Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Upper Abdominal Pain and negative tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Upper Abdominal Pain and negative tests

Hello I am a 26 y/o female with right upper quad pain and on again off again nausea. It has been going on since Thanksgiving 2005. I have had every test known to man. Endoscopy showed mild distal eshogatits and I was put on prilosec and zantac which hasnt seemed to have helped. I had a hidascan with cck injection which produced alot of pain and nausea but it was 48% which I am told is normal. I have lost 30lbs. because of pain and or nausea. I have had ultrasounds, catscans, stool samples ect. all comming back as normal. My bowel movements have not changed all with the exception of an occassional yellowish brown stool. They are not hard or liquid just well formed. I lead a relativley stress free life and I practice yoga and meditation. Lately I have been experiecing the pain first thing in the a.m. I do not have gerd or reflux according to the upper g.i. i had done. Also if i might add if i try to lay on my left side at night i feel like i have a small ball or something poking me on my right side where the pain normally is so i have to change positions. Any ideas so far?? My only other complaint is I get cold easy and hands and feet tend to stay cold. I have a on again off again appetite. My symptoms havent changed much since this all started but the knot sensation in my throat has seemed to subside. Please help me.
Have you had your gall bladder checked?  Upper right sided pain, which (in women)can be either in the front, back, or side can be an indication of gall bladder disease. The pain can be like somone is poking a pencil in you or it can be a wide band of sorness across the back or chest on the right side.  The pain becomes more intense as time goes by.  Pain is usually after a high fat meal and can cause pain, indigestion, nausea without vomiting, and yellow stools. Bile, which is stored in the gall bladder gives color to the stool. Yellowish stool can be caused by more-than-needed bile, or from foods that you have eaten.  An ultrasound of the gall bladder will give you a diagnoses and isn't painful to have done.  Good luck.
Thanks for your comment but yes I have had my gallbladder checked that was the direction the gastro doctor was heading into and even with the pain I am having and the pain the hidascan produced my gallbladder was functioning at 48% which they say is normal. I am not sure which direction to go now and I am sure my doctor doesnt either. If you can think of any thing else it would be apprecitated. I have been all over the internet trying to find anything about what has been going on with me but it all seems to contradictory.
Hello well I just had a catscan of abdomin (abdomen) and pelvis today with contrast so I guess I will have to wait on the results I will let you know if anything comes of the test. One question that has me questioning the doctors is I had the barium swallow to check for Gerd the test came back negative but he still put me on prilosec and zantac for the mild distal esphogaitis that he found from the endoscopy which is caused by the gerd that i dont have? How Why?????????? Thanks to all that is currently trying to help and I hope you can find the help you need also.
Since there is some problem in the esophagus, he doesn't want it to get worse and gave you meds to help it heal; or at least not get worse. GERD is only one reason that gastric acid may go up the esophagus.  Was there evidence of a hernia?
No hernia at least none that I am aware of he didnt say anything like that so I am sure there wasnt one. Shouldnt the meds have started taking some kind of affect by now?? It has lessend the knot sensation in the back of my throat quite a bit but other than that I still have the pains and nausea and loud stomach sounds. Sometimes it sounds like there is an airport or something with all the rumbling and gurgiling!!! Do you know what that knot sensation I get when I lay on my left side could be? It is right where the pain normally is right upper quad behind ribs. Just pokes me to the point that I have to turn over. It is not a visable lump or at least not that I can see.
I heard from the doctors office earlier the catscan results the blood work and chest xray all normal. The urinalysis however had massive amounts of blood in it according to the nurse and the doctor wants to do a ultrasound of my kidneys which is scheduled for Tuesday. They say they know it is not an infection because my blood work was normal no sign of infection. They also dont think it is kidney stones because they say I would be in alot of pain. I am in pain but it is upper right quad and not massive pain just pain sometimes severe sometimes not. So what else may cause this amount of blood in my urine? Could being on your cycle cause alot of blood? The only pain I feel in my back is when my front hurts it most of the time radiates to my back but its in the center of my back right around where your bra strap goes. I am scared.