Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What does it mean when you get sharp pains in your upper body and chest...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

What does it mean when you get sharp pains in your upper body and chest at night time?

Hello, my name is josh - I'm 13 and have very bad pains in my waist, sides of my stomach, middle of my stomach, my heart area (The nerves are in your chest to your heart, so nothing is wrong with my heart, but the pain is in the heart area) and i feel like throwing up, it's always at night time. The pain is more of a quick shooting pain or a squeezing sensation, i was told it was Stress - but i don't think it is. It could be growing pains, but i don't think it would be this bad, and i was told it was gas - but it's never that bad. I'm not really much of an exercising guy, and im a bit too overweight, any suggestions?  
I think you're beginning to experience reflux disease, which is also known as GERD.  There is a community here specifically for GERD.  I was your age when I first began to experience GERD symptoms.  
okay whoever said stress right on could be anxiety that only happens when your body relaxes (is possible i have it) your body tenses too much during the day so when it relaxes it causes pain.... ask dr to see if a mild anxiety pill willl help... also you said you are a lil overweight... no offense intended but i could be your breathing i was really over wieght at 13 and i had that same stuff the anxiety didnt come till later... ask dr for asthmatic test as well.... good luck and hope this helps
It defiantly could be do to stress or heartburn have you tried tums before bed time, or Rolaids if you have tried this and it has not worked it could be acid reflex which you would need medicine from a doctor, my friend has the same problem and it is acid reflex Good Luck I hope you get better
If you use antacids, I would avoid the ones with mint flavorings.  I discovered that mint is actually another irritant for GERD.  My doctor agrees that mint irritates GERD.  I'm not sure why no one says to avoid mint or why antacids are made with mint at all.  It might seem soothing to use mint for a few years, then it hits you later and mint not only obviously irritates but it just becomes entirely unappealing.