Same pain after gallbladder removed
I had my gallbladder removed a year ago tomorrow.  What led me to the surgery was 8 years of complaining of a burning pain under my right breast, which my doctor would write off as indigestion. After almost 9 years of complaining she decided she would order an ultrasound to 'shut me up' and found, of course, gall stones.  My gallbladder was removed and since then I STILL have the recurring burning pain, although now it's just a bit lower.  I called my surgeon a month after the surgery and he told me to 'give it 6 months to a year' and here I am.....still with this pain that interferes with walking, cooking...whatever.  there's no correlation between the pain and what I eat; as it's ALWAYS there if I'm on my feet 'too long'.  What could this be and why does it still hurt?
See another Dr and get a second opinion. You should'nt still be having pain after a year. Did your Dr tell you to stay away from greasy, fatty, fried foods? After you have your gallbladder removed it's best to make diet changes.    Remar
I had my gallbladder removed about eight years ago and I still have pain in that area. I went back to my surgeon and he was almost insulted that I told him I was still having pain, they did an MRI and found nothing. So I have no answers for you except that I did a lot of looking on the internet and found that a lot of people still have the pain even after their gall bladders have been removed.
The same thing happened to me 3 years ago.  I couldn't believe I was still getting the pain and thought it was now my liver or something else.
Turned out to be gastric reflux disease.  GERD..
I was prescribed protonix and that did the trick.  I had to take it every day for 2 years. Out of nowhere the problem went away on it's own.  Go figure.  
What I thought was gallbladder pain was GERD all along.  My gallbladder was bad but the pain I was experiencing was due to GERD.
Hope this helps!