abdominal pain for 2 weeks
For about 2 weeks now I have been geting pain in the center of my abdomen. The pain is made worse if i push on the area, stand up and after meals.  After meals I get a real heavy feeling in my stomach. I also have a pulsating in my abdomen as well. I went to my doctor who did some blood tests and an abdominal ultrasound. Both were normal. I'm most worried about an aortic aneursym. Does anyone know what this could be or what i should do.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm.
Both can cause heaviness in the stomach area after meals. It could also be due to gastric paresis (slowing of stomach movement) seen in diabetes and hypothyroidism. Gas in the gut can also cause fluttering sensation which may be felt like a pulse.
Food intolerance (gluten, lactose, sea food etc) and IBS could be another possibility.
Aortic aneurysms cause a deep seated pain that radiates to the back and can be visualized on CT scans and abdominal ultrasounds.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system).
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
id be worried about the aeortic anyurism also!!!
classic symptoms.
Should I go back to my doctor or just wait it out?