Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-215 comments:
Okay i have 1 swollen lymph node of back of my neck ... i went to the dermotlogist and she check it out and she said it appears to be alittle swollen so yeah ... anyway she said does it hurt ? and i said no and she was like okay then  i'd just leave it alone ... anyway what could this be ? its been swollen for like 1 month it doesnt even hurt but i crack my neck alot and stuff like tht could it be because of tht ? do i have cancer ? HIV or something like tht ... its just kind of weird ... oh yeah and like i have bad acne well had bad acne and im on antibiotics and Vitiamn C could like the antibiotics like cause the lypmh node to like inflame or whatever it doesnt even hurt when i touch it ... WHAT is this ? plz and she just said leave it alone oh and also like acouple months ago i had like a really bad head injurie could this be from tht ?
Hello, everyone. It started in 2003 where I kept feeling like I had some lumps under my chin.  I could not actually feel them with my hands, but kind of felt like there were some lumps there like when I would turn my head sometimes, or lift my head up.  I didn't really know if maybe it was my imagination.  I went to my Primary care physician, and told him my concern.  He felt my neck and referred me to get checked, mainly to ease my concern about it as he said he could barely feel them himself.  In December of 2003, I ended up having a CAT scan done of my lymph nodes in my neck and under my chin.  I was told that one of them was just over 1 cm, and that was a need for concern, so the radiologist had recommended I get a needle biopsy done of the largest lymph node.  

However, a few weeks later, when I went to the surgeon for the biopsy, the surgeon would not do the biopsy after looking at my CAT scan x-rays.  He said that I had several enlarged lymph nodes and he would not know which one to biopsy.  Being that several were larger than normal, he suspected that I could be one of those people that just happen to have larger lymph nodes.  He wanted me to wait 6 months and get another CAT scan, and then compare the two to see if there was any changes.  Well, because I am so nervous about all the radiation from a doing a CAT scan again, and the fact that my nodes were not bothering me, I never followed through.  Now, here it is 6 years later.  I really do not have any of the symptoms for lymphoma or cancer, but I know there sometimes is no symptoms.  I mean, I have woken up a few times with being very sweaty, but I think it was just because the air conditioner was off and the room became warm. My back might have been wet, but my whole body wasn't drenched.  I definately do not have a weight loss problem or loss of appetite.  And really none of the other symptoms.  I do have an itchy back that really itches sometimes, but it is not like chronic all day long type itching.

Over the 6 years, every year I went to my Gynecologist and primary care doctor for regular check-ups, blood tests, urine tests and no mention when they felt my neck that something was wrong.  Anyway, today I went to the Gynecologist, and I was talking about the lymph nodes from years ago, and when she felt my neck, she said that she felt an enlarged lymph node on my neck, just under my chin area.  She thinks it is reason for concern and now I have an appt. to see my primary doctor to check it, and possibly refer me to a surgeon to look at it or for another CAT scan to be done.  I personally feel that if it was lymphoma or another type of cancer causing the lymph nodes to be enlarged in 2003, that over 6 years time I would have some symptoms, the cancer would have spread, lymph nodes would have become larger, or something.  However, my gynecologist disagreed and said I don't know for sure until I have it checked out.  I guess it could be possible for it to be a very slow progressing cancer, where I would still have no symptoms, but I am wondering how common that is?  Wouldn't the cancer or lymphoma be much worse after 6 years?  Does anyone know about this?  Do you think I have reason to be worried about having lymphoma?    

I am 38 yrs old maile.In routine CBC(Dec2009) found that my platelet count is 66000 rest all within normal range. I had Ultrasound of neck lymph nodes. It say as follows.
"Two prominent lymph node are seen in  upper Right Anterior measuring 1.2X0.6 cms, 1.4X0.9 cms.Two prominent lymph node are seen in  upper Left Anterior measuring 1.3X0.6 cms, 0.8 X0.5 cms.
Three nodes are seen at the angle of mandible measuring  0.5 X0.3 cms,  0.5 X0.7 cms 1.0 X0.5 cms. Larger nodes have lost their normal central hilar echoes and follow up is indicated.
Is this(Echo pattern) is one of the gold standered for differentiating malignant from benign one, When discovered on Ultra Sound.

