What kind of a headache is this ? What can I do to avoid it ?
I got a really bad headache the other day, at first I fought it was a normal one, the pain was minimum, throbbing in the right side of my head, nothing new, I went to sleep as it usually passes by the time I wake up, but this one didn't the pain increased, once I sat up, laying down was out of the question, it made the pain worse than ever, just a small light made my eyes hurt, and the television set extremely low was so loud I thought it was a meter away from me. The pain made me nauseous, and I ended up vomiting. The headache passed after about 8-9 hours.
I had similar headaches in the past, but they always passed in the span of 2-4 hours, but never made me sick to my stomach before.

Thank you.
You likely had a migraine headache, which can cause nausea, light and noise sensitivity as well as throbbing, but of course a doctor needs to do a proper diagnosis of what is wrong.  

Since you have never had so bad a headache before & it was different from your usual headache, you should go to the doctor (preferably a neurologist) as soon as possible.  Hopefully, the doctor will order a brain scan (either a CT scan or MRI) if you have not had one recently to try to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.  
All I can say is that it sounds like a migraine. There are a number of medications that work with migraines. Some you take to hopefully prevent one from coming on. My migraines started with my dementia. The migraine I have right now has been with me for the bast year and a half. I see a pain management Neurologist for my mygranes. He gives me 12 Botox injections around my head and neck. That is done every three months. I also take liquid Morephene every four hours 1cc dose. There is one other pill that I take with the Morephene. All this gets me through the day
Thank you, for the help, I´ll try to get a doctor to look into it soon !
You're welcome!  I hope you will be able to find a great doctor to help you with this!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.