Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swelling on left side of body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swelling on left side of body

I am 36 and have celiac disease and a dairy and soy intolerance. I have anemia and a B12 deficiency for which I get weekly shots for (the B12).Three months ago the left side of my body (including face) swelled considerably- I went to the doctor and had an MRI and bloodwork and all came back negative . The swelling eventually went down, today I noticed that I started swelling again on the left side, its a little numb and tingly but not painful. My doctor was at a loss for what is happening, and insinuated I was making it up- even though the nurse practitioner measured 1 inch size difference from my left side to right. I live in a small town without access to doctors that may be more experienced. Any help in an assessment would be great, as I am very anxious and worried about what is happening to me.

My mother passed away of breast cancer at the age of 42- and I am worried I am missing the warning signs... are there any tests you would recommended related to this swelling that may be indicative of infection or pre-cancer? I am the mother of a young child- and want to stay alive for her as long as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 Comment
any swelling of one side needs to be checked at a E.R asap it could be many things kidney problems,liver,heart its your bodys retaining water which isnt good please dont delay and get it seen asap