Appreciate your response
with Many Thanks and Regards
I think you need to have that interpreted by a doctor or pathologist. Also only through biopsy that you'll know if it is malignant or not and not by ultrasound.
thanks supercross

I have an appointment with hematologist/oncologist next week. I will ask him. i hope looking at the ultrasound results he might suggest lymph node biopsy?
I asked my family doctor she said it can be malignant and can be infection that you don't know. and said we will check .
Due you think its just a shotty node, it feels like it appear out of nowhere. I had low platelet count 66, she didn't even check for lymph nodes if its swollen or not , i asked her to check she said its enlarged but its OK, i insist her for ultrasound and in ultrasound i got above results . i don't even know how long nodes been enlarged. soe thimes feel like it was like that only but don't really know.    
i had abdomin (abdomen) ultrasound  done and chest x ray also its normal
They say sometimes lymph nodes grow big due to infections and never go back to normal undetectable size even after an infection is cured. If this is your case then it is good news for you and you don't have to worry as long as the lump doesn't bother you. As I've pointed out and quoting from what I've read, it is only through biopsy that you'll figure out if it is malignant or not. They can do it through incision or fine needle aspiration. Incision is more precise since they'll take out the whole node and examine it, in a fine needle biopsy only a part of the mass/fluid is sucked through a fine needle and examined.

My Daughter is 12 years old and when she was 2 years old she had some swollen lymph nodes that at the time her pediatrician said appeared to be completely normal other than swollen.  In 2007 once again she had swollen lymph nodes this time much larger and in her grion area.  We did some blood test and a ct scan and they couldn't find any cause for the swelling of the lymph nodes. It took approxitmetly a year before those nodes would return to normal size but because we lost medical insurance were unable to further any treatment.  Three years later the swollen lymph nodes are back again this time in the back of her head , so I took her to a Dr.. After a full physical and lots of questions the Dr. found 3 more swollen nodes , my daughter is complaining of being tired all the time , restless at night and having night sweats.  The Dr. ordered lots of bloodwoork . I am trying not to over analyze anything. But I don't want to overlook anything either. My baby has the poor misfortune of having a family history of autoimmune diseases (lupus,sjogrens disease) from my mother and I. The Dr. I beleive is covering everything she can .I pray eveything is NORMAL....
Ok here is what I am going through and need some advice.  I have recently moved which in turn I had to find a new doctor.  For a few years now I have had swollen lymph nodes sometimes they bother my breathing and it will cause me to choke when taking medications or eating.  I had asked my prior doctor about them several times she blew me off.  So far I have been diagnosed with MS, Crohns Disease, Optic Nerve Athrophy ( i am now legally blind) Rheumatiod arthritis, panic disorder, regional complex pain syndrome and PTSD. When I went to this new doctor I asked for a Mammo because I had found a lump and my mother is a breast cancer survivor.  The mammo was ordered and it has come back as suspicious.  They are doing another one in two weeks.  On my return visit she was training a new nurse practicioner who checked my neck and noticed the swollen lymph nodes.  I had all but written them off because my old doctor told me not to worry about them, though she never did any tests to check on them.  This new doctor ordered a cat scan without dye because i am allergic to the dye.  I got the results yesterday she said that I have several(to many to count) lymph nodes swollen from my head to my chest.  Most of them are larger than 1 cm most of them are actually close to 2 cm.  She wants to order a pet scan as soon as the mammo is complete also she wants to send me to a surgeon once the tests are completed and she also wants to send me to a hematolgy/oncology guy.  She said at this point she does not know what it is so at least she is being honest.  I will list my symptoms below if anyone can give me any insight as to where to search on this I would appreciate it.

