Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
TIngling spot on scalp

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

TIngling spot on scalp

For the past few months, ive been getting this tingling spot on my left side of my scalp, its alittle less than a dime size, and I ve had no other symptoms, went to the Dr's and said that its proably due to my anxiety. Had blood work done, all came back normal.The tingling will come and go, it gets worse when i dwell over it and think its some kind of tumor! Has anyone wver had this before, should i be concerned?
I have gotten that sort of thing before, too.  I actually have generalized anxiety disorder, so I tend to dwell on that sort of thing as well.  =)  If all your bloodwork is fine and there's not pain, you probably have nothing to worry about.  If you start getting pain or blurred vision, go back to the doctor.  Hope you feel better!
Thank you, I also have generalized anxiety disorder, but i thought that this wouldnt last so long.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Localized tingling on the scalp can be due to dandruff, eczema, dermatitis, or due to anxiety even. It can also be due to affection of a peripheral nerve due to diabetes or at times no cause is found out. You can consult your PCP for primary examination and then show a dermatologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!