Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Severe leg pain

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Severe leg pain

Everyday I have severe leg pain in both legs it start as soon as I get out of bed in the mornings. Sometimes I cant go to work becouse it hurts to much to stand all day. I have seen a nerve dr. a arthritus dr. muscle dr, bone dr. and nothing is the problem. Sometimes I have lower back pain, I have had exrays, mri on my back and mra on my legs and nothing. It has been like this for a year now, I take Percacet for the pain but it dont take the pain all the way away, but it does get me to work. I am a medical mystery.  Can you help me, Are you up for the challange?
There are several reasons for severe leg pain.  

The MRI, plain films and MRA would rule out many of the major musculoskeletal and arterial problems that can lead to the symptoms.

This would lead to various types of neuropathies and myalgias.  

I would consider a nerve conduction test to evaluate for possible neuropathy.  An ultrasound can also be done to rule out a clot.  

Rarely, myalgias can be caused by inflammation and other muscle disorders.  Tests to look for the aldolase levels and creatinine kinase levels can be indicative of various types of muscle diseases.

A referral to a neurologist and rheumatologist can be considered for further evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
i have seen a neurologist and had an ultrasound and the needle test done on the nerves, and I have seen a rheumatologist, he seem kind of off the wall but said I had Fibramyalgia but the only things that hurt is my legs not the rest of me.
I have the same pain, with a bit of swallowing difficulty - also a certain kind of gnawing pain in both upper thighs, but went through absolute hell last year with gastro problems which todate remain undiagnosed.  They couldn't find what was causing all the stomach pain, now they want me back to check out the leg pain!  All the tests and x-rays and scans and soul invasion I went through last year has put me clean off seeing another doc in a hurry.  I have to become paralyzed before I go through another bodily invasion like I went through in 2006.  I find aspirin has been my saving grace through each attack.  As long as it works, I find the pain bearable.  I hope you find your diagnosis soon. Take care.
I have this awful legs pain also...along with burning feet. Its been 4 years now ...I do have appointment this coming week with neo surg...to take at look at my neck mri, I have same things going on in the neck area. But have no neck arm or shoulder pain. Its all in my legs??
A BOUT 5 MOUTHS AGO I WOKE UP TO BACK PAIN, JUST ON THE LEFT SIDE, A WEEK LATER THE PAIN LEFT AND I HAD PAIN GOING DOING MY LEG. A WEEK AFTER THAT PAIN STARTED SHOOTING UP MY LEG, MY BUTT AND MY LOWER BACK AREA ALL ON THE LEFT SIDE,,NOW I'VE HAD MRI, SPINAL TAP, ULTRASOUND(RULE OUT CLOTS) NERVE TEST AND THEY SAY THEY DON'T SEE ANYTHING.THIS HAS TO BE B.S. I AM CONSTANTLY IN PAIN..WHEN I WALK, SIT ON THE WRONG FOUNDATION...SOMETHING IS GOING ON WITH SOMETHING..I HAD VISITED THE PAIN CLINIC BEFORE SEEING THE ORTHOP. AND HAD BEEN GIVEN SHOTS, STEROIDS, AND PAIN MEDS.  DID ANYONE GO THROUGH HELL WITH A DOCTOR FINDING THE PROBLEM WITH SIMULAR PAIN.EVERYTHING I'VE RESEARCHED SAYS ITS AN HERNIATED DISK...

PLEASE HELP

IN PAIN IN ALABAMA
A related discussion, He's thinking suicide. Help! was started.