Severe pulling pain in belly button and penis.
I dont go to the doctor unless i know i need to, call it male ego but i just dont want to feel like a hypochondriac, but i do need some information / guidance on this topic.

The sharp pulling sensation behind the belly button i have felt before, although not as severely as i have just now and never before coinciding with an equally sharp very localized pain in the tip of my penis.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i stumbled upon this topic through googling my symptoms and found only one other related query to which there were no responses.

Thankyou.

^^^ i posted that last night before it happened again, in response to a thread of similar nature.
When i happened again i decided to go to the emergency room.

I was examined - though they seemed to be more interested in u.t.i's and s.t.i's at the mention of my penis - i was poke and prodded around the abdomen, and after a urine sample was cleared for u.t.i i was sent home told that i was fine.

No explanation however was offered for my symptoms and the nurse constantly referred to my stomach pain as a cramp; it was not a cramp i know what cramps feel like.

It happened four times in two hours, twice it happened around the time of needing to urinate, once while getting dressed.
I am fine now but i can make the stomach pain reoccur by stretching certain ways.
Any help would be appreciated.
My name is Reed I am 34 years old and have the exact same syptoms from time to time it feels almost like a string that is attached from my belly button to the head of my penis and if I stand all the way up or stretch/arch my back it sends severe shooting pains in both areas and I can't get an answer as to what it is either. So please if you have found one please email me at ***@****  
I have had this same issue many times since I was about 16 years old.  I am 36 now.  I have been to many doctors over the years and have never had a diagnosis that made any sense.

For me it is like a sharp pulling pain, and when it hits me it is very sudden and it doubles me over.  If I try to straighten out too soon or too quickly it strikes again and causes me to roll into a ball.  Sometimes I cannot straighten out for hours at a time.

If anyone has any clues about what this is or how to treat it, please chime in.  The doctors are all clueless about this, and I have to explain over and over that it is definitely not appendicitis - this is always what they want to focus on.
Iam 36 yrs old and have had the sharp pain that reedjones mentions it is the exact same i always thought it was some kind of hernia or somthing
I was comenting to my wife the other night when I clean my belly button and hit deep at the interior of it I some times feel a slight pain at the tip of my penis,  its gotta be a nerve thing, I would say maybe there is somthing going on out or inside your body causing iritation in the area and as a result geting the nerve transmission to the end of the penis..   Good luck
I have a very similar problem... when I stand up sometimes I almost feel like I am rippng my insides apart. The pain seems to be around the back of the belly button and sometimes deeper but still connected to the belly button. I do not have any pain at the tip of my penis however sometimes while having this pain if I try to urinate it gets extremely painful to the point I have to stop myself. I have been seaching for clues on what it is too, there seems to be a similar problem on the womens forum. Friends have suggested it might be a hernia however doctors never seem to feel anything while probing around. Hopefully someone will find out what this actually is.
I am a 43 year old female. While I do not have a penis I am experiencing the exact same sensation. A sharp pain from my bellybutton down to my groin. Like you said feels like a string. I can't find any answers either. I just thought you might like to know I don't think it is a strictly male problem.
I am currently going thru the same exact thing......at times i think i am going crazy since i took all sorts of tests and no one doctor has a clue as to what it might be.....mri's revealed no hernia and no ripped muscle i feel helpless and clueless
I am twenty years old. When I was about preteen age this happened to me and it continues to happen every few months while not in any kind of noticeable pattern. I have not managed to track down any common variables when this happens. The only thing I know is it is extremely painful. It tends to happen when in the morning or when I wake up. It literally feels like a string is attached from my belly button to my clitoris and It feels like my belly button is being pulled back and down into my body. While it is already painful, if I urinate or stand up too straight the pain is even worse. I just had it the worst ever a few minutes ago which prompted me to do some research. It generally lasts for a few hours, getting less and less painful as time goes on. I am tired of dealing with this and want to find a solution. All of my friends and family think I'm crazy.
I have also have this "string pain" 1-2 times a year for as long as I can remember, and even just thinking about it, I can always feel a slight twinge. Doctors seem to have no clue and play dumb! It HAS to be possible that some of them have experienced this odd pain and did their own research, and is it they DO know and had to swear an oath in medical school never to reveal the true nature, for the consequences of such knowledge would be too much a pandemic for society to handle?
I do not have a penis however, I may know what is wrong with you guys. The vasdifferens (sp?) that carries your sperm goes up into your abdomen. My hubby had a vasectomy & didn't have any issues but a friend of ours did. He was nearly doubled over in pain whenever it would happen. His urologist cut his vasdifferens too high up & he would get that pulling pain. Very bad after being cut or lazered. Don't know what you could do for it. Don't know if I was any help but hey, you learn something new everyday! Take care!
Jen
I've had this through out my life.
About 3-4 times a year.