symptoms
legally blind
painful joints
headaches (severe)
ringing in ears
cold all the time
tired constantly
confusion sometimes think this is headache related
swollen joints
unexplained lumps and rashes
swollen lymph nodes  (they are not painful)
loose the use of my hands frequently
unable to speak in a normal fashion (sometimes its like i cant get the words out, they are there but don't come out)
dizziness
vomiting
abdominal pain
diarrhea
chest pain
burning throughout my body
trouble sleeping
swollen face
dislocating joints

I think I hit all the symptoms but not sure, there are so many I never can hit them all.  
Long Story But Make It Short As Possible...

I had actually been dealing with swollen lymph nodes since around January 2009. There was one at the back left of my neck which would get to the size of a large grape or bigger. However, after several/repeated visits to my PCM and getting sent home with a sinus infection diagnosis or a 'you have some sort of an infection' diagnosis  and here are some antibiotics -- needless to say, eventually I gave up.

Around Thanksgiving/Christmas 2009 I began experiencing drenching night sweats. They were so bad I had to change my clothing and sheets religiously. My skin was horrid itchy. Sometimes it itched so bad I scratched myself until I bled. Honestly, I didn't think anything of it. I figured A. I was crazy or B. my PCM would give me some random diagnosis, so I didn't bother, plus it was the Holidays, and I wanted to focus on my children/family, rather than myself.

Well, just after this new year (2010) I started running fevers regularly. They were NEVER lower than 100.3. My concerns really started to set in at this point, however, I did nothing about it until February 13, 2010, just a matter of days ago. On January 24, 2010 I developed a cough and not only did it not go away, but it got worse, my throat started hurting, I had energy to do very little and on February 13th I noticed not only had the node on the back left of my neck grown to about the size of a golf ball, but I also had a nice lump under my chin and a sizable one in my collar bone area. These along with all my other what I called 'crazy person' symptoms. I didn't bother making an appointment, instead, I went straight to the ER as my temperature was over 103. Later on I would find out my weight loss was a symptom, even though I had thought is was due to my being been busy with work, eating/exercising better and busy in general.

The doctor at the ER was immediately concerned and ordered a chest x-ray. He came back and said he suspected either TB, pneumonia or lymphoma...

The next few days proved to be some of the most eye opening days of my life...

After Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, Bone Marrow Tests, Echo Cardiogram, Cat Scans, a Pet Scan...my final diagnosis is Stage 4-B Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had a PICC line placed and began an ABVD chemo cycle (which I started on February 17th). They discovered the lymphoma in my mediastinum, lungs, pancreas, stomach, liver and neck. The largest were 11.4 cm, 9.8 cm and 6.9 cm. They said they hope only two cycles will be enough and if it is gone they will do two more just to be sure, so 4 months (worst case scenario 6) in all and radiation in about 6 to 8 months.. I've been informed that lymphoma has a very high cure rate. It is better if it is discovered at Stage 1 or 2, but Stage 3 and 4 have good survival rates too depending on your age and overall health.

I was discharged on February 19th. My throat is sore. I have to give myself injections in my stomach to help my white blood cells stay high and reproduce while going through chemo. I receive another treatment in about 2 weeks.

All I can say is to be proactive with your health and be stern with the doctors. If I wouldn't have be so 'agreeable' back when I noticed that first enlarged node and then so eager to give up after frustration from my doctors, I could have caught this a lot earlier. Even though it is an aggressive/bulky lymphoma and I have all the B-symptoms, initially it probably was so wide spread.

I just wanted to share my story.

