Recovered IV Drug Users - Vein Questions
My sister is a recovering drug addict (IV drug use)  I've looked up photos of track marks, but they all look so different.  Hers look like tiny pin dots up and down the top of her arm and in between the vein looks dark.  I also feel bad for her because she pulled her life together and if she is stuck with that "badge of DIShonor" for the rest of her life, I just can't think of anything worse. We both live in FL where long sleeves look stupid on anyone 358 days of the year.

1. Do these marks fade?   2.  Does anything help them fade?   3.  Is it against the law for someone to NOT hire her because of the scar, and if it's not.... is there any other type of injury that she could use as an excuse to the scar?

Thanks for the Help in Advance!

DaffyDucks Sister (family joke)

This discussion is related to collapsed veins from intraveinous drug use.
hi, ive been in the same situation as your sister but there is away of fading them and covering them but to be honest, other people wont know what they are as you and your sister are so focused on it they stand out, others whom are conscience of it wouldnt even notice. okay to help fade them het some , well cant spell it but phonetically HERE_IN_OID or something simalar and they will know what your talkng about( at pharmacy) and also vitamin E cream as any massaging of this scar tissue will break up, with the cream i mentioned it will or can cause a bruise as it breaks it down. ok some veins wont come back but others will grow ans take their place.In Australia its not illegal and most can wear long sleeves,to work but woman can use foundation or some make up to cover it.and their are plenty of things you can say caused it. was in hostipal years ago for long time, got burnt, etc.look they will fade and your conscience of them will pass as i know its taken me 3 year to finally wear t shirts..

i hope she stays clean..

i hope she stays clean..
sorry i posted twice in error, okay furthermore, its not illegal to have track marks for work etc but you options are less when the boss knows your an ex junkie ( sorry ex user) so they wont employ you, so best to keep a long sleeve on for any interviews.
the less anyway knows the better as this stuff stick like mud.
The best person for advice is a dermatologist. There are several techniques used, but all of them do not provide one hundred percent improvement. Make-up is another option. Long sleeve shirts are the best way to deal with this.
We've been racking our brains and an idea just came to me, what do you think of this as an excuse - a Doc did a very shotty job at removing a Tattoo? Say you got it done in a foreign country or something.  Does that seem plausable to you? She hasn't found a job yet, but I think thats more the economy...

If anyone else is reading this and has the same question, we tried something else and it isn't the best possible solution, but as makeup rubs off, this stuff called 'spray on nylons' once it's dried, stays on 110% longer without rubbing off on everything. Here in the US, it's usually sold in the drug stores in the same area as nylons and pantyhose. Even though it's water-proof and rub-proof --- I would still avoid wearing white because we went to the beach and sweating, salt water, a tiny bit came off on her cover [those bathrobes meant for beaches] and do not follow instructions and spray on hand and rub on skin-- hold it about 6 inches away and spray directly on the skin, give it a minute or two to start drying and use something to dab around the scarred area to blend it in.  AND believe it or not, spraying it with Aerosal Hair Spray helps sealing it in as well as shaving the area, even if it's your arms so the make-up doesn't look 'gooped' up on fine arm hair.

SO, these are not 100 percent solutions, but maybe they'll help someone out there until something better comes along. I'm even using the 'spray nylons' on my knees because those are HORRENDOUS looking with all the scars.