Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sore muscles for no reason

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sore muscles for no reason

Suddenly I am having muscles soreness in a few random spots on my body.  It started in the heels of my feet, it isn't my whole foot, just one particular spot by the heel.  I haven't bought new shoes or anything recently, or been standing anymore than usual.  It is the exact same spot on both feet, and there does not appear to be any bruising or anything.  This started about a week ago.  A day or so after, my right shoulder started hurting very badly.  It feels as if if I pulled a muscle in it or something.  I will add that I do not work out (haven't in a few months) so there is no reason my muscles should be sore.  Anyways, my shoulder hurts the worst.  Again, no bruising and it doesn't appear to be a knot or anything (or at least I can't find it).  Now I have neck pain on the same side as the bad shoulder which started a few days ago.  It's like it's adding a new spot every day or so.  My lower back is now starting to mildly hurt.  Am I being paranoid or could there be something wrong?  I had some Excedrin Back & Body at my house, so I took some of that which helped for a few hours.  My biggest worry is that I haven't done anything that could cause this soreness and it isn't getting better.
Im not really sure about your feet. But as to the other problems, you could just be sleeping wrong. When i sleep the wrong way my whole body hurts for a while. Also it could be ur mattres. It could be to soft or to hard. I would go to the doctors to see if there is a reason other then sleeping wrong or you dont have a good mattres
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I agree, it could be due to a wrong posture at sleeping. It can also be due to pinched cervical spinal nerves, Vit D or Vit B12 deficiency, ankylosing spondylitis causing multiple pinched nerves, chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thank you for your suggestions.  I first assumed it was sleeping posture as well, because that has happened before where I'll wake up with a neck "twitch".   However, it's never hurt this bad before, never gotten worse like this, and never lasted this long.  The combination of these things and the other muscle pains on other random spots of my body caused me to worry a little bit.  I plan to give it a week or so to see if it gets better and then go to the doctor.