I had my appointmnet with hematologist/oncologist last week. I showed him my US results for cervical lymph nodes he said it didn't look /feel swollen to him . i asked then why did US  result said like that . he said it aslo depends upon radiologist. But he said it did feel/looks swoolen to him. to make sure he did ordered CT sacn
Greetings-

I have had a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck, adjacent to the spine for about 3 years now.  I had no other symptoms.  When I went to the doctor to have it checked they did an ultrasound and found it to be 12mm.  A little large.  The doctor said to keep an eye on it.  The next year I went back for a check up and the doctor did some palpitations and said he wasn't concerned.  Over the past four to six months I have noticed some swelling on the right side of my neck.  When looking straight at me it is hard to see but if I crane my neck upward the swelling becomes obvious.  I also began having more regular night sweats.  I have a generalized anxiety disorder of which night sweats are a symptom and I also take Paroxetine which occasionally has night sweats as a side effect.  Better to be safe than sorry though.  I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and said all was normal.  That made me skeptical.  If everything was normal then why was my neck sticking out? I cannot feel the nodes individually only a general swelling in their location and they are not painful at all.
I went to another doctor who decided to do a CT scan with contrast of the neck.  Two radiologists looked at the findings and said everything was normal.  There were no apparent masses and that all the nodes were smaller than 8 mm.  After consulting with the doctor we have decided to do a biopsy.  We are looking to do an open biopsy since there is the risk with Fine Needle Aspiration of missing the mark.  I am praying that the biopsy and hematologists report come back negative.  I have a three month old son that needs his father.
That being said, for those of you out there who are worried, go and get it checked out!  Don't let your doctor railroad you into not checking things thoroughly.  You have to live with the consequences, he or she doesn't.  We are responsible for taking care of ourselves and watching out for our health.  Inaction because of fear will lead you to the worst outcomes.  Let your fear push you to find the answers.  That is what it is there for.  This is the year 2010.  It isn't 1970.  If you do have cancer, it doesn't have to be a death sentence.  Things may get unpleasant, painful, and ugly but your life is a battle worth fighting.
Remember too that God does work miracles.  My mother has had lupus for almost 20 years and every time she goes to see a new doctor or gets blood work done by a new tech, they panic and tell her she isn't supposed to be alive.  My grandfather worked in Bethlehem Steel for 30 years and has asbestosis.   He lives on about 1/3 of a lung, and has done so for almost seven years.  The doctor's told him he would be dead in two.  My co-worker had stomach cancer which metastasized in 1990.  Her prognosis was that she was unlikely to survive. She is still here, is a VP of a multi-billion dollar corporation, has lived to see her son grow up and go to college.  She has been cancer free since 1991 and you wouldn't know she had ever been sick.  My wife went into pre-term labor in her 24th week of pregnancy.  The doctor's gave her steroids with the goal to get her to the 28th week.  She carried my son the full forty and the doctors were stunned.
Miracles happen everyday.
For those without access to health care, I am so sorry for the predicament that you find yourself in.  There is no justice for it and hopefully very soon, our government and people will find a way through the politics to make sure that people like you are not left behind.  We all have the right to a long and happy life, sharing ourselves with those we love.  I wish you all the best.
Good points!

Hope your biopsy result will show up normal. Please let us know whatever the result is. Thanks
In the past week I have been suffering from tingling and burning in the hands, legs and feet and yesterday my neck started to ache and I appear to have swollen cervical lymph nodes on the right side of my neck, as well I have suffered from ringing in the ears for about a month.
Can anyone advise what may be causing this?

