Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Scabies? mites? fleas? whats going on?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Scabies? mites? fleas? whats going on?

k I guess I should say I started noticing bed bugs when I stupidly took a second hand bed from a relative and after a month or 2 I noticed a lot of itching. I threw out the bed and cleaned out everything and seemed fine for awhile. Until lately, about 4 months later the bed bugs seem to be coming back again. However I have not seen bed bugs but that seems to be what I think it is. I once again cleaned everything, isolated furniture, cleaned everything in hot hot water and once again seemed fine and I stopped itching.

But now that I have started a new job I seem to be contagious. All my coworkers start to itch like crazy when they're 3 feet away from me without physical contact! talk about mortifying. I went to a walk in clinic and the doctor couldn't see anything wrong with my skin, she said it was possibly just dry skin but I moisturize every day and I don't thnk dry skin is that contagious.

I itch only once in awhile, not as bad as before, itching does happen a bit at night but not much, when I do itch I can see clearly on my skin where I have scratched myself and then these little white bumps appear along the scratch and almost looks like poison ivy but goes away after about 15-20 min. When I'm out and about I don't itch at all but I notice a lot of people around me do.

So...what exactly can this be and what can I do to cure it? this is beyond embarrassing

'Dermatographic urticaria (also known as dermographism, dermatographism or "skin writing") is a skin disorder seen in 4–5% of the population and is one of the most common types of urticaria, in which the skin becomes raised and inflamed when stroked or rubbed with a dull object.'

Dermatographism can be caused by stress, tight or abrasive clothing, watches, glasses, energetic kissing, heat, cold, or anything that causes stress to the skin or the patient. In many cases it is merely a minor annoyance, but in some rare cases symptoms are severe enough to impact a patient's life.

It can be treated by antihistamines. Not taking hot baths or showers may help if it is generalized (all over) and possibly for localized (in a specific area) If not taking showers helps, you may have a condition called shower eczema. If it mainly affects your head you may have psoriasis. In rare cases, allergy tests may uncover substances the patient is allergic to. Using biodegradable or hypo-allergenic soaps and laundry supplies may help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria

Let us know if you need any other information and do consult a skin specialist if your symptoms persist.

Regards.
I haven't been terribly itchy in awhile. I tried Nix last night and seems to be helping. My main concern is having people around me itching without skin to skin contact. What kind of airborne mite could be causing that?
Sorry to post so much but this is driving me crazy and making me paranoid to be out in public. Ok I have stopped itching for the most part but people around me continue to do so...what can still be the issue?

You may not have direct skin-to- skin contact to spread scabies. This may be transmitted through beddings or linen.Thus the spread is through close personal contact and use. This condition is curable and therefore you may take immediate corrective action.

Let us know if you need any more information.