic zip up the goods after peeing, and I got it BAD, right in the tip, I could easily have some scar tissue. but doctors say "no".

3. STD, but nope, clean as a whistle.

4. I randomly will have really cloudy pee at random times a day, and if looked at RELLY closely you can see little pieces of something white floating around, and it BURNS like hell after I'm done, I got it tested and it wasn't jiz bits like I thought, it was phosphate crystals, THOUSANDS of em, but the top urologist in L.A. said that that wouldn't cause pain in any way and isn't a problem, ( doesn't make ANY sense to me, I thought we had figured it out)

I've gone to at least 6 doctors and 4 urologists about both of those problems with no results.

My most recent doctor is some hobby gobby guy, that I kind of feel is full of ****, but my mom insisted I give it a shot, and he said I have Reverse T3 ( Wilson's Syndrome ) and very low vitamin D levels.
( I also somehow have mono chillin' inside of me )
His solution is to have me drinking Asparagus extract tea every morning ( ******* grossest **** ever ) and taking all these homeopathic things and vitamin D pills.
Not a damn thing has changed, that was 6 months ago, but I have to admit I haven't been consistent with it, mostly because it's gross and I kind of think it's bull ****.

I had a cysto and they said everything is all good. ( worst experience of my life EVER by the way )

So now I've kind of lost hope, I think that I screwed up my Giz/Pee switch from pushing my pee out so many times and the phosphate crystals are from a lack of vitamin D. and since my urethra is so damn worked and scared and chaffed on the inside from all of this the crystals hurt like a ******* when they weren't supposed to.

But I'm glad I found this forum, first thing I've heard of other people having a lot of the same problems.

Update. I did a heavy metal test and I have REALLY high amounts of lead in my body, and mercury, it's the only thing they found.
I have to go once a week for five weeks and have an IV put in for an hour and a half that's going to fill me with stuff that gets rid of lead.
If it helps at all I will let everyone know.
ok i read up on the problem because i have it too. it seems to happen after i have sex and i need to take a fat ****. it has to do with the semen that is still inside your penis when you go to the bathroom as the semen and **** mix inside your wang they cause stinging to the lining of the inside of the penis which causes the feeling of pain in the tip of your penis. as you pee the pain subsides as it would when drinking water after eating a hot pepper but the pain returns as soon as the liquid is throw your penis. it last as long as 15-45min after sex or ejaculation. but no worries the only harm this causes you body is the stinging you feel other then that your A - OK to stop this from happening try pee'ing 30 min to an hour before or after you have sex or ejaculate. I hope this helps cause it bugged me for years. lol still douse when i am drunk ; )   safe Sex ahhhhh... just kidding ya
whats up every one? I am so greatful that i found this forum. i have been sufering for the past few years and i even accused women of giving me an std and later had to apologize after test came back negative.i am very sexualy active & also a frequent self pleaser. the tip of my penis burns constantly even as i type thisim squeezing ittrying to soothe it..i originally thoughti was burning from an std then eliminated that then i rememberd a few years back i sneezed while urinating & that was very painful & i never thought that was even possible but boy did it strain the hell out of my penis..anyways hot showers or baths do help but also dring plenty of water. i hate this uncomfortable feeling allday but im pleased to know there are people that understnd what i deal with on a daily basis
     As a kid, way before i ever came for the first time, I would have the same burning. It kinda made me feel like I had to pee, and peeing would give relief only momentarily, then it would return as soon as i finished peeing.
     Now I would say 95% of the time it happens after I ejaculate. Rarely will it happen independent of an orgasm. It makes sense to me that our internal valves are letting a bodily fluid back up in the wrong direction. I have noticed that if I make myself pee immediately after an orgasm, I avoid the whole ordeal.
Hey YetAnotherOne,

Just so you know I had a urinalysis that said I had phosphate crystals and have the exact same discomfort you have.

I think the Phosphate Crystals created an inflammation in the tract by irritating it.

Let me know what happens with your Mercury/Lead test. Could you be more detailed with the procedure exactly? and name of the examinations you went through?
I have the same symptoms as all of you and is almost comforting to know more than just me suffer from this condition! (not that I wish anyone to have this)!  I was just wondering if anyone also felt a really strong urge like having to pee along with the burning?  I know for me if I try to urinate while in this pain it makes things much worse.  It seems to only last about 45min to an hour though, but sometime the feeling lingers for a while after.  Anyone else feel like that?
This happened to me before i ever had sex as a kid so I knew it wasn't something I needed to see old cotton eyed joe about.

Funny thing is it rarely happens to me after sex but 7 out of 10 times when I walking my own snake. Why? It has to be in the motion that aggerivates the condition.

Im I alone I don't think so. Sex 1 out of 10 taming my shrew 7 out of 10 and only urinating helps me and time.

I hate this. Also when I was young I shook hands with the one eye pope alot. As many times a day as I could. Did I damage myself.

