Wrist Pain and loss of strength
I recently have been experiencing a constant pain in my left wrist.  I have found that there is not much strength left in it.  I am a waitress and can no longer carry even two plates in this hand.  If I try there are times when it looses complete strength and has cause me to drop the plates.  I am unsure what is happening or how to fix this?  If I hold my right hand tightly around my wrist and move it back and forth you can feel a type of friction or clicking, should i buy a wrist brace or see a doctor.  Can I continue my serving position.  
You should go see a doctor it could be a number of things. They could treat it with therapy or may have you go get some xrays and CT.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your symptoms could be due to carpel tunnel syndrome. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side. Nerve conduction studies are quite diagnostic. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases. It could also be due to rheumatoid arthritis. If you are a diabetic or have a family history of diabetes, this should be checked as diabetes can cause stiff joints of hand. Please consult an orthopedic specialist to start with. Take care!
i would see a doctor it sounds like you might have carpal tunnel in your wrist
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.