John
I have a swollen lymph node right by (or on) the right salivary glad. It's about 2 cm. I don't have any of the symptoms mentioned in this discussion (like the night sweats, any pain, weight loss, etc.). I do have bad seasonal allergy symptoms, particularly around the throat (sore throat, throat scratchy, and swollen right tonsil), but I also have stuffy nose (especially the right nostril).
(My allergies are bad and have been taking shots for this for about 5 years).
Should I be concerned? Thanks for any suggestions.
Hey everyone, i have had this swollen lymph node in front of my ear for almost 1 month now and it will not go down. Sometimes when i get a sinus infection in flairs up more often when i was young and i always took the same antibiotic and it would go down in a few days this time the antibiotic did no work it took away the infection pain but when i got off the antibiotic it came back alot worse. so i went back to the doctors got blood work done and they out me on a zpack which worked very well the infection has been gone for 2 weeks now and i feel completely healthy but the lymph node swelled back up. the blood work came back normal all except my white blood cell count was slightly above normal and the mono test was negative. today i got another set of blood work done a cbc again and my billirobin for some reason idk haha. but does anyone have any thoughts on why the lympn node swelling will not go down this time?
Hi everyone,

So 1 year ago i noticed little lymph nodes in my groin i have about 8 nodes most are very small and others around 1.5cm. I went to the doctors about this in the uk who didnt seem concerend at al but too kepp any eye on them. Since then i have moved to spain were i followed this up after they were still there 6 months later. The doctor examined me and felt another in my neck and reffered me to a specialist. The specialist confirmed 2 in my neck both abut 2cm one either side. I had a biospy in november which came back as a normal salivar gland?Since then the node in the right neck has gotten bigger but the groin ones have stayed the same, i noticed another 2 in my right armpit and again was reffered to the hospital specialist. The specialist said the biopsy could have been incorrect and the surgeon may have biopsied a salivar gland, this is why the results came back as that.
She ordered me for a CT scan with contrast, whihc revelaled a multinodualt goitre but no concern for the nodes,she said sometimes they do not go back to there normal size after infection, but i ahve had no infection and feel fine.
I now have another node in my left armpit about 1.5cmand again no infection and feel fine, my blood testare all ok.
I have now been reffered to s thryoid specvialsit to ahve one of the nodules on my thryoid biopsied, bhut she said this has nothing to do with the other lymph nodes in my body. I now have 15 swollen nodes my groin, armpit and neck but feel great.
Any ideas what is going on?
Have many health problems, bronchial asthma, reflux esophagitis, back problems (3 surgeries, one major cervical - spondylosis); recent problems, hospitalized within the last year with acute bronchial asthma attack.  Following this, I had swollen glands in the back of my head (lymph nodes?) just above the neck, pain, but after all the prednesone and antibiotics, got better.  However, the dizziness, which I've assumed is an inner ear infection has gotten worse; recently, within the last two weeks, I have had a bad cold, cough, etc. with continuing dizziness, swollen glands (again), lots of pain.  In the meantime, I have had pain resembling upper back pain, like something out of place, just above my bra strap.  I don't know if any or all of these things are connected, but the pain in my neck is the worst, and of course, the dizziness.  I almost fall down, especially when first getting out of bed in the morning, is when it's worse.  I, too, am having "read" anxiety; there's so much one can have, and I try not to have everything I read.  Any doctors on board?  I don't trust the doctors all that much around where I live now -- I used to live in Michigan and had excellent health care.  Any ideas, or similarities, and what did you do for it?
I came online looking for information about a swollen lymph node in my neck. I just have 1 on the right side of my neck right around where you would check for a pulse. I've had tis there for about 6 months now. I've gone to the doctor  and they just give me antibiotics. Well Ive done antibiotics twice now and its still swollen. IT feels like a rubber ball and its sore when I touch it. I'm a 28 year old female and have always been healthy. Never been on meds for anything. I'm so worried about this. Now I dont have medical insurance and just dont know what to do. I dont really have any other symptoms other than I do get night sweats from time to time...but I thought it was just from to many blankets. Any ideas what might be doing this?
last year june i scored a infected throat. Think it was strep, it went away and came back in nov 09. then went away again through antibiotics. Since then i hav had 2 or 3 additional tonsils with white patches, but now its all gone, however my tonsils are still swollen. I also have enlarged lymph nodes under my chin. The left side is bigger then the right but not noticeable the right side has one additional swollen lymph which is the size of a peanut. it is firm and dosen't move. I hav had blood test and my CBC came out all fine. However, they said i had a litle higher infection. Its weird because i feel completely fine. They also said if it was lymphoma it would show some abnormality in my blood test but i have had none. A swab test was also done which indicated everything was fine. Since the major swelling my lymph has gone down a bit, but i wish it was completely gone. My tonsils are still red and swollen though on both sides with no pain what so ever. I discovered i was allergic to amoxillin, so now i am on some antibiotic called "ERA". The antibiotics don't seem to work. I have no night sweats no fatigue, no weight loss, i am perfectly normal. Just my tonsils are of a worry to me. any help would be appreciated.    
CURE FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE!