It could be pressure on your bladder, as with me I've found its happened when I've not been for a dump (a full stomach could press against you bladder, and when I've been putting pressure on my abdomen.
Because I've also noticed, that when the pain happens, my abdomen feels numb, until the pain sets in, and I've not realised how much I've needed to go.

I've found when it happens..

1. When I was sitting in a slightly foward positon for along time. I'd not been to the toilet virtually all morning for either a dump or to urinate, and I'd not had much to drink either.

2. Again, when I'd not been to the toilet or drank much, and was doing alot of physical work, bending and stretching etc. I sat down and was almost a 'crunch' sensation in belly, and I found I couldn't stand up straight.

So now, I make sure I drink a pint of water with Cranberry juice in it, I go to the toilet regularly and to make sure I don't sit in one position for hours at a time.

I've only had 2 very mild occurances of it this year, and they've gone the moment I've taken pain killers.
A related discussion, navel pain was started.
Have felt the same way as all you guys. I think I have discovered a connection between the occurence and when I eat less food than I usually eat or when I don't eat at all in the morning and have to pee just before noon. This could begin to give a clue to the cause. I also noticed that I feel pain when I press a finger into my navel while other people don't. Maybe it has a connection with the way the umblical cord connection point to the navel healed after birth.
A related discussion, I have a theory was started.
A related discussion, Pulling pain under belly button to groin was started.
??
Hi everyone I hope I can help with my  experience in the problem in 10 years time    I want to start from that never trust doctors and their science as they are just a ******** so here we I have the problem for about 10 years now but all this pain and hard time I have experienced 4 points and I would Advice you to go through this 4 points and test them see how you feeling.           1.... Can we all check any trace of scar tissue in our head that could be a tinny wound during your live time  if yes then point the scar and rub some deep heat or muscle rub in the place see how do you feel .                            2.... Do an MRI scan for your neck find if you have any of these slip disc, disc compression, or a nerve trapped.....                                                         3.... Have test of  your bomb if you have any limp inside or out .                        4.... Test colone which I can prefer you to do the first and the fourth point very urgent... I hope I could help some people as iam still suffering with the problem
---"I want to post a response to
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/Severe-pulling-pain-in-belly-button-and-penis/show/400186
The same symptons have been felt and i think it is related to not eating and having an empty stomache. Sometimes when i dont eat in the morning and im sitting for a long period of time, when i get up quick into a standing position i feel the pain.  Also after releiving myself on the toilet to the point where i feel completely empty inside and when im finished and stand up the same pain can be felt. So if anyone has pains like this it might be related to stretching the stomache or intestines to much with an empty stomache"

Yep I have these exact same symptoms, I cant believe a doctor hasn't been able to figure this out yet!! Crazy to me that we all are left here with no solution or even an answer to what we are experiencing
I have had the exact same problem and the solution is not only easy as **** but is enjoyable. All you have to do is ***. Get your girl to give you some head really quick or if you're a loser go jerk off, either way it solves your problem. Hope this helps! :)
I have had the exact same problem and the solution is not only easy as f-u-c-k but is enjoyable. All you have to do is c-u-m. Get your girl to give you some head really quick or if you're a loser go jerk off, either way it solves your problem. Hope this helps! :)

- Edited: Sorry I do not know what causes this but this solution works 100% and all it requires is you having an o-r-g-a-s-m! I cannot speak for the women though, terribly sorry!