Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

I am 43yo male, and recently had US and CT scan of the neck to investigate two swollen lymph nodes which were present for longer than a year in my left neck. Several nodes were found on the jugular(mid) chain, many sub-centimeter and 5 >= 1 CM the largest ones were 2.26, 1.65 and 1.55 CM. They are on both sides of the neck and under my chin as well. Nothing else was found in CTs of abdomen and groin. I have a biopsy scheduled for next month, but have read myself into anxiety attacks. I have read that anything above 1 CM is abnormal. I have no pain in the nodes themselves but have developed pain in the neck which seems like a stiff neck, and pain exists with any pressure from straining or lifting, also movement related pain in neck, chest and spine in the same region. No signs of infection at all, but do have extreme fatigue, back pain, some weight loss, among other varied symptoms. My Primary Dr said since no other enlarged nodes were found in other regions, he is not concerned about lymphoma.

Are there other conditions that could cause lymph nodes to be swollen for this length of time? Should I be as concerned as I feel about this, or is it more likely not related to something  serious? Is it possible to have lymphoma without nodes in other regions showing signs? Are biopsies only done when cancer is suspected? Any other info or suggestions are welcomed, I am not usually one to worry about such things, but for whatever reason this has me having some anxiety waiting for the biopsy.

Viewing 1-200 comments:
I have a few questions for you; You mentioned that you have had two nodes on the left side of your neck for approx one year. How big are these nodes and how did you discover them?

You said you are experiencing fatigue and have other symptoms. What are the other symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Thank you for your questions.

Those two are the larger of the nodes, the 2.26 one is mid point on the neck the 1.65 is just below the back of the jaw. Initially I thought I only had the one behind the jaw, which I just happened to notice one day as it is easily felt. I had noticed some enlargement in the mid neck but did not know it was a lymph node, because it is very hard and fixed. It was not until initial Dr. visit that he said it was a lymph node. There was also some popping and clicking in the middle of my neck and when I swallow it feels/sounds like tiny bubbles are traveling back up my throat.

Sometimes I have low grade fever which comes and goes but never for very long.
Other symptoms include:

Pain in the neck which feels like stiff neck (left side)
Pain in my chest and back on the left side just below the collar bone through to just below the shoulder blade. Pinched nerve like feeling on the left side of my spine just above the trapezoid muscle.

Extreme Fatigue
Dizziness/Vertigo
Nausea
Lower Back Pain
Gastrointestinal problems.
Trouble swallowing, (feeling of food stuck in my upper chest)
Spontaneous vomiting/sudden nausea.
Small red dots in various locations, but not densely in any location
Increased taste sensitivity to spice (everything tastes spicey)
Extreme sensitivity to cold, touching ice causes severe pain in fingers.
Rash developed on elbows that does not respond to medication.
Pain in feet and lower legs, especially in the morning after waking up.

I also notice in the CT and it was later confirmed a nodule on my kidney, the radiologist believes it is a cyst, but since he didn
Have you had any blood tests done to check your liver? Also have you had a complete CBC done? If so, were results within normal limits? If not, what was abnormal?

You mentioned that you are going in for a biopsy next month. Are they removing one of the larger nodes in your neck?

I also wanted to know if you are experiencing night sweats?

Debbie

Not really night sweats, as I have read of them. Some light sweating around the back of my neck around the hair line, but not drenching sweats.

Everything on CBC and Thyroid were within normal ranges, no check of the liver.

The biopsy is a US guided FNA, on the largest of the nodes in the mid-left neck.

Today i woke up with so much internal pain in my left back side of my neck. I have popping/clicking when i swallow and came across this site! I am so nervous. I am the heathiest person and for the last year and a half i have had this issue. I have seen eight different ENT doctors and first it's this and then it's nothing but then it's that. When finally my dentist discovered i had eagles syndrome which was a calcified ligament on the left of my neck. I went back to a new ENT and got surgery. I have to enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and when they did surgery on the ligament that was 3.5 cm think they removed the ligament and said it came back fine. But i am still having so much pain in my chest, shoulder, head, neck, and throat. None of the doctors know anything and i am worried i am not feeling right. My temp actually dropped to 96.8 which was odd.. any one have any adive?
they removed the lymph node not ligament sorry about that
Can you let me know how your biopsy turns out. I have had a lymph node in my neck for 7 months that I can feel. It has not enlarged and I have no other symptoms. I am very curious.

Thanks!
I am having the biopsy tomorrow but won
Hi!

You are having it done today. Hope all goes well!
I did go to my ENT doctor about my node in May and he was not concerned at all. It actually seems to wax and wane. Please let me know how you are.

Take care,

Debbie
first time on this site...wanted to know how robs biopsy went.i have alot of the same symptoms as rob. also i'm starting to have pain in arms and legs. dont know if its related. constantly tired. ct scan also shows i have in my abdomen,and under arms... two weeks ago i had one swollen so bad in my inner thigh area could barely wak from the pain.my pcp wants me to see a hemo/oncologist... rob i pray all is well with you,deb u as well.
I have been waiting for rob to post. Hope that does not mean that the outcome of the biopsy was really bad. How long have you had your problems? What exactly is going on?

Deb
no i have expeirenced lower back pain... tingly filling in my finger tips, dizzy head, dizzy everytime i get up, low grade fevers.. headaches.. pain in the bottom of my head.. just all these things and the doctors seem to not listen or care? Robb how many doctors have you gone through?
the pain in my collarbone and back of neck had for months, but just didn't complain about it.  was hospitalized for tingling in arms and legs last month. ct scan showed showed the swollen lymph nodes in neck abdomen and pelvis......mentioned doing i biopsy. but released me telling me to follow up with the hemo/oncologist.  i pray he ok as well.
Dang I'm sorry to hear of your symtoms (symptoms). It sucks that i have had to deal with doc after doc. I was healthy before, thought i had strep, saw 7 ent's got surgery and now and worse the before.. sucks..
Do you have fatige, fever, night sweats? I am worried about you and if you have these symptoms I hope that you will get a biopsy. I am curious when you started having symptoms and how things progressed. How long did it all take?
You said that you had surgery and they removed a large lymph node. What was the result of the biopsy of that lymph node?
hey deb.....some of my symptoms didn't associate with lymph nodes..had a slight heart attack 7/05....thought tingling was meds.  have sciatica as far as back pain. thought the limb pain was from cholestrol meds, but have been off that for months so its not that.. everything started within the last yr.  fatigue i associated with meds. prior to heart attack, no high blood pressure, cholestrol wasn't that high to put on meds. had just had a good stress test than bam. so to answer your question all within last yr.  blood work shows no infection.
symptoms: fatique,nausea (started last week) back pain, that feeling of something stuck in middle of my chest,pain to the touch around collarbone,neck pain figured i slept wrong, sweat all the time,pain and tingling in limbs, and the last that i can think of which is strange and its not heartburn. if i try to walk to fast or up the stairs chest into throat feels like a burning like i was cleaning something with bleach.  sorry its so long. thanks for listening.
hope all is well with u.....praying for u and rob.
Thank you. My prayers to you also.

Deb
Sorry for the delay. I finally got the test results, I went to the Dr to get them sat in his waiting room and I have been sick ever since. What I get for going to an ENT that takes children this time of year I guess.

The good news the results came back, no apparent lymphoma or metastatic cancer. He said still possibility of a lymphoma but unlikely.

The bad news, no explanation of why they are swollen. So I guess the possibility will remain in the back of my mind for a while.

Thanks Deb and others for the support! I hope you have the same if not better luck.
So glad to hear your news! I was concerned about you when I did not hear back and it sure did take a long time for your ENT.
Did you receive any news in regards to all of the symptoms you have? Maybe your lymph glands are just enlarged due to whatever is causing you to be so sick.

Hang in there!

Deb
Hi new here 26 female I have had Graves which is now better, and unexplained anemia which is now better. Well I now have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for over six months the doc did a ct and said I have lots for a adult but they are not over 1cm. Blood test do not shown ever having cat scratch or mono no infections and have tried antibo. still swollen? Any ideas?
Any other symptoms? Fever, weight loss, night sweats, itching or any pains in your abdomen?

I have many of the symptoms that Rob has.  Swollen lymph nodes in back of neck, hard to swallow and sounds that he says he hears when he swallows, except I don't have a feeling that something is stuck in throat its kind of like its hard swallow and you can hear me swallow quite loudly when I drink something.  I have tingling sensation in my right thumb and top of hand into arm.  I have pain in the area where the lymph node is in the back of my neck and surrounding it.  I feel pretty good otherwise actually.  I would not describe this pain as unbearable more of an annoyance. In fact I always just thought I had a stiff neck.. and would always have my kids and hubby massage the back of my neck.  My husband is the one who felt the node (if that is what it is).. and, when he mentioned it, I felt it too. I have no weight loss, no night sweats, no fever, and generally feel well... I do feel tired quite a lot, but I am 44 with 6 children aged 16 to 7, so I always assume it is just my lifestyle raising all these children.  When I first mentioned to my doctor that I had pain in the neck and tingling in the fingers... he felt it was probably due a disk in my neck and wanted me to have an MRI... at the time I wasn't too worried about it and didn't botherso much, so I didn't bother to go. However, now that I feel the lymph node I will go back to see what he thinks.  One of my questions are... actually to Rob... do you have a history of problems with your teeth?  I always have and was wondering if anyone else out there that has these swollen nodes in neck also have problems with their teeth and also wondering if problems with teeth (infections and such) could cause the nodes in the back of the neck swell up. Also, the glands in the front of my neck have always been large... these problems I've experienced have gone on for years... So, I'm hoping its nothing serious because, if it is, and I have it for years.... what chance would I have?  If anyone reads this that has some more info or these symptoms too, please share.

Thank you.

Jillie717
Your teeth problems would not have anything to do with the nodes in the back of your neck. Your teeth do not drain into these nodes. They could make the nodes in the front of the neck enlarged though. If this were very serious you would have other symptoms by now. You should consider the MRI and see what is going on with your neck and throat. It is not normal to be able to hear yourself swallow.

Debbie
Hi.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get mono stuck in the lymph nodes in your neck.  I was diagnosed with mono in May, and have been sick ever since.  Have had fevers, not your normal fever, but usually around 97, been unbelievably tired, and have had drenching night sweats-not every night but usually at least several times a week.  I had a ct scan andit didnt show any masses just that i had a few enlarged lymph nodes.  I am going to specialists soon, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, or had experienced similar symptoms.  Is this typical of mono?  I did have an enlarged spleen, but that seems to have settled down, the only thing they found when they did an ultrasound was that there was a possible cyst on my kidney.  Just wondering if there was something anyone could tell me??? thanks
I am new to this site. i was trying to look up information lymph nodes when i came across this site. I noticed that some of the postings have some of the same symptoms as i do. I am 26 years old. I'm in pretty good health. i have hashimoto's disease or a hypothyroid, but i have been told my levels were doing good on my synthroid. I have had these lymph nodes swollen in my neck for about 3 months now. one just under my jaw close to my left ear.. and then some going down the left side of my neck. I have been to the doctor. had blood test, a ultrasound of my thyroid (they thought it was related to that, found out it wasnt, although i do have 2 small nodules on my thyroid, they said that was normal with people with hashimotos.)and have been through 2 rounds of antibiotics. still no diagnosis. I dont have any other symptoms other than being tired some.. and my neck seems tingly sometimes.. sometimes it bothers me to swallow..but the lymph nodes make me feel like im choking all the time. . and they are alittle tender. Any ideas?? they said they may have to do a biopsy, although i pray they dont have to because i am scared to death of that. i hate needles.. especially in my neck. Any thoughts?
I am so scared!  I have had left sided abdomen pain for 10-12 months now.  I have been to MANY different docs and been in and out of the ER's quite a bit.  All bldwk and CT Scans have been normal up until NOW.  
In the past 3 weeks, I have have increase in pain in left side of my abdomen and chest pain that radiates into my neck.  I had a CT done and it came back with swollen right axillary node.  I have had 3 Mammograms and they were normal. I had a PET scan and that came back with hot spots in my Right Axillary node and my left side of my abdomen.  
I had TWO opinions on this.  One surgeon said he wanted to remove the whole lymphnode and one surgeon (breast doc) said (after and ultrasound) do not have it removed, that it was only enlarged due to an infection.
I have had night sweats, itchy skin (L) arm only, loss of apetite.  I have lost some weight, but I stopped eating white flour and sugar, thinking that may stop the itching!

I am scared of having the lymphnode removed, for fear it may damage the nerves in my (R) arm.  I have a three year old...

I am so scared!  I am having trouble functiioning in my daily life.  I dropped off my films and report to a surgeon at Johns Hopkins Hosptial today.  I am waiting to hear from him!

Questions:

Do spots light up due to infection in a PET scan?

Is a needle biopsy okay to have to start with, then if it comes back postive for something, then have it removed?

Any input would be helpful!
Thanks!

My undersanding of a PET scan is it picks up areas that are high in glucose. This would indicate possible cancer areas. I have not heard of it picking up on infections.

The other issue is a needle biopsy is not 100% accurate. A lot of times it will not pick up the cells that have the cancer in them. The only sure way to know if it is cancer would be to have a node removed for biopsy. I understand the risk of surgery and how frightening it is. I personally would want to know if I did have cancer or not. The anxiety of not knowing would kill me.

My concern for you is the pain, night sweats, itching, lymph node enlargement and weight loss, even though you have eliminated certain foods. These can all be signs of lymphoma.

Please have it checked out. If you are in the clear, you can rest easy. Please update.

My prayers are with you,

Debbie
Hi again,

Well.....now I have become worried.  I went to the doctor about what I thought was a swollen lymph node on the back of my  neck.  The doctor told me that although she doesn't think it is something to be REALLY worried about, that my family was right in convincing me to have the "lump" checked. She now wants me to get it examined by an ear, nose and throat doctor. Shed said it's a lump and that it is quite large and I don't have it on the other side of the back of my neck.... so she just wants an ENT doctor to take a look at it.  I wasn't even that nervous about her asking me to go to see him, because I generally feel well.  However, my sister-in-law called me and told me about her sister, who had similar symptoms to me, lump on back of neck, hand going numb (mine only gets a pins and needles sensation or a tingling though), and her sister's was malignant.  They couldn't operate on it because it was near her spine and so they put her on medication that seems to be shrinking tumor and she is doing well.  This conversation totally has panicked me now.  I have six children aged 7 to 16 and so worried now.  Her sister had other symptoms, though, that I do not have such as head aches, dizziness, and nausea.  I now moved up my appointment with the ear, nose and throat doctor to tomorrow, since, I am now so panicked.  I also have a "lymph node" right near my jaw under my left ear lobe.  This hard spot I have had over 15 years and when I had mentioned it to various doctors they never made a big deal of it.  However, it is close to the lump we found on the back of my neck. I don't know how long I had the lump on the back of my neck.  It could have been a very long time or something that has developed in the past 1/2 year or so (that's when we found it).  The neck pain I have had has been years and I always just thought it was a stiff neck, but, now wonder if it was this "lump" all along.  Anyway, I see my ear, nose, and throat doctor tomorrow and hopefully they won't find it something to be too serious.  I wish my sister-in-law didn't tell me her sister's story because I was doing fine before I heard it.  Anyway, please wish me luck and prayers that everything is ok.

jillie
Please let me know what happens with the ENT doctor. I am also concerned!