I have had a swollen lymph node since last year June. After finishing 4 or 5 course of antibiotic da swelling neva went. 1st i realized that i am allergic to amoxillin, switched to EAR antibiotic....worked great. 2nd EXERCISE. Even after i finish the whole course my swelling was still there. I now take regular vitamin C tablets. 30mins a day exercise, where you sweat hard out....mostly cardio. Also eat more vegetables LESS takeaway, The food that worked best for me was vege soup which was spicy and it had ginger, garlic and chillie with lots of vegge. Trust me you will notice the swelling decrease n continue to decrease in a week or too. This is only for infection related swelling, or unknown swelling, not lymphoma! Major cause of all this illness is processed food! try to avoid them and make your own. Tomatoes is a must in your diet.    

Hope this helps someone, somewhere, i jst wanted to share.
hi
i m totally freaking out, i m so scared, i cant stop think about it,cry all the time.
well.. i got a swollen gland in my neck, just in top of collar bone, it not hard, it move free, it not painful, but shoulder and neck feel uncomfortable, that how i find it... i lost my husband 16 month ago, to cancer, so now i m so concert and scared of anythink, i m only 29 and have a little 2 year old boy...
went to doc 2 days ago, she sad, leave it for about 3-4 weeks, o not touch,as that way i would just disturb it....and then come back, if it still there,m they will have to cut it out....got...i m so  scaird,please, any body tell me....its not cancer...
thank you and god bless
It is not Cancer! i had the swollen lymph node as well and that was what crossed my mind. I had been depressed for like nearly a year. but yeah, quite rare it is cancer. I suggest don't take the lymph node out. They are the 1st defense against bacterial infections. Most of the case it is bacterial infections that's why they swell up. It is believed growing lymph are of concern give it a week and see if it is growing or the same size. if its not growing and rubbery don't worry about it. In time they reduce to normal size. Mine took nearly a year to go back to normal size, they are still very slightly swollen but much better. Do regular exercise and don't push or poke the node. All the best.    
hello Reg
thank you VERY much for your reply, it make me feel better, i really working  my self up, my little boy suffers from it to, as i all the time upset and can't concentrate on him, which is crazy. i will do as you sad, just give  it a time and see how it go, will keep you informed.
thank you
god bless

Zulka, I've got mine swollen for 3 years now! I've been to two doctors since and all the tests came in just fine and not concerning. And my doctors didn't push on having it taken out, it's my option though. I am perfectly normal and no other cancer-like symptoms. Like what the others said, that is unlikely to be cancer. If your family doesn't have any history of cancer then probably it's not. Monitor it however.

Best
hi spercross
thank you for your reply. no my family health is good, but it frightening,as i lost my husband to cancer, he was only 41 , its so scary. i dont have any symptoms like sweating or losing wait, eating good to, only one think i had dizzy head on and of for about 3 month, and doc dont know why....so i dont know what to think, i just have to wait. thank you it is nice to hear your opinion, feel a bit better.keep in touch
major flushing but no fever
cold feet
neck pain when i stand up but not when i lay down
tired

any ideas?
also no appetite
and random nausea when standing for to long

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a few years.  I've had them ever since I had mononucleosis.  Since then the swelling has gone down a bit but not fully, and I am tired all the time.  A was very worried about this and had a few diffrent doctor visits regarding this matter.

