Sternum area pain
I've been having pain in my sternum area for the past four years. I mention it to my primary care doctor when it first started. Since that time the symptoms have gotten worse the lump has gotten larger and having problems breathing at times. This past May was being treated by an orthopedic doctor for a back problem. I mentioned it to him and he was kind enough to have a prescript for a CAT scan done all my sternum area. The results showed that I had a fracture in the xiphoid with the right side of the fracture pointing upwards. The orthopedic doctor told me to bring this matter up with my primary care doctor, which I did. He has prescribed pain medicine for the pain. I also have a pacemaker defibrillator due to weak heart and when I start having a sharp pain in my sternum area I start to worry about my heart
ive had pain in the sternum for 20yrs. had loades of heart work ups nothing wrong but as you already have pacemaker i would go back to your doc for an explanation giving you pain killers wont stop you worriying so back you go good luck