Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Slow blood flow during donation

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Slow blood flow during donation

I tried to donate blood today, but the person with the ARC said that my blood was just trickling out. Someone came to assist, but it didn't help. Consequently, air got in the line and they stopped the donation saying that it was now contaminated. I noticed the last time I gave blood that it seemed to take longer for me than for others. (Several people who started their donation after me left before me.) What may cause this? Should I be concerned? Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Avatar n tn
I think it has to do with your blood pressure. The higher blood pressure and faster heart rate you have the faster the blood comes out.
DRINK MORE WATER BEFORE YOU GO
Thank you for your response. My BP is 98/50, so that may be a big factor.
Thank you for your response. Dehydration is also plausible. I always try to pump up my water consumption prior to donation, but maybe it's still not enough. It could be that I'm just not a good candidate for blood donation. Thanks again!