The doctors tested me for mononucleosis and said I still have it and it never really leaves your body.  They explained that this is why I have chronic fatigue.  They also explained that lymph nodes can scar after a bad infection and never go back to their normal size.

-Angela
I have an extremely swollen lymph node in the front left side of might next a little below my jaw. I went to a couple of doctors who "diagnosed" me with Cat Scratch. I was given antibiotics but finished those a little over 2 weeks ago. The node went down slightly but not much change. Through the past 3 weeks I havent had many symptoms but I was extremely fatigued with bad headaches with occasional dizziness or lightheaded. I woke up this morning with an almost numbness feeling but more of a pins and needles that started in my head/scalp and neck and then I could feel it all over my body. Is this something to be more concerned about?  
I HAD A KNOT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK I WENT TO MY DOCTOR SHE TOLD ME IT WILL GO AWAY AFTER 6 MONTH BUT THE KNOT WAS STILL THERE IN THE SAME PLACE SO I ASKED MY DOCTOR WHAT TO DO SHE TOLD ME THAT A SPECIALIST  WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT IT. AFTER VISITNG THE SPECIALIST HE TOLD ME IT NEEDED TO BE REMOVED   IT FELT LIKE THE SIZE OF A PEA DOING THE WEEK I WENT TO SUGERY AND GOT IT REMOVED  I WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT LOOK LIKE THERE WERE TWO.THE ONE ON THE BOTTOM WAS THE SIZE OF A PEA THE OTHER WAS THE SIZE OF OF A DOT  ARTER SURGERY  MY NECK FELT STIFF. I WAS PLACE ON MEDECTION FOR PAIN. THE SCAR ON MY NECK LOOKED LIKE A CAT HAD SCRATCHED ME AFTER LOOKIN ON THE INTERNET ABOUT LYMPH NODES I FOUND OUT THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOCTOR TO TEST YOU FIRST. ASK THE DOCTOR IS IT CANCER  SHOULD IT BE REMOVE  YOU SEE IN MY COMMENT I DIDN'T TELL YOU I WAS TESTED IT  WAS JUST REMOVE NOW I'M WAITING FOR THEE RESULT  I BELEAVE IT WAS NONTHING  TO YOU IF IT NEED TO BE REMOVE DO SO IF NOT IT MIGHT GO AWAY 6 MONTHS OR MORE AND IF IT DON'T GO AWAY  HAVE IT REMOVE YOU HAVE SO MENY GLANDS AND LYMPH NODES IN YOUR BODY FIGHTING OF AND INFECTIONS 1 WILL NOT BE MISSED  HAIR PURM HAIR COLOR AND SORE IN YOUR HEAD  CAUSERS LYMPH NODS GOOD LUCK             GLORIA
hey guyz, i have a pea size lymph node on the right side of my neck next to the throat and one on the left side a bit bigger. I've had them for nearly 2 years now. I also have enlarged tonsils which were infected sometime last year, since then they have never gone down. As for the nodes they have gone down slightly. My best suggestion is DO NOT get it removed, as they don't do any harm. Also it is not CANCER as many people fear. If you got too much money and enjoy surgery than up-to you, but since i've had them they are reducing in size as time goes by. Just keep fit do exercise and eat vitamin C pills lol. There's nothing else to it.  
This may make you all feel better. In 1989 I started getting enlarge lymph nodes on the back of my neck and skull causing a lot of pain. After many Dr.looking at me like I was nuts and trying to catch them being swollen was a task in its self. I was told by a ID Dr. that I had chronic fatigue syndrome from having mono. I swore that every time I got upset(crying) that they came up. In 2002 a ENT decided to remove the largest node on the back of my neck. The conclusion was not cancerous but agitated. Since the I have never had it happen again which is a mystery too. For those of you that have this insist on one being removed and tested. Now I have lymph nodes on my hip swollen and painful. I am waiting to see if they go down and come back up to see my Dr. I would be running there if we had ins. but we don't so hopefully they will reside and for the record I have had mono 3x and I am 48. So if you have had mono it does stay with you and they can do a titer epstein barr to see how high your levels are.
I hope this clears up some of your fear but please go see a Dr.btw the node being removed was painless afterward with a litle scar!
Hi every one,

