Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Same pain after gallbladder removed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Same pain after gallbladder removed

I had my gallbladder removed a year ago tomorrow.  What led me to the surgery was 8 years of complaining of a burning pain under my right breast, which my doctor would write off as indigestion. After almost 9 years of complaining she decided she would order an ultrasound to 'shut me up' and found, of course, gall stones.  My gallbladder was removed and since then I STILL have the recurring burning pain, although now it's just a bit lower.  I called my surgeon a month after the surgery and he told me to 'give it 6 months to a year' and here I am.....still with this pain that interferes with walking, cooking...whatever.  there's no correlation between the pain and what I eat; as it's ALWAYS there if I'm on my feet 'too long'.  What could this be and why does it still hurt?
See another Dr and get a second opinion. You should'nt still be having pain after a year. Did your Dr tell you to stay away from greasy, fatty, fried foods? After you have your gallbladder removed it's best to make diet changes.    Remar
I had my gallbladder removed about eight years ago and I still have pain in that area. I went back to my surgeon and he was almost insulted that I told him I was still having pain, they did an MRI and found nothing. So I have no answers for you except that I did a lot of looking on the internet and found that a lot of people still have the pain even after their gall bladders have been removed.
The same thing happened to me 3 years ago.  I couldn't believe I was still getting the pain and thought it was now my liver or something else.
Turned out to be gastric reflux disease.  GERD..
I was prescribed protonix and that did the trick.  I had to take it every day for 2 years. Out of nowhere the problem went away on it's own.  Go figure.  
What I thought was gallbladder pain was GERD all along.  My gallbladder was bad but the pain I was experiencing was due to GERD.
Hope this helps!