Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Skin Pain in Rib Area, but looks normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Skin Pain in Rib Area, but looks normal

For a week now, I've had terrible skin pain from my stomach, wrapping around my ribs to my back (both sides).  There is no visible rash, and the skin looks normal.  But is is extremely sensitive to touch...even just my t-shirt rubbing against it hurts.  Kind of feels like when I have the flu and my skin is extra sensative, but times 10!  I am also fatigued, having to take several naps per day.

Does anyone know what this could be?

btw - I am a 31 y.o. male.

Thanks!!!
I've just recently experienced this same exact feeling.  It started on my stomach and now goes up to my ribs and also on my back.  It hurts to wear a shirt or sit back in a chair and very sensitive to touch.  It feels exactly like I've been sunburned real bad when the area is touched....but looks normal.  That's the reason I came to this website for assistance/advice/opinions/help.  Looking forward to hearing from someone.  
Oh my gosh! Me, too! PLEASE let me know if anyone can diagnose this! It's just as you've said -- feels as if the skin is sunburned (sensitive to touch), but it looks completely normal, and it's just in my midsection -- stomach and back.
I have similar symptoms but I thought mine was only in my rib and back area - but I just did a second check and I might have the same symptons in the stomach area also...  never noticed it till now - because I have mostly noticed the skin pain when I move my arms or sit down or when my shirt moves...  I guess it is exactly what you described...   skin looks normal also,  was thinking maybe lyme disease as my Gfriend lives in an area with alot of ticks...
curious as to where the other people are regioned...  I live and work in the NJ-PA area...   Have been more tired lately also but I thought it was my more active lifestyle...   Still suspicious of lyme disease though...
  Mine has only been noticed in the last couple of days...
I am pleased to hear that someone else has experienced this strange skin pain( my wife thinks i'm nuts ).

I have been battling IBS and finally have that under control. I am  under a large amount of constant stress and I assumed that this was just another  reaction of stress and it would go away the next day. It has been staying with me for three days now.I cannot even have a shirt on due to the discomfort from it touching my skin. I have been experiencing a huge loss of energy lately and alot of joint and muscle pain. My doctor says he cant't help me and my chiropractor loves me.

If someone can help with what may have caused there skin pain, It would be grately apprciated.I have not seen a reply to this yet hope someone can help.
I have the same symptoms. Did it go away? Do you know what it is?
OK me too, it started about a week ago, in my rib area, left side, but now I feels is moving to the back around the same height. Possible causes are flu in the skin (weird), shingles although I have no rash or blisters and I forgot what else it could be.

So, has anyone found a reason for this?
I have the same symptoms. It started about two weeks ago. The shin on my ribs from my sternum back around to my back hurts, itches and is starting to feel numb. Has anyone found out what may cause this. Everyone thinks I am crazy because there is no swelling  or rash.
i have had this since march very sensitive, but responds to antibiotic creams, please help.
sarah
get yourselves tested for lyme AND co-infections- DEMAND a western blot and get your copy youself ifyou do not test positive. Then ask questions regarding the results of the blot online . I have had those symptoms, then they subsided, then fatigue, muscle joint pain and the list goes on and on after years of misdignosis.
A related discussion, Skin irritation was started.
I have similar after wearing my gym tshirt since then uv had irritation with no outward sign no rash or itch or anything just sensitive in the area. Wish I could get rid of this it's been 5 days now and no better at all. I'm gonna make appt with doc Monday so let u know
Me too wish someone could cure it!!!