Why does my scalp hurt?
So for about the past 2-3 months or so my scalp has been in constant pain. My hair has become brittle which made me thing it wasnt getting enough nutrience. It also feel oily all of the time, even if i blow dry it right after I shower. It hurts when i put it up, keep it down, pretty much all the time. I got it cut and nothing changed. The only thing that ive been doing differently is that i quit smoking about 2 months ago, i also began taking prozack about 3 months ago. Head and shoulders hasnt helped. neither has any expensive conditioning shampoos. can anyone help???
The times that is hurts the least is when i blow dry it. If i shower at night its most painful.
If i shower at night and let it air dry it is most painful*
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The scalp could be hurting because of dandruff, excessive dryness, eczema, dermatitis or even due to pinched nerves (less likely in your case). Thoroughly massage your scalp with warm oil, leave it overnight or for a few hours and use a mild shampoo with conditioner. Use tepid water for washing. If it does not help, consult a skin specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!