Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why did this happen to me, I never experienced anything like this so sc...

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Why did this happen to me, I never experienced anything like this so scary.

I was at the clinic going to the doctors for a regular check-up. I was on my period (5th day). As I approached the receptionist's desk i couldnt keep myself up, i had to hold on to the desk, I couldnt see that well. I felt like i was going to faint so i told the lady at eth desk that i need to sit down because i felt like i was going to pass out. Then she took me inside asked me to put my head down between my knees. I am anemic so i have fainted in the past due to it but the new "symptoms" that struck were sudden shivering with my whole body, tingling and numbness in my fingers. I couldnt speak properly and began to cry, but i think that was because i was scared. The nurse gave me orange juice, because I hadnt eaten for about 3 hours.It took me about 35 minutes to stop after half teh bottle of juice. Why did i have this "episode", why the tingling and shivering and numbness. -IM 19 and have no idea why i had teh other symptoms.
Avatar n tn
I'm not sure about these exact symptoms, but I do recall that when I was younger (in my high school years), I once had my period and fainted. I may get lightheaded during exercise at other times, but the only time I've actually fainted was while I had my period. I used to have very heavy and painful periods. I'm not sure if that was a factor, but it does sound similar to your situation.
low blood sugar! That happened to me when I fainted b/c I was dehydrated! OJ is the best thing for it and eating regularly!
Well i'm sorry to hear about that, but was there something on your mind before going to the doctor? Maybe you were just REALLLY nervous about something, and made u feel that way