Debbie
when i went back to my doctor he said he didnt know what was causing the lymph nodes to be swollen so long so he Sent me to an ENT doctor. When i went to see him this week he said that it was not all Lymph nodes. He said that the Main arteries in my neck were imflamed. he told me to take 2 aleve every day for 2 weeks and that should fix the problem. but i looked imflamed arteries in neck up and it was saying all kinds of stuff about strokes and blood clots.. is this something i should be worried about?? im alittle freaked out.. im only 26 .. i dont want to have to worry about strokes and stuff? please if you know about that can you explain really what it is?
I feel for all of you that are having health problems.  I have spent thousands of dollars on doctors that tell me nothing.  For the past year i have been suffering from swollen lymph nodes in both sides of my neck, weight loss, hair loss, broken blood vessels all over my body, headaches, chest pain and breathlessness, tremors and recurring eye infections.  The doctors keep tellin me there is nothing wrong and I'm at my wits end.  I feel horrible every day of my life.  Does anyone have any advice as to where to go at this point?
What tests, if any, have you had done?
hi i was just wondering if someone could help me.. im a 14 year old girl and ive got very swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck for about 2 months. ive also bbeen very tired and lost some weight, had quite bad headaches, been feeling very dizzy, blurred vision and ringing in my ears. ive been to my GP and im being transferred to a paediatrician but i was just wondering if someone could possibly give me some information? thanks, izzy.

I have a swollen lymph node just above my collar bone, I am now 25 and at 18 I had one removed from the side of my neck which all came back clear. I am from the UK and over here no biopsy or scans seem to be done. When I went to my doc I was referred to a plastic surgeon because of the area, to have it removed. Yesterday I was due to have it removed under a local anathetic (the same as my last) however the surgeon said as it was above my collar bone it would be too risky as so close to nerves so next week I am going back to have it done under gereral. I have had no test done so far and only want it removed as it sticks out my neck slightly. As much as I read I don't seem to find anyone else who has a glad enlarged in this place. From where I had one removed years ago another has appeared under the skin and is about the size of a golf ball also I can feel small little lumps on top off the collar bone area on the other side but more on top of the shoulder area - is anyone suffering with glands in these places??I feel no other glands in thsi area.
I am sure all is OK but still I am obviously curious and I got the impression from the surgeon there was more to it.
Good luck to you all who are in the same position - any advise would be fab!
I am a 53 year old female who suffered a stroke last year. I also had a stent put in LAD artery. Went for a sonogram of my carotid arteries afew weeks ago. A 1.8 enlarged node was noted. Was sent to an ENT surgeon . Had an ultrasound of my thyroid last week here are the results. Both thyroid lobes are mildly enlarged and somewhat heterogeneous. The right lobe measures 4.5x1.5x1.3cm with no nodules. The left lobe measures 4.8x1.5x1.3cm with subcentimeter nodules or cysts with debris in the lower pole measuring 0.50.3and 0.3cm. A lymph node is noted lateral to the upper pole of the left lobe of the thyroid gland measuring 2x0.7x0.7cm. I have been having gastrointestinal pain and went for a cat scan last week waiting for results. I get really bad hot sweats on and off during the day and at night. do you think this could be from the enlarged lymph node. I am so worried Past few days I have pain in left side of neck and side of head. need advise on what I should do next.
Hi again
ENT surgeon called last night said I need to have a needle biopsy of the enlarged node near my thyroid. I am alittle scared cause I have to go off of my blood thinners for 5 days. I hope this is not a serious problem an enlarged node I am still getting night sweats and I have left sided abdominal pains. just had a cat scan of stmach to see if it is diverticulitis.
HI everyone,

I just found this forum.  I have two larger but still smaller than 1 cm nodes on the left side of my neck that have been accompanied by other less noticable ones on and off.  I have been to the doctor and she can't find a source of infection.  I have also had a CBC done but don't yet have the results.  I have no fever although I have had a headache the past few days primarily with pain and stiffness in the  back of my head and neck.  However, I do get bad headaches and stress disrupts my neck and shoulders so I don't know if it is a symptom or normal.  I also have a sharp pain that comes and goes in my lower back/rear toward the left side.  I am tired, but not extremely so and figured it was just winter.  I have only had these for one week but I hear over two or three you should go back to the doctor??  It seems that everyone else has had there symptoms for months to years, but to be honest I am worried now and waiting every day for my lumpy neck to go away.  Do you think I should be concerned??

JDeannn
make that three large
I have had swollen lymph nodes in both side of my neck for about a year.  My doctor cannot find any source of infection either.  She told me a previous infection that has since cleared up could have caused the nodes to swell, and in some people the lymph nodes just never go back to their normal size.  If you're feeling ok otherwise, and your doctor is aware of the problem, I wouldn't worry yourself.
Have you been tested for specific diseases? How large are your lymph nodes? Over 1 cm in size?
I have had numerous tests done.  CT of the head, abdomen, chest.  Echocardiogram, blood work (including thyroid), I have had a colonoscopy, chest X-ray...etc.  I feel so horrible everyday, I can barely get through a work day.  Headaches, sweating and horrible chest and abdomen pain have really been getting to me.
Hi again. I went to the ent surgeon again and was told that the enlarged 2cm lymph node that is in the left lobe of ythe thyroid is very deep and that is why I can't feel it. I am going to have a FNA next week. I am worried because I get the night sweats and now sometimes during the day I get this very hot feeling and the sweat pours down my back. Do you think the sweats could have something to do with the enlarged node. please answer me back
From what I have read, drenching night sweats, fever, fatigue, unintentional weight loss are all symptoms of lymphoma. How bad are the night sweats and do you have any of the other symptoms?

Debbie
Hi Debbie  I am tired and my voice gets hoarse at times but no fever. I am having a needle biopsy of the enlarged node in a week. They say its 2cm but its deep in the left lobe of thyroid thats why I can't feel it. I havve also read that it could be lymphoma but I have not lost any weight. thanks for getting back to me I will keep you posted about my biopsy

Arley
I have had swollen lymph nodes for several months, and just got the  results back from the MRI that my ENT ordered, here are the findings from the report.

FINDINGS: There are numerous lymph nodes in both sides of the neck both in the anterior and posterior triangles. The largest is probably adjacent to the right submandibular gland. It measures 2.3 cm. Numerous other lymph nodes measure more in the vicinity of 1.0 cm. The oropharyngeal area and airway appear normal. Submandibular glands appear normal. The thyroid appears normal. The vessels appear normal.

IMPRESSION: Bilateral abnormal number of lymph nodes. Also abnormal in size. Etiology uncertain. Consider lymphoma. Recommend CT chest, abdomen and pelvis. (END OF REPORT)

My ENT opted to schedule me for a CT guided FNA (fine needle aspiration) of one of the lymph nodes. I am now waiting for authorization from my HMO. Should hear something in a couple of days.

Max M.
I am sorry to hear this. A needle biopsy is not 100% accurate. Usually the doctor cannot obtain enough of the cells from the biopsy to render a dx. What you want is for a lymph node to be removed for biopsy. Then the entire node and cells can be looked at. Usually what happens in a FNA biopsy is it comes back benign and you still have your symptoms or the doctor then requests a full biopsy. You might as well push your doctor and insurance for the complete biopsy.
Let me know how you do.

Debbie
I have had tests done for Thyroid, HIV, Hepatitis, Cat Scratch Disease, and numerous other blood tests for who knows what.  My doctor said the lymph nodes in my neck are palpable, but they are not growing and still very small.  I have a large lump in my armpit as well, but a saw a surgeon and she felt that it was nothing to worry about.
I am an ovarian cancer patient and have been on chemo now off and on for 5 years. I have had no voice for 5 months and was told it might be a reaction to a chemo drug. I decided to go to an ENT on my own, first they gave me Nexium thinking I had acid reflux which had contaminated my vocal cords but I took the pills for 2 weeks with no results. I went back to ENT then he sent me for a CT scan of neck and chest. It showed enlarged lymph nodes in throat area (which is reason for no voice I guess) and in subclavical?? area. The ENT would not do anything himself he referred me back to my oncologist. The oncologist looked at the scan results and immediately put me on a different chemo drug (I had been taking Avastin and Taxol every other week) - the new drug is Carboplatin. He said it would shrink the lymph nodes. I asked about surgery on the nodes?, a biopsy? he said no the new chemo drug would do the trick. He did decide to send me for a petscan which I will have tomorrow.
I have been reading all your entries and am praying for all of you but no one has mentioned losing their voice. I would like to hear from anyone who has.
tx
Hasimots's thyroiditis has been linked with thyroid cancer.  My daughter's thyroid became enlarged when she was 14 years old and also had a lymph gland become enlarged near her clavical (breastbone).  She was diagnosed with Hasimoto's and put on Synthoid.  That caused the swelling to go down and she seemed ok for several years.  Untimately, we moved and a new doctor took her off of the Synthroid.  Then her thyroid and the same lymph gland once again started to enlarge.  She had a biopsy and we found out that she had thyroid cancer, stage II.  This past January she had her thyoid and all the lymph glands on the right side of her neck removed at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at Houston.  She is now 18 and just had a radioactive iodine body scan and came back totally cancer free.
dd3
I have commented in other forums but this forum seems to target lymph nodes. I hope everyone is OK and their tests are OK. I too have a cyst on my kidney, which has been there forr years and has not grown. Nothing to worry about. I have had symptoms of fullness in the throat for about 11 years, which I think is swollen lymph nodes. Had a full body cat scan which shows no abnormal nodes but my armpits are really woleen now. I realize that this could be a precursor to lymphoma but I have not heard CFIDS mentioned in here at all. I think that many have CFIDS and because its a new "syndrome" and there is no real way to diagnose it, that many doctors will not recognize it as legitimate. www.cfids.org should give answers. I am in the same boat with many of you (for about 11 years now) I too have spent thousands on doctors to no avail. I also no that it has caused anxiety (which I can recognize) migraines-which I take Maxalt for, GERD-which I take nexium for, and now my bones, muscles ache.  Good luck to all of you, hope you find the answers you need.  God Bless.
I have lymphadenopathy on my right side of my neck and collar bone area involving a couple of nodes. I also have enlarged salivary glands. The salivary glands have been enlarged for a number of years, and I just ignored it, and doctors never asked about them in numerous exams. I recently found out the hctz I was taking for hypertension could cause inflammation of the sub-mandibular salivary glands. My GP thought he felt an ill-defined lump in my left breast (I am a male) and because my mother died of breast cancer at the age of 47 he ordered both mammograms and ultrasound to rule out breast cancer. He has also ordered CBC and TSH blood tests among others including HIV. He is out of the office and I won't have a visit until two weeks. However the US and Mammographic Tech said they saw nothing unusual. I have also had a chest xray which came back as normal for my age. I also am experiencing stiffness in my neck and itching around the collarbone and neckline. In fact it was the itching that made me discover the swollen nodes. That is when I went to the Dr. The itching has been going on for the better part of 3-5 months more or less. Any input from you would be appreciated. Thank you. TPJ92104
My concern for you is moreso with the lymph nodes in the collarbone area. There is nothing that "drains" to these nodes to make them enlarged. This is why it is suspicious when there is enlargement in this area. My advise to you is to push for a biposy of a node in this area. You need to know what the nodes in this area are responding to.
Doctors are reluctant to biopsy a node unless it is "BIG". You may have to really push to get this done.
Let me ask you this, are you noticing any of the following symptoms?: fatigue, low grade fever (does not have to be constant), night sweats.
I will check back to see what you respond with.

Thanks,

Debbie
New to the forum (hello) and just wanted to add to the the lymph node discussion.  I noticed small little lumps around my jaw and along either side of my neck about 8 months ago.  After asking around, I found out they were swollen lymph nodes.  They have been swollen since.  And since then, I've had swollen glands around my collarbone, in and around my armpits, and around my groin.  Its on both sides of my body, and some of the nodes are quite large.  Anytime I notice a new one, its because its quite tender to the touch, and sometimes even general movement (especially in the armpit).  I haven't gone to a doctor because I don't have health insurance and couldn't possibly afford to get any major tests done.  
I haven't had any recent infections.  I've been experiencing fatigue, but nothing caffeine won't cure.  In general, I feel alright... but not great.  Fatigue is the biggest thing.  I used to have to sleep with a bunch of blankets on my bed (even in the hot summer) and now I can't stand to have more than a sheet or light blanket on me.  I get too hot.  
Any insight, or a place where I could find some free or low cost treatment would be very helpful.  Thank you!
Hi, i am 23, female and scared as hell. All began with swollen lymph node on under my left ear. Soon after noticing it i had extreme pain in my tonsils/throat and neck glands. I soon developed a fever. I was extremely tired and all i could do was sleep, i also had pains in both my left and right side abdomen under my ribs. I became breathless and started to get alot of clear mucus come up. Since being bed ridden, i still have ongoing symptoms.
I have been tested for all STD's (HIV, heps) EBV, mono, strep, cat-scratch, lymes etc all neg
CBC was normal but towards the end of my illness my liver enzymes were raised including biliruben (i was jaundice and still am a bit). Chest x-ray clear, ultrasound of upper abdoman normal. ESR, ANA, FILM normal also.
Since tests more lymph nodes have swollen on both sides of my neck in a line they are soft and squishy. The one under my left ear is harder. My ears constantly ring and still have some pains in my sides and sometimes my left shoulder. I still feel like i cant get my full breath of air in. I get hot during the days but my feet are always cold. Have some sweaty nights (boyfrield noticed, i did not know) and still am tired a fair bit.
Doctor gave me anti-biotics for infection (without knowing if i had one or not) and has done nothing. He told me that lymph nodes were too small to biopsy.
If anyone could please help me -

If i am getting better shouldnt lymph nodes be going away not coming up?
If chest x-ray is clear and CBC is norm what could the short breath be from?
What other tests can i get done if they will not do a biopsy to rule out cancer/lymphoma?

Please help me out anyone
Thanx
Have you been to an ear, nose & throat doctor? It would be a good idea to have a node biopsied. This is the only way to find out what is going on.

Debbie
Hi I am Vivienne andf new to the forum ..I am 49 and last week I was feeling unwell ..flu like symtons..but it seemed to pass ..I then took a lump on the left side of my neck ...and stinging type pain in certain areas of my head ..I was flying from Scotland to Canada on Saturday and had the pain in my head all day ..when I arrived withing a half hour period the pain in my head had gone but my lymph glads had swollen all over the back of my head ..left hand side ..I went to the doc here who never really said anything except to frighten me as she said if they did not go away ..they would do blood work as it might be serious ..so I have been in a state of panic ever since ..I have decided to go back tomorrow for the blood work as I dont want to wait ..te stinging sensation is still there in the lymph nodes and its hard to forget about about it ...has anyone else had this before ..?

I've had several swollen lymph nodes at the right side of my neck in the past year.  My ENT surgically removed the largest one measuring 3.5 cm in January of this year.  It was biopsied and came back as a reactive lymph node; no other explanation.  Well, 8 months later, I still have other swollen nodes.  I have to go back next week for another cat scan.  I'm very worried.
I have a lymph node that is at the base of my skull that is hard and every once in a while I get a really bad headache where the node is.   Could the node be hitting a nerve or something.  I also have a lymph node on my collar bone that is hard, this is all on my left side.  My left breast is always a problem too.  The doctor always says "go have a mamm. NOW"  I do and they say they can't really tell because I have thick tissue.  I have a mamm. every 6 months to see if anything has changed.  Do you have any idea of what can cause these things.

LYMPHNODE
Did your nodes pop up and grow fast or had you had them for a while?

Deb
Yes, the node could be hitting a nerve. I am surprised that your doctor did not do a CT or ultrascan of the area. The node in the collar bone region is the one that is more of a problem. I don't want to scare you but these are the "more dangerous" of the nodes especially on the left side. If I were you I would go to an Ears, nose & throat doctor and have this evaluated. Please let me know how you are.

Deb
Hi again,

I had a few of them for a while, but the recent ones just popped up and grew fast..very weird!  
It seems like you may have something going on with your immune system. When you see your doctor ask about seeing a rhumetologist. It may be that there is something going on. If you are not experiencing any other symptoms of lymphoma at this point I would not worry about that..
Deb

I actually did see a Rhumetologist after my first surgery due to arthritis pain.  I had a bunch of tests and everything was fine except for having a false positive result for RMSF.  They gave me strong antibiodics for a week just to be safe.  Other symptoms that I've been experiencing include fatigue, body pain, headaches, weight gain, sweating at night and it's very hard for me to get up in the morning.  I hate feeling like this!  The swollen nodes I have now are under the submandibular gland. The one I had removed was a cervical lymph node.  All on the right side.  I'm going for my Cat Scan tomorrow morning and back to the ENT on Monday morning for my results.  Wish me luck!
I do wish you Good Luck! Please don't forget to post the findings. I am pulling for you!

Deb
Hi Deb,

Thank you for your response - I just got my labs yesterday.

US/Mammograms negative.
X-ray clean.
HIV-Negative;
TSH 4.39
CBC Panel unremarkable
SED rate only 1

However I am concerned about the things the Dr. really could not explain away.

1.  ANA Screen came back positive with a titer of 1:80 - pattern is speckled.
2.  CMV IGG came back positive @ 3.62 where 1.10 or > is positive.
3.  Epstein-Barr Virus VCA - positive at >5.00 where >1.10 is positive.

He is referring me to both an ENT specialist for a workup as well as a surgeon for possible removal of the 2-3 lymph nodes for pathology tests.  He said since my SED rate is only 1 that systemic inflammation or disease is unlikely.

In response to your direct questions, I am not aware of any low-grade fever. I am tired a lot, but I work a very physical job and I am 57 years old. Night sweats, other than seasonal sweats since I live without AC, have not been noticed. I do have considerable stiffness in my legs, back and neck in the mornings. I have also had fairly frequent rib pain in the lower rib cage (false rib area) for the past year. My doctor seems to think I pulled a rib and it will take forever to heal from what I understand. Just touching them (both sides) can be painful.

Thank you for getting back to me. I hope to hear from you if you have any suggestions or ideas. I won't be seeing the specialist for a few weeks probably. I am calling Monday for an appointment with the ENT. I am going to hold off on the surgeon until I see the ENT doctor and get his feedback.
Hey all.  I'm new to the forum and have been reading all of the posts.  I don't mean to make light of anyone's situation.  We all have an obligation to ourselves and our families to investigate anything that we think could be wrong with our health.  That being said, I couldn't help but to comment on some of the negative emotions people are expressing in these posts.  Being "extremely worried" or "scared as hell" or
"panicked" are not good responses to any of your problems, even if the problems themselves are very real.  That type of thinking is extremely degenerative and counterproductive.  As a semi-recovered hypochondriac I can tell you that these emotions only lead to more symptoms.  It's an incredible snowball effect and if you think it can't happen, please, believe me, it can and will.  Some of you have described yourselves as "not being able to make it through the day."  There was a time in my life when I could not get out of bed in the morning, or function at all during the day because I was so overwhelmed with panic about my health.  This while being a perfectly healthy 21 year-old college athlete.  I was never a hypochondriac growing up but a simple stomach virus that went misdiagnosed sent my life into a tailspin from which I was absolutely certain I would never recover.  That is how powerful hypochondria can be.  I can almost guarantee that some of you have experienced symptoms that you did not notice before reading posts on this site.  I checked out the site because I have had a single, swollen node (or something) in my left neck for about 4 years and was curious.  It is not painful, and  has not changed size since I noticed it.  I have no other symptoms, and am a healthy person.  However just reading these posts I felt myself getting dragged back into the mental abyss that is hypochondria.  A good rule of thumb is that if you have to question whether or not any symptom is real, chances are it isn't.  I urge you all to be honest with yourselves when telling your Dr.'s about the symptoms you are really, truly experiencing.  When you present this to your doctor it will help him or her make a more accurate diagnosis.  Back when I was a full-blown hypo I went to doctors all the time and I soon found that Doc's are suspect of patients who present with multiple, often unrelated symptoms.  Again, I don't want to sound like I'm not sympathetic to what you all are going through, and I'm not suggesting that you're all hypochondriacs.  I just wanted to give some advice.  I know you've all wished that you could go to be one night and wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine.  Rest assured that as long as the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning is your health, it won't.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Try to stay away from the internet sites.  If symptoms are real, you don't need WebMD to identify them for you.  You'll know it.  Feeling like you're facing imminent death will not help you, whether you're sick or not.  Wish you all the best.

-AP
Thanks for your concerns, however letting serious symptoms slide for fear of being labeled hypochondriac, is a price one must pay. My mother had the same feelings and died of metastasized breast cancer at the age of 47. Not being concerned could cost you your life. I am glad your situation turned out to not be life threatening and did not progress to a more complicated situation, but not everyone will be as lucky. I have a wonderful doctor who listens and cares, and takes me seriously. My advice to those posting on this chat room is to take everything seriously. To do otherwise may cost you your life.

tpj92104
Sorry to hear about your mother, and as I said in my post, I'm not saying everyone in here is a hypochondriac.  If you have serious, noticeable symptoms, they absolutely should be adressed, and you should seek out every medical professional necessary until you get someone to listen.  My main point is that everyone should be cautious that anticipating the worst in any situation rarely leads to the best.  A positive outlook is always helpful, and allowing your worry to control your life can be destructive.
Hi...
I am new to this discussion. I have 2 swollen lymph node on both sides of my neck and 1 behind my ears. I have it for abt an year now. i am 25 yesra old. I got all my test done but no sign of any disease. I ma having pain in my neck and back, but i think thats coz of my proffesion which involves long sitting hours. I had my US done too. but reports were normal. I am really scared as there is no reason for that. They are neither increasing nor decreasing in size. Please let me know if any one knows any possible justification for swollen lymph nodes for this long period.
Thx Garv.
Hi guys im new here as well. I have had a swollen lymph node on the right side for 4 years now. It hasnt changed in size it doesnt hurt , and its located right under my chin  on the right side. I have been going to my doc asking her about it she kept saying it was fine. It has been stressing me out so much i finally demanded she send me for an ultrasound . The results came back and she said it was noticibly larger than the other side. She said the good thing was it was only the one node that was big and it hadnt chaned size or anything. I had a CBC done and my white cells were good but she checked my ESR? I think thats what it is and it showed an inflamation (inflammation) in my body somewhere but she doesnt know where. she told me to go see a dentist to rule that out so i did and i have a calcium buildup on my teeth on that side on the outside of my teeth and a wisdom tooth still in the root but teh dentist said she couldnt see an infection. So i had an xray done, and you can see the node on it and it has white dots in there. The other side was clear . IM SO freaked out now. Th e dentist said it was calcified but she hadnt seen anything like that before.So im going back to my doc with the xray pic. Has anyone heard of anything like this?? Can anyone give me some input?? Thanks for your time . Gail
I am a 29 year old woman and I had a lymph node that was swollen way beyond the upper limits of normal.  I was being seen for something else when my ENT started stressing about the lymph node instead.  It had been swollen for so long that I didn't even think anything about it.  They tried giving me different antibiotics for strange things like Cat Scratch Fever and such, and after two CT's and a MRI, I had surgery to have the lymph node removed.  Everything came back fine and they said it is just one of those things they can't explain.  About a month after my surgery, another lymph node to the left of the one they took out has swollen up as big as the one they removed!  It has been a year and a half since they surgery and it is still swollen. They say not to worry, that sometimes lymph node swelling is unexplainable.
Sometimes nodes will swell due to infection and then never ever return to their previous undetectable size. As long as they do not grow, are not rock hard and you do not have any of the following symptoms: fatigue, night sweats, fever, weight loss, itching (terrible itching) then you really should be okay. Also, nodes over 1 cm should be investigated further. It seems that so many people experience nodal enlargement. I myself have one on each side of my neck and have had them for 1 1/2 years. I have done extensive research on them. I hope this helps!

Debbie
I have been going in for blood tests for the past 2 weeks. I had been having fevers about 2 times a month with night sweating. I do have fatigue, but I have 3 kids including a baby.  Well, the tests kept turning up false positives. For West nile & lupus. It did show high platelets and poor liver function. I had a CT and it shown a few swollen lymph nodes in my abdomen. I'm now being referred to a GI specialist. All the waiting is so hard. I of course expect the worst. My son had leukemia, so the doctors telling me it would be rare for it to be serious provides little comfort. Thanks for any input. Dyan
Hey guys thanks for your input. I have just been so stressed about this situation. Im 29 years old too by the way. As i said i have had it for 4 years and its just recently my doc checked me. And when it came back showing as larger , thatS when she shows some signs of concern. M y biggest concern wa s that my ESR was off. So she said she we would have to find out why and i am extremely worried about that. I had a sinus infection when i got my blood test done. Does anyone know if that would affect my  blood test results at all? I just dont know why its off. Also when i had my teeth xrayed i could see the lymph node on my right side it has like white dots in it and the other side was clear. The dentist said teh white spots looked like calcium. Has everyone ever heard of something like that appearing on a lymph node? So automatically i started to panic Considering you couldnt even see the lymph node on the other side. I have to go back to my doc on thurs to tell her about my dental checkup. I also talked to a doctor friend of mine in a diff city and he said same as my doc. I asked him if i should get a biopsy and he said teh same thing if it hasnt changed size and the only symptom i have is fatigue but thats just from work and stuff. He said i should get my doc to check my esr again and check my calcium levels.  He said he didnt think there was a need for a biopsy it would just leave a scar and stuff but he said just to keep an eye on it. Thank you so much guys for listening to me and giving me your input. Sorry this is so long im just a big worrier. Thanks again .. Gail

There are a couple of people in here who may want to consider getting tested for lyme disease and/or visiting the CFIDS Association of America website and taking their online questionnaire, "Do I have CFIDS ?".

Also, 25% of CFIDS patients' have a positive ANA titer.
I am a 29 year old male.  I've had swollen lymph nodes in the neck as long as I can remember, but not incredibly swollen where it's been a big problem.  I also have TMJ which contributes to swallowing problems, i.e. something i've always just called a "throat thing."  But back to the point:  I went to the doctor as a child (probably about 8 yrs old) because my mom was worried about the bumps on both sides of the neck, below the jaw.  The doctor said I had swollen lymph nodes and told me to get off caffeine until they went back to normal.  I did that, but have pretty much included caffeine ever since and have attributed the swollenness to caffeine.  I haven't read any posts in this forum that mention a doctor ever mentioning this to them, so perhaps it could help someone?  Try backing off caffeine (if you can!), and monitor the lymph nodes.  Peace and God's Grace be with you all!
I want to clarify- I did get off caffeine after the doctor visit as a kid and the nodes did indeed go back down.  Slowly as I got older I got back into the caffeine and to this day i can feel the swollen nodes.  Everytime I feel them I think about that doctor's instructions and wish I could leave caffeine alone.  I wonder if there was any truth to his recommendation?  
I am new and just wanted to post maybe an opinion....I have been reading everyones posts and it seems everyone has the very same symptoms.  If you can, can you please think back as to what types of medication have been taken through the course of the year or years? I only ask, as I know certain medications in time can cause things to happen later on.  Could you please try to think and if you can, go on line and look up the medicationstaken to see what they can actually cause?  I know some can acutally cause long term damage.  I am not trying to scare anyone, just taking another course in hopes for resolution.  I too have lymph nodes in the back on my neck with pain....and have been checked time and time again for lymphoma.  Same thing, difficulty swallowing, pain in back of neck when nodes act up, and up set stomach along with fatigue.  I was tested last year and nothing.  It's back so I am not sure really, what's going on.  I don't want to work myself up into a frezy...Oh yeah, I almost forgot....I also experience light sensitivity as well.  I tried everything, sleeping and resting more, eating healthier...not sure if by now at this point I have just given in to it being stress related with no other cause. I know stress can wreak havoc on your body.....Not sure....Hope you all take care and I will pray for you and if I do come up with anything, I will let you  know.  It's the most frustrating thing to go through, especially after you have been to all the doctors and no one can find a thing wrong but the symptoms persist.......It's like having no closure.....Please take care......
Four weeks ago after what I thought was my usual sinus headache/face pounding stuffiness, I felt two nodes on the left, one cervical smaller and one larger near the collarbone.  I went to my doctor's associate because he wasn't available that day , went on 10 day round of antibiotics, no change; Then another antibiotic; another doctor looked, another antibiotic.  I finally sawy my own doctor last Thursday.  He sent me to a surgeon on Friday.  I am having a node biopsy under general anesthesia on Tuesday.  My own doctor showed immediate concern. I  am 69 and just retired from teaching on May 29.  I am nervous as I have never had general anesthesia and of course, because lymphoma is the most obvious diagnosis  I have had no night sweats, no itching, just loud tinnitis, facial ache and headache, tingling in left hand, and anxiety. I just need to feel someone is out there hearing me.
I just posted my first post to DEB, but I wanted to ask anyone who will just talk to me to go ahead.  In addition to what I said in that post, I wanted to add that I have excellent blood pressure, weigh what I did in high school, ran around after six graders for years, but have for many years experienced what I thought was extreme allergy, sinus irritation, etc.  I have had a july mammogram tht was fine, a pelvic MRI in March that was o.k., a colonoscopy and double contrast barium five years ago o.k; a MRI of head 4 years ago, o.k., An ENT evaluartion 4 years ago, no real disease to evaluate.  The tinnitus has been at 6-10   on a scale of 1-10 for five years, but recently feels like a 15.  That and the facial pounding sent me to the doctor.  I kept smelling strange things when my clogged sinuses opened like chicken soup, celery, or things I hadn't eaten.  Other people's colognes, etc. just literally assaulted me and I had to back up. My body feels as if it is buzzing at times.  The pressure in my face is there all the time.  After the bouts of antibiotics and the anxiety, I am not hungry at all, but I am attempting to eat something anyway.  My neck feels stiff, but I own up to being stressed so who knows?  The lymph node near the collarbone is the one to be surgically removed day after tomorrow.  Because of my age even though I have been in good health and worked hard up until 3 months ago, I am apprehensive not for dying, but for all the stuff all these people I read about have to go through for the time they have left  I know my four daughters will insist on my doing whatever treatment is out there because their father died of multiple myeloma 20 years ago, and their only brother and my only son died in an accident 2 years and 9 months ago.  I havent felt normal since that day. My girls are afraid, but supportive and trying to stay semi-positive.  This has been a hard month, and something definitive should come by the end of next week or so after the biopsy.  I need to talk to people on here because it is so hard to lay everything on my girls and even my friends.  I thank you for just being out there to talk to me. Sorry for being so windy.  Ex-teachers are usually very talkative.
Hello, Sorry you are going through all of this stress right after retirement!
The node by the collarbone is concerning. This is why it is being biopsied. Your doctor is correct in just having this procedure done. A lot of people get the run around and have numerous test before bipsoy. Nodes by the collarbone have a higher percentage of being malignant. (not trying to scare you). Have you felt tired and fatigued lately? Hopefully it will be nothing, just a reactive lymph node. I do ask that you post your results to me as I really want to know how you are.

Please try not to worry I will pray for you,

Deb
I had the biopsy on Tuesday under general anesthetic.  The surgeon told my daughters it was huge and he thought the worst when he first saw it, but during the biopsy, it popped open and pus exuded which made him feel there is some kind of infection that did not respond to the antibiotics and he plans to have it cultured, but often that doesn't reveal anything.  I have not heard from the biopsy itself and it is now Saturday morning.  I am to go back next week to check the incision.  My daughters felt very optomistic, but I am still terriby nervous, have sinus symptoms, and feel tired.  I will write when I know more definitively if that is possible. Last Monday was a whole month since I first went to the doctor complaining of my usual sinus headache, severe tinnitus, and some tingling in my left hand which doctors attribute to my neck stiffness.  I am weary, but trying to manage.  I have stayed with one daughter a part of the week, and another stayed with me.  I have been alone the last two days and am trying not to bother them even though I am nervous.  I took the first valium of my life this week.  Thank you for writing me back.  
Please hold good thoughts for me.  I get my biopsy results tomorrow at 3:30.  I made a hemotology/oncology appointment for the following Monday whether I need it or not.  Thanks for listening.  I am not having a good day today.  I have an upset tummy and my old hemorrhoid problem has revisitied me in full force.
Good thoughts are coming your way! It does sound like it was an infection. Usually they won't call you with results when they know you are coming in. Please let me know what you find out.

Your tummy is probably upset because you are nervous.

Take care of yourself!

Debbie
I went to the surgeon yesterday.  The three usual tests from the pathologist for lymphoma came back negative, but because of its size, location, and my age, the path has sent it off to another place for more definitive gram staining.  That will be back by the end of this week so I am still in limbo, I guess.  My surgeon thinks the outcome will be good, but he wants to be certain. I have a hemo appointment on Monday that I will keep if I am told to by Friday for more definitive work.  Thanks for replying.  The stress has been tremendous.  My daughter took me out to eat and I ate a little last night and tried to sleep some also.  Thanks again.  I will write later.
I felt all right when I first got up.  I drank a cup of coffee and then the explosive diarrhea started.  I felt slightly squeamish and very nervous again because that meal didn't stay and I felt like I needed it because I had had nothing else yesterday but a cup of yogurt and tea.  My belly isn't cramping much, but everything came out and I feel weak and scared again.  I was so hoping for a good day today when I would feel like doing something.  I haven't vacuumed in four weeks now and would have liked to try it today, but now I am too tired.  I don't like my lack of courage and strength these days.  I am disappointed in myself because I used to be so strong.
Don't beat yourself up. This is SO VERY scary! Once you know 100% for sure your body and mind can relax. Be good to yourself. I am certain you are okay but the relief will be when you hear it at the end of the week!
Try to eat things like rice, bread, anything that will be bland for your tummy.
Please let me know the final results. I'm pulling for ya!

Deb  
Thanks .  I will try.  My friend who is going through chemo called today and was very supportive.  I felt guilty for being such a pain in the butt.  She is principal of a middle school and is working in between treatments.  She is a great girl! .  I will write when I know.  How are you? Sarah
I am okay. I worry myself about a node I have on the left of my neck. It is kinda in the middle of my neck on the jugular node line behind the ear. The thing is I have had this for 1 year and 7 months now. I found it by searching for it and then aggravating it because I of compulsive behavior. I do not have any lymphoma symptoms, I run 6 miles a day + work out with weight 2X per week. I want to believe that I have caused this node to stay by playing with it everyday. It is not big. It is less than 1 cm. I still worry though. I have done so much reserach because of this node. I sure thing though that I would have symptoms by now if it was lymphoma. What do you think?

Debbie
I would certainly think you would have something else by now.  Mine came up quite suddenly The one he didn't biopsy last week seems slightly smaller now.  It wasn't as large as the other one anyway.  It is higher up on the left more jugular also.  The receptionist in the hematology office just called to confirm my Monday appointment.  I don't have any results to take to them yet, but I will wait until tomorrow to see what to do about that.  This has been this hardest month for me in a long while since my son died in an accident over two years ago.  That , of course, is the worse event of my life.  My husband died of multiple myeloma twenty-one years ago, but he was so terribly ill it was like a release to let him go.  I also had five kids to finish taking care of also.  Hope yours stays nothing and you stay well.
I wish you the best!!

I am here because I have a swollen salivary gland on the right side just behind the last set of molars (felt from the inside with tongue) and a swollen node on the right side of my neck. I have been treated with antibiotics (sinus and cough cleared up, but got a yeast infection). Nodes have not reduced or gained in size.. I force my self to not touch them.
Feel fine, CBC, thyroid, blood sugar, liver panels, normal. For a year had itching and hives, placed on an antihistamine; that worked. Also read that antihistamines can case swollen salivary glands.. Stopped taking them very rarely have hives and if I do get them, I ignore them and do not scratch.. they go away.

I couldn't help but to relate to "ap75" comments. I am 43 and had NEVER been concerned about my health-- it's all good right.. positive attitude stuff.  Until I had a panic attack 2yrs ago in Dec..  2 yrs ago Feb. my daughter attempted suicide (thankfully I was home to help her) from thereon I home schooled her and nursed her back to health. I never took time to grieve. (Just the flash backs of the scene I break down). That Aug. a friend of mine and I went on a long needed vacation and she asked me about my daughter.. I immediately choked upped as if I could not breathe and felt sharp pains in my chest-- this had been going on for a while. At that moment, I put the two together.  Then in Nov. while preparing Thanksgiving dinner I again had sharp pains running up and down my arms and chest pain.. (My fiancé and my family were meeting for the first time and I was planning a huge party). A week later while on vacation had a full blown panic attack.. felt as if I were having a heart attack.  Since that time, I have had anticipatory anxiety. My “ills” seem to travel throughout my body. That is, when “I fa get about it” they go away and move to another part. Also with the stress of being in an anxious state of mind I have had more colds than ever!!  

I thought I could handle the anxiety on my own--its only stress.  Went to therapy and learned relaxation therapy, I feel healthier but still have this fear of ill health. I can rationalize that I am 40+, 5 kids, totally in love with my husband, and am not ready for some terminal disease. But the DIS-EASE that I carry with me every day could create a dreaded aliment. Which is why ( I digress) that I Google every ache and pain. I know anxiety can create irrational thoughts, and in the end can manifest the very thing I fear. I am working on that. I also do not want to ignore a potentially real aliment that would confirm my daily fears. This is called a CATCH-22. Thankfully I see my therapist next week!!!!

Delph, your comments struck home to me because of the anxiety of losing a child, or in my case near lose of a child. That for me was the worse experience of my life (I have had many—so I thought) and I have never been the same since. Now I recognize a good day and celebrate. They are so rare that I say WOW, I feel good today… I feel like my normal self!!  

I wish you the best in your health and your bereavement. I hope that you will feel normal again.
Thank you for writing back.  My son had lots of problems, and had come back to me three years before his death after a bad divorce.  I pretty much centered my life around my teaching and him .  If I hadn't been at the doctor that morning, I would have been with him and the accident would not have happened.  Since it happened at my house, I moved somewhere else so I felt another loss.  My daughter went back to work teaching after home schooling for years, and I retired this year and I don't have her to talk to every day.  The neck node is very real , however.  I saw the look on my doctor's face when he saw it.  The surgeon still feels optomistic so I am calling him again today so he can tell me what to do about my hematology appointment on Monday morning.  Should I go anyway and try to find out what is wrong?  I am still trying, but I have just been sort of hanging here for a month.  I get up, bathe, try to eat, try to watch TV, try to do a few chores, and then I sit hoping I will go back to sleep for awhile.  I have to do better than this.  My doctor has suggested a therapist, but I feel like I am tasking my new medicare and my old Blue Cross Blue Shield all of a sudden when I really didn't use it that much before.  I am on no medications except calcium citrate, centrum silver, and 81 mg aspirin.  Now all of a sudden, I am having surgery, referral appointments, etc. I have had sinus symptoms for years.  Atlanta isn't the best place for allergies anyhow.  I consider every symptom now as a cancer symptom whether I have ever had it before or not.  I have diverticulosis diagnosed five years ago with a double contrast barium.  Now every time I have a bowel issue, I think the gastro diagnosed it wrong and I really have colon cancer.  He said I had strictures in my colon and that is why he didn't complete the colonoscopy.  I went back in a year and he still insisted that I just have plenty of diverticula .  I have had a pelvic sonogram, an MRI of the pelvic area in March, a mammogram in July, and routine blood work recently, all of which was o.k.   I have chronic tinnitus for over five years or more.  My only brother who is a year younger has it just as bad and he lives in Alabama.  We talk about it on the phone.  I now am relating it to the neck nodes which it probably doesn't relate to at all.  I feel alone and even take the phone into the bathroom to take a bath for the last month.  I want to do better than this .  I used to be so strong bringing up all those children by myself.  Why have I disintegrated into this weak person?  I try not to let anyone know how I really feel inside. I am glad your daughter is o.k.  Every time I see on TV the death of someone's child in accident, war, etc., I cry for them because I know now how they feel.  I empathized before, but now I really know.  Thank you for listening.  Sometimes this is the only thing I can do when I get up.
Take care of yourself. Follow your doctors advice.  Find a psychologist that believes in the mind, the body and the spirit.  You will feel better.  It is possible to have both anxiety and depression, neither of which is healthful and will impact your overall physical health.

You need to unload!!  
I am going to try.  Since I wrote this morning, I called the surgeon and they don't have the slides yet.  I called the hematologist and they said they would try to get the results for me by Monday so I am to go on to that appointment.  I don't feel well today.  My upper center back is hurting like it does sometimes anyway, but worse.  I have to try to get through today somehow.  Thank you for writing.
I came to this site trying to find out about throat and neck pain and swelling.  I have been reading everyones comments and questions.  I have not been able to stop thinking about you and your concerns.  It has helped me to not think so much about my problems.  You have to stay optomistic and never give up hope.  The world is full of people who have beat the odds and you too can be one of them.  I am praying for you and your outcome.  
I am grateful for your reply.  I am going on to the hematologist on Monday and get ready for whatever is to come next.  By the end of the day yesterday, I had my old nasal and head symptoms back.  I think everything that happens to me now relates to the neck nodes.  Things I would ordinarily have just dismissed become a part of the whole thing.  I think it is time to just get a diagnosis and stop trying to find an explanation on my own.  I hope you have a good outcome for whatever is your situation.  Please let me know how you are.
The hematologist said the last path report shows genetic marker for lymphoma so I guess I am no longer undiagnosed , but officially ready for a lymphoma forum.  I have CAT and MRI of head to toe on the Friday.  I will stay here at my house until Thursday.  I just got here after being gone two days and will have to go back so someone can go with me to the hospital.  I called my apartment manager this morning and told her I would not be renewing my lease when it comes up in February.  I told her I possibly will be leaving before then.  I need to get on with whatever I need to do.  Right now I am processing until all the tests are in and we see what is left to do or what I might consider doing.  I saw all the people in a room sitting in these litttle chairs hooked up to bags filling their bodies with poison.  I am not sure I want that.  Thanks for listening.
Is it positively lymphoma? The 1st test did not reveal any lymphoma. What is a genetic marker?
There is another forum that is really good and has a wonderful lymphoma forum area. The only draw back with it is you cannot have any outside contact with other forum people and cannot post other websites. The site is:  www.************.com. I post as Debm412. You could sign up for any name you want. I would advise joining since it will be very helpful for you.

Deb
It is ************. How strange that it marked out the website on its own.

Deb
I am so sorry to hear this news.  You stay strong and do what you need to do.  I go to the doctor on Monday for a referral to whatever doctor I need to see.  I won't know for a while what is wrong with me.  You are in my thoughts and prays.
According to the pathologist, the gram stain showed that the node is positive for lymphoma.  How extensive it is will be determined by the MRI and CAT on Friday of this week.  They are looking to see if there are any signs of lymphoma elsewhere in the body that aren't visible like the node was.  The surgeon was almost sure it was not malignant, but the path did extensive tests and says it is lymphoma.  How active all this is remains to be seen.  The MRI is on the head region where all the sinus symptoms have been.  I had an MRI 4 years ago this summer and there was nothing there except the brain. ha.  I had a pelvic MRI  6 months ago and the gynecologist said there wasn't any disease there either.  I had a double contrast barium 5 years ago this summer and there was only the extensive diverticulosis.  The ordinary blood tests I have had this summer don't say anthing except ANA positive for inflammation.  Now all that is left right now is about 3 or 4 hours in those confined terrible tubes that I hate, but I have to do.   I am calling my annuity people today and getting started on withdrawing what I have to attempt to get a place with my daughter's family as soon as we can.  All I want to keep are my cats and the things I have left of my son's.  The girls can do as they please with the rest.  I am sad and tired, but I have been sad and tired for two years, 9 months and 19 days now without my boy.  I am plunging ahead and  trying to focas on things I can do right now.  Thank you for all your wonderful kindness.  I think a genetic marker means it was there and just got activated by something going on in the body.  I really can't find anything definitive on the internet, but I will ask the hematologist when I go on the 11th.
I am so sorry about this. Please let us know how the MRI and CAT scans go. You have been through so much and this is another bump in the road.

Please take care of yourself! You seem like such a nice person.

Debbie
Okay, I'm not sure where to begin with all this...My hubby has told me recently that he has had white spots in the back of his throat that if he's brushing his teeth he will run the toothbrush back there and they will break off not tasting very well, his tonsils are swollen, his lymph nodes are swollen, his gums are bleeding, his neck is swollen and stiff, he's having a hard time swallowing and chewing, his throat hurts along with his throat. He occasionally gets the chills and has been very tired. He loves his job and would do anything in the world to get up and go and he has a very hard time getting up in the morning. Apparently, this has been going on for the past few years and it's progressively getting worse. I told him he needs to go see a doctor and he's afraid to, because he knows what it is. Our insurance is changing as of Nov 1 and he has promised me to go see a doctor then. He is 36 years old and we have 3 young children. I have done my research and it all leads to some type of throat cancer. The thought has crossed my mind that it could be an infection, but my theory is I would have it and it wouldn't have gone on this long. The other thing is we were both on an antibiotic of 800 mg last year and there still there. They never went away. I'm trying to think positive but when I do all my research it all leads to the throat cancer. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I left the page up until I could tell you that the MRI showed nothing in the brain or sinuses.  The CAT showed some l.l cm nodes in the upper abdominal area so we are doing the PET next Friday.  I guess the official diagnosis is indolent non hodgkins lymphoma.  Hopefully, it will stay indolent a few years and I can have some time before heavy treatment if I even decide to do any.  Thank you for all the replies.
Okay, so I posted this a week and a half ago and I still have no response from anyone! I have emailed people and still no response. Apparently only certain people are important enough to get a response and I must not be one of them. So I guess I'll have to try and find another forum to post in. Thanks for nothing!!
I don't usually comment on these sites.  Good news is I don’t believe your husband has cancer based on the white stuff in his throat but bad news sounds like he has periodontal disease that should be take care of or he may lose all  of his teeth.  Good oral hygiene like brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day and flossing all your teeth every day helps prevent this.  Otherwise the gums bleed and recede from the tooth.  More about the white stuff in his tonsils. I had my tonsils removed when I was 32 years old in response to this “white decaying” stuff in them.  This white stuff for lack of a better word I believe is a type of infection…although my doctors and I disagree about the origin of it.  My ENT told me that it was either food debri getting lodged in “crypts” or holes of my tonsils and basically collecting bacteria which results in a really disgusting smell.  This makes your breath really bad and causes your throat to hurt.  Anyway, you can clean them out gently with a long Q-tip and gargle with a dilute solution of peroxide or salt water.  The only cure I found was to have my tonsils removed.  Hope this helps.
I am new to this forum.  I have been dealing with enlarge lymph nodes for 1.5 years.  It started with one enlarge lymph node in the subclavicular area.  I had an ultrasound which came back suspicious and was referred for a CT, the very next morning they called me back to have an MRI as the previous CT showed abnormalities and several nodes in my neck area varying in size between 1 to 1.5 cm.  The specialist that I saw specialize in lymph node surgery (he is a surgeon) related to melanoma since I had a melanoma on my right leg in April 2003.  He wasn't concerned with my lymph nodes and didn't want to do a biopsy.  I went back to see him in September because I have been feeling unwell since June.  Again he was not concerned.  I did a blood test and it only revealed ferritin at 38 so I was sent back for another test a week later and it had gone down to 33 but he didn't do anything about it and neither did I since I don't know what it means.  Since then, I have lost 21 pounds since mid August; I have more palpable lymph nodes.  I have constant cold sores on my lips and inside my nose.  I have intermittent fever but I am not sure if it is caused by the cold sores or if I have the cold sores as a result of the fever.  I had cold sores in the past but maybe one every two years.  I went to a clinic yesterday because I felt unwell again and the doc said that I had sign of an infection in my mouth and that my lymph nodes could be caused by a virus that I haven't been able to fight for 4 months.  He is sending me for blood work again. I am not scared about this, as cancer, which is usually the most scary diagnosis is not new to me.  As I said I had a melanoma removed and I lost my sister to cancer a year and a half ago.  Thanks for listening and any insight would be appreciated.
Hi I'm new to this post. I'm 22 just got out of the Marines and am on unemployment. I have 2 lynth nodes in the top part of my neck, one I know for sure has been there for many years and is soft and movable the other however, Is small 1cm and isn't hard but firm it is located near my hairline. I am concerned bacause as I said I'm on unemployment right now and don't have insurance and I don't know if I should have it checked out or not. I'm trying to figure out how hard is a cancerous lynth node suppose to be? It's not rock hard but it is firm. I have felt of my wifes lynth nodes and they feel like the soft one on my neck feels. Deb you seem to know a great deal about this stuff what do you think?
i am 16 years old and 5 days ago discovered a lymph node on mu neck..
it is only 1 cm.. but i couldnt find anything on the other side.
i have some throat pain 3 days ago and a runny nose but im fine now..
i feel completely fine now but im not sure wether i should go to a doctor or just wait..
please help
please help
im a 16yo male and i have the same problem do i have anything to worry about?
Hello,  I am new here.  I had an MRI done on my neck and was called back for c5-c6 herniation.  spelling.  And enlarged lymph node, 16mm x 25mm,  referred to ENT.  Saw him yesterday,  he can not feel lymph node, it is in jugular region.  He has ordered CT Scan to be done on Monday.  I lost my Dad 3 years ago to Colon Cancer.  I do have night sweats, my Primary Doctor said it was hormones, had a hysterecomy 13 years ago for severe cervical dysplasia.  I am always tired.  I am on B\P medication and hormones, now on muscle relaxers too.  I am just a little freaked out. I am 43 y/o female.
I have a swollen subclavical lymph node on the left side.  It is very noticable.  I saw my doctor about it a month ago.  He did a chest xray and said it showed bronchitis.  I do hot have bronchitis and have not had so much as a cold in a couple of years.  He asked if I wanted a CT scan but I left it up to him and he didn't seem worried at all.  I didn't have the CT scan as a result.  Now, that lumph node is even more swollen.  I have lost confidence in my doctor and am considering starting over with someone else.  I am 60,, female have high blood pressure, celiac disease and psoriatic arthritis.  The lymph node is not tender.  It is rubbery and probably the size of 3/4ths of my palm, and I have small hands.  I don't have any other symptoms that go with lymphoma.  Should I be worried?  Thanks
I should add that I am short of breath and sometimes feel little sharp pains in my chest.  My mother died of pulminary fibrosis.  
What is it with all the sick 26-year-olds?  

I'm a 26-yr-old female who, about 2 months ago, found swollen lymph nodes in my neck.  One is probably about 1cm, the other, much smaller.  (I just discovered one under my chin today after reading someone else's post.  Who knows how long that's been there.)  As I was recovering from a cold, this swelling seemed normal, but after 4 weeks, the nodes were still swollen.  My doctor tested me for Mono, some other Mono-like virus, had a chest x-ray and a myriad other blood tests and all came back fine.

About 2 weeks ago, I was eating something when I had a weird pain in my jaw, accompanied by nausea and dizziness.  It subsided after a few days, but I continue to have lots of pressure in my ears and popping (side note: I had major reconstructive jaw surgery 2 years ago).  I also have had some discomfort when I sleep.  Sore neck mostly, I had to buy one of those expensive pillows but it doesn't do much good. Other than that, zero symptoms.  I feel fine, have a ton of energy.  No changes in node size. My doctor scheduled a biopsy for me in a few weeks (agonizing wait!) to check for lymphoma, lupus, HIV, and some other diseases that just seem completely unlikely.  

I haven't had a sick day in over 10 years; I've probably been into the doctor more these past 2 months than in my entire life combined. Does this situation sound familiar to anyone?
Hi i am 23 male. I have over about 1 year noticed large limph glands underneath my ears basically. Thought nothing of it then my ears started to ring and then humming noise. I had a strong heart beat in my neck and found it hard to sleep getting 1 hour less sleep a night. The doc gave me some cetirizine tablets to take at night. They seems to of got rid of my strong heart beat in my neck and the humm in my ears but they still slightly ring. My glands are still large and ache when i move my neck especially at night. I have 2 weeks left of the cetirizine tablets and now have notice a gland underneath me chin on my right side. I also get a really red and puffy face sometimes and have slight by my temples. I have had a blood test for problems with thyroids and diabetis and come back all clear. I also feel weak usually at the end of the day. The cetirizine tablets the doc gave me really caught me sleep up for a few days being asleep for 12 hours at night. I also when feeling tired get slight pins n needle especially in me ancle bone. I can still get through a normal working day but dont really feel like doing anything no more.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with me ?
Hi I am a 26 year old female ...I have has swollen golf ball sized lymph nodes on both sides of my throat....I am sooo tired all the time.....I am worried....doctor says they could be swollen because I was always sick as a child and they will stay big forever...but I just dont know.  I am so tired all the time....I sweat profusely...but not while sleeping and i have had some numbness and tingling in my hands...please help
Hi i think it is possible for the limph nodes to remain large if you have had a long term of illnes. The numbness in your hands is probly caused by the swelling of your neck this is normal. I think the best thing for you to do is try and forget about it. Do alot of excercise and just have a health diet. Try this for a month and its is very possle your tiredness will stop. As for your swollen glands if causing discomfort you might want to go back to your GP
Hiya im 15 and i have the same problem  i have had swollen glands for nearly a year since i had glandular fever! they hav not gone down since and im struggling now.... wen i wake up i have pain in my shoulders and neck as if i slept on them funny but i knw i dnt... i have these red lil dots tht suddenly appeared on me in radnom places :S i have recently been diagnoised with hypothyroidism but i am still tired all the time and depressed... wen i swallow its really loud and sumtimes i struggle 2 swallow my saliva.... also everytime i swallow i hear popping or crackling noises in my ears :S still swollen glands and hav had blood tests regulary.... also have had strep throat in the past... what seems to be going on because i can tell there something wrong... i also have bad headaches tht i have nearly everyday and itching in places such as arms mostly!!

please help me :(
To anyone who has gone undiagnosed, but has symptoms like:
chest pain
fatigue
night sweats
joint and/or muscle pain
lesions or bumps on body and/or legs
trouble breathing
swollen lymph nodes
overall ill feeling that won't go away
etc,etc,etc.

Suggest to your Dr. to see if you have Sarcoidosis. stopsarcoidois.com will tell you more about it and lead you to others who have the same issues. It is a multi-system auto immune disease. Difficult to diagnose and to treat. I have had it for 14 years and still get new symptoms. Alot of  the people on here sound just like the people I talk with on that site. Good luck. Theresa
My son has had a large lymph node ever since he was 6 months old, I had it looked at and they said he was just sick and it would go away. Well I had it looked at again when he was 3 and they said it was nothing and didnt do anything. Now he is 9 and it looks bigger, you can see it very well while he is just standing there, do I need to see another dr or something im worried.
Hi Ya'll.  Hopefully everyone is putting their best foot forward. Even though I keep falling, I still cowgirl up.  My Aunt had a breast removed in her thirties, she is in her sixeties now. My Grandpa died of lung cancer and never smoked a ciggarette in his life. I have had a thickening in my left axilla for eight years and lymph node swelling without infection in my left clavicle for seven years.  I have night sweats, periodic fevers, restless legs, pain in my lower legs when walking briskly, regular abdominal pain bouts and pain under my ribs, fatigue, anemia and nausea. Atypical weight gain. The clavicle and axilla growths dont particularly hurt but the areas around them have started hurting more often and with less exertion. Doctors have recommended further evalution based on imaging and doctors have dismissed everything due to lack of evidence.  There is no doubt that something is wrong, I know because I live with it every day and have been for years.  Having been a homemaker who did domestic work while raising my children I lack marketable job skills and am four credits short to be eligable for social security disabilty. Since I don't have minor children at home I do not qualify for medicaid. Ladies and Gentlemen, the medical field is so political that they have to pick and choose who gets the quality and quantity of medical care. Then there are the lawsuit crazies that ruin many chances for patients who are grateful for genuine medical care. Does any one notice the simularities of dismisal of facts and symptoms as compared to those who have top notch insurance and are above the lower working and middle class brackets? To counter balance all my woes I have returned to college. I am a full time student and part time receptionist at the college. Is it an oxymoron to be striving so hard to improve my living while struggling for my life?
I have had small swollen lymph node in the back of my neck since June. My biggest problem is I cannot move my neck! My neck, back , shoulders and waist are in very bad pain. I feel like I want to cut my head off! Also, I have a thyroid disorder (since I was 28, 40 now still normal with synthroid .o25) and I have been having a real hard time breathing. What I want to know is....What doctor should I go see for this??? I went to E R in July for horrible migrane (migraine) got MRI, x-rays and even a horrible spinal tap all came back good. I just cant take my neck and back pain anymore. Even gotten massages and nothing helps!! PLEASE HELP!!! ANYONE?????
Help!

I have been seeing many specialist and they all seem to be giving me the run around and no one seems to be "doing" anything except delaying my care and telling me what should be done.

In June of 2008, I started having severe abdomen pain and uncontrollable diarrhea. I had 2 normal CT scans. Nothing abnormal except ovarian cysts. I went to a GI doctor and had scopes and was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, gastroparesis without cause (I do not have diabetes), severe esophagitis, and rare precancerous cells that they do not know where they came from. They want to do more tests on that. I have also had pneumonia 4 times this year. I am only 32.

At the end of August, I noticed a large lymph node on the back of my neck on the right side. I figured it was a virus and let it go. In September, it was worse and painful. They also noticed I had mild swelling in 1 lymph node on the left side, bilateral axillary, and groin lymph node swelling. In 3 months I was treated with 3 antibiotics and steroids with the lymph nodes only increasing in size. I was referred to a Hem/Onc dr.

In the last month I had a failed biopsy (the dr did not know what he was doing and only got "normal tissue and not a lymph nose). I also had a CT of the neck which showed "multiple swollen nodes", a CT of the chest and abdomen Dec 28 which showed 13mm lymph nodes in the periaortic area of the abdomen, a right thyroid nodule 6mm. I had a MRI this past week which showed 1.5 cm left subclavicular lymph node swelling along with "marked abnormal lymph node swelling throughout my neck occipital, posterior, and anterior) with the largest on the left subclavicular area". I had a fine needle biopsy that showed lymphocytes (the dr would not tell me anything else except that a removal of lymph nodes under general needs to be done this week). I have had night sweats, no fevers, weight loss of 40 lbs in June (none since), and just an overall ill feeling. Sarcdosis was ruled out on the CT of the chest. My labs are fairly normal except for my CRP being high in October. I do have neck muscle pain, but the lymph nodes do not hurt. The are hard, rubbery, and palpable on my neck (anterior and posterior). They drs keep telling me they do not believe it is lymphoma or cancer, but what could it be??
I am sorry, I do not have a thyroid nodule, that was normal. I have a lung nodule that they believe is from a previous case of Valley Fever. Thanks!
i have large nodes under my neck,have not had act scan in a year. hopping i dont need chemo to make it small.
Hope you can get a medical system at least somewhat like in Canada with a President who has more than politics on his mind and goals that can make things better--if self interest groups can expire.

danada
I am white female 46yo. in calif.
2 years ago,I had swelling in rt submandilar {sp} gland, removed and biopsied. pathology said its kimura's disease. the ent had never heard of it!! I fit no pattern of this disease, which little is known.
2 weeks ago, I developed a very painful enlarged node in front of ear lobe on lft side.
increased pain to eyebrow and down neck. today there r 2 in neck, no paun associated.
dr. thinks they are not all related. having mri next week.
theres no indication of infection, no fever, clear mucous. its possible, the hard node in front of ear is a stone.
I never knew you could get stones there.
I have alot of anxiety, exp about having it or them cut out.
are they related?
I hope drs can give me answers.
I have a painful, swollen lymph gland on my neck, and feel very dizzy .
Also my eyes seem slightly out of focus.  Could these symptoms be related?  I saw my doctor yesterday and he has prescribed antibiotics, and did not seem very interested in the dizziness, which is my main concern.  Has anyone else had this problem?
I have read through many of your comments. I am sorry for everyones health issues.

I guess my story is different though. I got sick again at the end of the year, third viral infection i had in a year span and all similar symptoms between them. This concerned my doctor as my lymph nodes were also really swollen. He told me to rest and stay out of school for the week and to basically be on bed rest again. He then asked me to come back in 6 weeks to do a follow up. So I went back with still swollen lymph nodes, he said he was concerned about them and said the first thing they normally try is an extended period of antibiotics. I was put on 500mg of ceftin twice daily for 3 weeks. He also advised I take a vitamin daily (so I have been doing that) and then he said to come back in 6 weeks and if they were still an issue we would look into imaging studies. I also have a pain on  the upper left part of my abdomen that he checks in on. He originally thought it might  be a kidney problem during the 2nd viral infection I had and he did a urine test but said it checked out fine and that he was going to watch it.

Why I feel my story is different is that my doctor is the one being persistent and concerned. I think having a good doctor can make all the difference. So I would advise seeking out 2nd opinions to all, doing as your doctor requests with follow ups to see if it works, asking questions and being honest in the doctors office. and if anyone has an idea what is wrong with me please let me know. I have had my kidneys tested and had mono tests (multiple times). The antibiotics unfortunateltly didn't work and I go back in, in 3 weeks to see what my next step is in solving the mystery.

oddly searching the internet I found a lot of people who had unknown cause for swollen lymph nodes. I guess the antibiotics rule out infection of any kind for the most part. Those were some strong drugs! I guess imaging studies would rule out several more things.
Hi I am 19 year old female, and I am here to tell you the experience about my enlarged lymph nodes.
It all started about 5 weeks ago when i noticed a lump on the left side of my neck. I was a bit concerned but my parents told me to wait 3 weeks and see if it decrease in size, however it didn't, in fact, more lymph nodes showed up on the bottom of the lymph node, and during that 3 weeks were getting larger and larger. I was at my upmost concern that i went to see a doctor.
He prescribed me with antibiotics and believed it was just some kind of bacterial infection. Although he made me take a blood test two weeks ago and so far none have called so I'm guessing the results are normal, and just last Friday i had an ultrasound on my thyroid area (still waiting for the results).
It is now July 28th and so far I've noticed that the first lymph node was no longer palpable and the other lymph nodes under were decreasing in size (but still palpable)
I'm a little relieved that they were decreasing in size since 5 weeks ago. Although, i am wondering if i should still be concerned?

Here are the symptoms ive experienced along with the enlarged lymph nodes:
Loss of appetite
Loose stools (worse in some days and perfectly fine other days)
Abdominal cramps
Tiredness
Neck pain
2 infected salivary glands (one after another)
and frequent mouth ulcers

Presently, the lymph node swellings has gone down (as what I've said before) and Ive been feeling better than before also, no more mouth ulcers and infected salivary glands YAY :)

I  apologize for this long note , but I greatly sympathize for others I hope I can hear from you guys and I will keep updating you on this. Thanks

Oh and for choc_aid, I would like to know about the progress of your findings and I pray that you are feeling well. We are here for the same reason and that is to find comfort that you are not alone, and whatever this thing is, it will not defeat you.
take care and god bless
Hi all, just new to this community but I was looking through google results for answers about swollen glands and this looks to be at least a good place to talk about it.

I have a similar situation to some of the others here - back in March/April I started getting intense bloating/intestinal pain, nausea off and on, and frequent acid reflux. When I went to my doctor she prescribed a medication to combat the stomach acid, suggesting that I might have GERD.

A few weeks after that I noticed a large lump the size of a grape underneath my earlobe/along my jaw that wasn't painful and when I saw my doc again in June informed her about it and she said we should keep an eye on it. Meds for the stomach acid helped the acid decrease, I watched more of what I ate, and for the most part my bloating and lower abdominal pains subsided. I still get discomfort once in a while with pasty-type stools that are sometimes difficult to pass. Otherwise I still have the swollen lymph node and during my physical at the end of July my doc suggested scheduling a biopsy and bloodwork. I know for a fact that she's tested for a lot of different things in my blood because there were many checkmarks on the sheet she gave me.

I went on vacation for the first two weeks of August but got my bloodwork taken before I went and have an appointment next week to follow up - however, just recently in the past week I've started feeling like I can't swallow sometimes or that this node is pushing on my windpipe, also like there is something stuck in my throat. The back of my neck aches and I have post nasal drip, sometimes a dry cough, and it feels like my ears are sore...symptoms that one might normally consider in a sore throat/head cold/sinus/strep situation I guess. My question is, is there some type of infection aside from cancer (I've been giving myself anxiety attacks over cancer possibilities already), that could be causing this enlarged lymph node and tenderness/head cold type symptoms?

I have not had nausea for weeks, in fact I think only once in July did I have it for a day on and off, nor have I ever vomited, had blurry vision, no fevers, loss of appetite, or weight loss. I don't smoke, drink once a month if that, try to limit my caffeine and eat well, also exercise a few times a week. I made a chiropractic appointment tomorrow because that has helped alleviate any shoulder/neck pain I've had in the past so hopefully that will help this time. Feel tired but I don't go to bed at the same time every night so I'm not sure if that's due to any sickness.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess the doc will have answers about the bloodwork for sure when I see her next week but I've been nervous about this lymph node for a while and need some reassurance or some answers if anyone has them.
Hi pixie6, I hope you are feeling fine
but to me, i think your problem had something to do in your GI tract, Lumps in your Neck most of the times indicates an infection (virus, bacteria) although, sometimes they are signs of malignancy or cancer. Im glad that you've checked with your doctor early to see any complications, Cancer or not , at least you got it checked out before it got worse.
If you are curious or anything about your lump, from my further research, i heard that lumps under the ear, are mostly due to infections, and not cancer, and also, if the lump is movable and doesn't feel irregular (is it smooth or rough?) then its just your lymph nodes fighting a foreign bacteria /virus.
but for now, lets wait till your bloodworks done and pray that everything is fine.

So far, if you read about my situation above, the lumps has decreased in size and i no longer experience any of the symptoms ive been feeling from the past. Although just to make sure, ill be having another ultrasounds and xrays.

I wish you all the best and whatever this maybe, you will be able to fight and conquer it
hope this helps :)
God bless

Anna  
hi just came across this site I have had muscle and joint pains for 5 weeks now have had a high temperature for a few weeks also,some chills a couple of times been in hospital for a week had a heap of tests done all negative,but my ct scan showed abnormally large lymph nodes in my chest and neck having a biopsy done tomorrrow does anyone know if it means that it is something serious i have or not i am worried.
I am 26 - I had lymphoma when I was 20 - it presented itself as a golf ball sized lump under my jaw by my ear - I just had a mass removed from the back of my head (I didn't even know there were lumph nodes there!) and they are running tests now.  

Those of you who say you are experiencing pain and discomfort - I know it ***** and is uncomfortable but one thing I have learned is that PAIN IS GOOD!!  Cancer does not hurt!  Worry if you have swollen nodes that are not sensitive and not causing you discomfort.  Just a little tidbit so hopefully some of you can rest easier, although I see this will make some of you even more nervous.  Just know it can be a variety of things - and even if it is cancer - cancer ***** but it is beatable!!  Pain is good - no pain means go get it checked!
hey, i have same node like ur's deb i think, ive written before here, and i got realy helped, 2 months ago i had thiroyd infection and i didnt treat for that, then a lymph node on my neck under my ear appeard, now after a while, i feel it decreased, but not to its original size, i can feel it only when i put my hand, plus im thin, 60kg, i did CBC test every thing was god, and made microscopy test also every thing is good, and the node can be seen when i turn my head to the maxxx degree to the left, it appears like a smal bump, but its so small approximatly, 0.5 cm, and never increased, and never give pain or change in texture, so deb, will it take a long time to disapper, or it might not, like some doctors tol me?
Have any of you heard of Epstein Barr Virus?? Or been tested?? I mean I have that and had all of your symptoms....Viruses usually stay with you and can cause reoccurring symptoms...Check it out. Best of luck "J"
I am a 43 year old female with sudden swelling in both of my breasts my lymph nodes in my neck and armpits are all swollen and painful, I am itching all over. I am not pregnant, I have been told I am in menopause state, have not had a period for a year and a half. I am worried that this may be lymphoma?
Hi all!

All of your symptoms sound all too familiar.  

Around 2 years ago, I had a large posterior lymph node show up very painful and swollen with a high fever of 103-104 and would not go away until 3 antibiotics tried.  They tried to biopsy it when it was very swollen but did not get anything and the "node" eventually went down to a smaller size but remains there hard and just to the right of C5-6.  I have a lot of neck/back problems from MVA and work accidents so I have had spinal pain and muscle pain from fibromyalgia as well, so it is hard to figure out what is going on in my body sometimes.

After my lymph node went down, I continued to have a continuous low grade fever (normally 97.4 was 99.5) that would increase in the evening.  The area to the left of the lymph node (other side of the spine) started to have burning pain and had recurring sore throat and teeth problems (MVA caused left back teeth to crack and had repaired).  

The doctor who WAS my PCP was very dismissive and did only the minimum or what I pressured him to do, causing a lot of pain and anxiety for me.  I was caring for my mom, who had a lot of medical problems, and am a nurse who has taken care of many different types of patients but especially oncology and metabolic disorder patients so the different symptoms were of concern to me.  It has been a long road since and there is not enough space for me to even begin to share what I have experienced due to the dismissiveness of doctors, the medical healthcare system which only gives doctors 15 minutes to analyze your condition, a "give a med" mentality of the doctors because they aren't sure what else to do, and sometimes the rarity of the disorders we have.

In the meantime, I took matters in my own hands and started a long search (internet, medical books, fellow nurses and professional medical friends) and put some of the pieces together.  

My advice to anyone who has a condition or concern in their head....like "Is this lymphoma?" to express it directly and have the doctor either give you direct evidence of why it is not, or order more tests and have them LOOK AT THE SCANS THEMSELVES, instead of relying on reports.  There are many things that the specialists can see instead of a general radiologist reading, especially if it is something that wasn't requested...ex.  MRI soft tissue neck, evaluate for lymph nodes.  And, if possible, go online and learn how to read the scans yourself..or at least look at them.  It is because of this that my diagnosis was finally made.  

When you go to the doctor, go with a list of what you want to know....what your symptoms are and what makes them better or worse, and also what you think (because all of us have done our own share of research by the time we see a specialist) may be a possible diagnosis or disease, also take a list of tests and other diagnostics that have been done before, although sometimes if it is overwhelming (as in my case) it can confuse the doctor, so perhaps only take the tests with abnormal findings or things that are directly related to what the doctor is seeing you for.  If you have multiple body symptoms, list your past medical history by body category for the doctor to see ex. GI  reflux disease, gastroparesis (by scintography on 5/08), post lap choly 2000,  and start to keep a diary of symptoms and how they are treated if you are seeing multiple specialists to eliminate trying to remember when you had that fever, and what meds did/didn't work.....another thing to do is take the list of symptoms from the diseases you suspect, and what tests to order ...he might not know all the new technology especially if a GP, but present it as informational in case their ego gets in the way of them looking at it positively.  = )  

In my case, I had to do something I don't recommend....look at my own scans...acknowledge that the doctor wasn't going to agree with me, and check off the tests to be done on the lab sheet with the general bloodwork he ordered because he didn't think I was right.  The tests I checked came back positive!  After 3 years, I know that the Lord allowed a way for this to occur, because my diagnosis is rare, and it might have never been found.

I was diagnosed with antibodies to ACTH, which causes Myasthenia Gravis, and in a lot of cases, is caused by a Thymoma...diagnosed by a chest CT....along with a paraneoplastic panel which came back negative (I requested it from my list of tests on the informational disease page I brought with me for him).  In August, CT was positive and I was sent to a thoracic surgeon for removal of what could be cancer....I was very scared but determined to be well.

In September I had a bronchoscopy, an endoscopy, and surgery for removal of the thymus gland and right lower lobe wedge resection for 2 nodules that showed up on a previous CT scan. Thankfully the pathology so far has been thymic hyperplasia.  The specimen says that is was not the cells suspected for Myasthenia Gravis, but doesn't say what they were. I am thankful that it seems that I don't have thymic carcinoma but after all I have been through, and a talk with an oncologist friend, I am pursuing the pathology further because only microscopic testing was done (again information I learned about the disease prior to my surgery), and more staining and chemical testing could have been done considering my lymph nodes, and myasthenia antibodies.  My inner voice is telling me to go further and I have learned to listen.  I am going to see the oncology specialist in 2 weeks, even if it only quells my anxiety, so that I can relax and revel in a benign diagnosis with this surgery.  I still face tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, tooth extractions, and possible lymph node biopsies, but I can feel assured of a correct diagnosis after I see the oncologist.  

What all of this is telling you is that your body was created by God in His image, and He gave you the "knowing" inside you to create an alarm within your spirit to know that something is going on....it may be just an infection or virus....but if you aren't getting the answers you need and still have that feeling that something is going on, go ahead and face the "looks" of the doctors (I even confronted a doctor when he rolled his eyes at me last year), and don't stop until you feel comfortable that your body is feeling in balance and whole, especially if you are still having symptoms that are making you have pain or feel ill.  

By the way, I have been told that I my diagnosis was anxiety, post infection syndrome, depression, fibromyalgia, postherpetic neuralgia, familial tremor, anorexia due to stress, chronic fatigue syndrome, central pain syndrome, and everything from allergies to a virus that is lingering....

I would love to hear from you with your personal stories of past medical histories, your symptoms, how and if you were diagnosed, treatments you have tried, and tests/diagnostics done.  We need to stick together, and this seems like a good group of support.  

I pray all of you will be well and healthy in the near future...

Momonamission

.
A related discussion, swollen lymph nodes etc was started.
i have had lymph nodes on the right side of my neck for about 3 months now. During those 3 months i have gotta 2 needle biopsy done and 1 ultrasound. The 1st biopsy results were not cancerous but ultrasound showed that i have several lymph nodes.  Just yesterday i had my 2nd biopsy done and I am still waiting for the results to see if it's anything major.  My specialist said that after this biopsy , if it is still not enough information he will need to do a open biopsy on me. That means having to make a small cut on my neck to take one of the lymph nodes out and examine it for clearer results.  I am very scared of surgeries. My specialist told me that i will be awake so he will numb the area while have surgery. I totally freaked out. I am just wondering if anyone has had an open biopsy done on their neck and can someone please tell me what happens during the surgery? will I feel pain during the surgery? will they give me pills to take? because I don't know how to swollow pills and i freak out about that too. Please inform me about the whole procedure and also about the sewing up on the skin.

From: Yikes.
Hi everyone!  I am so happy I found this site.  For the past year and a half or so I had been seeing a hemotologist/oncologist that hasn't been able to help at all.  It all started with going to a general doctor for concern in one small swollen lymph node in my neck, fatigue, and muscle cramps.  She took a blood test and found that my hemoglobin was at a level 6.  She called me right away and had me get a blood transfusion.  Since the blood transfusion I've been on iron pills and the hemoglobin has been stable; however, my iron count has not.  Also, my ferritan levels are down as well (it was at 0 when I got the blood transfusion!).  I got a colonoscopy, everything was fine.  I then got a iron IV because I wasn't responding well to the iron pills and by the end of the IV we found I had a bad allergic reaction - I was in the hospital for the remainder of the day.  Since my first doctor visit I've been more aware have found more swollen nodes in my neck that, according to my doc, aren't a concern because they "aren't big" - but they are easy for me to find.

I haven't seen the doctor since the iron IV because I felt like I was getting nowhere with her.  She was convinced it was my menstrual cycle so I went on the pill, but that didn't help with my iron levels either.  Since seeing her last I've noticed changes.  No weight loss, however, I throw-up burp a lot, sometimes have trouble swallowing, my heart beat feels "off" sometimes, I'll get very sharp pains in my lower left side of the abdomen randomly (though not often), I get easily dizzy/lightheaded/fatigued, and one huge change I've noticed is that although my hands and feet are cold (and sometimes tingling), my body gets very hot.  I get hot flashes throughout the day and am experiencing night sweats, although the night sweats aren't nightly.  I am supposed to see a new doc in February (I want to request a stomach scope) but don't know if I'm overreacting or if there is really something going on.  Any suggestions to what I should request from my new doctor?  Thanks
I have a swollen lymph node for over 2 years now. I've been ignoring it for so long since it doesn't bother me anyway. It is rubbery and movable about 2cm and elongated. I don't feel any of the lymphoma symptoms. I just found out that it's one of the symptoms of cancer and this scared me. My question is, if this was supposed to be cancerous I should be feeling ill or at least some symptoms that are persistent for the past 2 years I am having this? Or lymphoma symptoms doesn't show up immediately? I hope I can find some answers. Thanks!
Where is your node located?  Has it grown over the past 2 years?  I had a friend with a node in his neck that he waited on.  When he finally got it checked out, they drained it and found it to be an infection.  However, this was an indicator something more serious was going on.  When they did a full body scan it turned out he had swollen nodes all over.  They found his kidneys were only working at 20%.  He has renal failure, has been going to dialysis ever since, and needs a kidney transplant.  I'm not saying this is the case for you, but if it is an infection, it may be a sign something else is wrong.  I think you should go to a doctor and get a professional opinion.
My node is at the right side of my neck, between the earlobe and base of neck. Looks like it's growing very gradually. It's less than 2cm in diameter and movable. I'm going to see a doctor this weekend. It will be a routine Physical checkup by a doc who specialize on Family Medicine, would that be fine? I hope they don't find anything serious and this is just the type of nodes that doesn't shrink even after an infection is healed.

Thank you
I am not a doctor so I can't give professional advice, only advice from what I've experienced. A general doc is a good start. Do you have any other symptoms? I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with me, I've seen 3 docs now. No one has given me a diagnosis. Just keep on trucking if this one can't explain whats going on
i have had so many medical problems and now my neck is so swollen I can't move my head.  My lymphnodes are so big I feel that they are about to burst.  I have a CT tomorrow and I am so concerned.  I have had the worst migraine with this too.  Just staring at the computer screen hurts.  I have read alot of the posts on this site and felt the same frustration I feel on my own.  
I go to doctor after doctor and nothing.  THey can't figure out squat.  They are worthless.  I was thinking it was just me but after these readings I know that doctors everywhere are clueless.
I went to see the doctor and what he did is:
Looked at my lymph node
Asked questions like how long it's been there, Do my family have history of cancer.
Checked every part of my body if there are any other swollen nodes.
Urine test, which saw borderline to urinary track infection and issued prescription

I still have to submit for blood test (CBC) tomorrow.

He said some lymph nodes swell and don't seem to shrink back to it's normal size. He told me if there is any growth in the node over time then I should see him again.

I am thinking of having this biopsied. I don't know, but looks like I am not satisfied on the exam that he did but I am less worried now.

how did your appointment go?  I'm curious...
Did they find any other nodes?  If it has grown over the past 2 years as you've said it has I'm suprised they didn't want to biopsy it... from what I've heard if it's about 2cm and growing that's cause for concern and they look into it further.  But if you don't have any other symptoms of lymphoma I think you should be OK, it may just be an infection.  I think your CBC will expose any issues if you have any, which will be good.
I have read about all these people with a lot of the same symptoms that I have.  I am a 30 year old female.  For the last couple of years I rarely feel good!  I am extremely tired all the time with no energy.  This last year I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (diagnosis was in June)  Then in July I noticed that I had swollen glands in my thrat.  They put in on antibiotic and on I went.  In September I went back and they sent me to an ENT doctor who told me that the swollen gland was actually a blocked saliva gland.  So he told me how to treat it so on I went.  Then in the end of October I had my gallbladder removed.  After all this and my glands were still swollen.  I had an appt last week with my ENT doctor who ordered a CT with contrast on my glands (in my neck).  Today the results came in and he told me that I have swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck.  He didn't give me sizes but, did tell me that the one on the left side of my neck is laying on my caratoid artery.  I told him I am concerned becasue I know that they are swollen under my arm pits and in the groin area as well.  He told me most likey from a virus.  I am sick at least every three weeks.  I never have fevers, but do have itchy legs.  I am more concerned with it being a gland problem rather than cancer.  But, any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Heather
They didn't find any enlarged lymph nodes in my body, he was just using his hands though to look for bumps and not the CT scans. I'm still waiting for the call about my blood test result and hope there is nothing serious. I don't have any other lymphoma symptoms aside from occasional headaches that don't stay for long, no night sweats, no weight and apetite loss. I still have the cravings for food. Although lately I had this pain on my lower abdomen which the doctor caught for a potential UTI and i'm treating it with antibiotics.
late at night but im going through the same thing and yes i have had a severe dental i fection that started as a failed root canal and a dentist screwed up when he pulled it and it spread and i have had a neck infection for 7 nmonths and problems in my spine from a block. Heres my website. R_rachelle4***@****
i have had swollen lymph through my body for 3 years now. i had one removed to check it about 1 1/2 yrs ago and they said it was reactive but not cancer. i have had weight loss  over the 3 years i went from 125 to 110-113, i have night sweats bad but not quite every night, sometimes nausea and in the last  month i have noticed lots of hair loss. i have been tested for hiv and hep. my white cell count is elevated but they dont feel its enough to give antibiotics... and ideas?

Blood test came and everything is normal including kidney. I'm happy to know but still want answers lymph node never shrinked back. I'm planning to have it looked by an ENT doc, I may insist biopsy this time and have it removed the best way.

Hi I'm 29 year old female. Ive been experiencing a lot of similar symptoms. They include:

Extreme Fatigue
Dizziness/Vertigo
Nausea
Back Pain
Gastrointestinal problems.
Spontaneous vomiting/sudden nausea.
Ive had 2 small enlarged movable lymph nodes on the left side of my neck for about three years. Sometimes they got a little bigger but shrunk back (but still litlle enlarged). About 3 month ago i found 2 enlarged movable lymph nodes on the side of my body next to my right brest. I had an US done and they said there was nothing to worry about. But i'm scared. My whole right side of my body hurts. Pte pain goes to my right shoulder and arm, also my upper and right side of the back (feels like a pinched nerve there). My ribbs are tender to touch and my chest and abdomen hurts.
My questions are: does it make any difference when theyre movable asnd smooth? Woe accurate is US? I dont want to panic and have them removed, but the pain is bothering me and my mom has a brest cancer so im worried i could have it too. Also the nodes are not going away (but not growing either). Is that possible that perfectly fine nodes would never shrink back? Im really worried. Any reply would be appreciated.
Ch.

I don't mean to scare you but I think yours needs to be looked at thoroughly given the pains you are having on some areas of your body and your family history of cancer. Whatever it is let's just hope it's not as serious as cancer. My doctor said some nodes don't shrink back after it swells but that theory doesn't make me feel better. I will see another doctor who will do a thorough laboratory check and not just by feeling my nodes with a hand. I've read CT scans will reveal other nodes that have swelled that are not visible from the outside. Also biopsies on the nodes are almost very certain ways to figure out if the nodes are malignant or not. These tests are very costly though if your insurance doesn't cover it but it's a pretty sure way to answer your questions. To worry more or no more, depends on the outcome of the tests but these awareness are the first steps to survival if indeed it is worse.
Like you, it is somewhat a relief to hear from a doctor that there is nothing to worry about but pains and lumps suggest that there is something wrong elsewhere. I suggest you go for a second opinion like what I am planning. I know you're also worried but keeping a positive outlook over these things would help take away your stress and a bit of worries. Good luck

I hope this helps
Okay i have 1 swollen lymph node of back of my neck ... i went to the dermotlogist and she check it out and she said it appears to be alittle swollen so yeah ... anyway she said does it hurt ? and i said no and she was like okay then  i'd just leave it alone ... anyway what could this be ? its been swollen for like 1 month it doesnt even hurt but i crack my neck alot and stuff like tht could it be because of tht ? do i have cancer ? HIV or something like tht ... its just kind of weird ... oh yeah and like i have bad acne well had bad acne and im on antibiotics and Vitiamn C could like the antibiotics like cause the lypmh node to like inflame or whatever it doesnt even hurt when i touch it ... WHAT is this ? plz and she just said leave it alone oh and also like acouple months ago i had like a really bad head injurie could this be from tht ?
Hello, everyone. It started in 2003 where I kept feeling like I had some lumps under my chin.  I could not actually feel them with my hands, but kind of felt like there were some lumps there like when I would turn my head sometimes, or lift my head up.  I didn't really know if maybe it was my imagination.  I went to my Primary care physician, and told him my concern.  He felt my neck and referred me to get checked, mainly to ease my concern about it as he said he could barely feel them himself.  In December of 2003, I ended up having a CAT scan done of my lymph nodes in my neck and under my chin.  I was told that one of them was just over 1 cm, and that was a need for concern, so the radiologist had recommended I get a needle biopsy done of the largest lymph node.  

However, a few weeks later, when I went to the surgeon for the biopsy, the surgeon would not do the biopsy after looking at my CAT scan x-rays.  He said that I had several enlarged lymph nodes and he would not know which one to biopsy.  Being that several were larger than normal, he suspected that I could be one of those people that just happen to have larger lymph nodes.  He wanted me to wait 6 months and get another CAT scan, and then compare the two to see if there was any changes.  Well, because I am so nervous about all the radiation from a doing a CAT scan again, and the fact that my nodes were not bothering me, I never followed through.  Now, here it is 6 years later.  I really do not have any of the symptoms for lymphoma or cancer, but I know there sometimes is no symptoms.  I mean, I have woken up a few times with being very sweaty, but I think it was just because the air conditioner was off and the room became warm. My back might have been wet, but my whole body wasn't drenched.  I definately do not have a weight loss problem or loss of appetite.  And really none of the other symptoms.  I do have an itchy back that really itches sometimes, but it is not like chronic all day long type itching.

Over the 6 years, every year I went to my Gynecologist and primary care doctor for regular check-ups, blood tests, urine tests and no mention when they felt my neck that something was wrong.  Anyway, today I went to the Gynecologist, and I was talking about the lymph nodes from years ago, and when she felt my neck, she said that she felt an enlarged lymph node on my neck, just under my chin area.  She thinks it is reason for concern and now I have an appt. to see my primary doctor to check it, and possibly refer me to a surgeon to look at it or for another CAT scan to be done.  I personally feel that if it was lymphoma or another type of cancer causing the lymph nodes to be enlarged in 2003, that over 6 years time I would have some symptoms, the cancer would have spread, lymph nodes would have become larger, or something.  However, my gynecologist disagreed and said I don't know for sure until I have it checked out.  I guess it could be possible for it to be a very slow progressing cancer, where I would still have no symptoms, but I am wondering how common that is?  Wouldn't the cancer or lymphoma be much worse after 6 years?  Does anyone know about this?  Do you think I have reason to be worried about having lymphoma?    

I am 38 yrs old maile.In routine CBC(Dec2009) found that my platelet count is 66000 rest all within normal range. I had Ultrasound of neck lymph nodes. It say as follows.
"Two prominent lymph node are seen in  upper Right Anterior measuring 1.2X0.6 cms, 1.4X0.9 cms.Two prominent lymph node are seen in  upper Left Anterior measuring 1.3X0.6 cms, 0.8 X0.5 cms.
Three nodes are seen at the angle of mandible measuring  0.5 X0.3 cms,  0.5 X0.7 cms 1.0 X0.5 cms. Larger nodes have lost their normal central hilar echoes and follow up is indicated.
Is this(Echo pattern) is one of the gold standered for differentiating malignant from benign one, When discovered on Ultra Sound.

Appreciate your response
with Many Thanks and Regards
I think you need to have that interpreted by a doctor or pathologist. Also only through biopsy that you'll know if it is malignant or not and not by ultrasound.
thanks supercross

I have an appointment with hematologist/oncologist next week. I will ask him. i hope looking at the ultrasound results he might suggest lymph node biopsy?
I asked my family doctor she said it can be malignant and can be infection that you don't know. and said we will check .
Due you think its just a shotty node, it feels like it appear out of nowhere. I had low platelet count 66, she didn't even check for lymph nodes if its swollen or not , i asked her to check she said its enlarged but its OK, i insist her for ultrasound and in ultrasound i got above results . i don't even know how long nodes been enlarged. soe thimes feel like it was like that only but don't really know.    
i had abdomin (abdomen) ultrasound  done and chest x ray also its normal
They say sometimes lymph nodes grow big due to infections and never go back to normal undetectable size even after an infection is cured. If this is your case then it is good news for you and you don't have to worry as long as the lump doesn't bother you. As I've pointed out and quoting from what I've read, it is only through biopsy that you'll figure out if it is malignant or not. They can do it through incision or fine needle aspiration. Incision is more precise since they'll take out the whole node and examine it, in a fine needle biopsy only a part of the mass/fluid is sucked through a fine needle and examined.

My Daughter is 12 years old and when she was 2 years old she had some swollen lymph nodes that at the time her pediatrician said appeared to be completely normal other than swollen.  In 2007 once again she had swollen lymph nodes this time much larger and in her grion area.  We did some blood test and a ct scan and they couldn't find any cause for the swelling of the lymph nodes. It took approxitmetly a year before those nodes would return to normal size but because we lost medical insurance were unable to further any treatment.  Three years later the swollen lymph nodes are back again this time in the back of her head , so I took her to a Dr.. After a full physical and lots of questions the Dr. found 3 more swollen nodes , my daughter is complaining of being tired all the time , restless at night and having night sweats.  The Dr. ordered lots of bloodwoork . I am trying not to over analyze anything. But I don't want to overlook anything either. My baby has the poor misfortune of having a family history of autoimmune diseases (lupus,sjogrens disease) from my mother and I. The Dr. I beleive is covering everything she can .I pray eveything is NORMAL....
Ok here is what I am going through and need some advice.  I have recently moved which in turn I had to find a new doctor.  For a few years now I have had swollen lymph nodes sometimes they bother my breathing and it will cause me to choke when taking medications or eating.  I had asked my prior doctor about them several times she blew me off.  So far I have been diagnosed with MS, Crohns Disease, Optic Nerve Athrophy ( i am now legally blind) Rheumatiod arthritis, panic disorder, regional complex pain syndrome and PTSD. When I went to this new doctor I asked for a Mammo because I had found a lump and my mother is a breast cancer survivor.  The mammo was ordered and it has come back as suspicious.  They are doing another one in two weeks.  On my return visit she was training a new nurse practicioner who checked my neck and noticed the swollen lymph nodes.  I had all but written them off because my old doctor told me not to worry about them, though she never did any tests to check on them.  This new doctor ordered a cat scan without dye because i am allergic to the dye.  I got the results yesterday she said that I have several(to many to count) lymph nodes swollen from my head to my chest.  Most of them are larger than 1 cm most of them are actually close to 2 cm.  She wants to order a pet scan as soon as the mammo is complete also she wants to send me to a surgeon once the tests are completed and she also wants to send me to a hematolgy/oncology guy.  She said at this point she does not know what it is so at least she is being honest.  I will list my symptoms below if anyone can give me any insight as to where to search on this I would appreciate it.

symptoms
legally blind
painful joints
headaches (severe)
ringing in ears
cold all the time
tired constantly
confusion sometimes think this is headache related
swollen joints
unexplained lumps and rashes
swollen lymph nodes  (they are not painful)
loose the use of my hands frequently
unable to speak in a normal fashion (sometimes its like i cant get the words out, they are there but don't come out)
dizziness
vomiting
abdominal pain
diarrhea
chest pain
burning throughout my body
trouble sleeping
swollen face
dislocating joints

I think I hit all the symptoms but not sure, there are so many I never can hit them all.  
Long Story But Make It Short As Possible...

I had actually been dealing with swollen lymph nodes since around January 2009. There was one at the back left of my neck which would get to the size of a large grape or bigger. However, after several/repeated visits to my PCM and getting sent home with a sinus infection diagnosis or a 'you have some sort of an infection' diagnosis  and here are some antibiotics -- needless to say, eventually I gave up.

Around Thanksgiving/Christmas 2009 I began experiencing drenching night sweats. They were so bad I had to change my clothing and sheets religiously. My skin was horrid itchy. Sometimes it itched so bad I scratched myself until I bled. Honestly, I didn't think anything of it. I figured A. I was crazy or B. my PCM would give me some random diagnosis, so I didn't bother, plus it was the Holidays, and I wanted to focus on my children/family, rather than myself.

Well, just after this new year (2010) I started running fevers regularly. They were NEVER lower than 100.3. My concerns really started to set in at this point, however, I did nothing about it until February 13, 2010, just a matter of days ago. On January 24, 2010 I developed a cough and not only did it not go away, but it got worse, my throat started hurting, I had energy to do very little and on February 13th I noticed not only had the node on the back left of my neck grown to about the size of a golf ball, but I also had a nice lump under my chin and a sizable one in my collar bone area. These along with all my other what I called 'crazy person' symptoms. I didn't bother making an appointment, instead, I went straight to the ER as my temperature was over 103. Later on I would find out my weight loss was a symptom, even though I had thought is was due to my being been busy with work, eating/exercising better and busy in general.

The doctor at the ER was immediately concerned and ordered a chest x-ray. He came back and said he suspected either TB, pneumonia or lymphoma...

The next few days proved to be some of the most eye opening days of my life...

After Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, Bone Marrow Tests, Echo Cardiogram, Cat Scans, a Pet Scan...my final diagnosis is Stage 4-B Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had a PICC line placed and began an ABVD chemo cycle (which I started on February 17th). They discovered the lymphoma in my mediastinum, lungs, pancreas, stomach, liver and neck. The largest were 11.4 cm, 9.8 cm and 6.9 cm. They said they hope only two cycles will be enough and if it is gone they will do two more just to be sure, so 4 months (worst case scenario 6) in all and radiation in about 6 to 8 months.. I've been informed that lymphoma has a very high cure rate. It is better if it is discovered at Stage 1 or 2, but Stage 3 and 4 have good survival rates too depending on your age and overall health.

I was discharged on February 19th. My throat is sore. I have to give myself injections in my stomach to help my white blood cells stay high and reproduce while going through chemo. I receive another treatment in about 2 weeks.

All I can say is to be proactive with your health and be stern with the doctors. If I wouldn't have be so 'agreeable' back when I noticed that first enlarged node and then so eager to give up after frustration from my doctors, I could have caught this a lot earlier. Even though it is an aggressive/bulky lymphoma and I have all the B-symptoms, initially it probably was so wide spread.

I just wanted to share my story.

