Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stinging pain in upper left abdomen area

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm not sure what this could be. I've had this stinging pain (it almost feels like something tearing) and tenderness in my upper left abdomen area. It's tender to the touch but I feel it inside too so it's not just topical. I feel it more when I'm moving or bending over. I also have some bloating in the whole abdomen area.
Anybody have any idea what this could be?
  • mrs (2 replies):
    My dr said I have gall bladder polyps. makes me worried ...[more]
  • Wasp sting (2 replies):
    I was stung five days ago by a hornet. One bite was ove...[more]
  • ache in back (4 replies):
    Hi, I keep posting because the Dr.'s apparently think e...[more]
  • Abdomen pain
    I am 23, and i am suffering from abdomen pain. I have pa...[more]
  • stinging of night (3 replies):
    Hi I would really love it if someone were experincing or...[more]
COULD IT BE THAT YOUR PREGNANT?
No,  I'm not pregnant.
Sounds like overies. I have the same on my left side.  The dr said overies (for me).  Need more information though. When does it hurt? daily, weekly, monthly, once-in-a-while, after eating? Do you get sick, go to the bathroom? Hot or sweats?
you should definately go to a doctor though.
I just noticed it a few days ago and tried to ignore it, thinking I slept funny or pulled a muscle or something but hadn't felt this before. It's mostly on the left, going towards the center over the rib cage area. It feels like it's stinging and I feel it more when I bend over or move around, walking, etc.
I haven't gotten sick and it's constant, not just during certain times.
I'll try to pinpoint the area a little better. You know that open area in front between the ribs? It's in there but more to the left side, not centered.
I'm really noticing it anymore. I think before I was so busy I could ignore it. I hope it's nothing to worry about.
I made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll find out something then. I've noticed that the pain is mostly on my left but also a little towards the middle and right side now. It feels about the same or maybe even a little worse today. I hope I find out something soon.
So far the blood results, urinalysis and x-rays show nothing. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound Monday morning and the doctor wants me to see a GI doctor. I sure wish I could figure out what's going on! It's frustrating and not getting better. It still hurts. :(
So the ultrasound showed a pretty significant gallstone in my gallbladder but the doctor said he didn't see any inflamation (inflammation) and with my pain being more on the upper left going towards the center rather than on the right where the gallbladder is he doesn't think that's what's causing the pain. He still wants me to see a GI doctor. I don't know what to think anymore!