I want an answer? Prostate problems at age 13 don't seem right or does it happen to kids too.

is there anyone on here whos found any treatments or cures for this yet?
ive found that bactrim or cipro mainly bactrim will take this stingy away or subdue it.. and warm hot baths..if anyones had problems with testes pain please email me ***@****
So the procedure for the heavy metal stuff turned out to be bogus, I had more metal testing by my normal doctor (the one that told me I had high metals was a sort of homeopathic type of guy, not my typical doctor) and the results came back that I had completely normal metal levels, I think that homeopathic guy just wanted lots of my money.  

My vitamin d level is back to normal as well. So technically I'm in good health except for the random phosphate crystals that hurt like hell which still show up now and then, and the burning after the sperming. it goes up and down, haven't had it for a month or so but I can feel it coming on sometimes and I just drink tons of water, like 4 or 5 big glasses, till I feel like I can't take anymore,  that always helps, flush everything out, but that only works if you have easy access to a bathroom and don't mind going every ten minutes till you've peed out all the water. And it still hurts the first few times of peeing.

My doctor said I should go to a nephrologist, which is a doctor for kidneys case you dint know. So that's my next move,

btw - if i drink caffeine it's almost a guaranteed burn fest.  
I Keep on ejaculating all the time and my penis is always in pain lately and i dont know why?
My husband feels pain in his penis after having sex with me, a week ago. Its freaking me out, because I don't know if I was the one who had a problem or him. I have an irregular menstruation. I was confuse. please help!
I am also glad to find this forum, I have this problem frequently. It is the worst after masturbation, but it can be bad after vaginal sex as well. I think it is safe to say that all of us on here excluding women, masturbate too much...lol. i am having this pain right now, and figured i would check it out. what a relief, i knew it wasnt std cuz it is not everytime, mostly when i pull a double shift ...... if ya know what i mean. There is nothing you can do when it happens, just try not doing it so much........ I know right...lol good luck. Also a recovering alcoholic addict. Go dr. bob
Holy **** lmaoo u all have urinary tract infections 12 percent of men get them In there lives so it is not common I have one right now.u can have them for years n just not think nething of it but u need antibiotics to kill the infection becuz eventually it can spread to other parts of body example kidneys which is what hppened to me extremely painful get it checked out
This is due to ejaculating whilst your penis is on an angle. the tube inside your penis distorts and you need to blast out urine to make it straight again. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE TOILET AND URINATE WHILST YOUR PENIS IS STRAIGHT. AND THEN DRINK WATER AND DO IT A COUPLE TIMES. If you're in too much pain while waiting for the water to turn into urine, you can get an icepack and rest your penis on top of it BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG! maybe every 30 seconds give it a break. This problem is 100% normal and can happen to anyone and is not linked to any drug use or any sexually transmitted diseases.
I suspected that ejaculating at an angle theory is correct & also suggests that it can also happens if one is trying to withold their ejaculation. It happened to me quite badly when I was doing a combination of the above, I suggest that one can try the following

1. empty the bladder of urine
2. go and ejaculate while keeping the penis down or straight (during ejaculation, you may feel a hot flushing sensation)
3. do not pee immediately, do so after a minute or preferably two to 3 minute.
4. Pee as usual, emptying your bladder again. You should at this time be cleared of the burning sensation. (At this stage, you should be feeling much better)

After this, for guys who are overweight like me, I will suggest to cut down weight as well as obesity leads to a lot of problems that can lead to urine incontinence and prostate problems.

I also read about the kegel exercise from one of the member, I am going to try it. So the last two comments is really follow up for protective care.

Do not use this method as a quick fix too often though, ejaculation produces a cocktail of body hormornes that can derail the body physiology when over induced.

May you all be in good health!

Keep me posted if it works for you. I rarely post, but I have a heart for sharing what help me in this important issue, and hope if it works for more people, we can help our fellow brothers in need.

I have had the same problem & I have tried everything by drinking cranberry juice,drinking water,bathing,urinating,but I have not tried sleeping,but I Have layed down & it`ll ease down.Does anybody have any other suggestions?
I havent masterbated insince last year & I have been having problems like when I go urinate,then after a minute or two my penis will start burning & my heart will race & I feel realy uncomfortable.Does anybody have any suggestions?
did you have sex unprotected with a girl recently??? or just masturbating??? and when did it start happening after what??
I'm gonna go with the suggestion that it happens when you do it too hard. I too used to associate it with alcohol but there's a good chance you're doing it harder when alcohol is involved since sensitivity is down. Makes sense to me at least.

