Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swelling on left side of body

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swelling on left side of body

I am 36 and have celiac disease and a dairy and soy intolerance. I have anemia and a B12 deficiency for which I get weekly shots for (the B12).Three months ago the left side of my body (including face) swelled considerably- I went to the doctor and had an MRI and bloodwork and all came back negative . The swelling eventually went down, today I noticed that I started swelling again on the left side, its a little numb and tingly but not painful. My doctor was at a loss for what is happening, and insinuated I was making it up- even though the nurse practitioner measured 1 inch size difference from my left side to right. I live in a small town without access to doctors that may be more experienced. Any help in an assessment would be great, as I am very anxious and worried about what is happening to me.

My mother passed away of breast cancer at the age of 42- and I am worried I am missing the warning signs... are there any tests you would recommended related to this swelling that may be indicative of infection or pre-cancer? I am the mother of a young child- and want to stay alive for her as long as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
any swelling of one side needs to be checked at a E.R asap it could be many things kidney problems,liver,heart its your bodys retaining water which isnt good please dont delay and get it seen asap
A related discussion, My MOM has swelling only on her leftside was started.