Strange tingling/bubbling sensation *inside* anal area
Hi guys,

For the last few days I have been experiencing a strange "tingling" pulse from what feels like a few centimetres inside my anal passage. It occurs once every slow count of four or five, lasting for about two seconds. If you imagine what squeezing a small sponge underwater and letting the bubbles hit your hand feels like - it's kinda like that. Google has not helped.

Some background:

1. I'm female, 30, I have four sexual partners in my history, three male, one (current) female. None have any sexually transmitted diseases; I never had unprotected sex with any of the three men, and my girlfriend had never slept with anybody when we got together two years ago.

2. We do not engage in *any* sort of anal play during sex, so nothing of any kind has been inserted.

3. I do not have my period and am not due for another two weeks.

4. It is completely painless and does not seem to affect urination or defecation. There is no blood or discharge from anywhere.

5. I am a physically clean person, as is my girlfriend. I shower twice a day and our house is spotless.

6. Perhaps most importantly - I work for an organisation that provides residential care for people with intellectual disabilities. They have a non-disclosure policy that prevents us from knowing if any of the people we are working with have any kind of communicable diseases. Naturally, the workers take sensible precautions, but last year a friend contracted golden staph from his workplace. I guess there could be something I don't know about, but I have no way of finding out.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Zing
Does it "itch"?  Try to clarify what it feels like...and if it feels a certain way before or after a bowel movement..
I also have that syptoms and yes there is itching all the time but does stop sometimes, I ve had it for two days now but the bubbly tingling feeling stops sometimes as well please let me no thanks.

sean

How are you?
The likelihood of STD is very less. It may be because of dryness or an anal infection. I would suggest you to consult a gastroenterologist as soon as possible.
Meanwhile keep the area clean and well lubricated and make sure you are not constipated.
Take care!

I have been having the same anal tingling for the past couple of days.
What have you found out about it?