However, one thing no one has suggested that I'm curious about is whether or not it could be internal inflammation or reaction from a foreign substance (like lubricant, oil or dirt from skin, fabric fibers) etc. Thoughts?
A related discussion, Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning was started.
Whew. Defanitly glad not just me. ALL same symptoms.... Only ejaculate sex or m/b. Definatly not a hydration problem.... Maybe a little to do with diet but I believe it has alot to do with infection, inflammation, and ejaculating is not helping unless cured first by abstanaince for a little while. My only input. Btw it ***** being able to pee once in the morning and that's it but feelin like you have to all day, ***** so bad.
S uck s**
Omg thank god I'm not alone, I thought I had some sort of STD got "the swab" and takin blood test for labs and urin test, i'm very unhealthy diet wise but when it starts burning I don't leave the bathroom and drinking alot of water seems to help somewhat or maybe i just think it does, please someone get to the bottom of this, my second year of this **** tierd of being afraid of geting an  STD And having it hurt 20 times worse and everyday. Btw I've taken azithromycin and it does no help
Just thought about this while I was reading, does everyone here flex their **** during sex/masterbaition? Maybe just maybe it's constricting the urithra and causeing it to burn, it'll be hard but Ima try not to flex it while I'm cumming next time, may make things worse :/ I'm doin this one for all of us, wish me luck
it happens when your sperm gets into ur urine tract by not drinkin enough water before ejaculation
weeing after ejaculating helps because it clears the tract.
to aviod this try lying down with your back up for some time after ejaculating should help prevent this problem
Is the pain when you really feall you need to masterbate if it is then do not masterbate when feeling you need to really badly if not I would reccomend going to the doctors but it could be that some of your sperm has been stuck inside your penis this is why the pain goes a few minutes after u wee
A related discussion, Extreme pain in penis after ejaculation. was started.
I've got a redness on the middle of the head of my penis and a few red spots also. They appear after intercourse or masturbation followed with a slight tingle/itch in my urethra. The redness and spots are not soars don't raise above the skin and do not hurt to touch. I noticed after I shower approximately 30 minutes later the redness and spots are gone but still slightly faint. If I don't have intercourse or masturbate they do not appear at all. I'm wondering if this is an STD of some kind or just some type of irritation. My girlfriend says after about 20 minutes that her vagina gets soar almost as if ive torn her open a bit. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated thank you for reading
I read almost all of your comments and I was thinking, "gee, someone on the internet might have a solution." No, so here I am, with a solution, since everyone has the same questions and I almost laughed at some of the answers. (no offense.) Here's my theory: Ever notice that everytime you masturbate you have a strong urge to urinate? Well, that's because after sex or ejaculation your body cleans out the inner shaft. Like a woman who urinates after sex, men have the same system! That's the theory, here's the solution! Solution: When you masturbate and you ***, don't you just feel the need to do it again? Yes!! No. Don't do it, wait until you have to urinate, go to the bathroom, then after your body has cleaned out the excess semen, you can go again until you fall into a sex-coma. Any questions?
I have the same problem to but we all need to stop saying we have this problem and find an answer to it I'm tired of making love to my wife and the sitting in the bathroom waiting for the pain to go away while she falls asleep. There has to be an answer and if someone has one please let me know I am so tired of this problem please help find the answer and thanks for your time.
--the fed up penis burner
Been having similar problems here, the only difference is that my urethra itches constantly and doesn't let up too much. My bladder seems to have shrunk and feels awkward when i ****. Possibility of STD but I'm straight sure it's not. Have a buddy lives next to me and he has the same problem just a little difference in symptoms. We are both 19. How do I stop this itching and whatnot?
Yep - an answer sure would be nice. Never had my girlfriend complain about my see men stinging though... It's been maybe a half hour or so andy pain is gone - I can finally sleep.... lol. But damn is this annoying or what? I think it has to do with inflammation as well - I nearly smacked myself in the face with my soldiers tonight and woah did it burn... Also, I believe alcohol plays a roll. Only had five beers but still getting the issue. Same with lastnight. I've only had this happen once after unprotected sex (extremely intoxicated) - my bet is that was a different, more temporary, cause (yeast?) not sure... I haven't had this pain in at least six months and I decide to jack off after a few beers and ITS BACK'!!! Maybe the FDA is holding back like they do on cancer ;) (no offense, but there is a cure - economics baby... Economics...)
Im 15 and this happens to me once every other week , and ive found that if you masturbate when you have the pain/sting it eases the pain and when you ejaculate (the second time) the pain goes away. Hope i helped
Ive had this for many years (now 36 Ive had a few ejaculations) I was on here to see the cause so it wouldnt happen anymore. But it seems as if I might be able to help more then get help.  What I have found that is after I ejaculate I squeeze from the base of my penis slowly towards the tip and squeeze the seamen out of my penis seems to help.  When I don't do this I get that awful feeling.  Hope this helps also another remedy is to ejaculate again if you didn't do the squeeze technique and then make sure you squeeze.  It has worked for me
Ya i have the same problem..i dont knw what to do with this..nw i am afraid of doing this and my doubt is whether it would be a problem in my future marriage life...should i consult a doctor
Ya i have the same problem since i started doing masturbating..i dont knw what to do with this..nw i am afraid of doing this and my doubt is whether it would be a problem in my future marriage life...should i consult a doctor
Hey guys I've also been undergoing this prob for the past 3-4yrs and it ***** really bad. Yes it only last about 3min to an hour and drinking water helps to flush it out but it ***** when u gotta poop right after cause then ur gonna be stuck on the toilet thinking u have to pee for the longest time! Hah. I really hate this feeling whatever it is and I'm still waiting for an answer. My gues to what it could be tho is a tear in the urethra. When the pennis becomes to hardly errect it could possibly open the inside up a little causing fluid to irritate the urethra. But if anyone knows the forsure answer please put it up cause this is like one of the worst things I ever get!