Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tail bone Pain or muscle around tail bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I feel a pain right where my tail bone is. Normally when I push on it with say the stool of my chair or while standing I flex my buttocks.
It feels like a bruised muscle that won't heal. Maybe a pinched muscle around the tail bone.
Perhaps related I had a case of very green fecal matter after many bowel movements over maybe a 2 week period. I did not eat lots green vegies or anything but my neighboring apartments did get bug bombed (maybe I got slightly poisoned).

Anyhow, main concern is this muscle around or near my tailbone. It feels bruised and after around a week and a half it is now starting to feel worse.

Answers sent to my email would be most appreciated. ***@****
Tags: bone, Pain, bowel, stool
I'm a 16yr old male, and I experience the exact same problem. However my tail muscle hurts slightly when I wake up in the morning, and the pain is strong when I do my regular swimming activities. It never seems to heal. Sometimes it hurts all the way to my hips and I can't even bend over or pick something up.
I have the same problem, and have had it for a few weeks.  I see that your post was on Feb 20, 2008.  Do you still have this pain today?  If not then how long did it take before it went away?
I have the same pain (it seem to have something with right heap bone joint, with my case).
This pain also makes me dizzy in my head all the time
(I have sleep-walking sequences, while I walk, due to this pain is triggering them somehow...).
It seem to be worse, when I sit to harder surfaces, eg. wooden chairs,
and simillar, which agreavates the pain, and than pain also spreads up
to the right sternum, and higher - to right ribs, as well...
It's possible it could be coccydynia, you need to look this up, I hope it helps