Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
What kind of a headache is this ? What can I do to avoid it ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I got a really bad headache the other day, at first I fought it was a normal one, the pain was minimum, throbbing in the right side of my head, nothing new, I went to sleep as it usually passes by the time I wake up, but this one didn't the pain increased, once I sat up, laying down was out of the question, it made the pain worse than ever, just a small light made my eyes hurt, and the television set extremely low was so loud I thought it was a meter away from me. The pain made me nauseous, and I ended up vomiting. The headache passed after about 8-9 hours.
I had similar headaches in the past, but they always passed in the span of 2-4 hours, but never made me sick to my stomach before.

Thank you.
Tags: 2-4 hours, what ?, kind, kind of, Headaches, is this ?, what can I do, what ??, Headache, Is, is this?, can i, IT, nauseous, similar headaches, sick to my stomach, throbbing in the right side o, 8-9 hours, light, eyes hurt
You likely had a migraine headache, which can cause nausea, light and noise sensitivity as well as throbbing, but of course a doctor needs to do a proper diagnosis of what is wrong.  

Since you have never had so bad a headache before & it was different from your usual headache, you should go to the doctor (preferably a neurologist) as soon as possible.  Hopefully, the doctor will order a brain scan (either a CT scan or MRI) if you have not had one recently to try to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.  

All I can say is that it sounds like a migraine. There are a number of medications that work with migraines. Some you take to hopefully prevent one from coming on. My migraines started with my dementia. The migraine I have right now has been with me for the bast year and a half. I see a pain management Neurologist for my mygranes. He gives me 12 Botox injections around my head and neck. That is done every three months. I also take liquid Morephene every four hours 1cc dose. There is one other pill that I take with the Morephene. All this gets me through the day
Thank you, for the help, I´ll try to get a doctor to look into it soon !
You're welcome!  I hope you will be able to find a great doctor to help you with this!