I'd like to ask how swollenneck nodes feel while touched? are they easy to feel? I'm asking 'cause I'm able to feel many structures in myneck and I'm not sure ifsome of them are lymph nodes. I'm assuming that if they're abnormal I'd be able to feel them easily and without any doubts, right?
Hi there,

Well for me they are soft under the chin and one next to the throat. Yes you can feel them easily if they are swollen.

My name is Kim. I was searching on symptoms I have and came upon your issues.  I know it was years ago but did you ever find out what was wrong???  I hope all went well!

i still have them, actually it was after the viral infection i ended-up with enlarged tonsils and some nodes got swollen like the one under my under my jaw on each side. been nearly 2 years now and i don't have any issues. just gotta learn to live with hem i suppose. Can always have them taken out but i chose to keep it.  
soo..i have had an enlarged lymph node under my chin for about 2 years now i also have a constant salty taste in my mouth and pain from under my jaw to my right ear...doc sent me in for a ct scan with contrast that just showed a smal group of enlarged nodes no other abnormalities.doc put me on another antibiotic,,,this one is stronger than the last one....i just want to know what is going on..its driving me crazy not knowing..
Hi Mindy,

You probably have the swollen lymph due to some prolonged infection. Sometimes they stay enlarged. If it appears to grow in size or is painful or you get night sweats and unexplained weight loss than you should get really concerned. I believe it is infection related that's why the doc put you on antibiotics. Nothing to worry about. I have two enlarged nodes but they are going down. I gargle with Listerine lol, enlarged coz of my enlarged tonsils.      

My jaw is not symetrical and I thought my double chin is always bigger on left side due to my smaller jaw on that side.  Lately I noticed my that side of neck was also a bit thicker (not sure how long this has been there).  I don't have any discomfort or tenderness.  I cannot really feel me jaw line on the left and I cannot feel any individual lympnode - maybe one is too big (3.5cm) per ultrasound.  It feels like I have a bigger muscle there.  I thought it's due to my neck exercise for my dizziness problem.  I have to turn to my dizziness side and stop suddenly to learn to compensate dizziness.  Dr. hasn't seen me after the ultrasound and has prescribed a CT scan with contrast.  Now I'm really worried.  I didn't notice any infection.  Any body knows anything?
left lymph node has been swollen for a couple of weeks now i have finished 10 day perscription of augmentum and no sign of it going down,not sore to swallow just feels uncomfortable.its very red and has a white spot on it and slight yellow color too.i'm scared it could be something serious,i suffer from anxiety so i am trying not to fear the worst.could someone help me please? i will go to my doctor again soon and explain to him that it is not subsiding.i am 23 years old.
kind regards
keli x
Hi mate, Ive had mine swollen for 3 years now. I was suffering from tonsillitis which got infected and ended up with enlarged tonsils and swollen nodes under my chin. I also get white spots now and again, which are smelly. There is nothing to be worried about. it is not CANCER if that's what your are worried about. They will subside after a while as for the white patches i used to gargle with warm water with salt in it, it helps but after i got permanent enlarged tonsils i usually gargle with Listerine before bed and in the morning it gets rid of the fowl smell. If you are really worried you can email on fade_1120***@****    
A related discussion, tired of being "sick" ... was started.
A related discussion, Gallbladder! was started.
A related discussion, Need Help on son! was started.
Every symptom you just descibed is typical of LYME DISEASE!!!!
Please consider & mention to your doctor
Viewing 201-215 comments: