Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Swollen Lymph nodes in neck...LOW white blood count for months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had a ultra sound about 1 1/2 ago,at that time they found 5 swollen nodules in both sides of neck,At that time they took a cbc,with low blood count,Told me I had thyroiditis put me on syntroid  meds sent me home.Since that time I have seen my dr at least every other month,(REGULAR FAMILY DR)and told him how I was feeling,tired worn out, my abdomen is always cold and my neck is always inflamed,So they have taken 3 cbc  test over this year and a half and my white blood count is always low,I dont have insurance so I am wondering is there something i am missing,because the thyroid medicine isnt taking away this pain in neck and Now I am starting to have headaches ,vision change,and difficulty breathing,Can someone advise me what kind of dr to talk to,to get there attention my dr isnt very concerned or realizes i dont have insurance and wont order the test I need done,My Stomach stays cold and I stay tired always and my neck flares up at least 1 a month...Oh yeah also I quit taking my throid medicine months ago with his advice and last week they did a thyroid it was NORMAL!!!!ANY Advice PLEASE HELP! What Kind of Dr do I need to see, or any suggestions or certain test that I can ask to have ran on me Thank you soo much...
I would suggest you see a hematologist ASAP.  Since you have no insurance and if medical bills are too expensive generally for your budgey, you might ask ahead of time if they have a payment plan or an application for financial aid.  Also, you may want to ask the hematologist to order the least amount of testing where it does the most good in diagnosing and knowing how to treat your illness.
What about an endocronologist? Maybe they could pinpoint. You can check into this online and see if you feel this would be appropriate.
Oops- sorry about that- I noticed I said budgey- meant to say budget!  :0)
Your low white blood count is why I suggest a hematologist.
Thank YOu for your advice.I also forogot to post That My hair has started falling out,and My teeth are very brittle now,I am age 39 and Always Have had perfect vision No Problems with my teeth either,Now MY vision is going as well.I Just feel sick all the time,also when I went to dr last time I has a 99.5 temp,which I thnk would be higher but i am on pain meds that have tylenol in them so I feel those are keeping alot of the fever supressed.Also I have started to notice very shortness of breath,I know my family is so tired of me repeating my symptoms over to them ,but I am doing it because I am always feeling sick Now and tired....I tell them so that incase I forgot they can remind me so I can tell my dr,lol My memory is getting worse also lolol....I am at a loss they say thyroid is normal so what could these symptoms be with 6 nodules in my neck and everything else going on,Low blood count and ect.I have a follow up on the 8th of this month,Maybe they will take time to hear me out and order test that will give me a diagnoses..Again thank you for the help!
I recommend you type up or write up a list of your symptoms (you might want to print up this thread even) to give to your doctor.  Ask your doctor if a biopsy is in order.  Whatever they can do to get at the root of the problem as quickly as possible.  Don't worry about money- there is usually financial help you can apply for or payment plan they may be willing to work out.  Your life is more important.  I recommend you ask your doctor about a biopsy too, besides a differential white blood count.