I had my appointmnet with hematologist/oncologist last week. I showed him my US results for cervical lymph nodes he said it didn't look /feel swollen to him . i asked then why did US  result said like that . he said it aslo depends upon radiologist. But he said it did feel/looks swoolen to him. to make sure he did ordered CT sacn
Greetings-

I have had a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck, adjacent to the spine for about 3 years now.  I had no other symptoms.  When I went to the doctor to have it checked they did an ultrasound and found it to be 12mm.  A little large.  The doctor said to keep an eye on it.  The next year I went back for a check up and the doctor did some palpitations and said he wasn't concerned.  Over the past four to six months I have noticed some swelling on the right side of my neck.  When looking straight at me it is hard to see but if I crane my neck upward the swelling becomes obvious.  I also began having more regular night sweats.  I have a generalized anxiety disorder of which night sweats are a symptom and I also take Paroxetine which occasionally has night sweats as a side effect.  Better to be safe than sorry though.  I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and said all was normal.  That made me skeptical.  If everything was normal then why was my neck sticking out? I cannot feel the nodes individually only a general swelling in their location and they are not painful at all.
I went to another doctor who decided to do a CT scan with contrast of the neck.  Two radiologists looked at the findings and said everything was normal.  There were no apparent masses and that all the nodes were smaller than 8 mm.  After consulting with the doctor we have decided to do a biopsy.  We are looking to do an open biopsy since there is the risk with Fine Needle Aspiration of missing the mark.  I am praying that the biopsy and hematologists report come back negative.  I have a three month old son that needs his father.
That being said, for those of you out there who are worried, go and get it checked out!  Don't let your doctor railroad you into not checking things thoroughly.  You have to live with the consequences, he or she doesn't.  We are responsible for taking care of ourselves and watching out for our health.  Inaction because of fear will lead you to the worst outcomes.  Let your fear push you to find the answers.  That is what it is there for.  This is the year 2010.  It isn't 1970.  If you do have cancer, it doesn't have to be a death sentence.  Things may get unpleasant, painful, and ugly but your life is a battle worth fighting.
Remember too that God does work miracles.  My mother has had lupus for almost 20 years and every time she goes to see a new doctor or gets blood work done by a new tech, they panic and tell her she isn't supposed to be alive.  My grandfather worked in Bethlehem Steel for 30 years and has asbestosis.   He lives on about 1/3 of a lung, and has done so for almost seven years.  The doctor's told him he would be dead in two.  My co-worker had stomach cancer which metastasized in 1990.  Her prognosis was that she was unlikely to survive. She is still here, is a VP of a multi-billion dollar corporation, has lived to see her son grow up and go to college.  She has been cancer free since 1991 and you wouldn't know she had ever been sick.  My wife went into pre-term labor in her 24th week of pregnancy.  The doctor's gave her steroids with the goal to get her to the 28th week.  She carried my son the full forty and the doctors were stunned.
Miracles happen everyday.
For those without access to health care, I am so sorry for the predicament that you find yourself in.  There is no justice for it and hopefully very soon, our government and people will find a way through the politics to make sure that people like you are not left behind.  We all have the right to a long and happy life, sharing ourselves with those we love.  I wish you all the best.
Good points!

Hope your biopsy result will show up normal. Please let us know whatever the result is. Thanks
In the past week I have been suffering from tingling and burning in the hands, legs and feet and yesterday my neck started to ache and I appear to have swollen cervical lymph nodes on the right side of my neck, as well I have suffered from ringing in the ears for about a month.
Can anyone advise what may be causing this?

John
I have a swollen lymph node right by (or on) the right salivary glad. It's about 2 cm. I don't have any of the symptoms mentioned in this discussion (like the night sweats, any pain, weight loss, etc.). I do have bad seasonal allergy symptoms, particularly around the throat (sore throat, throat scratchy, and swollen right tonsil), but I also have stuffy nose (especially the right nostril).
(My allergies are bad and have been taking shots for this for about 5 years).
Should I be concerned? Thanks for any suggestions.
Hey everyone, i have had this swollen lymph node in front of my ear for almost 1 month now and it will not go down. Sometimes when i get a sinus infection in flairs up more often when i was young and i always took the same antibiotic and it would go down in a few days this time the antibiotic did no work it took away the infection pain but when i got off the antibiotic it came back alot worse. so i went back to the doctors got blood work done and they out me on a zpack which worked very well the infection has been gone for 2 weeks now and i feel completely healthy but the lymph node swelled back up. the blood work came back normal all except my white blood cell count was slightly above normal and the mono test was negative. today i got another set of blood work done a cbc again and my billirobin for some reason idk haha. but does anyone have any thoughts on why the lympn node swelling will not go down this time?
Hi everyone,

So 1 year ago i noticed little lymph nodes in my groin i have about 8 nodes most are very small and others around 1.5cm. I went to the doctors about this in the uk who didnt seem concerend at al but too kepp any eye on them. Since then i have moved to spain were i followed this up after they were still there 6 months later. The doctor examined me and felt another in my neck and reffered me to a specialist. The specialist confirmed 2 in my neck both abut 2cm one either side. I had a biospy in november which came back as a normal salivar gland?Since then the node in the right neck has gotten bigger but the groin ones have stayed the same, i noticed another 2 in my right armpit and again was reffered to the hospital specialist. The specialist said the biopsy could have been incorrect and the surgeon may have biopsied a salivar gland, this is why the results came back as that.
She ordered me for a CT scan with contrast, whihc revelaled a multinodualt goitre but no concern for the nodes,she said sometimes they do not go back to there normal size after infection, but i ahve had no infection and feel fine.
I now have another node in my left armpit about 1.5cmand again no infection and feel fine, my blood testare all ok.
I have now been reffered to s thryoid specvialsit to ahve one of the nodules on my thryoid biopsied, bhut she said this has nothing to do with the other lymph nodes in my body. I now have 15 swollen nodes my groin, armpit and neck but feel great.
Any ideas what is going on?
Have many health problems, bronchial asthma, reflux esophagitis, back problems (3 surgeries, one major cervical - spondylosis); recent problems, hospitalized within the last year with acute bronchial asthma attack.  Following this, I had swollen glands in the back of my head (lymph nodes?) just above the neck, pain, but after all the prednesone and antibiotics, got better.  However, the dizziness, which I've assumed is an inner ear infection has gotten worse; recently, within the last two weeks, I have had a bad cold, cough, etc. with continuing dizziness, swollen glands (again), lots of pain.  In the meantime, I have had pain resembling upper back pain, like something out of place, just above my bra strap.  I don't know if any or all of these things are connected, but the pain in my neck is the worst, and of course, the dizziness.  I almost fall down, especially when first getting out of bed in the morning, is when it's worse.  I, too, am having "read" anxiety; there's so much one can have, and I try not to have everything I read.  Any doctors on board?  I don't trust the doctors all that much around where I live now -- I used to live in Michigan and had excellent health care.  Any ideas, or similarities, and what did you do for it?
I came online looking for information about a swollen lymph node in my neck. I just have 1 on the right side of my neck right around where you would check for a pulse. I've had tis there for about 6 months now. I've gone to the doctor  and they just give me antibiotics. Well Ive done antibiotics twice now and its still swollen. IT feels like a rubber ball and its sore when I touch it. I'm a 28 year old female and have always been healthy. Never been on meds for anything. I'm so worried about this. Now I dont have medical insurance and just dont know what to do. I dont really have any other symptoms other than I do get night sweats from time to time...but I thought it was just from to many blankets. Any ideas what might be doing this?
last year june i scored a infected throat. Think it was strep, it went away and came back in nov 09. then went away again through antibiotics. Since then i hav had 2 or 3 additional tonsils with white patches, but now its all gone, however my tonsils are still swollen. I also have enlarged lymph nodes under my chin. The left side is bigger then the right but not noticeable the right side has one additional swollen lymph which is the size of a peanut. it is firm and dosen't move. I hav had blood test and my CBC came out all fine. However, they said i had a litle higher infection. Its weird because i feel completely fine. They also said if it was lymphoma it would show some abnormality in my blood test but i have had none. A swab test was also done which indicated everything was fine. Since the major swelling my lymph has gone down a bit, but i wish it was completely gone. My tonsils are still red and swollen though on both sides with no pain what so ever. I discovered i was allergic to amoxillin, so now i am on some antibiotic called "ERA". The antibiotics don't seem to work. I have no night sweats no fatigue, no weight loss, i am perfectly normal. Just my tonsils are of a worry to me. any help would be appreciated.    
CURE FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE!

I have had a swollen lymph node since last year June. After finishing 4 or 5 course of antibiotic da swelling neva went. 1st i realized that i am allergic to amoxillin, switched to EAR antibiotic....worked great. 2nd EXERCISE. Even after i finish the whole course my swelling was still there. I now take regular vitamin C tablets. 30mins a day exercise, where you sweat hard out....mostly cardio. Also eat more vegetables LESS takeaway, The food that worked best for me was vege soup which was spicy and it had ginger, garlic and chillie with lots of vegge. Trust me you will notice the swelling decrease n continue to decrease in a week or too. This is only for infection related swelling, or unknown swelling, not lymphoma! Major cause of all this illness is processed food! try to avoid them and make your own. Tomatoes is a must in your diet.    

Hope this helps someone, somewhere, i jst wanted to share.
hi
i m totally freaking out, i m so scared, i cant stop think about it,cry all the time.
well.. i got a swollen gland in my neck, just in top of collar bone, it not hard, it move free, it not painful, but shoulder and neck feel uncomfortable, that how i find it... i lost my husband 16 month ago, to cancer, so now i m so concert and scared of anythink, i m only 29 and have a little 2 year old boy...
went to doc 2 days ago, she sad, leave it for about 3-4 weeks, o not touch,as that way i would just disturb it....and then come back, if it still there,m they will have to cut it out....got...i m so  scaird,please, any body tell me....its not cancer...
thank you and god bless
It is not Cancer! i had the swollen lymph node as well and that was what crossed my mind. I had been depressed for like nearly a year. but yeah, quite rare it is cancer. I suggest don't take the lymph node out. They are the 1st defense against bacterial infections. Most of the case it is bacterial infections that's why they swell up. It is believed growing lymph are of concern give it a week and see if it is growing or the same size. if its not growing and rubbery don't worry about it. In time they reduce to normal size. Mine took nearly a year to go back to normal size, they are still very slightly swollen but much better. Do regular exercise and don't push or poke the node. All the best.    
hello Reg
thank you VERY much for your reply, it make me feel better, i really working  my self up, my little boy suffers from it to, as i all the time upset and can't concentrate on him, which is crazy. i will do as you sad, just give  it a time and see how it go, will keep you informed.
thank you
god bless

Zulka, I've got mine swollen for 3 years now! I've been to two doctors since and all the tests came in just fine and not concerning. And my doctors didn't push on having it taken out, it's my option though. I am perfectly normal and no other cancer-like symptoms. Like what the others said, that is unlikely to be cancer. If your family doesn't have any history of cancer then probably it's not. Monitor it however.

Best
hi spercross
thank you for your reply. no my family health is good, but it frightening,as i lost my husband to cancer, he was only 41 , its so scary. i dont have any symptoms like sweating or losing wait, eating good to, only one think i had dizzy head on and of for about 3 month, and doc dont know why....so i dont know what to think, i just have to wait. thank you it is nice to hear your opinion, feel a bit better.keep in touch
major flushing but no fever
cold feet
neck pain when i stand up but not when i lay down
tired

any ideas?
also no appetite
and random nausea when standing for to long

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a few years.  I've had them ever since I had mononucleosis.  Since then the swelling has gone down a bit but not fully, and I am tired all the time.  A was very worried about this and had a few diffrent doctor visits regarding this matter.

The doctors tested me for mononucleosis and said I still have it and it never really leaves your body.  They explained that this is why I have chronic fatigue.  They also explained that lymph nodes can scar after a bad infection and never go back to their normal size.

-Angela
I have an extremely swollen lymph node in the front left side of might next a little below my jaw. I went to a couple of doctors who "diagnosed" me with Cat Scratch. I was given antibiotics but finished those a little over 2 weeks ago. The node went down slightly but not much change. Through the past 3 weeks I havent had many symptoms but I was extremely fatigued with bad headaches with occasional dizziness or lightheaded. I woke up this morning with an almost numbness feeling but more of a pins and needles that started in my head/scalp and neck and then I could feel it all over my body. Is this something to be more concerned about?  
I HAD A KNOT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK I WENT TO MY DOCTOR SHE TOLD ME IT WILL GO AWAY AFTER 6 MONTH BUT THE KNOT WAS STILL THERE IN THE SAME PLACE SO I ASKED MY DOCTOR WHAT TO DO SHE TOLD ME THAT A SPECIALIST  WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT IT. AFTER VISITNG THE SPECIALIST HE TOLD ME IT NEEDED TO BE REMOVED   IT FELT LIKE THE SIZE OF A PEA DOING THE WEEK I WENT TO SUGERY AND GOT IT REMOVED  I WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT LOOK LIKE THERE WERE TWO.THE ONE ON THE BOTTOM WAS THE SIZE OF A PEA THE OTHER WAS THE SIZE OF OF A DOT  ARTER SURGERY  MY NECK FELT STIFF. I WAS PLACE ON MEDECTION FOR PAIN. THE SCAR ON MY NECK LOOKED LIKE A CAT HAD SCRATCHED ME AFTER LOOKIN ON THE INTERNET ABOUT LYMPH NODES I FOUND OUT THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOCTOR TO TEST YOU FIRST. ASK THE DOCTOR IS IT CANCER  SHOULD IT BE REMOVE  YOU SEE IN MY COMMENT I DIDN'T TELL YOU I WAS TESTED IT  WAS JUST REMOVE NOW I'M WAITING FOR THEE RESULT  I BELEAVE IT WAS NONTHING  TO YOU IF IT NEED TO BE REMOVE DO SO IF NOT IT MIGHT GO AWAY 6 MONTHS OR MORE AND IF IT DON'T GO AWAY  HAVE IT REMOVE YOU HAVE SO MENY GLANDS AND LYMPH NODES IN YOUR BODY FIGHTING OF AND INFECTIONS 1 WILL NOT BE MISSED  HAIR PURM HAIR COLOR AND SORE IN YOUR HEAD  CAUSERS LYMPH NODS GOOD LUCK             GLORIA
hey guyz, i have a pea size lymph node on the right side of my neck next to the throat and one on the left side a bit bigger. I've had them for nearly 2 years now. I also have enlarged tonsils which were infected sometime last year, since then they have never gone down. As for the nodes they have gone down slightly. My best suggestion is DO NOT get it removed, as they don't do any harm. Also it is not CANCER as many people fear. If you got too much money and enjoy surgery than up-to you, but since i've had them they are reducing in size as time goes by. Just keep fit do exercise and eat vitamin C pills lol. There's nothing else to it.  
This may make you all feel better. In 1989 I started getting enlarge lymph nodes on the back of my neck and skull causing a lot of pain. After many Dr.looking at me like I was nuts and trying to catch them being swollen was a task in its self. I was told by a ID Dr. that I had chronic fatigue syndrome from having mono. I swore that every time I got upset(crying) that they came up. In 2002 a ENT decided to remove the largest node on the back of my neck. The conclusion was not cancerous but agitated. Since the I have never had it happen again which is a mystery too. For those of you that have this insist on one being removed and tested. Now I have lymph nodes on my hip swollen and painful. I am waiting to see if they go down and come back up to see my Dr. I would be running there if we had ins. but we don't so hopefully they will reside and for the record I have had mono 3x and I am 48. So if you have had mono it does stay with you and they can do a titer epstein barr to see how high your levels are.
I hope this clears up some of your fear but please go see a Dr.btw the node being removed was painless afterward with a litle scar!
Viewing 1-200 comments: