Rapid Swelling on Head. No external injury.
HI! my girlfriend who is 26 had a lump on the right side of head, above temple, in the hair.  The bump was about like a grape cut in half, then a golf ball cut in half size within 2 days.  
she did not hit it on anything.  
she tried popping it, poking it (bad idea!), and nothing happened, half was harder than other half, but now after 2 more days the swelling has taken up half of her face, she is barely able to open her right eyes.  
The swelling is kidney shaped. About the size of a woman's hand. Also the right lymph is swollen in neck, which wasn't in the days prior when bump was growing.
she has seen a Dr. twice during 2 days, and they have given little help, but have drawn blood and are doing a culture on a tiny bit of pus that came out when it was cut into.  They were surprised nothing else besides that pus and some blood came out. They only prescribed an antibiotic and gave her a shot, and some pain meds. It has not gotten any better since. (1day) The skin is not red, just normal cauc. skin tone, a extremely poofy/swollen.
Seems to be an infection of some sort, but since it was filled with blood...?
She is anemic and has Vit. D deficiency, History of tract infections.
Very rapid growth, easily 800% in 4 days.
PAIN^3
It seems you are going to the wrong doctors.  With something growing so fast, they ought to be closely monitoring the situation- I'm thinking she should be in the hospital with doctors trying to get to the bottom of what's going on.  Is there a better hospital in the area where she could in to the emergency room?
there are plenty of hospitals, she just went to her primary care instead of seeking a specialist in infections.  They are treating it as if it is Cellulitis, but they don't have blood results for white cell count, or the cultures taken from the pus.  So they are having her get antibiotics through an IV 2x's per day for at least a week.
IV antibiotics a MUST!  I'm assuming the original doctors drew a complete panel of labs - CBC (which includes a white count), CMP.  Blood cultures take 3 days to grow out - yes go to a hospital.  A big teaching hospital if you can.  It's most likely infected with the bacteria Staph Aureus - probably methicillin resistant.  Commonly known as MRSA.  Good luck
The blood results I believe should come back very quickly on the WBCs.  The culture would take longer.  I'm glad they are treating her with antibiotics and hope she is getting some acidophilus in her orally (capsules or at least yogurt) at the same time, as antibiotics indiscriminately kill good bacteria along with the bad.