Small, itchy, raised red bumps in clusters?
For years I've been having this skin problem. It's affected mostly my torso and lower backside/upper back thigh area, never my face or limbs. I had raised itchy bumps that would spread all over the area on which it formed. At one point, the length of my torso and almost my entire backside was covered in these bumps, which I had scratched enough for them to bleed a little and then turn into brown, scaly, dried-up scars. Eventually, with enough topical creams, the scars fell off and I'm now left with a darkened patch of skin on my stomach, as well as all over my backside, and they look like bruises (luckily, though, they've been lightening over the years and are not as noticeable as they once were). Now, the small itchy bumps are returning. I have a small cluster on my stomach where the big one used to be, and another one on the back of my upper thigh. I've been applying hydrocortisone cream, but I'm afraid it's not enough because it seems to be spreading, and I'm afraid of what it could be. Has anyone ever experienced this before? What could it be? Just eczema or something more serious? Along with the usual advice about seeing my doctor, I'd really like some insight.
thanks for the query,

It seems like you are suffering from a fungal infection suggested by the itching sensation.Stop using a hydrocortisone cream, you will require antifungal medication for which you must consult a dermatologist and get it examined and receive a confirmed diagnosis.

Wish you good health
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Itchy localized rash can be due to allergic dermatitis, eczema, scabies, contact dermatitis, shingles, psoriasis, fungal infection like or Tinea. If there are itchy bumps then it could also be warts, which is a HPV infection. Scaly rash could be due to atopic or contact dermatitis, psoriasis or even eczema.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining the rash. Please consult a skin specialist.
Take care!